Why the FUCK did anyone think having Megatron be the captain of the Lost Light was a good idea...

Why the FUCK did anyone think having Megatron be the captain of the Lost Light was a good idea? Did nobody fill the crew in on how he tried to murder everyone less than a week prior? I know that he helped save the universe but it's still fucking Megatron

IDW Transformers thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_CqZAsxB2Ro
tfwiki.net/wiki/Reproduction
comiccrusaders.com/exclusive-preview-hasbro-heroes-sourcebook-2/
cbr.com/hasbro-heroes-sourcebook-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=P30noRwPYRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Isn't Optimus' whole shtick with Megatron that he wants Megatron to move past the shit he does? I assume Optimus had something to do with Megatron becoming captain because I'm real out of date with my Transformers.

I mean Megatron himself said he was trying to start fresh, which I can respect, but CAPTAIN? That's my main problem here, he's captain. Keeping him 2nd in command or lower fine, just have someone above him who can keep him in check. This is the same guy who led a 4 million year civil war and enabled the guy who nearly destroyed existence itself. Also he did destroy the city literally a week prior, if even that long

>Keep Megatron in check
>Megatron

C'mon now. Who're you gonna put in charge of Megatron? Fucking Starscream?

No starscream is in charge of cybertron

I dunno, Ultra Magnus?
And look how well that turned out

They turned out pretty good hes getting a movie made about him

I think the problem is that by yanking Megatron's rank, you're basically setting him up to fail while also setting him up to rage out and try the civil war again. He's been the leader of the Decepticons for 4 million years. Expecting him to just saddle up and take orders is ludicrous.

Also, what's the latest arc? I've been gone for years.

Well, Rodimus and Megatron share the same rank. Then again, Rodimus wouldn't exactly be the first person I would consider to keep Megatron in check.

Optimus was the one who made him captain, and his exact logic, IIRC, was that by giving him a position of command, he was subjecting Megatron to constant scrutiny which would keep him in line (if he was serious about reforming).

Rodimus and Ultra Magnus had full authority to chain Megatron up if he did start some shit

But basically, Optimus is the ONLY person who wanted Megatron to be captain of the Lost Light, and since he's Optimus, no one said shit, they just did it.

And yeah, that ignores the fact that just by virtue of his reputation, Megatron would have been under constant scrutiny anyway, but Optimus just really wanted his bestie Megatron to get all the credit for finding the Knights of Cybertron by virtue of being the leader.

Okay, those are good explanations. Thanks for making it sound reasonable

Now that Megs is out of the picture again, let me ask you guys a question:

What were your hopes or expectations of Autobot/Lost Light Captain Megatron?

Were any of them met at all? How satisfied overall were you with what we got?

When will Megatron come back and wonder why everyone acts like he stayed intentionally

Also bare in mind there was that whole thing where Rodimus confessed to Optimus he let someone else take the fall for the Overlord thing, and Optimus straight up said 'you should have stepped down as captain' That might have influenced his decision a bit.

I was hoping for more interaction with the crew, seeing how different personalities coped with having their nemesis on board, maybe a chat with Drift to get another ex-con's perspective. When Ravage showed up, I got to hoping the crew would pick up the scavengers and sort of even out between bots and cons.

Latest arc is terrible
They're writing out a bunch of characters so they can focus on the OC transgender lesbians

Aight, so I've accepted and even grown to like Megatron as the captain.

What's really getting me is how Rewind shooting Megatron got undone the next fucking page. Then again this comic has a tendency to do that and it's getting annoying. I'm still enjoying MTMTE more than RiD though

as a trans lesbian Im pissed my "representation" is so shit and annoying

Me too, sis. Me too.

yikes, I stopped reading with the dark cybertron shit, how long till it goes to shit?

All I can say is I'm interested in seeing what the fuck the ship is up to while Hotrod and the rest were playing dimension hopper.

woah woah wait? Megaton is a good guy now?

Because being captain of the Last Light is the worst punishment they could come up with.

For a while.

