Ultimate Spider-Man Pt. 14

Having to start early because I'm going to be waking up super early tomorrow and moving the modem and router to the new place. They are going to be there between 8AM and 12PM. Fucking sucks. Prior threads are here.
ALso here's the third Ultimate Spider-Man Annual. It takes place right before this issue.
>Hope I did this right.

Glad you're starting early, OP. I have to duck out early too because the store I work at inventories on Wednesday and my boss asked me to come in at 5 tomorrow morning for some extra prep. Must have been out of my mind to agree.

You're demonstrating your dependability. They remember that, even if they never say it.

Thanks man. Trust me, they don't. I'm actively looking for a new job because all the dependability I've shown them in the last 4 years still isn't enough to stop me from getting blackballed without an interview every time I apply for a promotion nobody else wants.

For everyone in the thread, if you had the chance to write a Spider-Man comic, what villain or villains would you focus on to give them some more development? I would probably focus on Electro and I think I have a decent idea on how to tie what I would do with Electro with Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Well fuck that shit. Screw them over. That's fucking bullshit.

I'm actually in a similar position. I improved my work performance in every major area except for one (take forever to get assignments back) and they severely shafted my schedule for this semester. They said to my face that the university focuses on retention above all else. Screw the content of classes. Screw the availability of the professor. All they want is that grades are returned faster, meaning everything could be multiple choice (which is retarded) and they wouldn't give a rats ass as long as the grades get returned fast enough. I'm getting clean (smoker) and applying for jobs in September and if I manage to get one I'm peacing out mid semester. They can find someone else whose willing to take their shit.

Been meaning to ask, are you a professor or are you working on a PhD?

I really like the idea of focusing on Electro. He's a villain with a lot of potential and I love the game Enter Electro because it felt like a unique sequel that starred all new villains that didn't appear in the prior game. The only issue I had was that the game was PUNISHING! However, it allowed for costume/power combinations to the player's liking and it was epic.

I always have a soft spot for Shocker and I love his look. His powers are fucking sweet and if he was a little more intelligent he would be in Spidey's top rogues list. For a more serious answer, I'd want to focus on Green Goblin (Harry rather than Norman) or Venom (Brock). Both of those villains have the most personal connection with Spidey and that gives me a lot to work with. Lastly, I'd like to do something with Vulture (only because of Homecoming). Keaton was stellar in his role.

Professor with a masters. I can basically teach any class in teh undergrad curriculum but I don't get paid nearly as much as other professors which is a kick in the dick. Applying for PHD programs this fall so I'll see which happens first, I get a job or get into a program. My grades are perfect (4.0 average in masters program) and I have a stellar list of references. My writing is spot on and I've been told multiple times I'm the best writer my advisor (head of the department) has have seen (and working on my comic has kept me sharp). The only thing holding me back is the GRE but I'm working through a book right meow so we'll see what happens.

>Uncover Spider-Man's identity in a school news program to get into college
Yeah, okay, OOOOORRRRR you could just sell that shit to TMZ or the Enquirer and make 50 kinds of bank on licensing.

Replaying GTA Vice city atm and I gotta say, the game holds up in every way imaginable. The controls are spot on (minor issues with auto aiming but more than manageable), the soundtrack is god tier, and the story is significantly more epic than GTA 3. Not to mention that Ray Liotta brings a charm to Tommy Vercetti that ties the whole thing together. Without a doubt I can say this game is one of the best GTA games in existence and if this game holds up in the era of the PS4 and Xbox One, it's going to hold for future consoles.
>SOrry for gushing. I'm in absolute awe of how well they play and they still remain better than many games currently on the market.
>I just found a way to downgrade SA allowing for better resolutions, complete soundtracks, revamped controls, and a mod to include the world aesthetic (orange glow that permeates most everything adding a surreal look to the world) that was missing from the prior pc version.
>I'm shocked that current GTA games still fail to have as much content and diversity as San Andreas.

