Injustice 2

Can we talk about Injustice 2? I'd take it to Sup Forums but they hate games.
I've heard there's a whole lot of content to this game, but I'm not really that big of a DC fan. I don't hate it, but I also know very little about it, which is why I'm on the fence about buying it.
My question is, is this one of those games where it doesn't really matter if you know the source material or are a huge fan of it? Is it a good game on it's own?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_K1drW9UbHk&t=0s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's actually better if you don't care about the source material lol.
And I'd say it's a pretty good game.

Sweet. I've heard the story mode can last you a while, but the endless modes are where the real game and gear happens. That pretty accurate?

It's a game designed for DC universe casuals like yourself. It always adds more impact if you are familiar with the characters and have a connection with them, but it isn't necessary to enjoy the game or the story mode. Give it a try.

>but the endless modes are where the real game and gear happens. That pretty accurate?
The story mode lasts about 3 hours or so. It's the Multiverse mode where the bulk of your time will be, fighting up the ranks of difficulties and various challenges that update daily so things don't feel repetitive. This is also how you'll grind your level and unlock new armor. It's pretty addicting to collect the motherboxes (loot crates) and hope for a really rare item or new skill move.

I am absolutely terrible at video games. Just the worst. And I finished the game faster than I've finished any game.
So yeah, it's the other modes are where all the content is.

Have you ever played 2D fighters before.

People say it's fun and lasts a while, but 2D on, like, 12 levels got old fast for me. And I'm a DC fanboy.

If you like Mortal Kombat and other 2D fighters totally go for it. If you're not sure just Redbox it

Is it fun even though you're trash? I'm definitely a fighting game scrub

I think the last fighting game I played was the MK on the PS2 where you could make your own character but I had a blast with it

Yeah I had a lot of fun with it. I loved playing as the Flash.

>I'm definitely a fighting game scrub
So am I. But the mechanics are designed in a way that lets beginners learn quickly. I don't play online competitive mode, but you can join guilds online if you want, even if you're shit at fighting. You can even ask for assistance from your guild mates in the online he multiverse mode if a boss is too hard, and when your team wins, you all share the loot.

I'll admit that what caught my eye was the Starfire trailer, since she's one of the few DC characters I recognized

So you think Ocean Master will become a premiere skin solo for the tweaked stage transition when Black Manta drops?

youtube.com/watch?v=_K1drW9UbHk&t=0s

That would be cool. Considering the whole multiverse angle the game has taken though, I'm doubting they'll even bother changing the stage transition animation.

Personally I'm still hoping for a Momoa Aquaman skin.

Not being a DC fan is insanity

I'm gonna say something horrible, but you can have the AI play in Multiverse modes, if you're bad. There are entire builds and set ups for your AI on the Internet, if you look in the right place.

I'm solid at this game, but I use AI to multitask. Although, you may want to take over whenever a mission has a 'Obtain gold/silver/bronze' as a goal, cause using AI lowers your score and chance to get gold/silver/bronze.

Ok game. Too much Batwanking for my taste.

no it isn't a good game on it's own

There are times I think she's hot and there are times I want to die when I look at her. And her voice is annoying 100% of the time.
Injustice Harley confuses my dick.