Disney Film Studio earnings $250m under expectations

>Parks and resorts were a bright spot during the first quarter. The segment brought in $5.15 billion in revenue, besting a StreetAccount consensus estimate of $4.86 billion.

>But Disney's other businesses reported revenue that fell short of Wall Street projections. Here's how much each segment brought in compared with what analysts projected, according to StreetAccount consensus estimates:

>Media and networks: $6.24 billion vs. $6.35 billion expected
>Parks and resorts: $5.15 billion vs. $4.86 billion expected
>Studio: $2.50 billion vs. $2.75 billion expected
>Consumer and interactive: $1.45 billion vs. $1.52 billion
>cnbc.com/2018/02/06/disney-earnings-q1-2018.html

>Studio: $2.50 billion vs. $2.75 billion expected

mfw

We are braking the conditioning.

And shills will still claim that TLJ didnt underperform

>parks
>5 billion
America was a mistake

oh nooo wondering why? maybe coz they push stupid propaganda more and more?

>Every other movie was a box office success
>still 250 million short

It really was TLJ, there's no defending

TLJ flopped, not two ways around it

C-CELLS

*finishes chewing food*
*swallows*
*wipes mouth*
*takes sip of water*
*loosens tie*
*takes off glasses*
*clears throat*
*inhales deeply*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There is one in europe too and every fucking shitty kid goes there.
I have to thank my parents every day that they told me to fuck off when I asked as a kid. They preferred to show me the seas, the nature or a book.

>>Media and networks: $6.24 billion
>>Studio: $2.50 billion
Sometimes I forget how irrelevant this industry is

europe, asia, la and florida (a bunch just hotels and beach resorts), a cruise (maybe two) that leads to an island resort. Shit's not just here, it's here and everywhere.

not to mention disney world is like america's vatican in florida.

no no no noooo user, you just underestimate how much money is in sports and kiddie shows. they have easily 100 channels on cable, a bunch of them ESPNs, and a big three network that broadcasts major sporting events, nightly news, a morning show and syndicated shows.

>not to mention disney world is like america's vatican in florida.

I thought ESPN was a sinking ship bleeding audience year in year out

I simply meant that it is essentially sovereign. I'm not a fan of seeing it posted but go back to Sup Forums ya faggot.

astroturfing and shit posting by shills and idiots like you is why disney can get away with claiming there's a racist hoax against them.

THEY'RE TURNING THE NERDS GAY

>They preferred to show me the seas, the nature or a book.
Cringe.

Call me a cock sucking faggot shill but I love going to Disney World and try to go every year. Getting drunk in Epcot is great. I avoid going in the summer though because it's a fucking swampy congregation of way too many fucking people. I also avoid anything related to Star Wars because of all the children and manchildren.

Hopefully that means that Kennedy is out. And so are these guys.

fuck that image is great

I got a bad feeling...

The problem with doing a TV series, and a movie every year, is that it devalues the brand. Star Wars should be like Christmas we should get a new movie or TV series every year. They should do a trilogy every ten to fifteen years and each episode should be two to three years apart. Maybe sprinkling a one-shot movie or mini series in-between to tide us over. Between each movie there should be a bunch of comics, books, games, action figures an anime movies to tide the hardcore fans over.

Disney is flying to close to the Sun
Can't wait for them to burn

It's like not that hard. Whoever is running Lucas Arts and Disney marketing division is an idiot. Seriously, are there no Star Wars fans at Lucas Arts or Disney? You don't need to focus group testing to figure this stuff out.

>currently vacationing in Britain
>nearly everyone in tourism is a massive wang protected by their labor laws from the agony of having to be nice to a paying customer
Germany and basically the rest of Europe are fine, but Jesus, Britain, get your shit together. You're making it hard to diss America

Go back to your Totinos pizza rolls and reruns of 90 Day Visa Wedding

Those Star Wars fans were sexist straight white males and needed to be fired.

>We have always been at war with Fox.
>the news reports that production of blockbuster franchises has hit record highs even while half of the fanbase revolts and the other half stays home and doesn't attend the parades
>Drumpf is still out there. We regularly see his bleating, orange face on our Two Minutes' Triggering every day. It drives us all to heights of rage and pain, sends us howling down the streets for a conservative, a male, anything to quell the fear of what comes after the money runs out
>we have been working on a massive new project, one combining the Ministry of Journalism, the Ministry of Tolerance, and the Ministry of Equality. They say it will be finished before Christmas and generate millions of dollars in nerd taxes from the obedient manchildren that form the fiscal backbone of our great Mission. It will rebuild the foundations of the evil old order that preceded us, making it safe and correct for generations to come...
>Suddenly new reports: the great project, our national pride and joy, has been sabotaged by agents of Drumpf! It has been revealed that agents of Drumpf's within the nerd underclass conspired to undermine the user rating of our project and destroy its word of mouth in China, before fleeing with precious weekend-to-weekend box office figures to Drumpf's stronghold...at Warner Brothers!
>to arms, comrades! We have begun stockpiling hashtags and blogposts, practicing outrage drills in every town square, in preparation for our impending and inevitable war with Warner Brothers.
>we have always been at war with Warner Brothers.

>the company only made 15.5 billion instead of 15.75 billion

jesus christ. pack it in. disney is finished.

In fact BATB did MASSIVELY more than they thought it was going to, it was fucking gangbusters way beyond any of their other live-action-adaptation works.

TLJ was SO FUCKING BAD that it gimped a headstart like that.

Keep up

HAHAHAH this retards are going to destroy Star Wars... way a minute you can't destroy what is already dead.

And now you're here

ok this is extremely racist

mods=gods

I hate it when people say that because I think there were/are a lot of girl Star Wars fans, but the stereotype of ST fan is a skinny white guy. Star Wars is universal everyone liked it not just white males and it isn't just white males who are bad at what is happening to the franchise.

not just the last jedi, Cars 3 also flopped

The parks are the best part of Disney. Also:
>length of stay pass to parks: 500$
>one movie ticket: 10$
Let's assume you go to Disney once every three years with your family of four (not outrageous if you're in the normie Disney ecosystem). That gives them 2000$ in ticket sales. The you factor in the hotel cost and the dining and you're at 4000$ per three years. To get that same return from movies you'd have to get 400 people to see your movies in the same three years. It's a lot easier to get a family of four to go to Disney World than it is to get 400 people to go to a movie.

>it isn't just white males who are bad at what is happening to the franchise.

agreed

OH NONONONO