Why is everyone here an asshole?

Why is everyone here an asshole?

>>>/reddit/

Why are you such a sensitive cunt? Grow up, faggot.

Because Sup Forums has weaponized the concepts of insincerity and cynicism. Everyone here is an asshole because Sup Forums's entire ethos is "nothing matters, so make a joke out of everything". This site's entire purpose, from day fucking one, was to allow everyone to be as big an asshole as possible without any consequences.

If you are on Sup Forums, you are an asshole.

Because fuck you. See you tomorrow, you big baby.

Cause we're not allowed to have fun anymore.

You can have fun without being cruel and sociopathic towards other people.

Unless you're on Sup Forums, in which case fuck you and the horse your mother rode to try and miscarry you.

Because feminist dykes invading our media has made us bitter

Actually it was made to talk about anime.

Are you the OP of the thread that was just deleted? Are you literally 14?

I'll see you here tomorrow, too.

Then why did it not limit itself to being an anime discussion board? Why did it make Sup Forums? Why did it allow anonymous posting?

The site was designed, from day one, to let people be complete assholes without consequence.

Sup Forums is one of the nicest boards by Sup Forums standards.

You should listen to some of moot's talks about anonymity sometime user. That's not the reason for it. And Sup Forums day one was literally to talk about anime, it was a spin off from Something Awful's ADRTW.

And yet he also made Sup Forums. And allowed for anonymous posting. And did nothing to regulate or moderate the community beyond deleting CP.

Sup Forums was made to let people be gigantic assholes, regardless of whether moot intended to do that. His site has now weaponized insincerity and cynicism. And he can do nothing to change that. All the TED talks and apology tours in the world cannot make up for what moot has wrought upon society.

Which is fucking awesome.

This

I browse quite a few boards, but this one is the nicest I've come across

As long as you don't obviously bait or act like a total retard you can instigate pleasant conversation with people here, even if you disagree with said person

Because I hate your opinions. I wish I could hate them to death. Unless I agree with you, in which case you're alright. There is no middle ground on this, but it switches up often.

>You can have fun without being cruel and sociopathic towards other people.
Yeah? Too bad we're at the point where simply disagreeing with someone leads people to calling you those things.
I look forward to it user, I'll wear a funny hat.

>Too bad we're at the point where simply disagreeing with someone leads people to calling you those things.

I can do better than that, you walking advertisement for Planned Parenthood.

>Sup Forums's entire ethos is "nothing matters, so make a joke
That used to be the name of the game, now its fucking social and political commentary and outrage out the ass. Gone are the days when everything was a joke, now everyone and their grandmother has an agenda and a line they don't want to see crossed. Its a fucking travesty. You ought to long for those halcyon days when this site didnt have a massive stick up its collective asshole.

this

Almost every board on this site has a bunch of politics threads when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand

Some are worse than others with that (I'm looking at you Sup Forums) but it exists everywhere

>That used to be the name of the game, now its fucking social and political commentary and outrage out the ass.

So what? That's the whole goddamn point - the joke, if you will. Nobody here is genuinely pissed off about the shit they rail about; for fuck's sake, this site is built on insincerity and cynicism. The joke is that everything is a joke. Everything can be mocked and everyone can be bullied. Nothing is safe, nothing matters, nothing can be sincere because there are no consequences for insincerity. You can lie your ass off, insult people in the worst possible ways, spout racist garbage all the live long day, and nobody can do a goddamn thing about it. Anyone who takes this site seriously is an even bigger asshole than the people who post here - because they're not in on the joke.

>OP
>Still a faggot

Agreed. There's always a bit of people obviously baiting (for example, posting inappropriately in a thread discussing one thing, about something else, or in a derogatory or inflammatory way about the subject matter of the thread).

But you can avoid those and avoid the endless console war threads and enjoy the site for what it can contribute.

As an aside, I think FB is far more of a blight personally since I have no genuine need for it for the people in my life so I am sadden that a number of sites that I used to post in, who used Disqus or something else, are moving to FB simply because they think it's impossible to not be anonymous there (which is total BS as I know people with those accounts there).

The way you describe this place makes you sound like someone who reas about Sup Forums somewhere and is parroting some secondhand assessment of what this site was like years ago. Like a poser academic trying to explain conditions to someone in the field. Maybe you aren't a poser but you sure sound like one. You won't take it from me, but there is a clear difference in how seriously people around here take their bullshit world view as opposed to 5 or 10+ years ago.