Fuck.. even YMS gave this a "6 or 7 out of 10" and said the Raimi trilogy was better

Fuck.. even YMS gave this a "6 or 7 out of 10" and said the Raimi trilogy was better.

Why does this movie just scream "meh..." to the audience?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=spiderman2017.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

After a movie about a time-manipulating, dimension travelling sorceror who fights a gigantic being with his wits and a space opera where the protags are up against an entire planet it's kinda hard to go back to a guy in a cheap-looking CGI spandex suit who runs around in the neighborhood to chase a van and "Benis Barker XDDDD" jokes.

Original Sin for the MCU
Tony Stark being more loved and other bullshit to the general audience.

There's already a thread for this, knock it off

>scream meh to the audience
k

tired of spiderman movies of course

he gives every MCU movie a 6-7 out of ten.

they need to stop getting mediocre actors to play Spiderman

Tobey sold that role
he WAS Spiderman

now this is a man of taste. kudos

nice try fag

>thinking audiences and critics see eye to eye outside of rare exceptions
Okay

>Movie is so amazing and beloved.
>Way better than Raimi's movies guys!
>Box office will be under Raimi's movies.
>Box office will be under BvS and SS.
LEL

I actually just saw it and think it's the best Marvel movie in years. This is, what, maybe the third Marvel movie where the villain has some depth? And it had focus - showing how a kid hero can fuck shit up when he tries to act in the big league. I love Raimi's two Spider movies, but this one was less cheesy, more focused, and just worked better as a movie, and not just a comic adaptation with all of its faults.

And since when Sup Forums listens to YMS? Are horse fuckers now okay and you wanna merge with /mlp/ again?

tobey was the best peter parker and will never be topped.

however this latest actor really sold the jokey and youthful nature of spider-man when we was spider-man. failed to capture the nerdy awkwardness of peter though.

I have to actually watch it

I just can't comprehend how Marvel could fuck up Spiderman. I can't. You're saying they did, and I stare at the words and think "Wait, Spiderman?"

They didn't. This is your first day on Sup Forums? They love the shitty movies, like Dr Strange, but dislike the good ones that try at least a few new things, like this Spidey.

Because it is meh. The casting was horrible, except for Keaton, the story was generic, Peter's entire motivation was fucked up, the humor was cringe, and peopel are just tired of SJW shit being put in movies.

Holland acted nothing like the Spider-man of the 60s and 70s.

Sup Forums collectively agreed months ago that since the trailers showed Peter sucking Tony's dick they weren't going to see the movie, and now that it's been out for a while they can't say anything wrong about it except that because they haven't seen it.
This movie did a great job showing Peter learning about being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
The worst part is that there is a reason for the movie being "meh", the supporting cast was TV show tier. But nobody wants to actually talk about that.
There's been a couple threads in the past few days and this is the only legitimate complaint I've seen This guy hasn't even seen it and he thinks he knows what the movies about

Why do you want a 21st century teenager to act like a 20th century adult?

Aunt May was okay, the fat kid really was TV show tier, same with the love interest and the manlet idiot bully. Though at least they did kinda look like 14 year olds - with the girl being taller, no macho bulky dudes walking around etc.

And yeah, I loved the aspect of showing Spidey being just one of them. The kid had a nice accent, he knew some places around, he was doing what a kid his age would do - being really shit at hiding his stuff around. I like how the movie tried putting Spidey in every situation that he was weak to, but we never saw that in other movies - like trying to catch a car when there weren't any tall buildings to swing from around. Or when he had to help people while going too high. Or while being on a boat, where his mobility was fucked. A nice change of pace, since no other adaptation tried that.

>Spider-man of the 60s and 70s.
Sup grandpa Stan, loved your cameo.

It was fresh. They didn't have an uncle ben scene, but they replaced it with a LOT of mistakes Peter made instead. Even as he was hopping roofs I was thinking "MCU Jameson's going to have an actual reason to hate Spider-Man". I feel like the writers did a great job at subtly showing Peter's arc, they knew exactly where they wanted to take him as a character for once.

What is it with Sup Forums and the schizophrenics?

>This guy hasn't even seen it and he thinks he knows what the movies about
I literally said I have to watch it for myself, because I cannot understand all the negative feedback. Those were my very first words. Let's read them together, out loud this time, so we practice our reading:
>I-have-to-actually-watch-it
It might be me, but that seems to imply I haven't watched it, ergo I couldn't make an opinion about it. Perhaps, just throwing things out there, that was the point of the post.