It's not reinventing the wheel or anything but focusing on the fact that Electro never reaches his full potential and even when he pulls a big stunt like what he did in the Gauntlet or causing the prison escape at the Raft in New Avengers, people still constantly look down on him. Some of it is definitely self-inflicted like if he actually studied and focused on how to utilize his powers better, he would be much more effective. But, that ties into his past when his mother prevented him from being an engineer because she thought that he wouldn't be smart enough so she encouraged him to be a lineman. He secretly feels that he's not smart enough to ever be smart to effectively use his powers which feeds into the insecurity angle that I would focus on.

I'd also connect into Superior Foes by having some people state that since they think he's such a waste of space, he should join Boomerang's Sinister Six while others point out that it could work out since at the end of Superior Foes, Shocker ends up with control of the Maggia. The main points are what happens when you have so much potential but you constantly squander it due to your own insecurities and what it's like to be in the mid-range of a hero's rogues gallery since you don't fit in with the A-listers or the D-listers.

Lewd

>It's not reinventing the wheel or anything but focusing on the fact that Electro never reaches his full potential and even when he pulls a big stunt like what he did in the Gauntlet or causing the prison escape at the Raft in New Avengers,
This and everything that came after was spot on. I feel like you could write a decent Electro story. At least a 6 issue mini where he actively studies to understand his powers better and shifts his Spidey Rogue weightclass to be in his top 5.

How do you feel about Scorpion? I want to bring him back to his portrayal in the Animated Series where he wipe the floor with Spider-Man during their first encounter. Spidey has stated that Rhino poses more of a threat than Scorpion and that always rustled my jimmies. Nothing against Rhino, but Scorpion should never be an easy opponent for Spider-Man. He's stronger, faster, more durable, can stick to walls, and has the scorpion that that can impale or launch acid. Every fight with Scorpion should be a fight for his life as he is going up against his superior in every way.

I wasn't even aware there was an ultimate mysterio.

awesome op. I hope the move goes well

This is an unquestionably good idea, but I feel like a lot of the current people who work at Marvel would kill the project because they thought it hit too close to home/you were making a dig at them

Props to you man. My master's program just reinforced the fact that I have no desire to pursue a PhD. From your previous postings, I'm guessing that your master's program was heavily geared towards pushing you to pursue a PhD? Funny fact from my program is that it's heavily work-focused in the fact that most of the people in my program don't stay in academia so thankfully, there's no pressure in doing a thesis, the professors actually discourage us from doing it. I will miss drinking with the professors and actively shitting on the 101 classes with them when I was a grad assistant though.

>I'm shocked that current GTA games still fail to have as much content and diversity as San Andreas.
Yeah, I love GTAIV and V, but San Andreas still does some things a whole lot better.

DON'T TELL ME YOU BROKE UP!!!
>pleeeeeese tell me you broke up so I can dump this Bendis Bro and get back in those spider tights!!!!

Kitty, we know your game.

And we support it.

I art the art (mis)direction after and a bit before Ultimatum. After Bagely left it all went to shit. I don't mind Immonen if he would've stayed on the whole time it'd be one thing, however, the other artist Lafuente is just so bad.

I'd love to write one that digs deeper in to Homecoming Toomes. His story interests me and I think there's a lot of room for philosophy and introspection in it.

>>Kitty has a Pink Star Shirt
>>MJ has a Green Star Shirt
Would Gwen have a Blue Star Shirt?

Ultimate Kitty was too good for Peter, although they made the cutest couple and it breaks my heart to see him with anyone else.

I still enjoy his relationship with MJ and I adore his relationship with Gwen more so than MJ but Kitty was perfect.

Don't worry. It's by no means permanent.

Did they fuck after all?

good luck with that user. That sounds like a terrible way to run a school.

There's an interesting development with him in the issue with 616 Peter.

MJ is such an adorable spazz

>That art

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. In spite of how the University views me, I've developed a small following of students that love me because I'm extremely approachable after class and willing to work with them if they put in the time (I've given up a LOT of weekends to help when I can). I actually wrote a bitchin letter of rec that helped get one of my students into a Masters program.

Jesus Christ Bendis

This is the page that forever changed JJJ view on SPidey. Fuck yeah

OP are you going to do Spider-Men? Or are you stopping after Peter dies?

>That time Norman Osborn shows up in the Miles era and asks Jameson to interview him
>JJ pulls out a magnum and shoots him in the face
Ultimate JJJ is so amazing I'm not entirely convinced Bendis really wrote him

I get a tingle when I see this. I dig it quite a bit.