In the IDW comics Megatron is much more ideological. He basically gives up after Shockwave almost destroys the universe, which makes it clear to him that the Decepticon movement has gotten away from him and the entire war that he's been fighting for millions of years has been for nothing. The Autobots take him prisoner and there's a big fuss about what they should do with him. A bunch of the Autobots want to kill him, but Optimus Prime decides to send him off on what they think is an impossible mission with a ragtag crew of crazies, assholes, and crazy assholes.

Megatron is good, Starscream leads Cybertron, and Optimus annexed Earth.

There's some good parts with bad parts mixed in. It has a nice, conspiratorial feel to it for a bit, but it starts to be really, really relationship focused
Like, cyclonus and tailgate's actual relationship is a plot point. Others too.
Lots of new OCs join, and they're mostly (but not all) terrible
Basically dark cybertron is around the time the seeds of what's bad are planted. By the end of mtmte (it gets renamed to lost light) you're just reading for sake of resolution

>What's really getting me is how Rewind shooting Megatron got undone the next fucking page.
It was a time travel plot, what were you expecting
Exactly one character was written out: Megatron.

Nautica is cute. CUTE!
I want her resurrection attempt to fail miserably and have her suffer

I mean, i don't even care about representation, it just seemed patently offensive the way they did it. Completely minimizing how important being trans is to trans people.
"Hey bob! Oh, by the way, I'm female now. And my friend, who i literally just recreated, is now female to"
"Oh? Howcome?"
"Just felt like it"
"Ah. So that's why you look different?"
"Yeah"

Like.. what are they trying to say? That only after being told of the new gender they'd assume the new look is related? Despite there being no real gender difference in tf bodies?

And all of that sidesteps how, to transformers, gender is a race, not a variation. It's like having an animal robot mode.
Youre a cat, or a female, or a minicon, or some combination thereof

Arcee being trans by force wasn't a good idea either

>gender is a race, not a variation. It's like having an animal robot mode.
>Youre a cat, or a female, or a minicon, or some combination thereof
THE THIRTEEN IN IDW DON'T WORK THE SAME WAY AS THE THIRTEEN IN ALIGNED

AS FAR AS WE KNOW, SOLUS COULD HAVE BEEN THE TRIBE OF SMITHS RATHER THAN THE TRIBE OF GIRLS.

I meant that this arc was where the ocs got a bunch of focus, since they wrote out so many previously
But also, tailgate

They're trying to say that people want to be who they feel like, especially people who previously had no frame of reference or support in being able to change in the first place.

Anode's a shitty person but her being trans has nothing to do with being shitty.

Lug is trans and she didn't change bodies. Seems pretty respectful to each individuals desires to me.

whoops, second sentence meant for

Caminus was introduced as having women because they were from Solus titan
We know here people aren't smiths.
Granted, the Sparks come from citybots, so there's no real race, they're not locked in based on location or anything. But the point is, gender in idw was presented as one of many variations of the species. Until now.

Lug did change bodies
Present lug has a different body than past/hallucination lug

>Caminus was introduced as having women because they were from Solus titan
No, they weren't. Caminus just happened to be the first colony they went into. Its thing isn't girls, its thing is religion and tradition. Cybertron is the weird one for NOT having girls. All the other colonies have girls that originate from those colonies.

Caminus is heavily female though
Like 75%

Ok yes, she specifically changed BODIES, but the design's the same, and well after she discovered she was trans. By Wipe Out's lack of comment on Lug's body while commenting on Anode's body, it's implied that Lug didn't change her body with her gender like Anode did.

[citation needed]

If you're going by appearances alone and not any stated statistic, so is Carcer.

Anode/Lug two-pack never

The funny part is Megatron was the best thing to ever happen to the Lost Light crew.

So, is Nautica's deal with resurrecting Skids supposed to be she was in love with Skids, or she's just that serious about friendship? The lengths she's going to feel very weird.

No it isn't, that's a common in-story misconception

It's just seen that way because it first brought the females.

Good. They're shit. I want to say they're shit to Roberts' face.

Nauti has always demonstrated codependent behavior, all the way back to her beginning

Sounds like she's about due for a cold hard lesson.

did you miss that mutiny where they left Megs and his fan club to die?

