Why do so many people want a Sinister Six Spidey movie? Six villains sounds waaaaaaay too many...

Why do so many people want a Sinister Six Spidey movie? Six villains sounds waaaaaaay too many, they'd barely get any characterization.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5RgR0-EWuNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who wants that besides Sony executives?

Because originally the idea was that Raimi would introduce one or two per film.
>Doc Ock hinted at surviving in SM3
>Sandman never actually got arrested
>Vulture in the fourth movie along with Mysterio.
The only way it would work is if they brought Raimi back to continue his series.

You always wonder why sinister six is so incompetent.

Nah the interactions between the villains would be great. Think Vulture and the proto-Shocker in Homecoming.

YO SIX FUCKING VILLAINS THID WILL BE EPIC! GOING ALL OUT! HYPE!

>Doc Ock hinted at surviving in SM3
When did this happen?

I can't see Alfred Molina's Doc Oct as leader of the sinister six.

Most of them are not very complex characters. Bad guy gets/invents powers and becomes an even worse guy describes pretty much all of the original Sinister Six except Kraven

>TFW there will never be a comedy heist film about the Superior Foes of Spider-man

When it was still "Amazing" I believe the original plan was to Suicide Squad it.

Pic related is what Jonah looks like. Also, it's basic storytelling in cape fiction. If we don't see the death on screen then it's almost guaranteed they didn't die.

Jonah's office looks like in Spider-Man 3*

but he sank into the water and looked all drowned

i know this because i drowned another kid when i was 6

RAIMI IS A HACK

ALL THREE SPIDERMAN MOVIES HAVE THE SAME DAMN RECYCLED PLOT.

ALSO LIZARD WASN'T GOING TO BE IN THE FOUTH MOVIE EVEN THOUGH HE SPENT TWO AND THREE SETTING HIM UP.

PRAISE VENOM

DEATH TO THE SPIDER MEN.

...wait a minute, did they black face Jon Favreau? Holy shit, Raimi

I wanted a Superior Foes movie.

That's just an older paper he hangs up as a momento. It was probably a best seller.

what I liked about homecoming was the way that it set up Spiderman gallery outside of the big 3 as actually threatining.

Especially scorpion

Who in the comics jobs to aunt may in the seventies

And once had a dog thrown into his eye.

Well, you could easily introduce two or even three of them in one movie. There are plenty of movies with three or more villains, and not EVERY member of the Six has to be a criminal mastermind with tons of depth - guys like Gargan and Shocker are basically just short-sighted superpowered mooks.

>Homecoming introduces Vulture and Shocker, sets up Scorpion
>next Spidey movie has Gargan as a mini-villain and Green Goblin as the big bad guy, sets up Doc Ock
>third movie has Octavius and someone else, maybe Sandman
>fourth flick has Osborn bringing them all together to fuck up Spidey. Vulture fully redeems himself at the end

>Especially scorpion
>Who in the comics jobs to aunt may in the seventies
Wew, I thought Chameleon was bad! He got beat up by MJ and tricked by Anut May.

Homecoming had 6 villains though
>Vulture
>Montana
>Shocker
>Thinker
>Scorpion
>Miles' uncle

>>Thinker
Tinkerer.
Thinker is a Flash villain. And the Mad Thinker is a Fantastic Four villain.

Except he didn't. It was very obvious Raimi was going to have him wash up somewhere and start forming the team.

Whoops, that was a mistype there, thank you for correcting me, but still, Homecoming had 6 of spider's rogues. Honestly I think it would a neat little reoccurring gag that in each Spider-Man movie based in the mcu six of his villains would be featured without ever actually doing a big Sinister Six event. Spidey has enough to do this plenty of times over.

So which shocker was supposed to be Herman in homecoming?

On that note can anyone post the "highlights" of max Landrieu terrible shocker fan fiction?

I really hope that if they do bring back Shocker, he'll have a mask and a second shocker gauntlet in his next appearance.

Homecoming already introduced like four of them.

Why are you lying, man.

>So which shocker was supposed to be Herman in homecoming?

The black guy.

No, he wasn't. Raimi never really cared about the Sinister Six and had no plans for them.

>Montana
Dead
>Tinkerer
Probably/hopefully not one of the six, don't mind if he helps them though
>Prowler
Really hope he's not one of the six, and he probably won't be.

