What a surprise!

What a surprise!

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conflate
youtube.com/watch?v=MCxjuXre3Dw
vgchartz.com/game/128887/dragon-ball-fusions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

seriously fuck the new marvel vs capcom, i'm sticking to 3 even though its shit too

im so god damn salty. why the fuck even make this.
shoulda just made fucking super ultimate mvc3. or some other hyper ultra name.
drop in mcu characters and whatever else capcom wants to push and call it a day.

>capcom driving their only remaining flagship into a brick wall while Dragonball Fighterz rescues the passengers

Because the engine and system mechanics are different in addition to the returning characters getting overhauled for the most part. I ain't even upset at the roster at this point. It could certainly be better, but all the characters look good and unique from a playstyle perspective.
This game's only real sin is its aesthetic which is supposedly getting patched on day 1, but we'll see how much that really fixes.

>X-fags still butthurt even when they are 99% guaranteed for DLC next year
>One DBFZ Shill in this thread thinking ArcSys are saints as if the characters unveiled so far for the game aren't homogenized rushdown archetypes.

Yep. What a surprise. A typical Sup Forums MvCI thread.

>DLC
>good
???

I can't believe that a Marvel vs. Capcom game with X, Sigma, and Jedah is leaving me feeling so bummed out. As much as I wanted them in, it wasn't worth losing so many good characters in the process.

3 is just straight-up not fun to play anymore. If you're gonna be a Mahvel snob, at least say you're gonna stick to 2. 1 is still my favorite

DBF's overinflated hype is going to be its own worst enemy come launch. It's not going to have the massive roster that DBfags or even Mahvelfags expect from a game like it, and it's not going to have the mechanical depth that ArcSysfags constantly gloat about for their games. Its only mark of merit is that it's pretty. Also, since it's an ArcSys game, expect annual installments that only add 3 new characters at best.

tl;dr DBF is a fucking meme, wait until the game comes out before you sing your high praises.

>DBF's overinflated hype is going to be its own worst enemy come launch.
Hardly. DBF's target audience is people that like DBZ, not people that like fighting games.

The kind of people dbf appeals to and are hyped for it, dont want a large roster though.

>people that like DBZ
And people that like DBZ don't want a 20-count roster of only the most popular characters.

>not people that like fighting games
Tell that to ArcSys's PR guys.

As someone who is excited for MvCi, I still love 3 and always will.

Yeah, the people who are buying that game care that it's DBZ and not that it's ArcSys. It will still see real competition just because of how many fgc people live DBZ. I hope they do a good job adding character variety.

>DBF isn't going to have a massive roster or the depth of an arcsys fighter
That means absolutely fucking nothing.

It'll sell like an NRS game thanks to the Dragonball license and actually looking like a decent fucking game and the FGC will stick with it for the same reason.

The only way DBF could possibly fail commercially is if they literally don't release it and the only way it'll fail in the FGC is if it somehow gets fewer entrants than Skullgirls (not a chance in hell)

Meanwhile MvCI is doing away with everything that the FGC wants in Mahvel (character variety, assists, 3v3, touch of death) and replacing it with shit that conjures up the specter of Capcom X Tekken, one of the worst fighting games in recent memory.

Not only that, their attempts to slow down the game and make it more accessible are completely undercut by the switch back to LK-HK LP-HP from the magic series.

While DBF is poised to please both casuals and hardcore fighting game fans, Mahvel is poised to please neither.

Have you been living in a bubble user?
99% of the praise the game gets is from fighting gamefags who have no idea what a licensed game is supposed to be about.

There have been plenty of DBZ games that appeal to DBZ fans, why would this be different in any way if it tried to appeal the exact same people?

>And people that like DBZ don't want...
Know what people that like DBZ want? A game that isn't tenkaichi for once. That's fucking it.

If you think they won't buy a game with a 20 person roster you're fucking delusional. Raging Burst had 20 characters from only saiyan-cell saga and it sold upwards of 2 million units.

>While DBF is poised to please both casuals and hardcore fighting game fans
Cool fucking giggle m8, literally nothing has impressed me about DBF aside from its visuals

Oh, sorry, I missed one VERY important thing.