>how dare you?

To be fair, they only left them marooned on the Necrobot planet, they weren't aware Getaway's co-conspirators had told the Decepticons they were there, and neither was he.

Still want him to get Sub-Zero'd though.

So how are TFs made? They are born?

Huh,where do you think you come from? You think you were born!? No! You were built! And your Goddes wants you back!(Michael fucked the timeline-again).

oh shit, so almost like a journey to the west .... Galaxy

bwah wah I'm a what?!

Man, what's wrong with Lug?

Aside from her enabling Anode, that is.

>is Nautica's deal with resurrecting Skids supposed to be she was in love with Skids

She did that whole fucking circle of love thing with Skids, Velocity, Nightbeat and Brainstorm

Of course it's love.
People are so hung up on Anode's transgenderism that they're ignoring Nautica's polyamory

TRANSFORMERS: THE BASICS ep 3 - Biology:

youtube.com/watch?v=_CqZAsxB2Ro

tfwiki.net/wiki/Reproduction

didn't whirl try that?

got a rude awakening instead (megatron ordered the cons not to touch him)

Anyone got the pages with all transformers comics continuities?

How did she demonstrate codependent behavior, I just remember her hanging out with Brainstorm a lot and being sociable.

What series/issue is htis?

IDW's More Than Meets The Eye #28

So, full preview for #2:

comiccrusaders.com/exclusive-preview-hasbro-heroes-sourcebook-2/

But also somehow for #3, which isn't due out for weeks:

cbr.com/hasbro-heroes-sourcebook-3/

The solicited First Strike tie-in story seems to be missing from #3, including on the credits page, which is concerning...

why is that concerning

Are there any other Transformer continuities to look forward to?

I don't have any interest in the IDW comics like I used to, RiD is pretty "meh", and I have really low expectations for the Machinima series.

Rescue Bots is getting a sequel

Think of a transformer character and say and/or post an image of what you thought was their best version
Animated Prowl was the best

>polyamory
wrong one
she did amica endura
friends forever
conjunx is the love one

budding
IDW just makes it primus budding
but basically, there's the core spark (well of all sparks, primus, etc) and it spits out sparks which meld with cybertronium (the metal that makes up cybertron's landscape, and titans) to sprout new, fully grown transformers

in her very first scene, where she had to have chromia go through the process with her, despite her not joining the crew.
Not to mention her doing the weird 5 way amica thing

Some 3rd party will get to it at some point I'm sure.

It depends on the continuity, but it's typically infusion of a physical energy ball soul (spark) into a body via an artifact connected to the Transformer god. Sometimes the new person is ready to go, sometimes they're stored for later activation.
youtube.com/watch?v=P30noRwPYRs

Starscream has been one of the better rulers of Cybertron, actually. I'd rather take him than any of the pre-war Primes, secret political prisoners or no.

>Starscream has been one of the better rulers of Cybertron, actually. I'd rather take him than any of the pre-war Primes, secret political prisoners or no.
He's ruled cybertron for all of about 5 years max.
I'm pretty sure not a single despotic leader of cybertron did any worse in their first 5 years.
Considering the average reign was what, tens of thousands of years?
Hell, Rodimus is 4 million years and I think he's only seen 4 leaders?

IDW Overlord is probably the best representation of the guy.

I was expecting worse, but he's still not all that good either. Cybertron seems to have a functioning infrastructure, even if it's only in Iacon so far. Everyone's been expecting his schemes to blow up in his face or get removed from his leadership position but so far, he's been good at keeping his power and he hasn't faced any direct consequences for specific actions so far. I'm curious to see how the election goes.

Can someone please just explain this to me? Why in the fuck are the comics and the TV show regarded to be different continuities? Continuity = universe, right?

religious zealot clone "outliner" was on of the few things Dreamwave did.

you mean G1 comics and the cartoon? Besides the comics premiering 4 months before the show, they were handled by two different identities/companies.

Is it not at all concerning every major pairing IDW introduces into the comic is a gay one? All the straight ones, few as they are, are background characters.

