And they say negative buzz wouldn't hurt it

And they say negative buzz wouldn't hurt it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YigM-F4oSIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does this have to do with Sup Forums? Please explain.

You must be 18 or older to use this site.

It's a cartoon.

I guess sometimes things do work out

Emoji movies only made $25. People where dreading stupid children and normies would make it a financial success

>estimates
Because those are always reliable

the emoji movie cost 50 million to make, that's already 50% of it's budget.

That's already way too much

Sure the budget was 50million isn't a lot but 25million over the weekend for a animated kid's movie is BAD.

Isn't that half of its budget in one weekend?

Yikes, where's Atomic Blonde?

Didn't it cost 50 million to make though? For a concept as dumb as the movie was they certainly pulled out all the stops for it.

That's normal for Tom Rothman and Amy Pascal. Their entire careers are a history of terrible decisions.

Marketing and other stuff isn't included in that budget, and I'm sure Sony threw down a lot of fucking money to market this piece of shit.
They may need 100 to break even.

>why is a CARTOON movie being discussed on Sup Forums?

I'm not even talking about those two, they got people like Patrick fucking Stewart on it, and god only knows how much they spent on marketing. Just look at the cast list, I'm honestly surprised Sony is still in the film industry.

Is Atomic Blonde getting a wide release where you are?

Over here it went straight to the broom closet screens.

4th place with 18.5m

...and they get all those people and all that money onto a project via producers (ie Tom Rothman and Amy Pascal)

I assumed it was.
I guess this confirms that she's a better spy than James Bond, because nobody has seen her

A movie has to do double it's budget to make it back, anything lower than that is already a loss.

Smug fuck.
He's right tho.

that's still pretty good tho

>this all attention is good attention meme
Because hearing that a movie is bad makes me want to pay $$$ to go see it, no wait, that's retarded.

I see Sony is also a Marvel Entertainment fan.

This isn't related to The Emoji Movie, but I'm happy Girl's Trip is doing the worst of all 3. We've already had one Hangover ripoff this year, we don't need another.

Because it worked SO well for Ghostbusters, right?

Speaking of which, to this day, there are STILL white knights bashing the AVGN for refusing to see the movie, long after everyone else has stopped giving a shit.

Most of the money the movie is making is from morons who see it out of morbid curiosity. They hear it's irredeemably bad and want to see for themselves because "there's no way it could be THAT terrible."

That second week dropoff is going to be a bitch.

That's too bad. The action scenes were great.

Considering you're still talking about it? Yeah, it probably did help a lot.

>Dunkirk is beating it
Thank fucking god, going to see Dunkirk tomorrow. What am I in for?

Wrong. Almost all of it is from kids.

An 18.5mil opening isn't bad at all for a $30mil budget movie.

As a comparison, Baby Driver opened to 20mil and currently is at 92mil domestic/138mil worldwide on a 34mil budget. And that can reasonably be called a success.

I know right, next thing you know people will expect to see music videos on MTV

>Macks unironically calls himself a director instead of an editor because it sounds like it makes more money

Why would anyone listen to this kid? I remember back a few years when he made fun of bronies and said that MLP was stupid and shit on people making fun of Justin Bieber at the same time. He's a retarded hypocrite.

Are people finally listening to Jay?
youtu.be/YigM-F4oSIE

Haven't seen it but I'm guessing the French are incompetent or get little focus. The British are the real heroes yadda yadda.

Sure thing, shill

>it probably did help a lot
There's been a dip in sales since Friday. Both Lego movies gained sales after everyone heard how good it was its opening weekend.

Everyone said that about ghostbusters 2016

This is week 2 of girls trip. It's doing great