Maybe Brie's Captain Marvel will turn out to be a better Carol than the KSD...

Maybe Brie's Captain Marvel will turn out to be a better Carol than the KSD, Bendis and Stohl Carol that they've been painfully shilling for the past half a decade.

Used to like her a lot as Ms. Marvel and thoroughly enjoyed Brian Reed's run but could not stomach her character when she became Captain Marvel. Coming off from reading Reed then reading KSD, it did read like a different character.

Can we have the broken, struggling Carol in the MCU? Makes her more heroic to be flawed and still attempts to be a better hero.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/image/jInrYKL06CpdEN2eZ-SUfA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, she was cast from Short Term 12 & Room and the movie's plot looks like it's taking a lot from Reed's run, so probably.

Monday Carol thread right.

Oh yeah, the mythical "better than Watchmen" run. The run to rule them all. The comic book of the 00's. One of the most classic runs of all time.

The worst part of Captain Marvel being so dogshit nowadays is this deification of a book that was fairly common.

I certainly don't find Reed's Ms. Marvel better than Watchmen or Swamp Thing. But it's leagues better than KSD and Stohl when it comes to handling the character.

They've not been shilling Bendis Carol at all. Bendis Carol is the one they want everyone to forget about but since Bendis is gonna Bendis and can't be stopped he wrote her how he knew her in CWII. Probably the one thing I will give Bendis credit for is he wrote her characteristically as a brutish, militant cunt, which is what she's been for like 25 years now, instead of the blander new version.

KSD's Carol is the one they want to push, the confident stronk woman.

And then in the movie, she will most likely not be either of those and instead be a cute and snarky Buffy-type because women with masculine traits don't play well internationally.

I actually agree that Watchman is overrated crap and that I enjoyed Ms Marvel more.

But it's no where near Swamp Thing holy shit even the later arcs of the original runs were better

It was a mistake having Carol led her side of the argument in CWII. You don't put a soldier who got merged with another soldier from a facist alien specie and not expect to act the way she did. Did not help explain her side of the argument cause the character became the focus of the narrative.

>Watchman is crappy
>Liking endless "poor me I'm so bad but I wanna be good" and slice of life shit.
You have shit taste.

>being the best of the best is not really a goal
>dude fuck shooting for the stars fuck having aspirations that make you challenge yourself constantly lmao

Who is she talking to?

I mean, from what I've heard, isn't Feige basically blowing the MCU out of the water mostly to spite Perlmutter and his anal-retentive, skinflint behavior anyways?

Some are saying Carol will be the one who takes out Fury's eyes

Watchman s so fucking overated
>Oh man what if super heors were real and really edgy!

Spider-man

>Moore actually had to research Nixon, the cold war, Vietnam and nuclear threats, among other things, to write what was a very impactful book.
>Somehow worse than irrelevant slice-of-life shit "buu buu my romantic life is so bad because I kissed Wonder Man while I was dating an alien buu buu".
Sure thing, buddy.

>watchmenfag can't handle the fact that Reed's Ms. Marvel is objectively superior

Not that guy but c'mon now, don't be facetious.

>Bring this triggered
I also said Swamp Thing was better than both Watchman and Ms Marvel

>Worse reviews
>Worse sales
>Worse plot
>Worse readers
>Literally no-impact whatsoever
>Objectvely superior
I understand your denial, though. You're a Carol Danvers fan, after all.

Holy shit, was that actually good dialogue coming from Carol? Huh, so that was what it was like. I feel like I should start mourning for the character now.

#MakeMineMilkshake

Outrage!

Another Japanese Carol.

Why isn't her hair in accordance with Air Force grooming regulations?

She's not in USAF anymore when she became powered. Working as chief of security for NASA when the accident happened and was a writer for a magazine when she became Ms. Marvel.

Korean Carol.

Why are CM Carol fanarts so shitty?

I think it all depends on what competition CM has at the Box Office. Wonder Woman was lucky to have a decrepit Tom Cruise movie to spar with.

Also, the Comics Movie bubble has to pop sometime...

How about Marvel has Justin Hammer's ex wife or relative take over Hammer Industries, move into Stark Tower, and then become a president like Trump. Stark Tower can become like Trump Tower.

Then afterwards they can work with one of the Rosses to form the Thunderbolts from villains on the Raft. After a few movies it can be revealed that some of the people in the Thunderbolts are actually Skrulls and the leader of Hammer Industries has been colluding with Skrulls like Trump with the Russians. What do you guys think?

Should Marvel wait until Trump gets impeached or otherwise leaves the presidency or can they start right away after Avengers 4 even if Trump is still in office?

What the fuck, my dude
desuarchive.org/co/search/image/jInrYKL06CpdEN2eZ-SUfA/

What are you actually hoping for though, for movie NuCarol to be likable, or for them to fix her comic counterpart as a result of a well received movie portrayal.

Cause I loved Carol when she was Ms. Marvel, as well as most female heroes, not a single one I wouldn't have wanted to get their own single, but at this point the comics are a lost cause, just count your losses.

The guy really has problems.

Go read some Reed Carol. Busiek too.
And Claremont.

>for them to fix her comic counterpart as a result of a well received movie portrayal.
If ANYONE believes this they're not paying attention

Stark's popularity exploded due to the movies and what did they do? Kept him an asshole until eventually replacing him with a black girl.

Fuck, every non-female Avenger shown in the movies has been replaced in the comics by a person of colored or woman or both

Except Strange? Is he still a fucking white male?