I absolutely love steven universe, but i still think it was a little bit too easy to escape Blue and Yellow diamond

I absolutely love steven universe, but i still think it was a little bit too easy to escape Blue and Yellow diamond

Other urls found in this thread:

transformersprime.wikia.com/wiki/Shifter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How hard should've it been?

The diamonds should have been seen personally chasing them and not just looking outside the palace and saying "you are in my world now"

I don't think making it into a Tom and Jerry skit would've made it any better, to be honest.

that would made them look like tom and jerry. they should have rained crystals of death of steven.

vore

It wouldn't be like Tom and Jerry imo, it would be more like escaping for your life from an extremely powerful being that can eradicate you in an instant

The end result would've been the same with the Diamonds looking just as incompetent.

Actually, what we got now was to establish that the Diamonds do conflict with one another and it foreshadows one of them falling out and possible switching sides. How do you incorporate that into your scenario?

Maybe they should have make Aquamarine a special security guard during the trial, and after Steven escapes she would chase him.

that would have made things much better. it makes sense to have the best security possible preventing Rose Quartz from escaping

*Maybe they should have made

If there's one thing this show has consistently done, it's shown that Gems, especially those in a position of power, are incredibly incompetent, even when it comes to the simplest things.
The Gems are only a galaxy voyaging, planet destroying race by lack of actual competition and being by physical nature OP as shit.
They've had eons to develop all their tech, literally teaching any new members of their race straight from birth what the previous members learned, and now they've hit a brick wall.
Gems as a species don't really develop, they just kind of stagnate and remain as they are for more or less forever. It's one of the many reasons why the Crystal Gems are such fucking weirdos, and even they don't really progress so much as simply acknowledge their faults and then fail to change them.

One of the reccuring themes of the show is that Homeworld is locked into a very strict caste system and the flaws that come from it. Why should a Diamond exert too much effort? That's a duty for the drones.

Hard as diamonds.

The show kinda has a message that growth comes from new experiences and chaos and struggle that comes from them.

The reason why gems seem to stagnate is because of their caste system, in a way, their own society work for their detriment. Gems develop when they break the mold and go outside of the boundaries of their society. I'd say that the Diamonds are responsible of gems' caste system but I don't know if the stagnation that comes with it is a main purpose of it or just a side effect.

The caste system comes in part from their very nature, though. They are made as they are. They don't have any squishy organic components. Their "brains" cannot restructure themselves to produce new behavior patterns. For all their talk of freedom, what have any of the CGs done that is in any way contrary to their nature?

I think you could make the strongest argument that Pearl is the one acting most outside of her role, but she basically traded one form of servitude for another. She only took on new behaviors because that's what her master asked of her.

Even Rose, who was the first to realize the superiority of organic life in this respect, couldn't do anything to truly change her nature. She saw producing a halfbreed as her only way out. Effectively, she broke free of her caste by suicide.

I'd say the strongest argument is actually Peridot. After spending months on Earth you could say she's an entirely different gem (for better of for worse, depends who you ask), on top of discovering that she had a power she thought she didn't have.

The gems are designed to be a part of the caste, that's why it seems that it is in their nature, most of gems are cut in a certain way as if to symbolize that they are made to fit the mold their society has made.

what a fucking minute
They repeat the same zoo shit again?
>can escape because the diamonds are talking
fuck that shit

I think the ultimate problem is that homeworld never seems to win in any percibible way, their only win against the CGs was when they captured Steven, but they didn't really captured him, he surrender himself to them. We are suppose to believe this is real threat but it never feels like one.

Gems are incompetent, dimwitted nimrods. The fact that Blue and Yellow are equally as hypocritical and shortsighted as their moronic subjects isn't that far fetched

Nice

You just described a mouse running from a cat

Gems are not stupid, they just work in a different way then humans.

If gems were actually stupid they wouldn't develop this kind of advanced technology

Tom doesn't give you a feeling of an all powerful, threatening being though

the diamonds legit thought they wouldn't get anywhere because well... it's not like they could teleport... riiiight?

yeah like really they'd be basically no way to leave.

proof that zircon's "it's an inside job!" is BS?

Tumblr is a cancerous tumor.

Hard enough to make the closest thing to antagonists in the series intimidating.

>Gems are not stupid
Most of them are. Like 99%.

Get ready to slap that reaction into overdrive, bucko.

So... does that make this show the best Transformers cartoon airing?

In fairness OP, I don't think they realised Steven could just turn his allies into portals everytime they die.

Imagine if a country arrested some random crook, put them in a remote prison in the Antarctic, and then they escaped with no vehicular aid. You're not going to assume they can portal back to Manchester over them having died somewhere in the snow.

I've always said that Steven Universe was 'What if Sailor Moon was a little fat boy, and his Mom was Optimus Prime.'

man, all this stuff about the rebellion and and the gems being a caste system and white diamond being some mysterious figure is legit interesting. I gotta catch up.

I think Op means how they escaped the trial just by hopping into the robot chair while they were distracted

Kill yourself.

It was very easy for them but there was no way the writers could've allowed steven and lars to escape the room without making the gems look even more incompetent than they already we're in the scene. If there were more people in the room it would've made them look dumb and oblivious as fuck.

1. 2 Diamonds and the accused in a court room with no guards? The gem lawyer even gave a list of the amount/types of gems that would be surrounding and protecting a diamond at times. If there were more people in the room and for some reason NO ONE noticed what steven was doing while the diamonds were arguing it would've looked stupid.

2. Also if aquamarine alone was there as a guard she would've instantly stopped them with her wand even after the chair jumped through the wall

God, this shit with Lars getting sucked into all this had better fuck Steven right up.

I fucking hate how well Lars takes it. I get that they bonded, but fucking come on. Theres suspension of disbelief and then there's get the fuck out.

Even my 5 year old nephew was just like "Why isn't Lars madder? His life might be ruined."

who the fuck is this and why has she never been mentioned despite apparently being the most important gem on homeworld.

That's the interesting part because it's true. Gems are outright not very smart.

They are very bad at handling untruths or even artless deception. If things are not going the way they're supposed to go they get confused and angry.

If this wasn't the case overall, Rubies would never be entrusted a priceless commodity like an intergalactic space ship.

>does that make this show the best Transformers cartoon airing?

You could easily integrate the Crystal Gems into the Transformers as a subspecies. Heck, you could say Homeworld is the Lost Colony of Amalgamous.

transformersprime.wikia.com/wiki/Shifter

If you die and then are resurrected, I imagine your whole outlook on life changes.

Probably precisely for that reason.

The are made to behave like they belong to their cast aswell.
Just look at Pearl. She might have forsworn HW, but all she did was following her master Rose everywhere. After all that happened she is still just a Pearl.

They can break off acting like their caste too. Just look at Peridot.

Literally all Peridot has been doing is building things
She made a farm, a laser drone defense system, and a giant fighting robot, among other things, like the art that was without purpose

>She made a farm, a laser drone defense system, and a giant fighting robot, among other things
I've always wanted to learn how to build things, but I was far too poor at mathematics to ever manage any kind of engineering courseload. Nothing has ever been as cool to me as inventors and builders.

Get fucked non-STEM brainlet
Anyway the point here is that Peridot is still doing Peridot things, she hasn't left her role at all

>Gems are not stupid

There's definitely something fucking wrong with them, like they lack common sense, but that might just be the writers fault, as in, they don't know how to write them out of a situation without homeworld looking like retards.

>I absolutely love steven universe

Hahaha, what a faggot.

>Diamond Pearls are the Rose Brides of HW
explains why Pilot Pearl looked so fabulous.