Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s9UwrXZMWdM
youtube.com/watch?v=O80wWDwP8vE
youtube.com/watch?v=bRwulXTGhKU
youtube.com/watch?v=POiuesibKH4
youtube.com/watch?v=HoctlRyGdf8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Irredeemably bad.

Pretty good, but disdained for being responsible for both the DeviantArt Lion King fandom and the rise of Disney's direct-to-video sequels in the late 90s/early 00s.

Impossible, it's a decent movie.

No sane person would ever search for LK OCs though.

Probably the best direct to video sequel. Some songs as good or better than the original.

I still see people ask why they changed Kovu from being Scar's son to just some random lion cub. It's so the love interests wouldn't be first cousins.

Probably the best Disney sequel, not that that's saying much. I'd say only Aladdin 3 could argue otherwise.

Very mediocre. Big issue is that the evil lions make zero sense, considering the point of the Hyenas was that Scar had no forces or friends to speak of. He needed them to enforce his plans. Now suddenly he's got Zira anda big group of massive lions that obsessed over him.

Zira saves this movie. Waifu 4 laifu

Kovu was a cute.

animation was good, though it was off compared to the original. Felt very good fanarty. It does have top tier waifus though. Kovu being Scar's not son was beyond stupid

good movie.

Well then we would have had incest.

Although you'd have to think whether or not Kovu grew up thinking Scar was a father figure of some sort.

I wanna fuck Kovu. Kiara a stupit.

This.

Its Lion King meets Sonic Donut Steels

It's not bad but its not as good as the first. It feels like it lacked idk spirit or something

So was Nuka or Vitani Scar's kid? Was that ever clarified?

such a hot lion

I think it was less bad than most Disney sequels.

Everyone who likes this crap openly wants to fuck animals

Surprised how well done their animation was for straight to video releases.

But user that's not Lilo and Stitch 2

Was it ever explained why Scar was such a massive dickhead that wanted his brother dead? |I mean was he really just THAT envious he'd kill his brother? And for what to become king? Scar was already in the best position possible.

1. He's the king's brother so no one can give him shit or mess with him
2. He's was still getting pussy on the side anyway
3. His brother was actually a good ruler and overall guy, everything in the pride lands was all sunshine and rainbows
4. Since mufasa was king, scar would actually have less work to do his second in command or something

I don't have much ambition in life either so I agree with your point of view, however there are people out there who want to be in charge. They can't stand to lose, or look weak, or do well on a smaller scale and think they could run the larger stage without issue.

Scar might live really well, but he still has to obey the rules. (Mufasa has rules to obey too, but thats because he gives a shit as king not because the rules are being enforced.) He also has the voices of the Hyenas and probably a small contingent of lions and other predators telling him it should be different. Maybe there were daddy issues too.

why were all of scar's side of the family black when he was brothers with Mufasa who was white on that side?
why was Mufasa voiced by a black man and the black lions voiced by white people?

Do you suppose Vitani was his practice girl?

I guess he somehow made a secret cult around the time he ruled the Pride Lands.

I want to know why half the lions left the pride when Simba became king.

Simba is literally OC donut steel recoloured Kimba

It's ok, one of the better Disney sequels.

Because it's an adaptation of Hamlet.

Had some really great songs.
youtube.com/watch?v=s9UwrXZMWdM
youtube.com/watch?v=O80wWDwP8vE
youtube.com/watch?v=bRwulXTGhKU

>scarbama lets in all the filthy hyenas
>scarbama and hyenas ruin the land
>trumpba overthrows the darkie and deports the hyenas, restoring order to the land
>half of lions hate trumpba and go to shitty canada

Isn't He Lives in You from the Broadway version of Lion King?

The voice actors for the kid version of Kiara and Simba were also black and their singers were black too.

I really liked it.
I thought most of it was pretty good.

Except for Upendi.
That actually kind of made me nauseous.

Wouldn't know, haven't seen it in full in 10 years

I always liked to imagine that Kovu hunted down some of those animals who were singing "Not One of Us" specifically.

Over 10 years, actually.

All of this post.

One of the early wave of Disney sequels that wasn't complete ass along with the Aladdin movies.

Decent-ish story, mixed music, horribly under-budgeted animation.

Probably the best direct to DVD sequel Disney made. Still pales compared to the original, though.

Would have been a lot better with the deleted scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=HoctlRyGdf8

It's not completely terrible, but it's pretty damn bad. Kovu overcomes his years of evil brainwashing in the space of one scene, Kiara is completely forgettable, the songs are lousy, and the plot is way too predictable.

The movie also makes the mistake of telling too much instead of showing. They don't really SHOW you that Zira's raising Kovu to be an assassin; they just have Rafiki tell you that she's "filling his heart with hate," and then Simba says that he's "following in Scar's paw-prints," and then they have Kovu act vaguely sinister for the next few scenes. You don't really see Kovu's supposed hate for Simba or his parallels with Scar much at all. You also don't really see Kovu's change of heart much either. Simba just tells him that Scar was an asshole and bam, Kovu gives up all his hatred.

They also seem like they're trying to portray Scar as this terrifying Khan-type character, with one scene having Simba say that Scar "Couldn't give up his hatred, and it destroyed him," or something like that, and it doesn't really fit. Scar wasn't destroyed by his own hatred; he was destroyed because Simba came back to kick the crap out of him.