It'd make a better video game to be honest.

We man that's pretty bad. What about the spot? POTENTIAL LLy the most powerful Spiderman villain of all time. Usually ducks homes up before spider gets involved.

>Really hope he's not one of the six, and he probably won't be.

Why? I mean his original origin is him covering peter parker ass.

I don't have a problem with Tinkerer being one of the six. They could give him a Spider Slayer inspired robot to use. That's four perfectly suitable villains already established. Set up two more side villains in the second movie and you could bring them all together for Sinister Six in the third one.
Before Homecoming I never would have thought they could establish them all enough to do them justice, but they've already built it up so well I couldn't imagine them doing anything else. I'll be disappointed if they don't do the Six.

>Six villains sounds waaaaaaay too many, they'd barely get any characterization.
It would be entirely possible to fit a comic-perfect adaptation of Mysterio, Vulture, Doc Ock, Electro, Kraven, and Sandman into a 2 hour long film; but you'd have to cut out the MCU memes and shift focus to the villains.

And last I checked, most of Spidey's villains got the best characterization through fights. Their origin stories were only a minute of exposition.

I don't, and the only people who do all sound the same and have such bullshit reasons.

I can see why they'd THINK it'd work. I mean, a movie about villains in vain of a group dynamic like Suicide Squad sounds nice on paper...but Suicide Squad sucked despite making bank. Then again, SONY doesn't care about what people really want, but rather if they're numbers reflect what they "Rationalize" as people wanting.

There's a repeating theme here, and SONY needs to wake up. I don't want a Sinister Six movie yet. It shouldn't be made so soon. Cancelling Spider-Man 4 was a mistake. Spider-Man 3 being meddled with was a mistake. Amazing Spdier-Man was trying to emulate the Dark Knight when the Avengers was bringing back "light" to cape films, and as a result they tried I desperately match that tone in it's sequel whilst trying to set up a universe to compete with the Avengers. I'll give them, this, though: they didn't have the most creative control as Marvel did on Homecoming, but they're marketing (which you can tell they spent a lot on due to not needing to worry about financing the majority of the film's budget) was still cringe-worthy. Marvel, though, did have the ideas in Homecoming. It was just a bad pairing for both, and you just know they're thinking they could have made so much more, especially greedy ol' SONY with their outlandish projections.

So, after a lukewarm and not-as-sucessful Spidey film, does it really make sense that a bunch of people would be clamoring for a "Black and Silver" or "Sinister Six" film? No. It doesn't. In fact, the idea of "Venom" alone is enough to turn me off from this franchise. It's clear what's going on; SONY is not wising up. Do yourselves a favor and don't watch their or Marve's films. Same goes to DC as well, because they're going to either start emulating Marvel or continue at the awkward pace they're going. Justice League will likely make bank, but it will receive hate.

Cape films are about to enter a dark era.

Considering what Sony has planned, Homecoming needs as many villains as they can get.

I don't know much about Aaron's Prowler, but I love Hobie. My feeling was that they were going to mix the two characters considering pretty much everything else in the movie taking from both universes. With that said, if he is anything like Hobie, I hope that he isn't part of the S6 because I'd like for him to have a redemption arc like Hobie did, and on top of that Spidey never really did anything too out of the way to him in Homecoming. Certainly not enough to make him want to join a collective whose entire purpose is to kill Spider-Man.

Spider Slayers wouldn't be a horrible idea for him actually. I'd like to see the S6 eventually as well though, the first ASM annual is one of my favorite classic Spidey issues.

>Shocker
>Vulture
>Scorpion*

With tinkerer, who would be the other two? They are strained at villains as it is thanks to Sony's spider-verse, which is why I'm hoping Venom bombs and they don't want to retread either.

Why would he? Ock had come to his senses. Even if he survived, he has no motivation to continue being a villain.

>especially Scorpion

It made Shocker and Vulture look threatening, but Scorpion was played by the biggest fuccboi I've ever seen in a superhero movie, and that's saying something when Ezra Miller is the Flash.

Stinky hat

O-oh yeah? W-well, y-you're a...a...a big meanie!

But in all seriousness, you know I'm right.

Thanos and The Collector

I disagree highly to be honest

Cancelling Spider-Man 4 was on the right track, hell I don't even think 3 would have been a good movie without meddling and I don't even like the first two.

