Can someone tell me why blackwashings okay but whitewashing isnt...

Can someone tell me why blackwashings okay but whitewashing isnt? What makes black people so entitled to our beloved characters?

The punisher did replace war machine.
And there is white guy as black panther twice.

Miles isn't blackwashing.
>Our
Kill yourself

But he is. The black bitch literally says he doesnt want to be the black spider man, he wants to be THE spider man

Blacks will say Slavery, as if an event 200 years ago justifies any action done to appeal to them.

Jews will say diversity, because you can't normalize race mixing without putting that black face in a previously white role

Cucks will say racism because not having enough of a demographic that's not know for buying comics "included" is just "wrong and unfair"

Frank's just using tools. You might as well say he replaced Ant-Man when he used the helmet. Black Panther was never a "white guy". Kasper was mixed, and Hunter was the White Wolf, not BP. Unlessyou mean that time Ult!Cap cosplayed as BP.

>replacing a white character with a black character isn't black washing

Are you retarded or just pretending because that's a literal description of blackwashing

>Jews will say diversity, because you can't normalize race mixing without putting that black face in a previously white role
>implying the jew myth exsists
I hate diversity as much as the next guy, but its all because a bunch of rich white cucks with white guilt try to push it. Their is no race mixing conspiracy by the "evil jew". Jews are an easy scapegot for a more difficult problem and one that comes from the conspirators own race.

Because out of all your "beloved" characters, very few of them actually have to be white. Whereas many of the more diverse comic characters actually have their ethnicity/gender/etc. tie into their character development. So obviously there's a difference between the two things.

>our
Buddy I hoped off this train in 2011. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

>replaceing a white character with a black one isn't black washing when it's done specifically to surplant the white one
>even when the author of the character wrote him saying that himself
>"I don't want to be known as the black spiderman I want to be THE spiderman"
>implying our spiderman doesn't refer to everyone's spiderman

That isnt blackwashing. Blackwashing is changing a white character's race to be black dumbass

Sup Forums is that way ---->

What was the point in repeating the first two replies?

There is white power-man too.

Hey, if marvel calling him war machine. Then he is war machine.

Peter died, Jessica should have become the new spiderman to be honest as she doesn't need an introduction.

He's not black Peter Parker, he's Miles Morales. Not the guy you're replying to, but Goddamn you're dumb if this is what you're choosing as an example of racial injustice for your Aryan brethren.
Oh yeah? Well whites will play the victim, get outraged over pointless shit, and do all the things they complain about everyone else doing.

>Peter died, Jessica should have become the new spiderman to be honest as she doesn't need an introduction.

Well, you need a man to be a spider-man.

Its not replacement since Peter is still around and is relevant.

Honestly they should interact more and Peter should be mentoring Miles but the writers(and some fans)like manchild Peter.

>Oh yeah? Well whites will play the victim, get outraged over pointless shit, and do all the things they complain about everyone else doing.
and PoC's won't? fag

She could have just grown a dick via clone mumbo jumbo.

We had Spider-Girl, a much better character (she actually has one) much better written, and more of a proper legacy character than Miles will ever be. Also sold better too, certainly didn't need to be shoehorned into everything.

By the same token, why are female mantle takers of male heroes okay but male mantle takers of female heroes not?

Not in ultimate and Jessica was already a protagonist in ultimate mystery. She was reminiscent of Kaine and Ben Riley but female, less edgy and better adjusted I wanted to see where they would take her character.

Just curious, how are you people defining "okay"?

Because slavery and discrimination that has not historically affected white people.
That's it, it's not a difficult concept to understand.

Its been 200 years, why cant they shut the fuck up about it?

Just curious, but do you prefer Black Widow as woman or man?

You're a fucking idiot apparently. Because OP shows exactly what you just described.

Because Niggers are from a culture of gubmedat. They want everything the white people have, so they demand it and give suspicious reasons. "Slavery"? "Racism"? Get real and fuck off. Create your own entities and stop being entitled thieves.

