These events I beheld cannot be true

>These events I beheld cannot be true...

This is the story of Grendel.
A name, an identity, a destiny.
Richer, poorer, better and worst.
A phenomena that steers the world.
This is the story of the first, Hunter Rose.

This is-
Matt Wagner's Grendel: Omnibus 1 - Hunter Rose

And here we go...

We're at the end reach of summer, and just though why not still go large?

Also, I like Eppy Thatcher best.

bumping for OP

Thanks!
Appreciate it.

ah Grendel I do wish more people knew about this series.

Well, they're coming out with new editions of the Tales omnibuses. That's a start.

that is good news. Man I find it amazing how much stuff has been done with Hunter Rose after the leave from Comico and the War Child series. For a character Matt Wagner likes less and less as he writes him there has been lot done with Hunter now.

Oh definitely.
I guess it's because Hunter Rose represents a bunch more fertile ground, similarly to Prime in that regard where they have their vague spots.

Yeah it also might be because there are a lot of hard feeling with this series. It was Matt's first and he fought for it than it became a minor franchise in comics. I also feel like for him Hunter was basically a first draft in need of constant editing.

I can see that, given how Hunter started off and then the formal revised into what he have now...but at the sake of real story meat.

Hunter does feel undercooked in that regard. It's why the first "total" story at the start here is probably my least favorite.

Did he ever once consider just shooting the motherfucker instead of trying to make Argent his dance partner

How uncouth!

No seriously the reason I dropped this series was because despite the meticulous composition and careful writing, the relationship between hero and prey crossed over into bad romance too often for my likes.

The Grendel series with the Pander brothers was more my speed. At least, then it was.

I agree, at least with Hunter.
It can really flowery, like...the saccharine version of flowery.

Though some good stories out of it.

Eppy was my speed.

> I am going to kill this person for no good reason whatsoever
Could you do it a little faster chum