Venom: the triggering

I'm fucking pissed this is actually thing. How retarded is it to have a venom movie without establishing spiderman and the symbiote before hand. I know this dead horse has been beat to hell and back, this is just so retarded I can't wrap my head around the fact that it's happening.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-movie-2018-tom-hardy-star-ruben-fleischer-direct-1004115

imdb.com/title/tt1270797/

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/sony-kraven-mysterio-spider-man/
screenrant.com/venom-movie-working-title-antidote-plot-origins/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can you imagine his long tongue slithering up and down your shaft?

Didn't they claim it would be "softly related" or some shit? I agree with you OP, but I'm gonna have to wait and see how they actually do this....

If its the worst case scenario, it will be that, but either way I'm interested to see just how they attempt to do this, and with Spidey in the MCU now it's not like we'd have a real Venom movie within the next decade anyway so if this fucks up it really doesn't bother me

So yeah I can sympathize with people that just want to see Venom on screen, as I do too. But I don't think you do Venom right out the gate of introducing a new spiderman. Venom is a character you need to lead up to, regardless of how interconnected you want stuff to be.

The only way I can see this working if they want to go a more classical route is if they play up the issues Eddie has with Spider-Man, more so than the symbiote. Him being the one to add on the spider affectations onto the suit and etc.

Not everything has to be an origin story, They can just reference it.

Venom cannot exist without the symbiote first being attached to spiderman. It's like if the symbiote first gets attached to captain america and then goes to Eddie Brock- it wouldn't magically give venom webs and spiderman like powers.

If that is indeed the route they want to take, he should have been referenced at some point in Homecoming. Some guy who gets pissed off at how Spiderman is responsible for costing him his job or something. Clearly spiderman is a kid, Tom Hardy is not. So they can't go the route of competitors.

You can do it, and frankly, Eddie's origins have always sucked. That being said, they didn't do to Venom's origin like they did to Deadpool's, you know, keeping it mostly faithful and streamlining out the things that make no sense?

>itt; Sup Forums gets triggered by Sup Forums thread #1343545552

this shit is never going away, is it?

Nope.
Just sit back and watch the retardation.

Yep. Spider-Man has always had the suit attached to him first which is where it adopts the powers and symbol. Then Eddie picks it up after he's been wronged. With the leaks saying Oscorp created the suit to cure cancer, how is he going to get any of those mentioned? Unless they make up a bullshit explanation that they used spider DNA in creating the suit, just comes off as a mess. And I have no idea how rushed Carnage is going to be.

The mental gymnastics they are wanting people to do is pretty funny. I don't know why Hardy agreed to this. He's better than this.

No, but I can picture it going up my butt

cbr.com/sony-kraven-mysterio-spider-man/

I have no confidence in this movie being GOOD, I'm just rather curious to see what it ends up being in the end

Typically, I would be very upset because I do want a proper Venom movie, but that option is off the table either way for a very long time now that Spidey is in the MCU, that means no proper Venom movie so, at the end of the day if this movie sucks which it probably will, it doesn't mean anything, but at the very least it will be interesting to see what they manage to put together

My guess is that they might make it like Ultimate Venom, no focus on Spider anything, just a big black goo monster with no spider powers and no spider symbol

I hate Ultimate Venom

>hating best Venom
But why?

Hardy is pretty big at the moment and he's riding it for all its worth. I'd leap on this in a second if they offered it to me.

>Best Venom
Keep telling yourself that.
Ultimate Venom is shit tier because it's just a monster. Normal Venom has an actual personality.

My point is to bypass imitation with emulation.
Go straight for "we are heroes" Venom and have him try to be Spider-Man...and then it twists.

I guess I meant as an actor that cares about the character considering how well he did as Bane.

I said why
>no spider powers
>no spider symbol

Venom being an alien monster but still a Spider character is what makes him unique among the other symbiotes, who are just goo monsters

Also, I really don't even like Ultimate Venom conceptually....symbiote is alien creature, not science experiment

I would actually be interested if they decided to do just a story about Venom rather than having to set him up through five Spider-Man movies or yet another fucking origin story.

You know what made Logan so good? It assumes you already know who Wolverine is, and the story parts that are relevant to the movie are revealed to you through the dialogue.

And that's even how most comic books operate.