Peter Parker is still white and Spider-Man.

black people do create their own characters, Duffie did just that. Characters like Miles are made by self loathing whites who wish they were black, or by people who want to pretend they're good people by giving somethign like this to another race. Then of course you can't call them out on it, or suggest that they make an original character because it's racist. It's a whole lot of smokescreening and dick waving.

Miles Spider-man was created by killing off ultimate peter Parker, and replacing him with Miles. That's exactly what you describe.

Bendis has wanted to kill of spiderman for the longest time, given the opportunity he would have done it already on a much larger scale and for a more permanent scope. He was quoted as saying something like "Peter has had his time, it's time for him to move over and let someone new take his place!"

If you can't guess that what happened in ultimate was what he wants to happen in mainline, you're blind.

>Dude let's forget history lmao
No. Stop getting triggered when people talk about slavery.
That's funny because the people who are deciding to cast Elba as Heimdal, write Michelle Jones in instead of Mary Jane, etc. are almost all white. Or at least, non-black. So you're calling us "thieves" when you should be blaming your own kind, if anything.

>Stop getting triggered when people talk about slavery.

Your ancestors from 200 years ago were slaves, not you.

Honestly with the way Marvel has handled Peter(in the comics), him taking a backseat for a while might be a good thing.

I fail to see how your argument applies, when the Ultimate comics ended a while ago. In the current comics Peter is still Spider-Man.

>That's funny because the people who are deciding to cast Elba as Heimdal, write Michelle Jones in instead of Mary Jane, etc. are almost all white

Hahahaha. Good joke my non white friend.

Blacks are still systematically being discriminated against in subtle ways. They feel underrepresented.

Instead of making original black characters that don't sell marvel decided to black wash them.

White washing has a historical racial context. It's still happening to this day in some ways. Why do you think dumbfuck black actors raise a fuss every Oscar season about fair representation?

Co already has had this talk before and discussed this ages ago.

I wish summer would end so these white suburban fckwits and leave to Pol or tv and we have quality discussion.

Also I personally think blackwashing to appease to the minority is the most lazy thing to do in history. You can easily tell how boring miles or riri are.

Anyways sadly minorities are eating it up because they can't actually differentiate between whats quality and whats not.

I think what really cemented my hate for Miles was when they brought back Pete (ultimate) back to life with no explanation how and why to give Miles his blessing and then Pete and MJ drive unto the sunset and then die because of incursion.

Tell me why the fuck blacks have to be shived into every peice of media and have it center around them like how marvel is doing it when they are only 13% of the population. I seriously want to know your answer on why they should be overrepresented.

Reparations white boi! Even though I myself have never experienced the true adversity my grandparents experienced in the Civil Rights movement nor the slavery of muh ancestors.

WE

He fucked up already by having a BLACK spider man costume.

Make the costume pink and pray that people will instead call you the pink spiderman instead of the black pink spiderman. Or make the costume white and then see what happens.

They brought Peter back in Ultimates to please the fans who whined about blackwashing.

>*black person appears onscreen*
>REEEE fucking niggers taking over!
You know, this reminds me of how white AND black straights treat gay dudes. Practically any time it's brought up or appears in media, or some celeb comes out, they're all like "STFU no one cares" or "Stop putting gays in everything". They'd literally prefer a fantasy world where everyone is like them. And no I am not a SJW beta cuck, in fact I lean right if anything.

Originally that was not the case, and literally everyone knows it. If you dont know that, or cant be honest enough to acknowledge it youre not ready to discuss this subject.

And then jim crowe and other forms of segregation continued long into the 50's and 60's

But they arent just in it, there were enough black marvel characters already. Its the fact that minorities or women take up EVERYTHING marvels trying to push right now.

>at least 3 of these titles are already cancelled
also, fuck deodato in the neck

>literally one white guy
white guys are now the minority.

White people in the united states truly are the most oppressed people in history

And he can go any minute. Remember the whole Brother Voodoo, Sorcerer Supreme fiasco.

What really bothers me is that there are only two groups of people that actually care about this representation of diversity: blacks and cucked white folks. Not only in comic books, but also in sports, movies and so on.

