youtube.com/watch?v=QswFm2rvSY8
youtube.com/watch?v=24IPGst-XIs
youtube.com/watch?v=KbXrTqspSDY
youtu.be/WQvzoY9SaQY
youtube.com/watch?v=aQ79AqEtHXo
youtu.be/_K3MK3rm_Uw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The coolest company in the world.

Back when I was a wee lad it was the only thing to watch that could satisfy my foot fetish.

Wild n Crazy Kids FTW

Canadian cartoons, mostly. Once the Nicktoons era hit it was one cool fucking studio.

Loved going there when we hit up Orlando during the summer.
Great. Then someone decided all kids should be covered in bubblewrap and it went to hell.

>Wild n Crazy Kids
>Nickelodeon Guts
>Legends of the Hidden Temple
>Salute Your Shorts
>Double Dare
>Get The Picture
>Inspector Gadget
>David the Gnome
>'Lil Bits
>Hey Dude
>Count Duckulq
>What Would You Do
>Doug
>Hey Arnold
>Ren And Stimpy
>Rugrats
>Rocko's Modern Life

Did I forget any other GOAT's?

Did they ever open that time capsule yet? I know there's a gameboy in there.

I remember they used to air this U2 concert film a lot

They used to really try

Everything they did was for huge self promotion and they had lots of live events and traveling events like Nick takes over your school. Filming of their shows in other cities that people could to go see, and huge promotions for new shows in other towns.

They tried to be a youth culture and not just a channel.

it tried to trick me into eating toothpaste on crackers, OP

I still remember the You Can't Do That on Television caveman skits fondly.

I never liked Pete and Pete, but you forgot that.

They used to show the Grimm's Fairy Tales anime during the early morning block of programming for little kids. There's a bondage scene where the witch tries to kill ether snow white or sleeping beauty by over tightening her corset. Didn't learn what fan service was until about a decade later.

They turned Cuban political imprisonment and execution into a routine sketch.

The detention ones with the skeletons chained to the walls was good too.

Which one was the one with videogame challenges where you competed in "Paperboy" Arcade?

That part was actually in the original tale

I just laughed in the bathroom at work you fucker

Nick Arcade

You grew up in a city or on a farm, didn't you?

Huh. I don't remember the Cinderella episode but I bet they omitted the part where the evil step sisters cut off their heels and toes to fit their foot into the glass slipper.

Kablam!

Or did that came later?
I loved all the short cartoons they had.

Doesn't hold up. However, he did forget Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, The Angry Beavers, and CatDog. Stupid cunt.

I remember a kid game show with a lot of slime.

attractionsmagazine.com/nickelodeon-time-capsule-moved-new-studio-california/

It's been moved a couple of times.

Old Nick only ran for 12 hours a day and had a lot of imported cartoon.

Kablam was my favorite nicktoon, next to spongebob. It's also one i wouldn't mind seeing come back, since henry and june stuff could be adaptable to any new shorts and pilots or even to introduce other shows on the channel. It doesn't have to have the old shorts.

Are you talking about that show where two worms are riding on a book into different Grimm's fairytails?

>Forgetting Are you Afraid of the Dark

I hope the spooky skeletons get you.

Doesn't ring a bell, it was this show.
youtube.com/watch?v=QswFm2rvSY8

The first thing the evil queen tried in Snow White was to give her a cursed corset that would tighten until she suffocated

Wonderful World of Richard Scarry

Figure it Out?

Oh shit, Haim Saban (as in Power Rangers Saban) did the music for this back when he was starting out in the music industry.

Nope I just found it. It was Uh Oh!
I'm Canadian and assumed it came from Nick but it's looks like it's originally from YTV.
youtube.com/watch?v=24IPGst-XIs

Nick Jr had 4 anime shows which is part of the reason there was an anime boom in the 90s because people were watching it very young

Noozles
Adventures of the Little Koala
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics
Maya the Bee

I still think they kept the scene in asl fan service, the anime wasn't 100% faithful to the stories. In the wonderful travelers adaptation the super fast guy just wore a big boot instead of taking his leg off.

