This is fucking awful

This is fucking awful.

That's the paradox.

so was cloverfield.

>Watched it last night
>Fat joint and glass of bourbon
>Brain off
>Solid entertainment

I liked it enough. I have a soft spot for sci-fi horror. Could've used a bit more horror though.

yea i could tell 20 minutes in just by the dialogue it was terrible. i didn't even bother finishing it. I got tired of the crew constantly explaining to each other what is happening in the movie. the literal definition of terrible screen writing.

My dad was an extra in the original. He said the filming was silly. Green screens all over and they would say "run that way scared" "the monster made a noise look scared"

>shitflix movie

cereal? what grapes it away?

It was fun.

>cereal? what grapes it away?
xD

the first third set up something kinda mysterious and interesting despite the shitty dialogue and characters

then just pure schlock. felt like a black mirror episode.

My dad and I are going to get together and have a movie night with this. We watched the first two movies together in theater.

Regret?

I found it fine but rarely had an idea what was going on

DUDE

W E E D

cloverfield is a guilty pleasure

The first Cloverfield is fun. 10 Cloverfield Lane is a legitimately good movie. Cloverfield Paradox is just bad.

Awfully written, terrible pacing, so many stupid things that don’t get explained, at least theres Debicki

101 cloverfield lane was kino tho

It's disappointing, because with alternate universes they can now get away with everything and better yet people will actually defend it and even praise it for how 'brilliant' it is.
>b-but it's possible in muh another dimension
It's a perfect excuse for lazy writing.
Following the first clues about Tagruato and Slusho was very exciting and interesting, once the aliens were introduced it became a little too much (although the twist alone was wonderful), but now, with another dimensions and zombies, it's just a fucking mess.

Outside of a few retarded moments like the hand, and random deaths, it was not that bad of a movie.

>zombies
I meant nazis. Whatever.

you have the attention span of a baboon. gtfo to watch other stuff.

>Aside from 80% of the movie being shit, it wasn't actually that bad

Who cares you’ll be spending time with your dad at least.

The CG movie had greenscreens? That is pretty stupid. Is your dad autistic?

Haha
Fpbp

Literally me, i called my dad after i saw both trailers when they dropped, seeing the first in theaters with him was really cool

Exactly what I did. Had some really fun parts in it.

"Just turn your brain off." It's the ultimate cop out but leads to some fun times.

a BAD Cloverfield movie!? Who could've imagined that!?

Yeah its a cop out but fuck it. I don't pay for movies, and some nights I just like to be entertained.

It confirmed my theories about how they all connect (The accelerator sent monsters across all dimensions, all times, therefore technically they’re all connected) but that’s not the main focus.

The main focus is Life Part 2: Interdimensional Boogaloo, and that was moderately disappointing.

Tagruato being associated with the Nazis and trying to open a portal in 1944 could be fucking amazing though

Then go be a slut. Get paid to entertain others.

I'm interested to see if Overlord comes out this year, apparently it's done filming.

>they would say "run that way scared" "the monster made a noise look scared"
Yeah thats how screen directing works.

Do you think that when characters react to a T-Rex roar or whatever there's someone with a tape of the sound on set? Nah, the director will say "you hear a noise, look this way and look scared."

I don't understand, when did the monsters appear? The 2008 event was caused by the Cloverfield Paradox 20 years in the future, right? If the future determined the past why did the monster in this film only appear at the end after the paradox event occurred, when apparently the future affected the past with the 2008 event? Why haven't monsters been roaming the earth since the first one appeared?

It's 3:50am and I just finished the movie, there's probably an obvious answer or this post just doesn't make sense