Isn't this a bit pointless now that we know Sam Wilson is going back to being Falcon and Steve staying as Captain...

Isn't this a bit pointless now that we know Sam Wilson is going back to being Falcon and Steve staying as Captain America after Secret Empire?

It's kinda hard to go "Aww Yeah!" when we know he's going to be demoted.

Other urls found in this thread:

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jan/06/congress-blocked-obama-call-gun-control-mass-shoot/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Going back to his actual heroic identity is hardly a demotion. Really, it's only since he took over as Captain America that I've seen people treating Sam like he was Steve's sidekick. Sam was his own man as the Falcon, as Cap he just stands in Steve's shadow.

Sam should have been the main protagonist of Secret Empire from the beginning.

>Going back to his actual heroic identity is hardly a demotion
It's a HUGE demotion. They can try painting him breaking Cap's shield as ""badass"" all they want. But they pushed Sam as A-lister Captain America as a huge moment. Just like Jane Foster as Thor, the difference being that Jane Foster was actually popular and sold well.

Spencer killed Captain Falcon's success.

Bucky should have stayed as Cap

People will never trust cap again tho

>Steve staying as Captain America after Secret Empire?

I missed that announcement. So he's not gonna get cube'd back to normal, just repentent?

who was in charge of this awful costume

Makes sense. Only white men are altruistic enough to represent all Americans. See when we had Obama as president. He only represented black people and told them to riot and burn their cities after black guys were shot 100% legally in self defense

How does that phrase indicate that he's not going to get cubed?

>Spencer killed Captain Falcon's success.
Can't kill what's DOA, it was a terrible idea and never should have happened in the first place.

I'm far more interested in what Maker's doing than what's going to happen to Steve.
Bigger shit than this has been reversed completely in 616.

That's fucking bullshit, if anyone deserved the shield that wasn't Bucky, it was Sam.

This

>Isn't this a bit pointless
Yep. Having the diversity push crash and burn fucked marvels long term plans for post secret empire. So everything that was going to stick has been walked back or downplayed to the point of making the whole event even more useless than usual. Which is saying something.
>I missed that announcement. So he's not gonna get cube'd back to normal, just repentent?
I'm on my phone so I don't have the quote but yeah, "wandering america, trying to reconnect with the people." Think 'white guilt' meets movie synergy. It's going to be bad.

The sad thing is there are so many people that actually think this.

It was the only good idea marvel's had in years and they fucked it up so hard.
Twenty issues dealing with race? Sometimes you just wanna see a nigga punch dragons in space.

Because it is true. I never once felt as though Obama had my best interests at heart or cared about me at all

>if anyone deserved the shield that wasn't Bucky, it was Sam.
That's just it though. You don't NEED to take up the shield at all. If you want to honor a hero, honor them. You don't have to assume their identity. The only purpose legacy heroes serve is for cheap sales.

Good how? It's just another bullshit legacy hero, and completely misses the mark Bucky cap went for. There's been better legacies and better characters in recent years than this thing.

Even Bucky Cap failed because writers didn't respect him. Why would it be any different for Samcap? If they weren't gonna go full "cap is an ideal" then they should've just stopped it there.

Why though? Why not continue to be Falcon, or take up the cpa mantle in full? Instead we got this radically different half measure abomination that they had to constantly tell us how wonderful he was.

>That had to constantly tell us how wonderful he was
I don't remember that at all.
In fact, I distinctly remember Sam shitting on himself at every opportunity because he feels he's not living up to Steve's legacy.

>I never once felt as though Obama had my best interests at heart or cared about me at all
Since you felt that way it must mean it's true!
Idiot.

It really isn't. Don't be delusional mate.

That and the fact he wanted to ban guns, increase my taxes, give free stuff to black people for being black, literally told people justice should be done to 2 completely 100% innocent men because they shot black criminals in self defense

Do you really think some out of touch old white dude gave half a shit about you?

And everyone else was telling Sam "nope man you is a kang an sheeyit" or "you betta dan dat cracka."

Samcap is the only legacy character that made sense. Sam and Cap have been total Bros for thirty years. Everytime some one called cap a racist or Sam a house nigger they always had each others back. Whenever Cap had to split the Avengers Sam always got command of team two. Whenever Cap would do his 'fuck you government shills I'm out' arc Sam was the guy who fed him intel from the inside. Sam being the guy Cap throws the shield to makes perfect sense.
And if you're trying to push 'diversity' or make a statement about racism being fucking stupid then Samcaps the way to do it. You do it by having Samcap go out and do the same shit he's done for decades just wearing a different costume. But that's not really what marvel wants, they want to get in the news and generate buzz and get those delicious clicks. So Samcap ends up spending twenty issues tweeting a guy about being racist. It was a great idea Marvel ran right into the ground.
TL;DR I know Sup Forums doesn't read comics but damn Marvel I thought you would.

