Who was the better villain?

Who was the better villain?
Who would win if they fought each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nWNWA8vy4Fo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUtbZ48YbEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We've already had this thread.

Stark

I liked both but Lizard was better for comics accuracy minus not having a long lizard face.

Wasn't even close at all bro, they took away literally his defining factor as a character, his family.

More accurate that Damage Control Vulture

That doesn't make it at all accurate on its own though man.

Accurate doesn't always mean it's the best though

>Leaving Green Goblin out.

"OUT AM I!?"

>It's you who's out, gobby! Out of your fuckin' mind!

How did Raimi get away with this?

>me and you can rule this city spiderman or we can fight to the death

So are we going to get a third Goblin now?

Doubtful. I think they want to stay away from villains the previous movies used. Plus rushing to turn Harry into the Goblin was a big part of what brought down Amazin 2.

PG13 movies allow the word "fuck" once.

>tfw Norman "Green Ranger" Osborn was the least-shitty-looking Goblin

Is that a fact?

He never said fuck

The Vulture had the bald dome, green outfit, and collar dome of his comics form if we're going off of appearances. If we aren't then Lizard was far worse because they took away his family. And even if we weren't gauging them based off of accuracy, but rather did it based off of quality, the Vulture won because he had an ultimately more interesting character.

i'd still say lizard even though vulture could take him high up and drop that fucker.

Vulture no contest.

The lizard didn't have the long face in his first appearance. Casual detected.

>minus not having a long lizard face.

Happened in X-Men: First Class.

VULTURE, HANDS DOWN. Bonus points for
the Scorpion easter egg youtube.com/watch?v=nWNWA8vy4Fo

>Gargan is now a mexican drug lord
Yeah, no, bonus points my ass, firstly because of adaption liberties and secondly because it basically confirms we won't be seeing JJJ in the MCU so they reinvented the whole character.

>because it basically confirms we won't be seeing JJJ in the MCU
Considering the liberties taken already I'm sure you can do a Scorpion that has nothing to do with Jameson.

Though I'd rather they not do Jameson anyway just because no one can top Simmons.

POOR

Dude c'mon. Amazing had gone WAAAAAY too far regarding Peter Parker's portrayal and then on, basically did EVERYTHING Raimi did in his movies. I'm not sure about JJJ not being in the MCU tho. Why are you so sure?

"Peter, when I was your age, I fried so many slants they named a brand of rice after me!"

How'd they get this to theatres?

Or we can just eat cheetos!

If anything this is more Ultimate Scorpion, who was also a Mexican gangster and from what I remember also didn't have Jameson as part of his origin.

>ASM Lizard
>Accurate
he only looked like the lizard but none of the personal conflict came into play in the movie, hell did they even show his family?

PETAH

Vulture. Mostly because of how stupid the Lizard was in that movie.
>Learns Parker's identity through deductive reasoning rather than Peter dropping an old-all hell-camera with his name scribbled on it.
>Motivation makes more sense than "Boy, I really wish I had my arm back"
This loses some of it's merit when you see that he has one of those uber-modern houses that are like 90% glass. It's hard to say "Fuck the wealthy" when you made yourself pretty wealthy. I guess there's still an argument there because he had to sell illegal weapons, but the movie sort of covers that with the throw away Tony Stark line.
>Scheme was better than "I'll turn everyone into lizards"
It's not perfect, because eventually he'll get caught, but at least it made sense.
>Didn't sell out peter's identity, which I just thought was cool.

Unrelated, but do you think Connors is actively aware that he's basically running around in the buff? That had to be awkward the first couple times.

i really wanted to see this guy become the lizard

>This loses some of it's merit when you see that he has one of those uber-modern houses that are like 90% glass. It's hard to say "Fuck the wealthy" when you made yourself pretty wealthy
But that's kind of the point. He got stiffed by a rich asshole and decided he'd do whatever he had to in order to even the playing field and give his family a comfortable and luxurious life.