Latinos have been the largest minority group in the US for years now, but you don't hear about them boycotting the Oscars because they're not nominated for shit. They don't demand Latino athletes, coaches and owners in the NFL and the only major Latino superhero is half black.

And they don't give a shit. Neither do Asians, who didn't give a shit about Scarlett playing Motoko in Ghost in the Shell or Emma Stone being half Asian in a movie.

At some point we are going to have to face reality. This is not about diversity. It is about a very specific group of people generating a sense of culpability on another group of people to get their way.

The problem with all of these minority heroes isn't that they're minorities. Plenty of non-White characters have existed for decades and White people have loved a bunch of them.

No. These new minority heroes are fucking insufferable because every single one of them was created specifically to grab at those diversity points.
In the past, when you created a new character, things like race and gender and religion were the last things you ironed out in the character concept. The shit you always started with was the general identity of the hero.
A human spider.
A billionaire vigilante detective.
A super scientist.
An enraged monster.

But now? Now the first thing they think of?
A black person.
A Muslim.
A homosexual.
All of the fucking above.
And for many of these new heroes, that's all there is to their identity.

It's not about cool concepts and fantastical powers anymore. It's about hitting off as many checkboxes on the diversity checklist as possible so you can feel good on twitter.
And almost none of these minority heroes feel like characters. None of them have any goddamn flaws that are acknowledged in the comics yet we the readers see constantly. Every single one of them is constantly being pat on the back for literally nothing. They're either insufferable cunts or boring as shit. The only one character in this push who has any business taking over for another hero is Laura.

For fucks sake, Riri Williams' origin story is literally, LITERALLY
>"Why isn't anyone being racist and/or sexist towards me right now? Can someone please victimize me? Teacher you victimize me right fucking now you White devil. WOO! Thanks teacher! Now I have purpose! But seriously fuck you though how dare you."
And don't even get me started on that fucking "Wow, is this what lesbian dating is like?" speech from America's book.

>latinos

too white

>asians

too white.

>At some point we are going to have to face reality. This is not about diversity. It is about a very specific group of people generating a sense of culpability on another group of people to get their way.

Well, with some luck that bubble will burst soon enough. This entire narrative, this push to unnecessarily change characters, just isn't sustainable in the long run and before long it'll bite anyone who keeps doing it in the ass.

>This entire narrative, this push to unnecessarily change characters, just isn't sustainable in the long run and before long it'll bite anyone who keeps doing it in the ass.

At some point Disney will notice the series decline in sales compared to when they purchased them.
And while all of those big box office movies will keep the execs complacent for a time, eventually some of the Disney bean counters are going to look over Marvel's numbers as a company and say "Hey...The comics division is hemorrhaging money with most of it's monthly books."
And that'll be the end of it.

This. I definitely see Disney reducing Marvel to the bare minimum 5 or 6 issues per month in a not so distant future

There is a reason why these butch lesbian activists are ostracized by society: they are fucking annoying. Why anyone thought it was a good idea to give a comic book to this idiot "author" is beyond me.

What was that line from Legion?

"In times of peace, the warlike people turn on themselves".

Whites need an enemy. Hitler knew that. Now they've only got themselves to destroy.

>there were enough black characters already

Could you name 15

Here's some sale data from last month.
I did some of the top-10 and some stuff at-or-below Miles' level

Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 1 - 224,620
Star Wars Darth Vader 1 - 118,644
Edge of Venomverse 1 - 98,052
--------------------------------------
Doctor Strange 20 - 31,497
Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows 8 - 29,699
Deadpool Vs Punisher 5 - 29,610
Spider-Man 17 - 29,428
Spider-Gwen 21 - 28,535
Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider 3 - 27,053
Black Bolt 2 - 26,435
Daredevil 22 - 26,199
Infamous Iron Man 9 - 25,954
Thanos 8 - 25,661
Black Panther 15 - 25,466
Hulk 7 - 25,089
Iron Fist 4 - 24,706
Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider 4 - 23,939
All New Guardians of Galaxy Annual 1 - 23,871
I Am Groot 2 - 23,202
Jean Grey 3 - 23,140
Totally Awesome Hulk 20 - 23,019
Gwenpool 17 - 22,292
Jessica Jones 9 - 22,261
Iceman 2 - 22,075
Mighty Captain Marvel 6 - 20,870
Captain America Sam Wilson - 18,432
True Believers Amazing Spider-Man 1 - 18,201
Ms. Marvel 19 - 17,907
Luke Cage 2 - 17,277
U.S. Avengers 7 - 15,664
Doctor Strange Sorcerers Supreme 9 - 15,129
157 158 Spider-Man 2099 24 - 14,828
Black Panther Crew 3 - 14,634

