Who's worse as a character, she or Oskar?

Who's worse as a character, she or Oskar?

How is that even a question? Oskar a shit

at least Oskar got character development

Because Oskar's a worse person, but some find him a more entertaining character, and he actually interacted with people besides the main cast, namely Glossaryck and, in the book, Tom.

Seriously, Oskar gets way more than Jackie, I think the writers like him more.

...how so?

They are both good characters who you care about.

Oscar got a little less then Jackie actually.

Jackie, because at least Oskar's fans, if there are any, realize he was never an important character, doesn't need to be in every fucking episode, and if he no longer shows up now that his purpose is fulfilled it's more than fine.

I know my answers are based more on the fanbase than anything, but Jackie more than any other character in the show is impossible to separate from her fans.

>Oscar got a little less then Jackie actually
Yeah, people mistake being "out-there" with having a developed personality. Oskar's personality might have made it easier to write him interacting with people apart from the main cast, but he never learned anything, and he's never had to face his own problems within the context of the show. By the end of Starcrushed, Jackie already has him beat in that regard.

It's a vicious cycle really, of fans trying to oversell her, and opponents (i.e. Starcofags) deliberately underexamining her. No one is arguing she's this deep character that has to be in every episode, not even the Jackiefags. But she deserves credit at least on the level of Janna.

>purpose fulfilled
I'm sure that those mythical Oskar fans that are out there have a problem with that notion. In a show with decent continuity, that has the potential to piss some superfans off.

>purpose fulfilled
Okay, Tom's purpose in Blood Moon Ball and Mr. Candle Cares was fulfilled, yet he was expanded on. Why can't the same happen to Jackie? Hell, I'll even be generous. Why can't the same happen for Oskar?

Considering the amount of comments about her not being in the opening or not being shown/mentioned in Battle for Mewni, people do seem to expect her to be more important than she is and it's grating.

I didn't see the Jannafags freaking out that she wasn't in those episodes; I know she's in the opening but they at least have a realistic perspective on her not being a main character.

Yeah, because she's in the intro.
As a matter of fact, after the Battle for Mewni and the season 3 announcement was made, a lot of Jackiefags prepared for the idea that Jackie won't be important, along with the rest of the earth cast, due to a setting shift. And that would have been fine, IF JANNA WASN'T IN THE INTRO

It could always happen, but that shouldn't be the baseline expectation.

If they just killed Toffee, who was expected to be the main villain by a lot of the fanbase, then Jackie, who everyone knows isn't endgame, probably isn't going to get a ton of focus once the inevitable breakup happens either. I mean maybe I'll get proven wrong and she IS endgame and gets some Ludo-tier character arc in the future, but if she doesn't it's entirely reasonable for the type of character she is.

Why do you have such a problem with people liking a character that you don't?

I'm not saying write Jackie (or Oskar) out of the show.

But if they're not dating anyone in the main cast + their characters aren't really adding much to the show outside of "crush," then it's not somehow running continuity to have them not show up if there's no reason for them.

Oskar doesn't have 4-8 threads dedicated to him at any given time, so he's far less annoying

I actually do like Jackie, for what she actually is, fine.

It's the demand/complaints about her not being in every episode that turn me off outside of the show. I don't see that shit for Ludo or Tom or anyone else but her.

I don't expect a huge arc or anything, I don't even expect her to be Ludo tier.

But Buff Frog got two episodes all to himself, and he's by no means a main character.

Jackie has a reason to worry about her situation, and she's justified in being a bit pissed at Marco prioritizing Star, no matter how justified he is as well. There has to be resolution because Jackie has been shown to be a good enough person to get something out of this.

Which is partly the reason why the Jackie situation is so heated; she's in an awkward middle area between being a complete blank slate who almost isn't human, and being a fully fleshed character you can invest in. She got enough appearances with Marco and we got enough insight into what she values in people that it would seem kind of shitty for her to get the shit end of the stick with little followup.

More than half those Jackie threads are made by people who hate her.
People don't need to complain about Ludo or Tom. They've been handling Ludo exceptionally, and Tom is both in the intro and is the focus of the season 3 teaser. They're not exactly comparable.

Fans just like to try and make sense of it. We hear what you say, but considering all the teens in the intro, including earth girl Janna who looks admittedly out of place, Jackie's exclusion feels very intentional.

I can't wait until Jackie gets kek'd by Star!

True, but the difference between the two is that Oskar and Star never dated. Oskar only showed interest in Star AFTER she lost interest in him. What's worse, it's actually shown why Oskar is a bad choice for Star inherently; he has serious family issues and needs constant validation.

Jackie and Marco, even if they haven't been explored a lot, have been a couple since Bon Bon and, despite whatever the priorities of each person are, they DO both like each other. Whether that's enough? Probably not, but the relationship has the potential to not be toxic if Marco put in the effort.

Since he is not putting in effort but Jackie is, in the context of preserving the relationship she is in the right, and she has reason to be upset. Thus she has enough of a reason to get some amount of focus on her, even if it's small.

Buff Frog is more reasonable to me because he's like the only monster character in the show who's not a villain + lives on Mewni without being connected to Star's family in any way. It's a more unique perspective than someone on Earth, and to some extent his focus was just secondary to the Ludo stuff those episodes illustrated.

The thing is, I don't think Jackie is going to be treated like shit by the narrative; we'll definitely see some resolution. It's just there's a time and place for that and it's unbelievable to me that so many think the last few episodes were an appropriate time.

Janna is actually the most out of place comparatively, though it still feels weird to expect Jackie there when everyone besides Janna/Marco isn't human or from Earth anyway.

>though it still feels weird to expect Jackie there when everyone besides Janna/Marco isn't human or from Earth anyway
Yes, it does.
And that's why everyone was prepared for that possibility before the actual intro came out.
But once it was shown Janna WAS there, it made the decision to exclude Jackie seem all the more deliberate.

I expect her to get some amount of focus too really. It's just that kind of focus will probably end up being breaking up with Marco because of him always prioritizing other stuff whenever they're actually together.

But everyone wants so much more than that and it's getting kind of weird.

I mean, I'm not even sure if it's "deliberate" exclusion if the plot was already decided, before that opening was made, to work out so that the relationship won't last that long into the season anyway. If she's not gonna do much this season then why falsely advertise her role, or something

I mean, why wouldn't it be weird if Jackies involvement ended with a breakup, thus leaving her development at a dead end, but Tom, Janna, Kelly, and pony head just keep going up and up to the end?

Jackies cult like following is based entirely on her looks and her perfect girlfriend image and you know it.

One of the worst cases of extreme waifuism in recent memory.

If she's not closely involved in any of their lives and isn't even in the same dimension, it's not too weird.

I'm not even sure if all those characters will get as much development or whatever as people are expecting just from the intro. They weren't in the last few episodes either so I don't exactly expect them to be the new squad or something.

>But everyone wants so much more than that and it's getting kind of weird
When they give her a bunch of interesting motifs and little sound bites suggesting she lives by the river among other shit, people inevitably speculate about the character. The staff put enough into her to get you to believe she has something going on, so for them to ultimately decide "no she doesn't", would just feel offputting, like preying on the hopes of jackiefags

I'm gonna miss all the fanart of the OT5, with Marco, star, tom, Jackie, and Janna. It's only a matter of time before Jackie is completely forgotten...

If people really bought into the mermaid theory that's their own fault; it was a thing before a single episode of the show even aired.

She'll never be forgotten if constant threads like this are any indication.

She should be forgotten though, because she is in no way an exceptional character or even a memorable one.

her*

>Her is worse
Try again

Pony head

The true right answer

Wendy