The Spectacular Spider-man

>hailed as the best animated spider-man series
>air date for the last episode was November 18, 2009
>8 years later and still no season 3
>peter will forever remain cucked

What the fuck? What the actual fuck?

I just finished watching this series after marathoning this thing from start to finish. This shit is so good, why isn't there a season 3? Why did it end prematurely?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5i0VcRpQoE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Disney bought Marvel and didn't want to let Sony make a third season.

This is one of the few Marvel fuckups that can be directly blamed on them.

Sony owned the series and all the designs while Marvel owned Spider-Man's TV rights so neither company could do anything. Rather than acquiring the show they just made their own series instead

God damn it. Why does shit like this always happen to the good stuff?

>peter will forever remain cucked
An Osborn cucking Peter is as canon as it comes.

>Norman cummed inside Gwen before Peter could do it.
>Harry cummed inside MJ before Peter could do it.

He would've gotten with MJ anyway in the end.

Liz was best girl and he fucked it up. He deserves to be cucked.

Probably, but damn I wanted to see how it would happen. Now we'll never see how.

Peter said it himself but Liz is way waaay too good for him. Like damn how many times has he stood her up and she's completely fine with it.

Do you understand what "cancelled" means? It's never coming back because it legally can't.

yupp

Does what happened to Pete really count as cucking though? He wanted to keep Gwen to himself while he went after a harder to get girl like MJ or Liz, he lucked out with Liz who was a loyal af girlfriend, then he finally noticed how hot Gwen was after she took the glasses , and was ready to screw Liz over and cuck his "best friend". Harry didn't cuck Peter. He just used his father's death to emotionally manipulate Gwen and prevent that traitor from embarrassing him during the lowest point in a year of low points in his life.

I love Pete, strongly dislike Harry but Peter deserved that shit so much.

No, it was one of the outlines for future seasons. Like that was the route is was going to go had it not been cancelled.

does anyone else read the Fighting Crime, Spinning Webs fanfic by thebandragoness?

Marvel are some dickbags when it comes to the old series.

They're perfectly fine with Sony keeping their two Spider-Man series and Time Warner keeping the 60s Fantastic Four.

>Spider-Man TAS: Canceled prematurely. MJ will be stuck in limbo forever.
>Spectacular Spider-Man: Canceled prematurely. Harry gets Gwen
>Raimi Spider-Man: Peter never proposed. Lost MJ.
>Main fucking continuity: the happiest years of his life were wished away.
>House of M: Entire family wished away.

Seriously, what the fuck?

As Greg himself has said, both sides are to blame. If Sony wanted it to happen bad enough they could have given up the character design and storyline rights. If Marvel wanted it bad enough they could have given up the character rights. Either could have offered the other an obscene amount of money to get it to happen. If they worked together like they did with Homecoming it could have been to both their benefit. Neither was willing to budge.

Funny how both spectacular and the 90s animated series were cancelled due to factors outside of their control. The Disney acquisition for spectacular and creative differences for the 90s.

As far as the comics go, I think Quesada probably has an innate hate of Spider-Man after his dad forced him to read the comics as a kid.

That Parker luck has actually manifested irl. Weird how so much merchandise gets sold but the actual comics and movies and shows have done so shitty. We'll probably never have that 10/10 and successful series like Batman did with TAS. I would have thought it would happen with Marvel in charge but fuck no.

>then he finally noticed how hot Gwen was after she took the glasses

He was attracted to her long before that, though. He almost kissed her in the final Venom episode.

The series was critically acclaimed but its ratings were poor. Kids watched reruns of the 90s Spider-man show more than Spectacular and Ultimate Spider-man was more popular with the target demographic than Spectacular ever was.

It's fantastic, but it's not the direction that cartoons were going in and its a minor miracle that Young Justice is getting more episodes because it also wasn't all that popular.

And it sucks. I wanted Spectacular Spider-man Season 3.

>MJ will be stuck in limbo forever.
Will people stop saying this. The very last scene was Peter and Madam Web going in search of MJ as a heavily implied happy ending. That was his reward for saving all of reality.

>Quesada probably has an innate hate of Spider-Man after his dad forced him to read the comics as a kid.
Wait what?

IT JUST DOESNT GET ANY EASIER!!

you forgot Spiderman Unlimited mate

The sinister six where great.

But I would rather have better comic books honestly. I want Slott to get the boot before 2018 arrives. Is it too much to ask, God?

>The series was critically acclaimed but its ratings were poor.

It was one of the best scoring shows on the Kids WB block. Even the reruns that ended up airing years later on the Vortexx had stronger ratings than new episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man.

The only time Spectacular's ratings faltered was when the second season was moved to Disney XD, and that was more due to shitty management. The finale was aired with no sound, for fuck's sake.

His first experience with Spider-Man was when his dad came home saying he had to read the books because of the Harry Osborn anti-drug storyline

They just should have done a reunion scene instead of doing a cliffhanger, maybe start the potential next season from a happy place.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Korra always sucked

user might have been referring to the series that came before it.

TFW Weisman did sight gags...

The first episode did an amazing job of balancing them, but the second one was a trainwreck.

... and cutaways and they worked.

How much would Sony want for the license? Out of curiosity.

>and Time Warner keeping the 60s Fantastic Four.

Maybe Time Warner can keep rerunning that series on Cartoon Network and Boomerang

Wow I'm having flashbacks of browsing toonzone forums and freaking out when the finale didn't have sound, and checking with people on there if it was just me

I think it's been at least 10 years since Boomerang aired it and they're not really airing anything much now.

youtube.com/watch?v=O5i0VcRpQoE they aired this once in a blue moon but that was it

it's probably not getting airtime in America again