Why is DOOM so contradictory?

>wah, the natives persecutemypoor gypsy ass

Well gee Vic, maybe if, gypsies being subhumans aside, your momma wasn't sacrifcing rabbits to Chthon and contacting Mephisto, the villages wouldn't be that angry. Just a thought...

>imma build a gateway to hell
>yeah, uh, okay, that's a tad crazy but maybe I could he-
>SILENCE!
>those calculations are wr-
>SILENCE
>*machine blows up*
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEECHAAAAARDS

I don't need to say anything else.

>muh Latveria is da bestest country on earth
How? Why? Isn't your sole memory of Latveria villages killing your momma and the Baron killing your dadda? Why go to all the trouble of conquering Latveria? The tribe were nomads, so why not try to take over any one of those countries?

>but borders are stupid and Mosques are welcome
So let me get this straight: You go all North Korea on Latveria, to the point where everything looks like something out of a fairytale, and then decide... to put Mosques in there? Then call borders stupid imaginary lines? How does that work?

>Doom has a sense of honor
Proceeds to throw a kid in Hell and wear his sacrificed girlfriend's skin as armor.

>only with DOOM can mankind flourish
Everytime he got absolute control he did jackshit because all the people could do in order to avoid being executed was just stroll around. Everything came from him and his lab. He essentially halts progress.

All these are major contradictions that make 616 Doom pretty poor. Meanwhile, Ultimate Doom, design aside, had ca consistent character. He did get along better with the F4 during their youth, he had a legitimate reason for wanting to rule the world, and was heroic enough to throw himself in the Zombie-Verse. He was a controlling asshole, but not a complete monster. Also, he wasn't a gyppo, so he automatically wins.

>had ca consistent character

I wonder who's behind this post

Busted keyboard, sue me. Not everyone has money to spare user.
Try again.

>posts a reaction image featuring Reed
haha i knew it, your just a butthurt Reedfag.

>its ultimate Reed
or maybe your just a fag.. ?

I just meant to imply that It wasn't the lame 616 Richards behind this post. It was the SUPERIOR Ult!Richards. Stop reading too much into it...

Now, why does 616 Doom suck so much, huh? Why is Ult!Doom so much better (if you move past the design)?

I always figured it part of Doom's character. First and foremost, Dr Doom is endlessly sure of himself and arrogant. "Doom can do no wrong, Doom is law, Doom is superior."
Like a spoilt brat, really but on a much larger scale as he owns a country, has the technological knowhow of Stark, with the magical ability of Strange.

Doom can say one thing and do another later because he believes even if he changes his mind, he was right then and is right now. Unless he admits he was wrong, which makes it okay because he is right now.

To each their own after all but that was kind of my favourite thing about doom. He chucks pre-schooler tantrums when it doesn't go his way because he is adamant about everything he does. He is a manchild, but a dangerous one at that.

>the Baron killing your dadda?
Doom's dad WAS the Baron. The Baron raped Doom's gypsy witch mom. That's why Doom considers himself the rightful ruler of Latveria and anybody who took issue with his legitimacy got disintegrated.

He's an extreme Narcissist, so everything he does is right in his own eyes and anything that goes wrong is the fault of someone else, including others failing to see that he is the destined god-emperor of the universe.

So it's really no wonder that a bunch of socially retarded manchildren like those that dwell on this board hold him in the highest esteem and praise him as a deep and interesting character when the truth is Doom will do one of two things in every story, either serve his own vanity or pretend that whatever he did serves his own vanity in some runabout fashion.

You know what Doom is really? BORING!

He's exactly the same no matter what the circumstances, he had more power than ever during Secret Wars and he was the exact same petty, self-felating asshole he always was, and the degenerates on this board fucking eat that shit up and ask for more, and so do the writers because they all want to be like that, have no limits, take no responsibility, and be completre fucking dipshits to everyone because they can.

Doom represents the absolute worst of humanity masquerading as the best of humanity and they completely fall for it.