Capcom was attempting to reach the NRS audience with the new Mahvel by having a story mode, but managed to fuck up the graphics and the story demo so bad that absolutely no one likes or cares about the Mahvel story mode.

This is a major fucking mis-step that may wind up dooming the game commercially. They needed that story mode to be fucking impressive and instead everyone already hates it.

cool story bro, great counterpoint

This. People need to shut the fuck up before this game crashes under its own hype. It looks fun for sure but the expectations for DBZF to be the greatest tag fighter of all time are getting out of control.

In the end I think the low expectations for MvC might work in its favor.

Can't counterpoint an argument that's designed to be biased in every way

>Know what people that like DBZ want? A game that isn't tenkaichi for once.
There's literally a fan project to make the "definitive" tenkaichi game. You have no idea what you're talking about. If anything the problem with DB games is that they try too many gimmicks.

>Meanwhile MvCI is doing away with everything that the FGC wants in Mahvel (character variety, assists, 3v3, touch of death)
Nobody liked watching movies in 3. The other stuff is till there except for 3v3. You just grasping.

>fans want a game that isn't tenkaichi for once
>There's literally a fan project to make the "definitive" tenkaichi game
I don't...

You realize those two statements have nothing to do with one another, right?

NRS's stories are already dogshit, so I don't see why anyone who likes Injustice would think Infinite's is bad aside from the visuals.

>I don't...
You don't what? Know how to type without sounding like a fruity bastard?

I assumed fans get into fan projects(there's more than 1 btw) for no profit because they wanted, but apparently there's this other reason only you know. Care to explain?

>the other stuff is there
Tiny roster of characters no one likes is not the character diversity mahvel fans want. No Magneto? No Wolverine? Nigga have you been following the CHARACTERS ARE FUNCTIONS meme?

>assists
100% gone, there are NO assists in Marvel Infinite. It is an active tag system ala Cross Tekken
>touch of death
Gone, combo scaling is high as fuck and most optimized combos seem to take 70-80 max. Infinite is gonna be all about them resets.

No, user, it's you who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Who in their right mind would defend capcom at this point anyway? Their contempt for you is plain.

Not to mention there's a fuckton of games that have nothing to do with tenkaichi, even if we stretch what we are refering to with tenkaichi.

I'm sorry, I just didn't expect to see someone stupid enough to conflate "fans" meaning the commercial base for this product at large and "fans" meaning a tiny group of die-hards that love a specific game.

You're a fucking moron, user.

The roster is underwhelming yes but it's not shit. It could be a lot worse. Like America Chavez worse.

We are still getting the Rider, Venom and DR1 Frank West. It could use more female characters, yes but DBFZ has what? Android 18 and Caulifla/Kale?.

>Nigga have you been following the CHARACTERS ARE FUNCTIONS meme?
Yes I have, Kappa, thank you very much. I also like the "what's your agenda" meme.
Also ToD is garbage and assists are glorified combo extenders, I can count the number of assists that are actually useful outside of combos on one hand.

im so glad to see firebrand its so good that a character who hasn't had a game since the snes is in this wow im so hyped and amazed

Capcom isn't relevant outside of Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil anymore. The other franchises are dead, bury them.

>Venom
I have some news for you, brother

It is a damn clone with the new characters just using old characters move. Nothing is unique or new about this. Graphics look like a damn app game, cloned moves and gameplay...nothing about this, not even the dumb gem system, makes this game worthwhile. It is a clone of 3 with shitty graphics and less popular characters due to Marvel's dumb embargo.

>I'm sorry, I just didn't expect to see someone stupid enough to conflate "fans" meaning the commercial base for this product at large and "fans" meaning a tiny group of die-hards that love a specific game.
>fans aren't fans
>this group of fans is bigger because I say so
>this group of fans that want something unlike what's being released despite DB still somehow selling
>all this assuming all games are like tenkaichi which is also false

Not only you have no clue about the DB fanbase, and the DB vg franchise but also don't make sense on your own.

>ToD is garbage and assists are glorified combo extenders
I agree 100%, I don't really like competitive Marvel or most airdashers because of ToD or incessant ambiguous resets, but that doesn't change the fact that it's what the player base wants and expects.

