So I read a theory that the current TTGo apocalypse is because CN is trying to scare away shareholders and go under...

So I read a theory that the current TTGo apocalypse is because CN is trying to scare away shareholders and go under without ending the network themselves. This could apparently be because they're behind in ratings behind Nick and Disney and PPG was a catastrophic flop for them that made them bleed money.
Could this be legitimate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xBKiQgGGmxI
youtube.com/watch?v=XROc-oanMuo
youtu.be/AnGTcr_Czo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If CN goes under doesn't the network automatically end?

It's marginally believable bullshit.

Apparently they just want it to burn to the ground and put a new network there instead.

I feel like it's more because CN America hates every show they have except for TTG. Basically the current top guys inherited the tweens-teens demographic that Adventure Time started pandering to, and all the cartoons that followed it.

Now, in part because of CN's autism (and now that I think about it quite possibly because of executive mandate trying to make TBS's animation block Turner's new 13+ animation guys) they want to shift to a waaay younger demographic, younger than CN's ever pandered to, and as a result CN literally has no shows that they can play. They give Gumball lipservice because it isn't as bad and PPG and Ben 10 were supposed to be the "boy toy" and "girl toy" factories so it didn't really matter how much airtime they got, and Mighty Magiswords is progress, but outside of that all their other shows (current and cancelled) are either too edgy, too quiet, or too smart to drag toddlers away from their tablets and endless stream of Let's Plays and Finger Family vids.

I suspect that if CN could, they'd cancel half their lineup right now and half their upcoming lineup, but because of unknown under the table shit much of these shows (like Steven Universe) are safe, for now, and are instead being slowly phased out.

>put a new network there

I... what? I mean this is the age of digital signal, it's not like they're taking up an actual band that they need to vacate. I'd reckon here the plan is to burn it all so they can absolve themselves of obligatigations to stockholders, reaquire their stock/assets and start over entirely fresh?

What sort of channel would they even be replace it with?

>CN wants to air TTG because they want to target a younger demographic
This could be plausible, especially coming from Miller's alleged hatred of Adventure Time and Regular Show, but don't tell me that TTG isn't absurdly risque either. They literally have foot fetish and leg fetish episodes. It may be shit, but don't pretend like it's Teletubbies.

The CN that Stu Snyder wanted. The CN that would centre on live-action shows with a smattering of animated shows played at haphazard times. The CN that would've been if CN Real hadn't been a disaster.

You think they won't do it to get on Nick and Disney's levels? They will.

But isn't 90's nostalgiabait the absolute hottest thing right now? Isn't that exactly what Nick and Disney are doing and it's practically printing gold? Why don't they do that instead?

CN has done this shit for decades. It's nothing new. The only thing that interrupted these marathons/repeat episode airings of shit like PPG/Dexter's/Cow & Chicken/Whatever in the 90's and early 00's was Toonami. They haven't had an afternoon block of separate shows since.

them going in this direction is something i'm really afraid of

in which case, the only widely available animated programs will be either dumbed down kiddie shit or seth macfarlane clones, with the occasional thing that adult swim might take a risk on

it's really disheartening how much social media and such has seemed to kill the adolescent and young adult market

CN is owned by Turner Broadcasting, which is a subsidiary of Time Warner.

It has no direct stockholders.

>it's another "Sup Forums falls for made up bullshit" episode

this is easily debunked, especially the April Fools nonsense, they did not repeat the same episode all day that day

No, that's stupid. TTGo is one of their cheapest shows thanks to the budget animation and their parent company owns the rights to the characters. Even if not many people like it, they still make a killing off it because it costs them almost nothing to air.

Yeah i don't see that megaman cartoon pulling through. Who's running the place to the ground?

It's less the content itself and more the flashy colors and loud noises.

Because CN is retarded. That's about it. Somebody at CN looks at toddlers addicted to their tablets and thinks "hmmm, there's a useful untapped market", and shifts the entire company strategy to try and pander to them.

TTG is basically the cartoon version of those weird vids of people in party City costumes slapping each other's asses they are so popular on YouTube since kids have literally no taste

Honestly leave it be user. The kids here need their tinfoil theories to justify to themselves why CN doesn't air shows they like

If that were true they wouldn't be making new shows, and TTGO apparently gets ratings.

They had the Tuesdays and Thursdays blocks through the years.

Kids should be watching all of that DEEP and EDGY stuff amirite user? Yeah, fucking kids wanting to just watch things that make them laugh, why can't they have "refined" tastes like you?

Honestly Disney and Nick are still doing pretty decently as is, and TBS's new block looks really really promising, [as] is pumping new blood into the industry, and even Netflix is stretching their legs a bit with stuff like Bojack Horseman.

Also, social media did shit. Social media and such killed the toddler-children market, who are easily entertained by that shit. The reason that tween-teen animation doesn't sell is because, with all the restrictions on animation these days those youngins have way better options on what to watch.

Why watch the Legend of Korra stumble around political and adult topics with shitty animation for 20 minutes when you could get all the blood and gore and titties you could possibly want with something like Game of Thrones? The reason why anime doesn't exist in America is because Hollywood fills that "guns and boobies" checkbox already, and with a far wider audience at that.