PAHRKAH
That makes sense. Maybe they were trying to do a whole "I've become the thing I hate" by having a villain who made a flight suit by selling weapons, making him a not-at-all subtle parallel to Stark. But it still feels kind of hypocritical.
Maybe there's some cut scenes that explore that angle?

I liked Vulture more but Lizard has such kissable lips...

Vulture > Lizard, but ASM > Homecoming

You kind of can in the Spider-man 3 Tie-in game.

I would be very okay with Ned becoming the hobgoblin because he became jealous on Peter with all the power and adoring fans that totally would F him if given the chance or some other dumb reason

>ASM > Homecoming

user you slut

Blue steel

H-hey guys...

That's not my image! HIROOOOOOOO

Just admit you want to fuck ASM Lizard user.

> Ned becoming the HobgoblIn?

More like Ned being used as pawn by the Hobgoblin against Peter.

KILL THAT WOMAN

More like Ned building a Hobgoblin-bot which he operates from his secret lair, as he is the chair guy himself.

Kraven and Mysterio.

They'll never do Kraven. He's not flashy enough.

>this
I was mad we didn't see the scene where he attacks his son and wife. He didn't even have a picture of them when Peter went to his house and after that scene we only see him in his lab or the sewers. It sucks because there were deleted scenes of him following his son around. But I guess that son went to live with Capt. Stacy for some reason.

Doesn't the Green Goblin have to be introduced first before the Hobgoblin becomes a thing?

>He's not flashy enough.
Yeah, and the Vulture by contrast was the new hotness. They could easily do Kraven as some Predator-esque cyber hunter character, he's unlikely to be some idiot in a vest and tights.

Yeah, but given this is an adaptation they can probably just ignore it and go straight to Hobgoblin. ASM2 cheated similarly by going straight to Harry as the Goblin with Norman never actually becoming the Green Goblin.

>ASM > Homecoming
great meme

What if they introduce Black Cat in Homecoming 2? Because I want my massive cat tits.

Not possible in today's market, Black Cat will be a Mexican dude

>Mysterio
Only if they use actual practical effects.

Already snatched by Sony for their Spideyverse.

They'd shoehorn Dr. Strange into it if Mysterio is the main villain.

>Dr. Strange in a Spider-Man movie
Do you want it to end in 2 seconds or what?
How the hell would Mysterio fool the sorcerer supreme let alone battle him?

No one cares about Best makeup anymore, sorry.

>Dr Strange glances at Mysterio, figures out he's just a normalfag with smoke effects and teleports away to fight Dormammu or something

I want to see Jason Momoa as Kraven, though it'll never happen since he's Aquaman

I know this would be poaching another hero's villains,
But I would totally watch a Spider-Man movie where Amora the Enchantress is cooking up some scheme in Midgard, and has created the Wrecking Crew to be her mortal muscle, and her plot runs afoul of Spidey.

>Lizard was better for comics accuracy
You'd rather have shitty old man Vulture?

I'd rather get Superior Foes shocker, but stoic nigga Shocker is already thing so fuck it.

Mamoa is visually interesting but dull as fuck as an actor. Pass.

With my scenario you'd get a super-hot sorceress, and a bunch of classic NY construction mooks with super-strength and enchanted weapons.

Could really set up some impressive battle scenes AND put Peter in some improbably magical situations.
He can't just keep fighting guys with flying wings and shit. Alternately Hydro Man and Sandman would work, but Sandman's been used and both are pretty much reskins of each other.

>MCU Scorpion is Ultimate Scorpion
Does that mean we're getting Ultimate Taskmaster as well?

I want Spider-Man to take on the Enforcers.

Vulture was by far a better villain as they completely missed everything that made the Lizard worth while. Hell if anything the Vulture had more of Lizards original backstory then the Lizard himself.