The fundamental gameplay changes they're making won't be enough to bring in a new audience but will be enough to piss off the audience they have.

saw it in the twitter post, i miss the cps2 games aesthetic so much

>fans aren't fans
I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to look up the word "conflate," because I know you won't just do it on your own.

Remember kids, if you don't know what a word means it's ok to ask. Don't just pretend you do.

>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conflate
>to bring together , combine
So I combined two things, fans of the DB games and....fans of the DB games? How is that a combination?
Are you sure you know the meaning of the words you use? Don't pretend you do. The only way it makes some sort of sense is that if we assume people who buy the DB games don't want another tenkaichi for once which is cotnradictory as explained on the other points you didn't adress while just making a circular argument and trying to look smart at that.

Frieza, stupid

>Frieza
>a girl
kaak

>only 5 newcomers so far
>2 of them are DLC

>implying anyone knows or cares about Budokai Tenkaichi "4"
About a thousand spanish dudes give a shit

>what is nostal/treevax's project

Your wanton, nay, boastful stupidity fuels me

Please keep going

>girls you don't like or can't fap to aren't girls
Comedy gold

>cutting all X-Men characters because Marvel doesn't own the film rights
>maybe...I repeat, maybe...charging people extra to play as them in the future

And you think people don't have a right to be mad?

>literally I was just pretending to be retarded

Going by google it's some French guy's pathetically failed attempt to get Raging Blast 3

Love the "in progress!" bar under "getting the fan power to force the company to make the game"

BTDubs DBZ has upwards of 200 million fans wordwide. Even assuming all the likes for that page are individual people that's less than .5%

No one in their right mind would consider it representative of the fans at large.

youtube.com/watch?v=MCxjuXre3Dw
>you will never go back to 2009/10 and see this for the first time again
>the hype between each trailer
>all the newcomers made the roster discussions so much more interesting
MvC3 was made with real passion
MvCI just feels like a lazy cash in

psst

look up conflate a second time

maybe read harder or look for more context

no X-men in a Marvel/Capcom crossover is like no Mario and Luigi in smash

>the game isn't made, therefore the fact that people want it being made doens't prove people want it being made
>is not a official project but its somehow supposed to be known by every single person who ever bought a DB game
>the fact that tenkaichi-like games sells mean people don't want them
You might be a special kind of retarded. At least you didn't give up like the other guy.

>I wont adress the counterarguments, look up this word that hasn othing to do with the discussion and you already looked up!

Actually it's more like no Pokemon in Smash

>duh duh so what if only a tiny fraction of people want it THAT'S ALL THE FANS
You're special, user.

Since you seem too retarded to understand a dictionary I'm going to spoonfeed you.

Conflating two things is when, usually in an argument, you combine two different meanings of a word into one.

So if one person says "the fans want a game that's not another tenkaichi" meaning the 200 million DBZ fans and another person says "no the fans are building a tenkaichi game" meaning ~100k people in a diaspora, that person has conflated the two meanings.

Your argument in a nutshell is that this tiny percentage of fans clearly like tenkaichi games so the 200 million people who like DBZ want that and not DBF.

That is fucking asinine and if you can't realize that you are literally retarded.

>he thinks 200 million people even know that DBF even exists, let alone that they'll all buy it

I heard that in Brawl if they didn't let Lucario be playable the TPC would take away all the Pokémon characters.

>duh duh so what if only a tiny fraction of people want it THAT'S ALL THE FANS
I never said every single fan supported that specific project. I only mentioned as a sample of tenkaichi like games getting support. Anyone who ever interacted with DB game fags(AKA not you) would know that its a pretty popular format and even if you didn't, the fact that those games sell should be indicating enough.

>So if one person says "the fans want a game that's not another tenkaichi" meaning the 200 million DBZ fans and another person says "no the fans are building a tenkaichi game" meaning ~100k people in a diaspora, that person has conflated the two meanings.
Except the discussion at hand is that the two groups aren't dissimilar. So mentioning this is just a circular argument. You have to prove the fans don't want a tenkaichi first and you're not doing a good job about it. You're just talking about what a word means and we're not arguing what conflating means. Seriously stop insisting on muh conflating.

