This is what the creator of Rocko's Modern Life is now working on

>this is what the creator of Rocko's Modern Life is now working on

pbs.org/about/blogs/news/pbs-kids-announces-new-series-luna-around-the-world-premiering-fall-2018/

>LUNA AROUND THE WORLD follows the adventures of three friends – Leo, a wombat from Australia; Carmen, a butterfly from Mexico; and Andy, a frog from the U.S. – as they traverse the globe with their parents’ traveling performance troupe, “Circo Fabuloso.” At each of the Circo’s stops, Luna the moon guides the trio as they experience the local language, music and daily life. The gang’s adventures take them across continents – from London to Cairo to Beijing – where they explore the food, architecture and other features that make each region unique.

>“LUNA AROUND THE WORLD is designed to ignite kids’ curiosity about the world and inspire them to learn about the many different cultures that call it home,” said series creator Joe Murray. “Through this show, my goal is to give all children the opportunity to explore cultures other than their own, and to learn about the similarities that unite all of us – through challenges that kids can relate to, with the universal language of laughter woven into each story.”

Thoughts?

I don't see an issue, looks nice.

I wouldn't mind making a PBS-tier show one day, they're just comfy, if generic.

This seems like a really fun and educational kid's program. Sounds good.

Agreed on both accounts.

>Rocko the Wallaby
>Edward the Platypus
>Leo the Wombat

What is it with this guy and Australian mammals?

They're cool.

D-does this mean no Rocko reboot?

cute

We'll get the movie, yeah, but probably not a full-blown series.

Looks cute and it's from a creator I certainly trust. Honestly, the closest thing to a 'negative' is that it's going to air on PBS and really that's just on me and my preconceived notions of PBS cartoons and that cartoons are for fun not learning but, the old trojan horse of 'make learning fun' is actually a realistic prospect with a guy like Murray. Watching a cartoon on PBS will be the most awkward cartoon watching decision I've made since I told myself "Hey Lauren Faust is in charge of that new Pony show. Maybe I should give it a try?"

I can't wait!

Here's hoping Joe Murray doesn't have to deal with other unfortunate life issues while doing this series. The guy can't catch a break. First wife committing suicide while he was working on Rocko, and second wife divorcing him while he worked on Camp Lazlo.

Is he cursed or just a bad husband when working

>make learning fun

It can be done right.

Please let Carlos Alazraqui voice Leo and complete the trilogy.

Dat moon is cute. Imagine getting by her gravity. When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore.

His designs work well for any age show.

I'm surprised there was no Pepe comments. Didn't he have a show about a frog when he tried to create an online network?

I'm pretty damn sure andy was the name of another one of the characters from boy's club

It must be his fetish.

I've heard that it might be a full series if the reboot is successful enough, but we all know how easily hopes and dreams are crushed by the world.

How amusing that the head of programming at PBS Kids was the Head of Programming for Nickelodeon back when Rocko's Modern Life was on

Good to see he's getting work!

Murray himself said "for now" when it came to there just being a movie. I guess it depends on how much he's gonna be overseeing these shows as a producer.

I'm not going to doubt his capability to write for little kids.

Jim Jinkins (creator of Doug) also went on to make a show for little kids as well.

I want to fuck the moon.

If the frog is from the US why does it wear a beret

he made a lot of kids shows
>JoJo's Circus
>PB&J Otter
>Stanley

this looks alright. I sure as hell won't have time to keep up with PBS programing, but I'm sure murray will do a good job

Leo's design: would-buy-a-soft-toy-of-it/10.

Soft to with a hole?

Didn't know that. The clowns in that show seemed eerie

For a second I thought you were talking about Murray with all those other shows. Kinda surprised the guy who made Doug has done so much.

Can't people just want to hug a soft plushie as they go to sleep?

And can't there be a decent Rocko one out there?

Arthur isn't a bad show to wet your appitite. Teaches some good morales and has a generally friendly atmosphere. Cyberchase also makes mathematics interesting by taking the characters through a grand adventure that usually revolves around a singular mathematical concept. Those are the only two I can remember tho. Haven't watched PBS in forever.

Looks promising, and I really like the concept. I hope it catches on!

>his wife is discovered to have a shit eating fetish

PBS Kids stuff is about the most tolerable and watchable "keeps them from destroying the house while you have time to sit down" creative content that exists.

Unlike Caillou, that little motherfucker.

Finally quality programming for kids.
I support this.

Wishbone made reading fun, mr rogers made imagination awesome, magic schoolbus made science cool, cyberchase made math tolerable, reading rainbow made learning awesome, arthur made morals stand out. zoom was just plain old fun experimenta, skits, etc. Between the lions made grammar and phonics easier to understand. Am I forgetting any?

oh and zaboomafoo made nature interesting

PBS has some of the most addictive kids shows ever. I remember high school everyone confessed to still watching Arthur. I went to a majority black/hispanic highschool so the prominence of Arthur on black twitter doesn't surprise me.

I'm surprised they didnt watch maya and miguel.

Dinosaur Train made exploring the different eras and climates as you learn how various prehistoric species lived.

And no carnivores ate any sapient creatures unless they were already dead.

"Fun." It made doing that fun.

>Unlike Caillou, that little motherfucker.
But Caillou is part of PBS Kids, or at least it was up to about 2010. I'm not sure if it's still going.

Maybe he just really likes them? Or it's just a single part of an episode?

cancelled. That is the worst Show you can let your kids watch. it teaches them to whine like little turds until they get what they want.

This, holy shit

I'd be shocked if Carlos, Tom Kenny or Doug Lawrence aren't in it.

>promoting australian flora and fauna
Disgusting, race traitors like him should be hanged and shot
A support for australian wildlife is a support against mankind

Oh, yes, and the 47 gazillion* episodes of Curious George that managed to be mostly entertaining throughout its run.

*Okay. it's only 218 episodes, but it still was a good run - and any show with a Dr. John opening theme song gets a thumbs-up in my book.

I'M A WILD PIG

Only the eternal emu and its insatiable lust for dominion over the world is an enemy

It that a cartoon about a fucking moon?

I can't remember if Camp Lazlo was legit good or if it just seemed good because that was a dark, dark age for CN and it was the only show I'd actually enjoy watching most days on that channel

It was legit good.

It was so-so. Wasn't great, but got a lot of backlash for not being Rocko.

Nice, love Murray's stuff and it seems he's still as passionate as ever about cartoons.

It's genuinely good and I feel I liked the characters more from that show than Rocko. A lot of the criticism seems to just be "not muh Rocko"

It wasn't really part of that "dark age of CN" though. That was more 2008-pre AT 2010. CL ended right around 08.

I wanna fuck that celestial body.