Sup Forums aside, Castlevania seems to have done well, though you might explain that using the licence I guess.

His point, my dear autist, is that these people are capitalising on kid's lack of taste. You can show literally anything flashy and random to a child and they'll eat it up and want more. It's the only reason those terrible "Spider-Man Elsa fart spank sorandumb" videos on YouTube get billions of views.

Running Teen Titans 300 times in one week couldn't possibly damage the network as much as greenlighting Mighty Magiswords did.

nuPPG was supposed to be their nostalgia bait show.

They just play it for the same reason Nick used to play nonstop Spongebob: It gets ratings and kids don't mind watching reruns of it. It's also why other light comedy shows like Gumball get a lot of air time. There's no conspiracy to kill the network going on.

Do they really repeat the same episodes again and again?

This sounds like a terrible idea.

CN always repeats episodes though although not this bad Back then If could not get the 8 am airing of the new Swat Kat episode I would just wait until 3 hours of top cat reruns would finish and watch it at 11 am or at 3pm
Granted they did have more shows back then but tv is a dying medium

>anyone actually thinking a convoluted plan to sink the network is more likely than mere incompetence

The Grey's Law addendum to Hanlon's Razor exists for a reason, user.

Is there some reason CN seems to be avoiding Regular Show reruns ever since it ended?

I mean the show did run for 8 seasons seems like a staple rerun show which it was even when it was still airing

a regular show rerun would do worse in the ratings than a ttg rerun so why bother

does ttg really get such consistent ratings that diversification doesn't even matter at all?

Or maybe that they believe that once a show is over, they don't do reruns of it anymore. No Regular Show, Cloudy, and Uncle Grandpa.

>there are people on this board that defend Teen Titans GO

It's like some cruel stupid joke, mocking me in the face. I wanted this at one point. Maybe.

>there are people on the Internet that defend Teen Titans GO
FTFY

This seems very silly to me

CN is just sitting on a bunch of shows doing nothing with them

at least they should be reairing the highly successful ones on a decent basis

The retards who hate the show do so primarily because it's popular or because it's aired frequently and their favorite show isn't as popular and its to the point that create retarded theories to explain why CN does it or that the network is on the verge of death when neither are true. CN posted a profit this quarter and they do air other shows but GO is king so the king gets the due and that causes childish butthurt

In other words, Gumball.

I keep hearing about these fabled Spider-Man Elsa vids but I refuse to ever watch them can you describe its content for me?

It's the non-gory video equivalent of those Elsa brain surgery games.

Jesus Christ who hurt you.

youtube.com/watch?v=xBKiQgGGmxI

He's addicted to the T.

As long as adult swimaterial stays I couldn't give less of shit.

Magiswords has its flaws, but it ain't as terrible as you're making it to be.

>he's complaining about TT:Go!
>in this day and age
>doesn't know how to change the channel on his TV

No and you should feel bad for believing it

Ehh, the other networks have shows to watch.
Who even watches TTGN for anything other than adult swim?

>They literally have foot fetish and leg fetish episodes. It may be shit, but don't pretend like it's Teletubbies.
Considering the Spiderman and Elsa youtube shit kids watch, I think foot and leg fetish stuff is gonna do nothing for them.

Prove it. Otherwise you're just disinfo.

>Hollywood fills that "guns and boobies" checkbox already
Yeah but the problem with hollywood is that it's 3dpd

Stop this bullshit. Read fucking q reports. CN is not going anywhere and still a viable asset making bank.You fucking idiots making up conspiracies all the time thinking people do not research is fucking annoy. Stop it Alex Jones. Go play Disney intern elsewhere.

>burn the channel to the ground or watch PowerPuff Twerk reboot live on
Decisions decisions

Where's your proof they're not going anywhere?

There's a very good reason why Regular Show hasn't been reran since it ended.

Once a series on CN has ended, it's immediately buried by the network with jo funeral and never mentioned outside of anniversary promos.

Don't expect to see any Uncle Grandpa reruns in the near future too.

wouldn't really consider that a good reason just a reason

Both of you are massively retarded, just letting you know

Whenever old CN had a marathon, it didn't last for MONTHS like TTG and Johnny Test did.

It's almost kinda funny in a weird ironic way. Almost.

The state of CN is why women named Christina need to be dragged into the woods and beaten to a pulp.
Why is every single female with that name is a fucking retarded bitch?

That and Trump thrashing CNN will be the death of Turner and the return of The WB in the States.

From the looks of it Turner will be adsorbed into Warner Bros.

So, instead of waking the fuck up and improving programming, they just want to figuratively kill the channel? Wow, just like actual politicians.

Blame Trump, but look at the bright side, Turner will be absorbed into Warner Bros and The WB will be coming back.

That means Looney Tunes will be airing regularly again.

This. It's the same reason Johnny Test used to air all the time. It could get basically no views and still make them money.

Even Johnny Test at its worst wasn't this bad.

It was close however.

Ok Autists, enough fantasy and now reality.