This is probably the 5th time this past month I made a short post, on Sup Forums, in particular, that was wildly misinterpreted when there was no room for ambiguity.

I mean, is it you? Are you the resident whacko? Or is it a certain population?

Can't wait now for Sony to end the deal with Marvel someday and shit on all of this with their own movie. Same actors, same props, but suddenly everything is shit - it'll be the most bizarre thing ever.

Wow user, in case you didn't notice but I literally said "he didn't watch it". I think I understood your post just fine, I just don't know why you have an opinion on a movie you haven't watched. Go watch the cam and you'll find out that they did not, in fact, shit on his character like Sup Forums likes to parrot. Because they didn't watch the movie. Like you.

>Sup Forums trusts YMS's opinion over Red Letter Media

Are you shit posting or are you serious?
Can't tell honestly

I was amazed by how much I agreed with him on Unfriended. Usually critics go soft on shitty horror movies and he was roasting the shit out of that particular piece of trash. I haven't seen any other of his reviews, but they can't be any worse than opinions of people who think that Rey's actress has any charisma.

You also said
>He thinks he knows what it's about
Can you point me to where I made any such claim?

Let's consider the first sentence, I have the feeling you DIDN'T read them out loud, so let's put on our thinking caps and read it OUT LOUD, so that we can prevent any future spergfests.

Now, after reading it out lout, what makes you think I knew what the movie is about, and that my post wasn't entire about OTHER people's opinion, and my disbelief of them?

Tell me, are you always this dishonest with yourself and others or is this a chronic personality flaw of yours? Because it is grating as fuck, and you should probably self medicate with bleach, just for the benefit of everyone else.

YMS approves beastiality,why would I care about his opinion?

Daisy Ridley isn't that bad. Rey is very vanilla and a bit overpowered but she's way more of a character than "Katniss Everdeen in space". The Force Awakens is a shitty movie, Rogue One struggles to be a film at all. I think that RLM has a lot of bad opinions but they nailed it there.

Audience is at 90% enjoyed on that picture. That doesn't seem "meh" to me.

Daily reminder YMS is a dog fucker

Am I the only one who was disappointed of Toby for not looking exactly like animated Spider-Man?

I liked it, I like how instead of it being about a world ending calamity or super-villain or something grimdark, they made it a story about a local guy stopping robberies, like a throw back to older comics. And the villains were just some blue-collar guys who found some high tech shit and decided to rob the big-time super heroes.

And I think only that one guy died, and it was an accident, and the villain only went to jail and seems to be on the road to redemption and may get paroled one day while serving his time. It was a refreshingly light change of pace for cape stuff.

It's a fun film, but there really was no emotional core. The first half for example felt like an extended Superbowl ad. Everything was light and funny, and that preventing it from having a real solid heart.

Take Aunt May. There are about 4 "Sexy aunt" jokes they do earlier in the film, that when it's time to get serious with her, it feels so false. And then the last second reveal also rang false because Aunt May was barely a part of Peter's life in this film. Hell, where does she even work?

And don't get me started on how people are making Michelle out to be Barb from Stranger Things.

>It's an "user tries to stir up shit by posting the opinion of a renown idiot nobody takes seriously while also comparing a new product to classics to provoke the fans of the former in order to be potentially able to pretend that they're unreasonable people that are willing to bad talk said classics to 'shill' the new movie" episode

I hate this board. We're living a second golden age of CBM but people like OP made it impossible to talk about it like normal fans

>Why does this movie just scream "meh..." to the audience?
Because it's fucking Marvel, the people who made Gaurdians of the galaxy and FUCKING Ant Man into good movies. And then they get Spiderman probably one of the most popular stand alone Marvel comic book heroes and turn him into Tony's little pet project which wouldn't be bad if it didn't take him the whole movie to get out his shadow (while still using a STARK TECH spider suit and gadgets). I'll give them the excuse that it's a "start up" movie but that doesn't make it less mediocre

Remember that scene in The Twelve Tasks of Asterix with the cook that brings one ridiculous meal after another?

Homecoming is the slice of toast.

600 million worldwide.You get that with repeat viewings. This movie and Wonder Woman dominated the summer. All that matters. Do research before you shit post.
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=spiderman2017.htm

I think you should just go watch the movie and stop shitting up the thread with your projecti- i mean hot opinions.
Also
>I just can't comprehend how Marvel could fuck up Spider-Man
They didn't, watch the movie.