Why did Hanna-Barbera make so many Scooby Doo copies when they already owned Scooby Doo anyway?

Why did Hanna-Barbera make so many Scooby Doo copies when they already owned Scooby Doo anyway?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r23i36aRmFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've wondered this as well.

Scooby Doo was such a success, they wanted to repeat the formula. Various networks were more than happy to have them.

The Flinstones were the same way, with Where's Huddles, Roman Holidays, the Jetsons, Wait Till Your Father Gets Home....

Basically, almost all their cartoons are copies of Yogi Bear, Scooby-Doo, Flintsones, and the Smurfs.

For the longest time I thought Josie and the Pussycats was HB-original. I still can't really think of them together with the rest of the Archie cast.

Syndication meant that while one network might pick up Scooby-Doo in one region, their rival networks would go to HB and say "We want a show like Scooby-Doo so we can compete in that timeslot!"

John K claimed that Joe Barbara told him they were really tired of Scooby Doo clones and couldn't stand them, but the network kept ordering more and more of the things.

They knocked themselves off so no one else could.

They needed to make the next Scooby Doo

always prefered jabberjaw over the og scooby cartoon. it just seemed more exciting. plus i had a thing for the bitchy tambourine chick.

Clue club nigga

>The complete animated series
Even the controversial race riot episode?

Does anyone have a comprehensive list or the drive to create one real quick? I'm asking for research purposes.

What does Scooby do that we neglect?

Didn't Boomerang used to have a block devoted to these shows called "Those Meddling Kids"?

That guy is just Fred but bigger

Guy in glasses was voiced by Shaggy's actor. In fact I think a lot of the Shaggy copies were voiced by the same guy.

I heard that it was the networks who wanted the Scooby Doo knock off shows to help fill the Saturday morning blocks

youtube.com/watch?v=r23i36aRmFI

>16 foot great white shark
>running from a man

You can argue the same about Disney.

They wanted to beat anime at it's own game.