Fuck Doom and all Doomfags.

Never confirmed in any AU, but I really like this retcon.

I could see it, but with a slight change:

>Werner was the rightful ruler, who fell in love with Cynthia
>then his cousin, the Baron, ousted him from the throne with the support of the noble houses

It explains the name, why Vic's so white and gives legitimacy to his cause.

Interesting analysis. I used to be a Doomfag, but he's just oo inconsistent to really be a good character. In my mind, he should be kind of an Attila-like character. He pretends to care about the people, but he really only wants to satisfy his ego.

People forget that Doom was specifically designed to be the thematic enemy of the Fantastic Four. What is the FF all about? They support and draw strength from each other. Doom? Doom wears a literal suit of armor at all time so that nobody would see what he really looks like. Doom being an autistic sociopath whose ego overrules any possibility of him having a meaningful relationship with another human being was precisely the intent behind his creation.

Heh, finally an Ultimate Doom fan. I know people hated him, but I loved the little bastard.

>>Doom has a sense of honor
>Proceeds to throw a kid in Hell and wear his sacrificed girlfriend's skin as armor.
Is that shit even still canon?

I hope the muslims go Charles Hebdo on Marvel comics.

Why would they? Marvel's pandering pretty good. Doom defends them, Khamala is one, there are not even any Purifier Muslims.

marvel only creates haram characters.
soon.

Doombot

It's still canon, and it can't be a Doombot because it was purely a magical amp. The demons would've noticed. Besides, it was shown on page that Doom was trapped in Hell and escaped only due to Mjolnir passing through. It's still canon.

I gotta ask though: what the hell is Doom's plan for when he dies? He's going to Hell 100%, and he won't have a super-duper armor then.

>why is a character that was written by dozen of people during decades contradictory?

I don't know OP

I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but how do you think Maker and Doc Ock would get along if they met?

Maker & 616 Ock? Eh, dunno. Ock's pretty low-level for him. Maker could whoop his ass in seconds, even with the Spider-Upgrades.

I'm not talking fighting, I'm wondering if Ock's ego would stand aside long enough to admire and work with an even greater genius.

Depends. Slott's definitely not. With someone else writting him, maybe. He'd admire the work put into the whole thing, but he'd feel inferior all the time, which would cause resentment.

>I gotta ask though: what the hell is Doom's plan for when he dies? He's going to Hell 100%, and he won't have a super-duper armor then.
>"This will be a challenge"
>Proceed to kick butt
I mean if Wolverine could beat Hell, Doom wouldn't break a sweat

Didn't Wolverine still have his healing factor? And let's be honest, Logan went through a lot more shit than Doom in his life.

Also, Doom couldn't escape Hell with his specially crafted magic armor. I doubt he could pull it off buck naked.

And Logan was, ultimately, a good-natured man. He had a pure soul, in a way. Doom's is rotten to the core, as he's a petty asshole who's killed underlings for looking at him wrong.

Two things. First of all, Doom is an extremely arrogant character. His hubris has been his downfall countless times, not just in underestimating his enemies but also in refusing to acknowledge his own shortcomings or asking another for help, or even accepting it when it's offered.

Second, it's a character that has existed for decades and has been written by dozens of writers, so inconsistency is to be expected. Not just because writers can have conflicting ideas about how he should act, but also because the story they want to write might demand different things from the character. It's like complaining about Superman's inconsistent no-kill rule, why Spider-Man sometimes seems to run out of web-fluid extremely quickly and other times has a seemingly endless supply, or why Flash' top speed seems to be different in every run.

I'm not sure about healing factors in Hell, but obviously some magic's in place so that a regular human can be hurt indefinitely without being "killed" (whatever that means for souls).
It's possible Doom's magical abilities would be negated by Hell, but if they weren't, that's one way he could stand up to hordes (I recall Strange being able to access his magic in Mephisto's realm at least). And that's without counting his ridiculous willpower.