I also like how they insinuated that the Vulture had a military background. In addition to the bomber jacket/pilot helmet+mask combo, the "they make us fight their wars" line was enough to show he had some bitterness towards the government besides them ruining his business.

As a villain he had better motivation, a better scheme, a better look and a better resolution.

Fuck that.

Put the hammer on Darcy and make her catfight the Enchantress instead.

>Who was the better villain?
Vulture.

>Who would win if they fought each other?
Vulture. Aerial supremacy is way too much of an advantage.

Deleted scenes. It feels like a different movie after seeing them. m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUtbZ48YbEg

Y'know that might make this Spider-Man bearable if he had another MCU hero in his movies. Those were always the good episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man. It'd be the way for Marvel Disney to seperate their Spidey from Sony's. Like even Casuals can follow: if you don't see an actor from MCU in the trailers it's not a MCU movie.

The same series also dropped everything that ever made anyone give a shit about Harvey, Electro, and Rhino

Let's be fair, did anyone really give a shit about Rhino or Electro?

ASM1 Lizard completely botched the jekyl and hyde aspect that the first two Raimi films did so well. The actions of Norman's Goblin side and Doc Ock were tied to their motivations as human beings. Their alter egos were amplifications of their darker sides. Turning everybody into lizards is such a stupid idea for Conner's alter ego to have. There's such a major disconnect between the personalities. Turning his family into lizards kinda makes more sense but having any sort of conflict with his family is ruled out because they never even addressed them in the movie.

I saw some cool fan art that makes Kraven look more interesting using his hunter gimmick.

HE DOESNT WEAR THE LAB COAT HE NEEDS THE LAB COAT

As entertaining as Goblin was, I don't think he was very well done. That whole "I was like a father to you" bit at the end rings completely hollow seeing as how they only spoke to each other three times. I don't know if that was deliberate, but Peter's connection to Osborn was very minor.

>That whole "I was like a father to you" bit at the end rings completely hollow seeing as how they only spoke to each other three times
I think that was the point. He's only doing that to lull Peter long enough to kill him with the glider anyway, and the entire time Peter's just got this "wtf is this shit" look on his face.

ironfags btfo

SM > SM2 = HC > ASM > SM3 = ASM2

change both = to > and maybe switch 1 and 2.

I'm pretty sure even that one use is allowed only if it's used in certain contexts though.

he looked like fucking Delgo

PEEEE TAAAAH

Is there a list of characters that Sony AREN'T trying to hog up for their own shit? Seems like at this rate that'd be easier to compile than what they ARE using.

SM 2 was the first comic book movie I watched that felt "right," like the pacing was good, character's motives and actions were clear, the threat was threatening and original for the time. Otto was really good too desu.

>Turning everybody into lizards is such a stupid idea for Conner's alter ego to have.

That's the Lizard's endgame in half of his stories.

>But it still feels kind of hypocritical.

He's a villain. And he's still bitter about something that happened years ago, before he got rich.

At least he had a reason to keep going beyond "Fuck Stark". Aldrich Killian's entire fucking character is "Tony did a kinda mean thing to me one time long ago and even though I'm incredibly successful now, I'm going to destroy everything I've built and shoot my whole load all at once just to get that fuckin' guy" and yet there are people here who fucking swear Iron Man 3 isn't the pile of shit everyone says it is just because something something Fake Mandarin something something.

I could never be 100% satisfied with it because of that stupid "depression puts his powers on the fritz" subplot. Like...he couldn't just decide to quit of his own volition? Wouldn't that have both been more emotionally resonant AND actually consistent with how fucking his superpowers actually work?

If being fucking mopey could really turn off Pete's ability to stick to walls, then he should be fuckin' powerless for the entirety of all three of Raimi's movies.

Also I just like Dafoe too much to put 2 before 1.

I was okay with the nod to it

And it's why I love the Lizard!!! #SIDEKICKS

Vulture because he has the high ground