>Maya the Bee
Shit nigger, I'm hearing the theme song in my head

MAAAAAYA MAYA THE BEE!

>Are you Afraid of the Dark

So many evil clowns.

It catered to all age groups and had variety. The corporate minds of the 80s and 90s had a nice balance to things unlike now where Nicks number one priority is SpongeBob and trying to find the next SpongeBob.

youtube.com/watch?v=KbXrTqspSDY

channel had a ton of character even outside of the shows.

Sure and each time you see a bare foot on screen it is specifically to pander to footfags

Eh, I guess I could be reading into things too deeply. That scene was pretty shocking to see at like 5 years old so it stuck with me.

it had more than those 4. like the little bits and mysterious cities of gold. there was other anime was on tv in the 80's, like robotech

>The Muppet Show re-runs marked the end of Nickelodeon and into Nick at Nite with reruns of I Dream of Genie and Andy Griffith Show.

I miss old Nick at Nite bragging about its ancient 50s reruns. You know what made this channel great? Mr. Ed. Father Knows Best. Susie starring Ann Sothern. Maybe if you want color, SCTV or half a Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In.

Sounds glorious

i like dollarlodeon better

Stick Stickly showed up on Nick right around the time I hit puberty and I ended up with the most insane crush on him. That's right, my first husbando was a fucking popsicle-skeleton. Fuck you Nickelodeon.

Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, and others.

We've all got our odd waifus or husbandos.

Jimmy Neutron, CatDog, Rugrats, Danny Phantom, Fairly OddParents, Teenage Robot, Drake and Josh, The Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power, Hey Arnold!, ChalkZone, All Grown Up!, Ned's Declassified, Zoey 101 (didn't like that one), Avatar (didn't like that one until recently), Catscratch, Yakkity Yak, Tiny Toon Adventures, Doug, All That, Unfabulous (didnt watch that one), Romeo! (didn't watch it either), Kenan and Kel, SpongeBob, and The Amanda Show

>nig-nig-nig-nig-nig-nig-nig-nig
>nig-elo-deon
>nig is for kids

Didn't it used to air Pinwheel as frequently as it currently airs Spongebob?

Tiny Toon Adventures aired reruns on Nick for many years and it's one of the top 10 best 90s cartoons in my opinion. It had more content than 70-80% of 90s cartoons

It was buried in 1992 and will be opened in 2042.

I grew up in a small suburban town. I think I just hatedbit because I was a little kid.

Who else wanted to try the GUTS challenges as a kid?

If i were to "find" a large file of Nickelodeon magazines scans, what would be the best way to share them?

I wanted to climb the Aggro Crag and get to the top

MySpleen or just upload them to MEGA and share the files with Sup Forums

I wasn't into sports as a kid, I was into "general play". But GUTS hit that balance between sports and screwing around on an obstacle course that appealed to everyone.

Though I think I'd rather be the guy at the top of the Agrocrag, chucking foam boulders at 11 year-olds that just want to win a Nintendo and a Huffy.

I always thought about being on one of the GaS shows and had the fear I would embarrass myself on TV by messing up the challenge, taking too long, going the wrong way on obstacles, etc .so I never really had the desire.

Even that one show where all you do is fuck up the house to find a tiny item, I was afraid I would not notice it when it was right in front of me and look really stupid.

Legends of the Hidden Temple was the one I wanted to do the most, because I felt like I was the only kid in the world who could actually conquer the Shrine of the Silver Monkey (was every kid who made it to the temple run fuckin braindead?).

Write to me
Stick Stickley
P.O. Box 963
New York City, New York State

I can't even remember some of my family's birthdays but I remember that fucking jingle.

He has a special place in my heart just because i owned this lamp for about a decade. I still consider him the mascot of Nickelodeon.