>Your argument in a nutshell is that this tiny percentage of fans clearly like tenkaichi games so the 200 million people who like DBZ want that and not DBF.
I never said no one wants DBF, that's also false, stop putting words in my mouth. And yes, people want tenkaichi like games as seen by the fact they sell.

>That is fucking asinine and if you can't realize that you are literally retarded.
Says the guy who makes up facts, makes no consistent logic, makes circular arguments, doesn't adress counter arguments and still dares to claim the other side is retarded.

No, I think about 5-10 million people will buy DBF.

>All the trolling and damage control towards megaman fans

yeah, good times guys

That's a pretty generous number, I'd say 3-4 million tops.

>I never said every single fan supported that specific project
>stop putting words in my mouth
I think you may have short-term memory loss, user.

Go get triggered that people don't like tenkaichi elsewhere k?

>I think you may have short-term memory loss, user.
Quote me then. I mean if you aren't addressing any of the other points at least do that.

Capping this thread for when DBF sells 6 million units, taking a giant shit on every tenkaichi game.

That doesn't really matter though, even if it did happen. The only way to prove people don't want tenkaichi games is if those didn't sell and they did. Whether DBF sells more or not is irrelevant.

>even if you're right you're not right lel
Sup Forums, everybody

"DBF will sell more than tenkaichi" is not the same as "Tenkaichi doesn't sell".

vgchartz.com/game/128887/dragon-ball-fusions/
The last non tenkaichi game sold 0.4 million btw, a bit far from 6 milion.

What's the best Dragon Ball game currently out, anyway?

Xenoverse 2.

Budokai 3 for PS2

Budokai Tenkaichi 3/Raging Blast 2
Advanced Adventure
If you're into online there's Xenoverse 2

I have and love Budokai 3 and I've really been meaning to get into Xenoverse/2, but my computer is too shit for it. Damn.

Well, try AA, its pretty fun.

Though I haven't tried the DS and Wii vanilla DB games.

Tenkaichi Budokai 3

ArcSys can be trusted in making a game so everyone has high expectations.

Meanwhile in the last 5 years or so, game after game, Capcom managed to ruin every single franchise in their possession.

What are you babbling about, sRS?

>ArcSys can be trusted in making a game
By their dribbling fanboys, maybe. Every game since Calamity Trigger has had shit animation and terrible DLC models.
>inb4 "but Capcum has droney fans too, so ArcSys can't possibly have any!"

>Playing any MvC game above 2
you only have yourselves to blame

>not being a member of the Mahvel 1 master race
I pity you.

>no orange spongebob or golden spongebob
>no shadowspongebob
>no rollbob
Disgusting

>Casual retards talk about fighting games.

*80s metal plays in the background

They're called "secret characters" for a reason

NRS stories are way better written than what we've seen of MvCI trash story.

>Netherrealm will never get the Marvel IP and make an Injustice style fighter featuring Marvel characters and eventually a DC vs Marvel fighter

Why even live bros?

Nah senpai, Marvel characters would be weird with Injustice gameplay.

I prefer to keep Marvel and DC at Capcom and NRS respectively unless they crossover in a game developed by Capcom.

4 females in a 32 character roster

thats like dragon ball z level of girls

the only good female characters marvel has are X-Men

>18
>Videl

How do they get that many?

Neat, now do a Gargoyle's Quest comic!

Does Marvel have any writers/illustrators that could successfully capture the feeling of another world and non-human characters?

So a basic side to an argument then? You're retarded.

You want to know how I know you don't watch Dragonball?
>Bulma
>Chi Chi
>Fanfan
>Zangya
>Caulifla
>Kale
>Cus
and that's just off the top of my head

>responding several hours later
wew

>1 is still my favorite

>Bulma fighting
Doubt

It's not just expectations, people were playing the game at E3 and EVO, it's not like we're just going off gameplay trailers and demonstrations.

>X-fags still butthurt even when they are 99% guaranteed for DLC next year

Keep thinking that, champ.

You're right that Bulma wouldn't be fighting, and that's the main flaw with DB, the goddamn power creep. It'd be fucking great if she got to fight with some crazy Capsule Corp gadgets.

Pretty much everyone who went to EVO and played both games said that Marvel had better mechanics overall.