>Just like Jane Foster as Thor, the difference being that Jane Foster was actually popular and sold well.

thats debatable

I had no problem with FalCap until Spencer got him and turned him from "Sam Wilson as Captain America" to "HERE'S MY LIBERAL MOUTHPIECE, STFU REPUBLICUNTS".

He never got a real chance like Bucky did as Cap.

Yea, they are pro guns and anti taxes

>he wanted to ban guns
[citation needed]
>increase my taxes
Are you some sort of leech that wants to benefit from the government without paying your fare share? Taxes aren't fun, but they're necessary.
>give free stuff to black people for being black
[citation needed]
>literally told people justice should be done to 2 completely 100% innocent men because they shot black criminals in self defense
Which two people? Also, justice doesn't mean what you think it means.

Are you even American?

Born and raised.

He has said he wants an australia style gun confiscation and has gone on TV and said he wants to ban private sales, have a extra judicial list that bans people from getting guns, wrote an EO banning old people from having guns, and called for bans of standard capacity magazines and ergonomic features in popular semi automatic rifles

>Are you some sort of leech that wants to benefit from the government without paying your fare share? Taxes aren't fun, but they're necessary.

literally 95% of the budget is just people stealing money. Government constantly embezzles money.

>Which two people? Also, justice doesn't mean what you think it means.

Zimmerman and Officer Wilson. Both were found innocent and he said we still needed justice to be done to them

>>he wanted to ban guns
>[citation needed]
This was a big thing later in his career where he was trying to nickle and dime guns to death. He banned automatic weapons and was getting maximum magazine sizes reduced.

>And if you're trying to push 'diversity' or make a statement about racism being fucking stupid then Samcaps the way to do it. You do it by having Samcap go out and do the same shit he's done for decades just wearing a different costume.
Yeah, he didn't do any of that, in the nick Spencer penned work he's introduced to the new halcon, who is an illegal mexican immigrant who helps other mexicans come here illegally and it's painted as a good thing. Then they fight a band of SJW's who kill people and he says, and I quote "their methods were wrong but they had the right message" which was batshit insane.

Then whever he shows up in another book it's always
>"oh wow THE REAL CAPTAIN AMERICA? Did we tell you he's the real one and not fake?? Who's Steve Rogers? lol!"

When you put it that way, it's another decent idea appropriated by a bunch of cunts who don't understand the character, very much in the same vein as laura. Who I was equally mad about because she had her own identity and managed to stay that way for a decade plus and it seemed like a slight to her character, like saying she wasn't good enough on her own.

I already told you to cite your sources.
That's not citing your sources either.

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jan/06/congress-blocked-obama-call-gun-control-mass-shoot/

Kys you disingenuous faggot

>I already told you to cite your sources.
>lists the zimmerman case
>something that is widely publicized and well known
>doesn't think politicians embezzle funds like crazy
>needs citation when there's shit like Michael Grimm happening on the reg

Do you just plug your ears and cream LA LA LA when someone tells you facts that you don't like? Are you that much of a lazy faggot that you take a smug highground when someone doesn't want to spoonfeed your lousy ass?

How's that a ban?

Ah, so he didn't ban automatic weapons.

You typing shit on the internet is not citing your sources. Show me a news clip, press briefing or something where he said any of that.

Ha ha ha ha what the fuck am I even reading here?

He attempted to. He even cried on TV. Also not automatic weapons you retard, those are already NFA. He wanted a ban on semi automatic weapons

He can't.

While there are some liberals who want to ban guns, President Obama's position was expanded background checks, enforcing background checks at gun shows (not private person-to-person sales, btw) and that's about it.

Most of the other things the misinformed get triggered over (assault rifle ban, magazine size) were all floated by senators or congressmen.

Oh, and Obama didn't really say much about gun control until Sandy Hook happened.

But you know...he's black and my uncle told me Donald Trump will make America great again so facts don't matter, only my feelings.

>He cried on TV

This. Read the constitution, fags. If the President cries, that makes anything he says a new law.

Anyone who says they want any gun control at all deserves to be kicked out of office and never elected again

>eliminate the first amendment so that I don't hear things I don't want to hear

Okay then.

A bunch of kids getting killed in a school by a nutjob is a perfectly good reason to cry.

Although judging by your posts, you probably think that Sandy Hook was a false flag operation to take your guns.

Well, at least you didn't exaggerate or anything...

>it is totally ok to leave someone who wants to strip people of their basic human rights in office

>implying it wasn't
Australia had a state run mass shooting to ban guns

This is why a liberal cap has a massive disconnect. Because it is just some NY/LA writer telling the rest of the country to kill themselves

yeah but people will hate cap until they retcon this

Good, Captain #BlackLivesMatter was shit. He deserves to be demoted to bitch Falcon again.

Spencer clearly wanted to sink Steve to raise Sam. It's clear what the original plan was.

But the problem was readers realized what Spencer was doing instantly; basically all the bad or morally compromised characters in Secret Empire are almost all Silver Age.