Superman: Blue Lantern Edition

When was the last time you felt inspired by Superman?

I don't want to sound a shit but really now-
When did he give you hope?

I really like the Cave Carson issue he guest appeared in. Even though iirc, it was all a dream.

When Christopher Reeve caught Lois Lane AND the helicopter.

Been downhill since.

I'm not a comfyfag, so I don't get inspired by fucking comics, the character is supposed to be inspirational in universe. Grow up, I'm convinced comfyfags had shitty male figures growing up, that's the only explanation I have for a manchild seeking inspiration in fucking capeshit.

Oh shit, we have a real well adjusted adult here! Everyone put the comics away!

I didn't said you shouldn't like capeshit, just that Capeshit isn't were you should go for inspiration or father figures.

When he flew in Man of Steel.

It helped to have Jor-el's speech to Kal from All-Star in that movie.

Every single day.

The last few years. My mom is getting steadily more ill, my dad is an alcohollic with apnea and a heart condition, my grandmother is in unbearable pain with athritis in both knees but refuses to have them replaced, my career dreams fell through completely due to my own health failing, and my cat is getting old.

I was never a Superman fan, I used to find him 'boring' and was a typical Batfag.

Now, I find his earnest goodness, his will, and the hope and example he represents. My most recent favorite moment is when he confronts the wizard Shazam in First Thunder because he's appalled at Billy being given the weight of the Captain Marvel role.

Probably in this year's annual

And these. I just wish they had handled the kryptonite spear and Supes death better in BvS. It was a needless sacrifice. Had he handed the spear to Diana, she would have kicked the shit out of Doomsday with it, and Bruce and Clark could have gone for coffee.

I may be a recently converted Superfan, but I will never not enjoy Batman being an utter prick.

Yes, superman should had made a total stranger risk her life instead if doing what he always does. And diana could totally use the spear...

Clark got impaled, Diana could had used the spear, but there's no way should could had. Pushed it far enough into doomsday body without dying first. Diana is nowhere near as strong or fast as Clark.

Who hurt you user?

>shouldn't look for father figures in cape fiction

Where else, then? Jesus? James Bond? Fucking John Wayne?

Better question; Does it matter? People find inspiration/guidance from a plethora of sources, be it spiritual or secular. If the message the medium is sending is a positive one, what use is fretting over the methods used to deliver them?

this was fucking dumb

>shouldn't look for father figures in cape fiction

You are so insecure about your hobbie that you can't even call it capeshit while quoting.

You should look for father figures in your life, and get inspiration form history and the world around you, not hoping some Jews in jew York made the right choice while hiring some brit to write a story about a kryptonian alien. At least you are an artist or a writer capeshit isn't were you want to find "inspiration", if your life is so shitty you need to look at superman for hope it means you shouldn't be wasting your time reading comics but improving your life. Comfyfags have shitty life's and instead of doing something about it they just wait for a savior.

But it is still also a out control for you, Bruce. Admit it.

sounds like you're just an edgefag

My mom passed about two weeks ago, I got myself All Star because a friend told me it may make me feel better and he wasn't wrong.

She's up there fixing the sun now.

Not sure if it was inspiration or hope or whatever, but this moment right here. I was only barely following the current run, but then this happened, and now I'm keeping up to date with new issues and looking for good old issues.

>being comfortable is bad

...what?

>claims comics are for manchildren
>says this, in writing, on an online Mongolian Recipe Exchange forum for comics

Stay classy, user

When I saw Batman V Superman, the part where he died. I tried so hard to hold back the tears, but it ran down my cheek. It was a sad scene. No superhero movie has ever made me run tears down my cheek. But Batman V Superman managed to pull it off. I noticed a group of girls behind me crying over his death. That scene really hit home with them too. I was at the theaters when this happened.

Reeve... Yes, that Super was a TRUE BLUE LANTERN. A man who gives you hope.

I born 25 years later to Superman the film. And in my opinion he is a TRUE SUPERMAN.

I disagree. Reeve's Superman is too campy & lame. Henry's Superman is the true version of Superman.

This will trigger Sup Forums
but it's true.

It's not ok to Lie, Snyder

Superman's sacrifice had meaning because in his death he managed to bring the world together. It was only after superman was gone that people realized what his presence meant for them.

I am not triggered but I disagree.

What if these characters helped me improve my own life?

American Alien

Best wishes, user. Don't ever give up

Henry?
Literally who?

But they never show us that Superman means or stands for... well... anything.
If Superman had made an impact, people liked im, he smiled every now and then, if he had that Superman charm that Reeves and Cain captured. That, "Oh, no one is afraid of him because he's such a good guy and you know it from looking at him"

If he had any of that, it would have meant something. But they didn't EARN Superman's death. They took two of the most overrated Superman and Batman Stories and then crammed them together.

Superman stood for doing the right thing in the movie. Everyone else was politicizing everything he did. All those talk shows interspersed with the montage where superman helps people showed that people were nitpicking superman to fit their agenda.

It was only when he died that the world realized what a all around swell guy he was. The world hated him for not doing enough, and then super man did the most that could be asked of any person.

He didn't, he said there's nothing wrong with liking comics. Stop being triggered.

Sometimes I wonder if we have transdimensional travelers in this board, from some dimension where MoS and BvS were actually good. Because I have no faith in humanity, but it's still hard to believe there are people this deluded.

>the world realized what a all around swell guy he was.
No, the world realized that people with powerlevels like him could be a complete menace to humanity so they bave to counter them and thus Suicide Squad was formed.

People with no daddy issues can enjoy movies too.

I get it, if you see superman as your foster dad and want him to hold you when you are sad it's understandable that you reeeeeeeeee at superman having to struggle instead of just smiling like a retard

All Star. I still read it when I'm feeling down.

Everything is so fucking cynical nowadays, I just want to see a hero stop stop the bad guys and do what's right for a change.

Superman is the hero we need these days. Not because of politics or the economy, but because we, as human beings, are just so cynical now.

When was the last time you looked at the sky and imagined a man flying up there?

>Lashes out at people for pointing out he has shit taste
I'm sorry princess, but if anyone has daddy issues, I would guess it's the manchild still stuck as an edgy 14 year old.

I'm inclined to agree, but Snyder didn't go far enough to demonstrate that Superman's death woke people up to exactly what kind of person Clark is that he would sacrifice himself so readily. It's a symptom of Snyder's overwhelming erection for flagrant yet indirect symbolism and his crippling inability to provide proper exposition without getting overly dramatic. The movie would've been far better just by changing the ending from the JL hook to the world grieving for him.

they specifically show the world is grieving for him. They turn ground zero into a memorial, and they bury superman as one of their own even though it is an empty coffin because he meant so much to them.

That was my first post in this thread and there was nothing edgy about that, you are a manchildren that believes a character having doubts is someone edgy.

I know. LOL

Henry Cavill > Christopher Reeve >>>>>>>>> Tyler Hoechlin(he's an abomination as Superman)

Except I'm not lying and my name isn't "snyder". But I see you're okay with lying, hypocrite.