When I bought Venom: Enemy Within #1 in 1994 with its stupid fucking glow in the dark cover, I didn't know who Venom actually was, all I knew was he was badass, he fought Spider-Man, looked like some kind of Dark Spider-Man, and had a stupid fucking glow in the dark cover with his face on it. But there was a tiny little blurb on the inside cover that explained what he was in like three sentences, and the rest is told to you through expository dialogue.

How is it that comics understand that the audience doesn't need to be shown someone's entire life's story to get what they need but comic movies don't?

Just make a movie with Venom, explain through exposition that he has some kind of history with Spider-Man, and that's it. They don't need to explain to me exactly what his history with Spider-Man is, or what his relation to the MCU Spider-Man is, or waste my time with any of that shit.

Focus on making a GOOD movie first, figure out how it fits in your cinematic universe, if at all, alter.

Don't get me started on this crap.

I'll see it online, but this just screams train wreck. If their is web slinging in the movie, I won't even bother finishing it.

But that makes him more interesting. You get to see Eddie Brock struggle with keeping his humanity while at the mercy of this inhuman monster.
He doesn't need Spider-Powers to be interesting. Or else he's just Spider-Man if he was black (or purple in the case of the Ultimate Universe) Besides Homecoming has a science bend so he fits better as a science experiment. After all they aren't doing a 1:1 of the comics.

I think it could kind of work if they have the Symbiote appear on Earth first, establish its presence, and then at the end of the film, show that it's, I dunno. Attached to a truck headed for New York.

You really forget the type of audience that Cape movies pander too. These people are ALWAYS stupider than you think, with short attention spans and a craving for quips every 20 fucking seconds.

Though if this does turn out to be a age restricted movie like Logan, it has the potential to do okay, especially with tom hardy. As long as they dont turn it into some Alien vs Predator unnecessary violent shit, i think it wont matter how this relates to the MCU/Spiderman if at all

I get what you're saying. So without calling you an idiot, here's why it wouldn't work.Comic books don't take nearly as many resources to make, and often are not cannon. Tons of different comic stories on tons of different characters. Comic book regulars know the difference, but the comic book reader is only one percentage of the movie goer. To your second point, how many movies has Wolverine been in? A lot. How many has Venom been in? One. For half a movie. 2 iterations of Spiderman ago. And they didn't even do him right. So no they can't just expect people to know who he is even though yes I agree they should but this is not a perfect world.

Not that user, but that's what I was thinking. Wolverine was already built up in the original trilogy, origins, and DOFP so he had the foundation already for Logan in place as opposed to Venom.

He was good as Bane, and unintentionally funny. He wasn't the problem in that movie.

I'm not saying he was bad at all. I like him a lot. I'm saying that I think that since he did such a good job he cared about the character, and I don't see how he could do Venom with the same work ethic considering how the Venom movie is being made.

>As long as they dont turn it into some Alien vs Predator unnecessary violent shit
Alien vs Predator was the least violent Alien or Predator movie by a wide margin, considering it wasn't even rated R

>He doesn't need Spider-Powers to be interesting. Or else he's just Spider-Man if he was black (or purple in the case of the Ultimate Universe) Besides Homecoming has a science bend so he fits better as a science experiment. After all they aren't doing a 1:1 of the comics.
Meh, it's not muh for me. The reason I was always a big Venom fan was because I always enjoyed the relationship Eddie had with the symbiote, two beings from different races who have been rejected and basically become losers coming together to make a team within the same body, that's always been really appealing to me personally

Plus, I like spider characters

IT can work, it can work really well. But the script needs better writers. You don't need Spiderman to set him up. You can set it in the future, and have someone ask him about his wife, or his past. Then insinute that somebody helped ruin his life.

Instead Carnage ruined his life, because that makes sense. Also he's a mob hitman. So Carnage's character is being raped too.

>Cletus is a hit man

Are you fucking kidding me? Didn't Sony say they were going to honor the characters not too long ago?

Fair enough. They better just not fuck it up too far beyond recognition.

I am hopeful. I'm also hopeful that Marvel steps in and strong arms Sony out of the way on this.

He was probably referring to AvP2.

>I am hopeful. I'm also hopeful that Marvel steps in and strong arms Sony out of the way on this.

I have to ask....what would make you think, at this point, that Marvel could possibly make a good movie about the symbiote characters, which would require an ability to do darkness, violence, and actual drama? Whichever movies you prefer is personal preference, but these are things I think Marvel really can't do.