Cartoon Network still has one of the highest availability percentages in subscription television. That means a lot when certain providers are looking for excuses to drop under performing networks to reduce costs

Cartoon Network posted a profit this quarter which means their ad revenue is in the black and their merchandising is in the black

Cartoon Network is currently producing and marketing new shows, Networks in the throes of despair don't do things like that.

They aren't dying, GO oversaturation isn't a herald of doom, they're still going to be around. You're still going to be mad. The End

Uhhh....

youtube.com/watch?v=XROc-oanMuo

Maybe something better could replace it? Probably not but hey,we're all just guessing here.

Yea, this.

Alongside replacing the Seth MacFarlane 3 with 90 minutes of this.

>That means Looney Tunes will be airing regularly again.
Not an american, so i probably shouldn't care. Besides, I'd rather look forward to new stuff

Overexposure is a perfectly legitimate reason to hate a show, especially if it deprives ratings from other decent shows that need them to stay on the air.

You get new Looney Tunes content that surpasses this in terms of production quality and budget.

Also more Looney Tunes DVDs & Blu-Rays as well.

Did a girl named Christina break your heart?

Move on, faggot

Cable companies have stopped relying on Neilson ratings ages ago. It's all about On Demand and stream numbers now

t. Christina
Fuck off bitch.

You still have over the air to deal with as not everyone has high speed internet and/or cable.

>They literally have foot fetish and leg fetish episodes. It may be shit, but don't pretend like it's Teletubbies.
So? Cartoons have always had fetish material. Not sure what makes TTG so special in that regard.

You know how bad it has gotten? In my country there's no CN anymore.

The channel dissapeared, and the only way to watch the shows is with public television months after they first aired.

If you don't have cable or satellite, then you don't have Cartoon network anyway, in America at least.

Hence TBS replacing Seth MacFarlane 3 with 90 minutes of Looney Tunes.

Also Regular Show is lore heavy and basically the current top brass HATE HATE HATE lore heavy shows. Which is also one of the main reasons TTG gets so much airtime: 99% of all of the episodes are stand alone and can be aired out of sequence.

No, I think that new Miller bitch is just an idiot.

Wouldn't cable and satellite drop them from their subscriptions first?

Not really a new network, they want to transition over to the Boomerang App.

Subscription services for individual shows on phones is the future according to Turner and Warner.

They did this back in 09' and then cancelled Chowder and Flapjack because they wanted to transition over to a 12-14 agegroup.

Not after what happen to CNN, all the Turner networks are on their death bed.

They're not wrong, people stream all the time when they're outside or at work. HBO GO has more subscribers than the actual HBO channel

All Turner Networks are owned by Warner. Turner is just operated as a subsidiary for tax and anti monopoly purposes.

Cartoon Network always fucks up
Remember the Hall of Game Awards?
youtu.be/AnGTcr_Czo0

Mm hm. Somebody post the collage of bored children.

Everyone wants the current Disney model which is tween live shows followed up with cartoons and then a heavy dose of tween music.

Nick moved over to a much more Disney styled format back in 08-ish and even imitated the tween music videos in commercial breaks.

CN Live was a real half assed attempt at this since their shows were not quite the same thing. They were not music driven nor did they have any plots to them. Disney and Nick tween live shows are kiddie sitcoms with laugh tracks and loads of CGI to keep kids interested. CN Real was a collection of kid versions of Discovery Channel shows. With Man vs Wild, Cash Cab, Junkyard Wars, etc. Nothing kids really give a shit about. If Cartoon Network ever made their own version of Thundermans, or Lab Rats then CN Real might still be a thing today.

The way TBS is now producing a lot of new series this might still happen again today. But if they were, it might be better to not do it on CN again. Just make a new channel breakaway from TBS or something. TBKids or something similar. Boomerang really has no actual purpose at all outside of showing shit that did not premiere well on CN, rework it instead.

Primarily with Viacom properties since it is clear they stopped trying around 05.

Disney not nearly as much. They have Princesses, Marvel, and Star Wars. They are fine doing what they are doing.

>Star Wars

>Not Nostalgia

And most of those princesses are from the 90s, Belle, Mulan, Jasmin, Pocahontas.

Kyle Did

So I guess there's not a chance Miller could be a reverse Michael Eisner like Snyder was? 2007-2009 was the worst era for CN but, 2010-2014 was the best era for the channel what with the best greenlit decisions since Cohen was the President and you have to remember Snyder was CN President through both of those eras.

So you know, maybe starting in 2018 or 2019 we might see things go back to a positive direction while still being under Miller?

No, Turner runs like Disney Television Animation & Disney Feature Animation, other then being under the same parent company they're 100% unrelated otherwise.

If Trump kills off Turner because of #CNNBlackMail then whatever thats left will be adsorbed into Warner Bros.
Paul Rudish is trying to demonopolize Disney by selling Marvel to Viacom and LucasArts to News Corp as well as splinting off ABC/ESPN into it's own thing like what happen with Viacom & CBS years ago.

Disney Channel, Disney Jr. & Disney XD however are another story.

>Paul Rudish is trying to demonopolize Disney by selling Marvel to Viacom and LucasArts to News Corp

Why? Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard.