Is it a good thing Summer goes on adventures with them now...

is it a good thing Summer goes on adventures with them now? No more room for good jokes or storytelling when we got two EDGELORDS to deal with.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4R9zjfEi_Bo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think seeing her evolution in response to the wacky science-fiction adventures in comparison to Morty is quite interesting. Morty has become quite a bit more jaded, but still tries to keep some semblance of morality. He even calls out when Rick goes to far at times. Summer, on the other hand, seems to have started reveling in her grandfather's nihilism, to the point of bloodthirst.

Yeah, but the ending of S3E2.

And the bit with her as a wife was clearly meant to mirror Rick's wife.

What part of her being able to come on adventures means that she'll be in all of them?

I seriously doubt she'll be in that many of them. Rick himself said sometimes. I think this was necessary in a way due to the fallout of the divorce, but a lot of the clips and the intro suggest it's still mostly Rick and Morty, or at least no less than season 2.

Well, someone has to hang out with Beth and Jerry for subplots.
Hope you're all ready for Beth and Jerry to go on dates.

Just gonna leave this here to make you know how shitty this season will be

And what about this image means the season will be shitty?

Look at the writers

I believe he's referring to the list of female writers.

comblr, ladies and gentlemen

Last nights episode was fine and it was written by a chick.

>Jessica gao
She also worked on pic related.
Next episode probably gonna be garbage

Well, I guess we'll see.

I wish all those clickbait sites hadn't made a big deal about the writers thing, both because they are obnoxious and because it fueled the /r9k/ autists. We're not going to be able to have a Rick and Morty thread without them shitting things up. Fuck, I'd rather take the Reddit and Memey spergs than this shit.

Yeah, well, that's the way this site is now.
You can't really have a conversation about anything you like.
Not here, not on Sup Forums, not on Sup Forums.

Well... Fuck

yah its gonna be terrible trying to criticize episodes with out some autist defending vaginas as if they can do no wrong right?

Why the fuck couldn't they just stay with the same writing team from the first 2 seasons?

Why

Name ONE good female cartoon writer. You can't!

In her defense I don't remember Legend of Awesomeness being shit

Jane Becker

>calling women "vaginas"

Because shows can become stale.

It's nbd so long as she isn't an overbearing edgelord mega bitch wanna-be main character like she was in tonight episode. Rick and morty for 9 seasons, not rick summer and morty

>don't like a single episode
>therefore all episodes written by females will be shit for all time

You're on Sup Forums faggot, not tumblr or twitter. The types of shitheads who'll defend anything made by or with women in them don't go here. It's real fucking hard to criticize female made shit when fags like you fulfill every strawman tumblrfags give of people who don't like stuff they do.

Hey, watch it. You might scare the tumblrite and make him run back to rebbit.

Because of "MUH DIVERSITY"

Well dicks hardly seems apt

Because we wouldn't have epic characters like Summer in the last episode!

what are you kidding?

Summer is the most enjoyable character in the show. Rick is mostly an amoral jackass, sometimes you can get behind him but more often than not there isn't much to like

and Morty is basically a one note whine machine who rarely likes being on adventures

Summer is actually relateble since unlike Morty she enjoys having a crazy life and unlike Rick she isn't dead to the joys of the world

Because Harmon fired them after they unionised and demanded healthcare to be covered.

Becker sucks.

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRLLLLLLLLL POWER

It's almost as if Summer is some kind of capable autonomous gentlewoman!

>enjoying a female character makes me a feminist

its pretty sad how quickly this board is losing intelligence, gonna be as bad as Sup Forums pretty soon

Isn't Sup Forums literally the dumbest bord?

>I think seeing her evolution in response to the wacky science-fiction adventures in comparison to Morty
both characters behaved in the exact same way and did the exact same thing in the last episode
only difference is morty had to let go of his arm while summer experienced the wonders of marrying her father

not really, Morty had a small adventure and was ready to go home

Rick had to intentionally manipulate the entire society and then it still took Summer 3 weeks to get sick of it to the point that she wanted to leave

Summer gets caught up in adventures, Morty doesn't

except morty chased rick and asked him if they could come to this universe evry other weekend
thats him getting invested

No. Not really.

Why is Rick and Morty the only show that people are upset has female writers on it?

it isn't, shit talk like this has been going on since that Ghostbusters movie last year

it just wasn't super common on Sup Forums but since Rick and Morty brings in a lot of normies from other boards like Sup Forums we end up getting this crap

Because the show went downhill at season 2, fans are testy about quality.

They think lady-penned scripts will automatically be worse than intergalactic cable, or middling at best. They don't want a mediocre season after the last one so any ingredient that isn't fomulated to the exacting standards of the legendary first season is automatically recipe for disaster. Evidently, part of it is the carefully calculated estrogen levels among writing staff (???).

good post

This show can't seem to live up to the wad it blew in season 1.

maybe I'm nuts but I liked season two way more than season one

most of season one was a mix of nihilist drivel and lamely done scifi parodies

season two had a lot more character and a tighter sense of its own world instead of just being a random mix of scifi concepts

But it also had shwifty.
Nothing can excuse that.

yeah that episode was fucking awful

>season two had a lot more character and a tighter sense of its own world instead of just being a random mix of scifi concepts
you just described WHY S2 was weaker

Scifi Nihilism was at least a theme. It feels like this show is just turning into another animated sitcom.

if they removed Ice T nigger faggot it would be fine

Ice T was literally the only funny bit in that episode

i mean ghostbusters's whole ad campaign was "silly boys! girls can do it too!"

A LOT of Ghostbusters fans were fine with an all girl sequel (well disappointed the version with Chris Pratt dropped because Sony hates money I guess.) but the tone of the ad campaign hinted at just what a hollow product they had.

and you just explained that you have shit taste

yeah but people basically turned their anger over that huge disappointment into literal sexism against female writers

like I never cared about or saw the 2016 Ghostbusters movie, but thats basically where the whole men hating female writers comes from

Well they're apparently picking scripts based on merit alone, so if this season is bad, it's entirely up to whatever quality control Roiland and co feel like exercising.

Faust

Even with all the arbitrary shit people are throwing here, let me remind you that as much as anons call it a reddit show, reddit is bitching about it more than Sup Forums.

Was she a sole writer for a show or more of a producer and design lead for the writers? I forgot what role she took before she left her last big project.

I'm not liking the way the show took with this season at all. They've made Rick, Summer, and Morty way too nihilistic and unfun to root for anymore. They just kill people, do some stupid shit, kill more people, break 4th wall, etc. It feels like the new writers only knew a fraction about what makes it good and are just going though the motions. Every episode gets less and less interesting as time goes on. And of all the episodes you could use to get right back into their adventures, why use Mad Max? Animation has done this trope to death now. If there is one more cartoon that does this I'm gonna cringe. Literally every mainstream cartoon has done it and Rick and Morty did not make it more interesting.

I hate how they are handling Beth and Jerry too. Beth feels like a plot device and they just fucking shit on Jerry when he's always been the most interesting character to me. I wish the show was about him and his divorce right now honestly. Just break from the darkest adventures and do something else for a bit, it might shake things up. Which this episode has shown it hasn't been doing. Instead they try to top themselves every episode to be their darkest adventure, which will blow up in their face real quick when people leave because it's not what they came for. I came for good characters and fantastic worlds, not edge, teenage angst, and Rick's increasingly horrible antics. It's just depressing and hollow.

Last thing I wanted to say was that it just isn't fun anymore. I started watching it because Rick and Morty were the ultimate team and every joke they did was so well crafted and clever. Now its just literally "BURP, NO GOD MORTY, I'M A PICKLE, BURP, I HATE YOU AND I NEVER CARED FOR YOU OR YOUR DAD MORTY. BURP!" They've made him so punchable. I hope that's what they're building up to because I'm not going to put up with this forever he ruins himself and the other characters.

The female writers are the shitty Hollywood Liberal kind so it's expected, but damn.

Reddit is cancer, nobody here cares what they're doing.
Stop trying to make me care.
I said stop it!

>I hate how they are handling Beth and Jerry too. Beth feels like a plot device and they just fucking shit on Jerry when he's always been the most interesting character to me.

Do you happen to be and/or have a failure of a father who can't do anything right yet is constantly self assured against all reason?

>ghostbusters's whole ad campaign was
if you don't watch this movie you hate women and you are worse than hitler

So not reacting to all females with revulsion is Sup Forumsmblr?

You gay son?

This, honestly. Summer really is the best character in the show. Morty always flip flops in his personality and Rick is a giant meme

you are nuts

Whether or not he cares for Summer or Morty, the only reason he bothered to go back for them was because Beth would be upset with him if he didn't. What kind of ramifications could that have? How could any Beth being upset in one universe (or any universe for that matter) have any impact on his agenda?
I'd say that calls into question whether Rick really is 100% nihilistic after all. He clearly places some value on his family's interactions with him.