Black/Silver is a fucking terrible idea and even though I'm a giant Venom fan, I don't really want a Venom movie without Spider-Man. At least not with Sony doing it.

But a Sinister Six film is still a great idea for a Spider-Man film because most of his badguys are just dicks who get superpowers or gadgets and it's something we haven't really seen in a superhero movie since maybe Batman '66. Unless I'm forgetting some other superhero movie where the main character went up against a bunch of his villains all at once.

Not saying they should copy Suicide Squad or any heist movies, it should be a Spider-Man movie where he goes against them. None of those "begrudgingly working together" bullshit.

>Not saying they should copy Suicide Squad or any heist movies, it should be a Spider-Man movie where he goes against them. None of those "begrudgingly working together" bullshit.

I wish I could agree with you, but the likelihood is that what SONY wants to do is the exact opposite of what you want, and they have a reason why -- because they see a rise in "Team Movies". They think they have to have a team of their own to compete. They knew this. They thought "well the Avengers just came out, there's no doubt gonna be a Justice League since that Man of Steel movie looks like it'll be good, so we better hurry!" They want it to be cool. Trust me, you would not like it. The way they'd do it would be forced, made to appeal to a certain audience in the same way Suicide Squad was. It's them trying to make a move, not a movie.They'd get the characters wrong. And they'd want the begrudgingly working together cliche because "attitude" sells. And no, it would not make two billion unless they were planning to force it on the same level that WB forced Suicide Squad. Perhaps even moreso by the lengths they were willing to go to for Ghostbusters. It's safe to say SONY wanted to make the Sinister Six something marketable and trendy. You'd be disappointed. I'd love a Sinister Six film, but it's just not the right time, it won't be handled the right way, and it will surely suffer from the worst of our expectations.

Spider-Man 4 would have been the right way to go because it would END the Raimi series. SONY could then wait and when Marvel would inevitably knock on there door, they could wait and negotiate then. But they didn't. Instead, they wanted to chase trends, and look where it got them: another downward slope.

Spider-Man Homecoming may not be the flop we all want it to be, but it still shows that this franchise is not what it should have been, all because of the bad choices SONY has made.

It all. Comes down. To SONY.

>Why do so many people want a Sinister Six Spidey movie?
Sony wants one because they desperately need a successful franchise.

How about Vermin and Mysterio?

I got your Sinister Six right here
youtube.com/watch?v=5RgR0-EWuNY

>fourth flick has Osborn bringing them all together
You've already fucked up. The Sinister Six are Doc Ock's team. If it's not being led by Ock then it's not the Sinister Six, and GG has very rarely been part of the S6.

I think they would focus on them being a team rather than being individual villans like in the avengers. Also, the post movie scene in sph pretty much confirmed a sinister six movie

It would just be an avengers movie in reverse. You'd have to give them each solo movies to build up to it.

Those are some fucking rational post. I'm proud of you. You know your shit.

>we all

I enjoyed it, major improvement over as to what TASM was heading too. Though I'm not saying it's the best Spider-Man movie either. Sony is burning the candle at both ends with what they have planned.

>Venom
>Silver and Black
>Mysterio/Kraven movie*
>Miles animated movie
>Sinister Six*

I mean, do they not see the problem with these films? Specifically with Venom and Silver/Black. A certain specific character is missing in both.

You Raimi fags need to just let it go.

Have they cast Black Cat and Silver Sable yet?

No but I guarantee you neither will have the tits necessary for the role

I'd love Mysterio and I wish they could get Kraven but Sony is hogging him aren't they?

Yeah, apparently developing Kraven and Mysterio movies without Spider-man which is just bizarre.

Why is Sony bothering to make all of these bizarre spinoffs but not actually connect them to Spider-man?

They still want to be able to milk the Spider-man license without having to deal with Marvel Studios, so they're trying to get creative and using parts of it without using Spider-man himself.

I hadn't heard that they were doing that with Mysterio as well, very unfortunate. To make it worse, if they really do go through with all of this and then they inevitably bomb, Marvel won't even consider touching them because of their weird hangup on not reusing anything that's ever been shown in previous adaptations of their properties.

Except it's not true that Otto survives. The news paper was made in the scene that JJ gets the suit from the trash man.