Stand-alone DC and Marvel reccomendations

So I read All-Star Superman as well as Red Son again and was wondering whether there are any good stand-alone or complete stories, especially stories with Superhero origins, with other superheroes. I really can't find any good DC or Marvel ones except for the usual stuff such as Dark Knight Returns and New Frontier

I can't find any Flash, Green Lantern, Spider-Man, Iron Man etc. standalones which actually show the heroes origins and act as standalone features (Is Wolverine Origins any good?). Any help would be appreciated

Pretty much anything involving Alex Ross, Marvels, Kingdom Come, Earth X (although he is the writter, not the artist), Justice...All of those I really enjoyed

Green Lantern
>Will World
>Rebirth

Spider-Man
>Spider-Man Blue
>Spider-Man Reign

Wolverine
>Wolverine Mini 1-4
>Contagion I'm just #### with you
>Old Man Logan

>Is Wolverine Origins any good?
Not really.

You can read good runs that aren't too much longer than a stand alone book. Just take it one arc at a time.

thanks, that seems to be great

I already have that one

how about dr strange: beginnings and endings? anyone read that one? apparently, it's an origin story too

>You can read good runs that aren't too much longer than a stand alone book

I really want a completed story though, no runs. Thought about buying two books for my little brothers too so origin + standalone would be perfect

Dark Knight Returns has had 2 sequels and a prequel.

Honestly, there are a lot of arcs that are superior to most of those stand alone books I listed and can be fairly self contained.

Just something to consider.

>prequel

how the fuck did I miss that?

>there are a lot of arcs that are superior to most of those stand alone books I listed and can be fairly self contained

true that. it's just hard to find localized versions of some arcs unfortunately. has anyone here had experiences with Marvel Season One?

What is the difference between the old and new edition of Dark Knight Returns?

pic related

Superman for All Seasons

Daredevil Yellow
Daredevil Man Without Fear

Starman by Robinson
The Question by O'Neil

If you like Dr Doom, then these two are pretty good, and standalone

Silver Surfer Requiem

One of my big pet peeves is that besides Batman, every other character only gets one shots when DC wants to mess with their origin. So the vast majority of one shots are going to be Origins for characters.

Superman/Shazam First Thunder is pretty great. It's not an origin story, but it's a good introduction to Billy.

Ultimates, but stop reading before it turns to shit.

>ywn get this in live action
Feels bad, man.

>Marvel Season One
They are bland as fuck. Read the colour stories if you want modern revisions of silver age stories.

Spider-Man Blue is the best among them.

I liked Ed Brubaker's Catwoman

Green Arrow Year One. If they ever make a green arrow movie it should be based on Year one.