Eddie is something of a silly character at times sure, but he's mostly tragic, and at his best is a violent anti hero even still, in league with guys like Wolverine and Frank Castle. Carnage is literally a serial killer who lives for blood, gore, and guts and other things you find in Cannibal Corpse lyrics.

What about any of that makes you think Marvel would be great at adapting? Marvel try their damnedest to make movies that appeal to the lowest common denominator, entire families, etc....that is not exactly the audience for symbiotes

Pascal is a freak

>Sony giving a shit, ever.

Didn't happen with Homecoming don't know why that would be expected now.

Yea we're three movies deep into letting her have her way. Who the fuck does she know that she can't just be banished?

They actually said that regarding their spiderverse movies. This basically says they are talking shit.

yeah, wehn the script was leaked, it's basically the same. Eddie gets fired from the globe, his life is ruined. Except instead of the sin eater case, it's that but Carnage is the sin eater sort of. So Carnmage somehow is the one who set him up, but also the one he was reporting? It made no fucking sense.

Also the symbiotes come from oscorp or somehting. It was a shitty script

Carnage is far more tragic than Venom, but they'd probably take the easy way out and just make him a mindless badguy to kill at the end of the movie.

I expect Eddie to not have cancer.

>Carnage is far more tragic than Venom
How? Yeah his childhood sucked, but he's still a complete animal who's been murdering people since his childhood. It has always seemed apparent to me that yes while Cletus had a fucked up youth, he was still always the monster he is regardless of that fact

>Carnage
>Tragic

Not the first word I'd think of to describe him.

>Also the symbiotes come from oscorp or somehting

Possibly the worst part

According to the lalest rumors it seems the Venom movie its going takes some Ultimate elements, so the symbiote is not going to be a klyntar, it's going to be the man-made cure of cancer going rogue.

screenrant.com/venom-movie-working-title-antidote-plot-origins/

My choice to play Eddie would have been John Cena.

He got beated black and blue daily by his family until one day one of his parents tried to kill him. The wife or husband killedthe other spouse, and Cletus killed him out of confusion self defense or what have you. Then he went to his grandmother's house, who used to make him bu yher ciggarettes daily and put them out on his skin till he got sick of that and pushed her down the stairs. Then he bounced around foster homes till he wound up at a boys school where they beat thei shit out of him daily , and nobdy helped him. So he burnt them all to death in the place.

After that he went off the deep end completely. His backstory is pretty fucked up and tragic, the world broke him. Compared to Venom, who had to keep getting things added to his origin for it to make sense. I'd say they're just as tragic, but it broke Cletus, where it didn't break Eddie.

It's like B v S and Justice League: studios rushing to put something out to copy the competitors or ride some current trend, but they totally fuck it up.

tfw that plot line gives you cancer instead. Goddamnit Sony deserves another massive hacking.

>this movie flops
>they recast and introduce a new Venom in an MCU movie

>Black Cat and Silver Sable flop
>they recast and introduce a new Black Cat and new Silver Sable in an MCU movie

sonylets when will they learn

Damn that's a really good analogy user. It's like they are in a race to shoot themselves in the foot.

Marvel can't do symbiotes, see and for reasons why

Can you see any of that going down in the MCU? MCU wouldn't touch them, and if they did, it would be OCs that no actual fans would like with no relation to the comic characters even on a thematic level, they'd be Mandarin level abortions or turned into generic faceless badguys like Ronin or the Dark Elf or whoever the fuck that was

Spider Man movies are toast OP. It best to do something creative and actually watchable than jumping into the shared universe quicksand

My only wish for the Venom movie is he gets infected with the Madness and grows a bunch of extra heads.

I don't see any way this movie will be good outside of maybe having cool action scenes, but the same would be true if it was a Marvel studios movie. Both cancer just different types.

strangers in the niiiiight

jesus Sony just doesn't know how to make comic book movies any more,

Agent venom is perfect for the screen, you don't even have to get into where the symbiote got it. Because the gov offers it to him with the venom project.

Special agent Flash Thompson would receive it, have the kill switch in him, figure out more and more about the symbiote as time went on. Like, he's not exactly pg, but he's hardcore enough where it could be well adapted, and you could go in reverse and introduce Cassaday and Eddie that way if you wanted. A hardcore hero, with loose ties to the MCU spiderman, who could still kill a bit and be a decent good guy.

>strangers in the niiiiight
If I ran into Hardy, I'd try to get him to have Venom sing like that in the movie. Pop song sinatra singin Eddie.