>And they don't give a shit. Neither do Asians, who didn't give a shit about Scarlett playing Motoko in Ghost in the Shell or Emma Stone being half Asian in a movie

Asian Americans did actually give a shit about this. Japan didn't because they didn't have the same representarion issues

yes he is
he is the definition of the word

If it was the other way around, Marvelfags would be seething and crying SJW

a black peter parker would have more character than miles morales.

Bendis is a jew

Not him, but I want to try
Storm, Prowler, Luke Cage, Black Panther, Warmachine, Blade, Bishop, Man-Ape, Falcon, Slyde
Shit, only got 10 since I didn't want to go into supporting-casts
And I admit I only remember slide due to this image of Hulk holding a gun

Black Panther
Luke Cage
Storm
Misty Knight
Blade
War Machine
Falcon
Bishop
Goliath
Cloak
Patriot
Doctor Voodoo
Night Thrasher
Whatever the fuck Monica Rambeau is calling herself these days.

That's 14.
And Ultimate Nick Fury spilling into thr movies and in turn spilling into 616 makes 15.

Because it doesn't happen as often as white people whotewashing. Doesn't make things better but since people don't see it as often they are less to call a fowl.

Um, like, a little thing called SLAVERY?! Like god how can you be so ignorant?

>all these cancellation numbers
How is Marvel Comics making any money?

So what's going on with these threads is Sup Forums is sending insurgents to other boards to shitpost and spread their toxic ideas, and the sad 50-something white supremacists that go to Sup Forums see the current state of comics, flash back to their childhoods, and get worked up into an autistic rage.

Steve Ditko is super right-wing Ayn Rand crazy, so he drew Spider-Man yelling at hippie protesters to get haircuts and jobs. Stan Lee changed it to Spidey cheering them on before it was published. Instead of realizing that Marvel's always been left-leaning you'll see this as more jews fucking with "real white people" or some shit.

Didn't GitS flop hard?

Spider-man goods and apparel

I don't see the Jews asking for media representation in Germany.

Comic book fans are fans of characters. Those characters getting fucked over for diversity points, surprisingly, doesn't sit well with them
Sup Forums can like black characters (Static Shock) without like legacy token-characters (Miles). Not everything's about your boogeyman, fag

>How is Marvel Comics making any money?

Cancellation numbers are a lot like supers.
If everyone is [thing] then nobody is [thing].
And Marvel makes billions of movie dollars.

With Spider titles being that low in sales numbers?
Sheesh if the kids could see the state Pete is in.

Aren't those movie dollars going straight to Marvel Studio and Disney now?
Notice how I said Marvel Comics.

>Sup Forums can like black characters (Static Shock)
His name is Static you pleb

>Goliath
>Cloak
>Misty Knight
>Patriot
>Night Thrasher
>Monica Rambeau

Do take note that you had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to gather this list.

This may come as a bit of a shock but there are other places in the world than America.

>So what's going on with these threads is Sup Forums is sending insurgents to other boards to shitpost and spread their toxic ideas

Do you know what's worse than Sup Forums posters?
Faggots like you who use the Sup Forums boogeyman to double down on your own shit ideology.

I wish you'd both fuck off forever.

Miles should be the legacy version of Black Widow.

>Do take note that you had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to gather this list.

But they still exist, don't they?

Has any character been yellow-washed before? If not, I nominate Static Shock.