>I wish the show was about him and his divorce right now honestly.
The entire first season was about the parents relationship. Fuck that

rest of your post discarded

he isnt nihilistic, he just loses inteerest quickly. He clearly cares about them, especially since being in a universe without them is out of the question. He actually says if he leaves them he'll have to go through the trouble of finding a new Morty and Summer, as being without them isnt an option

Well the new episode was written by a literally who and was great, so this image just gIves me more hype.

She was in the last two and is confirmed to be the focus of the next

You ever have a mother with such crippling unchecked mental issues that she'd rather keep around a man that drags you into dangerous, life threatening situations every day of your life than tell him to stop endangering her children?

youtube.com/watch?v=4R9zjfEi_Bo

How far can you make it watching this?

Rick and Summer is a better pairing than Rick and Morty and only plebs disagree, so this is good

>as being without them isnt an option
And his explanations for why are always as nihilistic as possible. He claims they're just tools and conveniences. At least his explanation for Morty is. I can't recall if the writers have given any reason to Summer or the rest of his family yet or if they're going to just let it be as you say.

He literally says he loves his grand kids at the end of Season 1 though. His nihilism is his personality but I think that he still has emotional attachment to everyone in the family except Jerry.

>is confirmed to be the focus of the next
Where? S3E3's A-plot is Pickle Rick.

>Reddit response
How often do you embarrass yourself like this in real life? I imagine it's a lot.

Sorry, during the off season, it was cool to associate this with reddit. I just found it funny when Sup Forums confirmed that reddit are bitching about the show (due to the fanbase, but still) more than >us

please stop pretending you browse here often

How is Summer better? I can already feel the teenager jokes getting old.

He says that, but then the beginning of season 3 has him aping his rant at the end of the pilot episode.
For whatever reason, he vacillates between warm and cold to manipulate those around him. We still don't know what his end game is.

Because Rick and Summer episodes are usually about them being closer to equals, where she actually does stuff rather than cry about his ideology like Morty does. Episodes like the one where Summer got the job with the Devil or the season 1 finale were good because the interaction between them was more natural to me

I think both rants are tenuous in how much we should believe them desu

>Rick and Rick is better then Rick and Morty
Maybe season 1 and parts of season 2 Summer had an interesting dynamic with Rick for thr occasional episode but her dynamic now as just Rick 2.0 is just boring as Hell.

>Rick and Rick is better then Rick and Morty
yes honestly. Morty is inconsistent, hypocritical and holier than thou. The universe of the show bends to make his decisions stupid no matter how much sense they make (like the goodbye moonman one or helping the girl in the purge episode) and he is passive, voicing his complaints and doing something at the very end rather than right from the start

With Rick and Summer, it's like he's going against someone who's him but has a different opinion. When he proves himself right or wrong it has more weight to it

Yeah but, why was Rick there when Morty went to kill the slaver guy

quints used for a very good question

>only 6 episodes
please tell me thats not all of them

Last I heard the count was at 10.

Rebecca Sugar
and with that im out. goodnight everybody!

There are 10. The details on the other 4 just haven't come out yet.

So, how far into the season is Summer going to have a crisis about turning into her mother and get an abortion?

lol they said they were doing 14 episodes. what did they spend their time doing

The writing process was long for season 3, likely due to the shakeups they had with the crew, so it was late going to the animators.

Daron Nefcy

Less summer. Pain to see her even on screen.
>only faggots will give this episode a 6-10/10

I gave it a 6/10 and I pack fudge for a living. No homo.

This shows how fundamentally retarded Sup Forums is with development of the cartoons they sperg out over. A random writer gets their name slapped on an episode, the drafts the original female writers bring in get cut to pieces and the entire room finishes. Their original drafts for their previous seasons went the same way, most of their original ideas and dialog goes out the window then they use it as an outline for the rest of the episode. The bitch who wrote it brought in a script about going into books and Harmon/Roland/the rest of the writers redirected it into what they had for the final version. They even talk about it in some of their interviews specifically.

It's shitty because it's a decline of quality in general from Harmon and Roland or they'd have every opportunity to save each episode, and completely change it around like the one that just aired. More accurately, though, you have unreasonable standards because you see a cunts name and start shitting your pants and throwing a fit.

Actually seeing the thumbnail. No way am I clicking that shit.

The humorous thing about liberals like Dan Harmon is that they love the ideals of liberalism until they actually have to pay for it, then they turn into evil white-right-wing drumfss. A large portion of the writing staff unionized and demanded healthcare as part of their benefits package and Harmon fired them all

god you're dumb.

What did I say that was wrong or inaccurate? Harmon is one of those 'proud liberals' on twitter and social media who didn't live up to the ideals when presented with that choice in real life.