Oh, and the "Following in Scar's paw-prints" line is stupid. "Following in Scar's footsteps" works just fine. Lions have feet.

Extremely goofy movie is the best one you fat furry anus

That shit is mad dated.

It's pretty good either way

Return of Jafar started it; not Simba's Pride.

Yuck

The only halfway decent Disney direct to video sequel.

>best Disney sequel

>Be little kid
>Mommy and daddy going out for the night
>Leave you with grammy
>But don't worry, we got a special surprise for you
>I look at the VHS they got me
>Aladdin...RETURN OF JAFAR. WTF JAFAR RETURNS?!?!?!
>mind blown
>Love it, rewatch it again and again
>find out years later it was terrible

I have a headcanon for that.

let down

Let's hear it.

>After Scar assumed the throne, he lead a group of the Pridelands' strongest lionesses(the greatest being Zira) on a diplomatic mission to the Outlands to establish peace between the lions and the hyenas.
>Scar effortlessly manages to suede the hyenas to his favor(mostly due to his connections with the hyenas, prior).
>This causes the lionesses to change their tunes toward Scar. Maybe he wouldn't be as bad a king as they thought. "With leadership skills like these," thought Zira, "he could be a better king than Mufasa".
>And so, this group of lionesses banned together as the "Disciples of Scar" with Zira as their leader.
>When Scar let the Pridelands go to shit, as a last resort, he sent his disciples on a quest beyond the Pridelands to search for a new food source.
>Nala, believing Scar's decision to be stupid, goes to Rafiki for help.
>Rafiki, being the mystic that he is, doesn't give her a straight answer, but he does point Nala toward the path to her answer(her reunion with Simba).
>The rest of The Lion King plays out as normal.
>Sometime after Lion King 1, the Disciples of Scar are forced to return home to tell their king of their failed mission.
>On the way back, they run into some hyenas who tell them that Scar is dead.
>The hyenas, being the crafty creatures they are, use a half-truth to pin the blame on Simba.
>With this intel, Zira and the Disciples of Scar(but mostly Zira) decide to make it their new mission to avenge Scar.
>They return to the Pridelands and accept Simba as their new king, unbeknownst to him that it's all a ruse.
>Working in secret, the Disciples of Scar plan Simba's assassination.
>They almost succeed, but are unfortunately caught in the act.
>Charged for treason, Simba banishes them to the Outlands to never return.

Pretty stupid, huh?

because it got theatrical release.

fasten your seatbelt, we're getting a handful of these soon

DECEPTION

DISGRACE

That actually kinda makes sense.

>Politics

Didn't they already explained that in The Lion Guard?

Not nearly enough Vitani, but otherwise an okay movie.
Infinitely better than the Lion King 1 1/2. The only good thing that came out of that piece of trash was Digga Tunnah.

I liked it. Not as good as the original though.
{spoiler}I guess I'm in the minority of liking TLK 1 1/2

>Not nearly enough Vitani
Kinda sad how Vitani likely ends up alone.

It's a lot sadder how she didn't get much roles in her first appearance in TLG.

Learn to spoiler.

Upendi can fuck off

I'm the right kind of autistic for this, it's actually off this CD thing they did, then ended up in the broadway show.

>implying I don't still have a copy of this CD in my car for some reason

Screw you, Upendi's great.

1 1/2 was better.

It's mediocre and overrated for some reasons.

so is Frozen, but it made disney dosh so who cares.

>never find out what happened to the animals the villain captured

Still can't understand how anybody would think this is better than the first one, unless they think that having more "cool" moments and looking slicker beats out stellar animation, characters(except the kid), atmosphere etc.

>Didn't they already explained that

*Didn't they already explain that

because I never saw the first one

Scar was rightful ruler for having a dark mane. The darker maned lions carry more testosterone IRL and are supposed to be the alphas of the pride. Also I think I remember hearing something in the back story about how Scar actually got his scar leading to Mufasa becoming leader of the pride, and he was salty about it. Can't put my finger on it though.

I fucking loved this movie. as a kid i didnt care as much for the first one. But growing up i've realized how good it is.

the true crime is how this faded away into the shadow of shit that was 1 1/2

Love Will Find A Way is my jam

Scar's real name was Taka, which means "trash" in Swahili.

His father named him "Trash".

Think real long and hard about that one.

Phone posting

What's so bad about TLK 1 1/2?

I had this move on VHS when I was a kid, so I watched in tons of times. I've definitely watched this movie more than the original Lion King. I guess not all the plot points make the most sense, but when you don't think about it too hard it's a fine movie.

wtf why would he do that?

It's called Simba's Pride because he rules the pride and it's about Kiara who is his pride and joy.

Thematically, it's much more interesting than the first movie. However, the first movie has much better and grander execution.

Scar's father always favored Mufasa and Scar tried to compensate by being a badass but then he mouthed off to a water buffalo and got his scar, and then everyone started calling him by his disfigurement because calling him literal trash got old.

She joins the pride. Simba's tearing her ass up every time she's in heat. Learn about lions.

It was not bad. If you were a young person around the time of the first movie and now this second, it didn't exceed the first movie. But it was an okay soft second emotionally.

The songs were not great, but one or two were good.

Press f for Nuka

Poor guy, all the rewriting to avoid Kovu and Kiara being incestual makes him even more pathetic as a result.
Now he's not just the overlooked first born, but he's being overlooked for an adopted orphan that doesn't even have any relation to anyone.

Which ones?