Disney doesn't care what the comics do right now simply because of the movies being so successful. They'll funnel in some money into the comics because one average Marvel movie makes their investments into Marvel Comics back a few hours after release.

If the movies magically stopped making money, they'd start going over all of their Marvel assets with a fine toothed comb.

Psylocke
X-23
Ned Leeds in that new Spider-man movie

Pete's at over 200k
Other spider-people are low

Cloak's not bottom of the barrel
Misty Knight is pretty obscure though

>Cloak
>Bottom of the barrel
>Misty
>Bottom of the barrel
>Goliath
>Bottom of the barrel

I want casuals to leave.

Miles didn't replace Peter. In this universe Peter has gotten busy with enough things that he doesn't have time for many of his old spider hijinks and he's outgrown a lot of it. He's off teaching a class of x-men and pretending to know how to run a corporation like Tony Stark.

You might as well complain that Spidergirl replaced Peter in her universe. It makes no sense because it's a universe where Peter was forced to retire when he lost his leg, but his daughter eventually takes after him.

OP is a faggot from Sup Forums trying to bait. He doesn't even read the comics.

Hm let's go.

OC Tier
1.) T'Challa (Black Panther)
2.) Eric Brooks (Blade)
3.) Carl Lucas (Luke Cage / Power Man)
4.) Tyrone Johnson (Cloak)
5.) Sam Wilson (Falcon / Captain America)
6.) Misty Knight
7.) Jericho Drumm (Brother Voodoo / Dr. Voodoo)
8.) Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher I)
9.) Donyell Taylor (Bandit / Night Thrasher II)

Grist for the X-Mill Tier
10.) Ororo Munroe (Storm)
11.) Roberto DaCosta (Sunspot)
12.) Stevie Hunter
13.) Joanna Cargill (Frenzy)
14.) Gateway
15.) Lucas Bishop (Bishop)
16.) Cecelia Reyes
17.) Everett Thomas (Synch)
18.) Roxanne Washington (Bling!)
19.) Nezhno Abidemi (Gentle)
20.) Idie Okonkwo (Oya)
21.) Christopher Muse (Triage)

Debatably Legacy Tier
22.) Jim Rhodes (War Machine)
23.) Michael Collins (Deathlok)
24.) Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel / Photon / Pulsar / Spectrum)
25.) Bill Foster (Black Goliath)
26.) Elijah Bradley (Patriot)

Shit Tier
27.) Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
28.) Marcus Johnson (Nick Fury Jr.)

>Misty Knight is pretty obscure though

Not really.
She appeares in the Luke Cage Netflix series, and she's going to appear in both The Defenders and Iron Fist.

They've been using her on and off over the last decade too.

Not buying it.

faggots like you always bitch about some tumblr and SJW invasion every time every time someone doesn't buckle down and accept Sup Forums bullshit and hate things for retarded reasons, like OP here.

You can say it's a bogeyman all you want, but we get enough bullshit Sup Forums bait threads like this to know better.

He never said that.

>pretending to know how to run a corporation like Tony Stark.
He's actually is running his corporation like Tony Stark. Tony Stark tends to be a shit businessman and tends to put the company in jeopardy a lot of times. It usually gets handwaved in the next run.

>ITT: Causal Sup Forumstards pretend to not know what balckwashing is

Miles is an OC. He is not a blackwashed character. Sage report these threads.

>he wants to be THE spider man

Nice try casual. He never said he wanted to be THE Spider Man and replace Peter. He wants to be Spider Man. A Spider Man just like Miguel(and I bet you dont know who he is without googling it). Not the Black Spider Man

Whitewashing never happens in superhero movies.

Ancient One they changed to avoid upsetting the Chinese market over Tibet.

Now look at Heimdall, Hogun, Nick Fury, Valkyrie, Flash Thompson, "MJ", Hispanic Sue Storm in the old FF, black Johnny Storm in the new FF, Perry White, Kingpin in the DD movie, etc.

>Cucks will say racism because not having enough of a demographic that's not know for buying comics "included" is just "wrong and unfair
Plenty of black people (used to) buy comics.
Then they started turning the characters they liked into women, faggots, or something equally stupid.