Not yet, but keep reading. =D

I actually love Bendis as a writer and consider him one of the many writers that influenced my own work, but this page was awful.

I maintain that Bendis is an extremely capable writer, but he has to "full-ass" a title for it to be successful. When he cares, it shows.

I'm going to do Miles after Peter but only up to Secret Wars. Everything afterward is a smack in the face to Miles' character and everything he went through.
Getting his mother back was nail in the coffin for the new series.

=D

Bendis is really good at writing teenage girls, it's almost creepy how accurate he is with their mentality.

I like what you're cooking user but if I was writing Scorpion, I would focus more on his history with JJJ. It would be something like how pissed Scorpion is at JJJ for having all of this sucess like still running the Bugle for many years and becoming mayor even though he created Scorpion to literally kill Spidey.

>Everything afterward is a smack in the face to Miles' character and everything he went through.
I agree. I liked Miles up until the Peter revival arc. The writing just suffered a lot around that time. His new book is just meh and now he feels pointless being in 616.

Ultimate Hulk is one of the most inconsistent characters of all time. Lindelof was actually the writer that evolved the character in a meaningful way. Unfortunately his arc finished AFTER Ultimatum.
>I could be mistaken on the dates but it took forever for the series to be finished.

Would you go back to having Scorpion stuck in the suit or would you have him out of the suit, but still having a murder boner for JJJ? ALso I like going back to JJJ. The level in Spider-Man (2000) where you have to take down Scorpion while protecting Jameson is something I would want to incorporate.

L-lewd!!!

this is some seriously sick and perverted stuff op. Why are you posting this on a christian board!?

I like you.

>did he do this
no you fucking idiot you were just told who did it
fucking bendis i swear to god

I liked Miles best when he was coming to terms with his powers and doing the Spider-Man thing even though he didn't want to and other people were forcing him into it. But instead of playing up all the factors that fed into that internal conflict, we get:
>Ultimate Prowler (possible arch) dies
>Dad fucks off
>Mom is revived
>Dates daughter of a HYDRA family, never explores that

Ultimatum was so terrible that it was comical. I was angry yet laughing at most of the cheap deaths. Especially Cyclops' death

>did he do this?
JUST last issue they showed that magneto did it

I'll be honest, if it wasn't for the existance of kitty, MJ litereally would be the best girl in the world.

We all give bendis crap, and he deserves it, but he did create the trilogy of Best Girls with MJ, Kitty, and Gwen. And this we should always remember.

My fav by far is dr strange's death

bop

>Don't even know his real name
Kingpin told you his name.

Damn...that page is...wow.

>Don't even know his real name
>Even though he came to my school in his civvies and told me who he was

in the words of deadpool
>I just flew in from Ultimatum, and boy are my arms tired
>From killing everybody!

Because I don't know any better and am a terrible person.

>Daredevil is just randomly dead
>Peter forgets everything from the Ultimate Knights arc
>Including Daredevil coming to like Peter, and knowing his name

Even Bendis didn't give a shit during this arc

Er, why did this happen? Hulk should still see Peter as a friend even if Banner flipped out and called him back. I'm not good with Ultimate Hulk though, is he being controlled?

I thought she had really hairy feet in that last panel for a moment there.

>That last panel
MJ knows

no MJ what are you doing

>MJ's face
>How DARE this bitch hope that my boyfriend is alive!

I love everything you posted. ALl those events made Miles stand on his own as a unique Spider-Man with unique life circumstances. Not once did I ever consider Miles the Black Spider-Man until Bendis shit the bed in every conceivable way imaginable with his new series.
>I'm white if that wasn't obvious.

Bendis. There's your answer. But seriously, Ultimate Hulk is extremely poorly written and most of all inconsistent throughout his tenure that the only people I would trust to write him are Millar, Ellis, and Lindelof. They at least have a handle on him that's more than, Hulks reverts to Banner, Banner freaks out because of something he thought he did when he did jack, and then Hulk goes on a rampage. Bendis writes Banner as one giant self fulfilling prophecy that it hurts.

Oh, my god, you're right, and they're huge. MJ is a sasquatch.