You can spin whatever sci-fi extraterrestrial psychology you want on it, but it doesn't change the fact the gay conjux endura is a lot more prevaliant on both genders than the straight conjux endura.

Because they are? They don't happen in the same universe.

>Why in the fuck are the comics and the TV show regarded to be different continuities?

Continuity is basically a universe, yeah. Like how Marvel has their Ultimate universe, which was an entirely different continuity from the main Marvel universe.

Transformers, almost EVERY piece of media is a different universe. Theres only a few that are actually connected.

The G1 comic is entirely different from the show, so it's a different universe. The Japanese did an extension of the original G1 show continuity, but it's so different, convoluted, and weird it's a different universe to everyone but the Japanese.

Beast Wars is the same universe as G1, just in the past. IDW stuff is a different universe from everything else. Etc etc.

So which robot wants to fuck the other robot up their male exhaust port?

Yeah, but in Doctor Who, Big Finish is considered canon. In Marvel, Shattered Dimensions and Edge Of Time are. In Halo, Halo Wars and the books are. So on, so forth. So what's with Transformers having ten different universes depending on publisher?

Why is Megatron dealing with psychologists? They're transphobic shitlords.

>Is it not at all concerning every major pairing IDW introduces into the comic is a gay one?

It's concerning in as far as it shows editors are not paying attention and theres obviously no overarching story goals or design in place. It shows a lack of foresight and planning, and that writers are basically being allowed to do whatever they want with no oversight.

And thats a problem. A bad editor will let writers run wild and unchecked, or clamp down on writers who need more room to do things correctly. A good editor will know when to check the writer, and will let people go as far as they need without heading into personal politics dictating story.

Unfortunately, as we can see, IDW has bad editors.

Doesn't bother me too much as I'm reading. Everything that's been establishe about the setting has it make some sort of sense. Plus sexual reproduction isn't a thing with cybertronians as far as I know so there's nothing explicitly wrong with it.
Well there IS a robot on the ship called Tumbler (And they do namedrop the site in the issue I'm reading right now)
Honestly, I've been a Sonicfag all my life so I'm just kind of used to everything being its own little thing

>So what's with Transformers having ten different universes depending on publisher?

It's an 80's toy property that was designed as one of the first instances of "use a show AS a commercial". So not a single fuck was given to anything like "continuity" or "story". It just so happens, through luck, wit, or both, they managed to carve out an identity to the public that lasted and had them wanting something more.

Of course, it was all still run by a toy company. That thinks like a toy company, whose goal is to sell toys. Hence no fucks being given to trying to create a cohesive universe, story, or anything really. Most of it came about from random bits sprinkled through several, unconnected series.

The ONLY straight pairings I can remember in IDW are Air Razor with Tigatron, and Sparkstalker with Lightbright.

It felt like Ironhide and Chromia were going that way, but that turned out to be just shipteasing for G1 people.

>Cold Constructed Bots Are Douchebags
The switch should of stayed on

I actually had to look this up, but yeah, all the Constructed Cold Transformers are ones with huge personality defects

Was that the point? Is being Constructed Cold guarantee of being a problem case?

Speaking of, when did Barber stop being an editor? I wonder if there's a correlation or if there's other factors to consider.

>Also, what's the latest arc? I've been gone for years.

Currently some characters die, new annoying OC's that aren't likeable....oh and they're actually starting to try to make some progress.

so not as great but hopefully it can be a bit better later.

Lug from Rewind would be ok.

Anode....NO.

Fuck Anode.

Lug is ok, or could be ok if she ditched Anode.

The only lug i care about is Lugnut [spoiler}I miss my boy so much

That actually irritated me a bit. At that point in time, Optimus had given up his title and left Cybertron, and now he was telling Rodimus to give up too?

It really made Optimus seem like a quitter. That may have been the point, showing how Prime was in a dark place mentally, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.

Thank you user!

Unfortunately, all the download links I can find in desuarchive are dead. Do you know where I could download a copy?

mega:#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ!MpgTQQIY

Have this, it's only up to date to about 2016, but it'll last you for a while.