>He has a special place in my heart just because i owned this lamp for about a decade

How did you even get a Stick Stickly lamp in the first place?

there were a few that breezed through it and it wasn't as satisfying as you'd think
adversity makes things interesting

Eureeka'so Castle. I hated that fucking show

I loved it but I can't remember why, and I'm sure if I go back to it it won't be as good

Assuming whatever megacorporate entity owns Nickelodeon at the time will give enough of a shit to bother.

Looks like that user works for Nick

OR GO TO NICK DOT COOOOOOOOOOOOOM

>the Shrine of the Silver Monkey (was every kid who made it to the temple run fuckin braindead?).

That part of the temple runs always made my blood boil as a kid. I mean, I can understand the part where the kids can't see the monkey parts above the doors, because they're short and don't have the sort of vantage point the audience does. But Jesus Christ, when it came to assembling the monkey statue...

>Duhhhh how do I assemble monkey?
>Does it go torso, then head, then legs?
>Or is it legs, head, torso?
>UH OH TIMES UP

Every fucking time.

Did GUTS have the game where you bungee jump and try to grab different colored balls or was that a different show?

In case any young fags in the thread don't know wtf the Shrine of the Silver Monkey was...

youtu.be/WQvzoY9SaQY

WTF IS WRONG WITH THEM! IT'S SO EASY!

I only remember always having the lamp, never when it showed up. My mother has a lot of friends who are producers or HR people in studios over the years, so for all I know, it could have been a gift. I also remember having an autographed Madeline and Inspector Gadget photo back when the movies came out, too.

The plastic lamp part ripped ages ago though, so we eventually threw it out.

I'll always remember the Nickelodeon Magazine Please commercials

One of the best networks. I started out the day with David the Gnome, then moved on to Eurika's Castle and Busy World of Richard Scary. Other good shows were Weinerville and then they added Ren & Stimpy, which was a big game changer at the time. The network gained a bit of a reputation with that. Then there was Are you Afraid of the Dark?, Legends of the Hidden Temple, a few other cool game shows like Global Gutz, some live action shows like Hey Dude and Pete and Pete. Live Action shows kinda faded away gradually as more Nicktoons appeared, but reruns of the live action shows continued for ages.

The network went to shit around the time shows like Catdog and Chalk Zone appeared, which were garbage compared to earlier show. Sponge Bob and Fairly Odd Parents were when the network really shit the bed and died though.

Also I don't know why shows like Hey Arnold get so much hype when Nick had better cartoons that we'll pronably never see again.

youtube.com/watch?v=aQ79AqEtHXo
Catchy.

When it first started?

It interactive, based on a very unique cable system Time Warner made and releaesd in select markets. It was modeled after Sesame Street, I kid you not.

youtu.be/_K3MK3rm_Uw

It was a pioneer in Cable/On Demand

Keep in mind that's from the late 70s/early 80s, when the network just started

>Also I don't know why shows like Hey Arnold get so much hype when Nick had better cartoons that we'll pronably never see again.

Stop being so jealous Doug.

they're owned by MTV Networks, which is owned by Viacom, which I believe is currently owned by Comcast

they just need one person in charge to be convinced by a blog post or a hashtag to have their underlings find it and bring it to him

I miss it Sup Forums.

Those old 80 and 90s bumpers were amazing.

Please do this
I could do with some nostalgia

Early Nickelodeon was cheap as shit. Like, really, really cheap. They were a D-list network that just scraped together whatever kid's shows it could get cheap, usually random Canadian shit, cheap syndicated shows like Flipper, or gameshows with sets that look like they were thrown together with leftover playground parts (Double Dare).

They didn't really become a major thing until 1990, when Nick studios opened and they cranked up production of original kidcoms (a fun game: see how many other Nick shows you can find setpieces from Clarissa Explains It All in). Even after they struck gold with the Nicktoons, they still kept up the "we're dirt poor" shtick with things like Stick Stickly. Kids are stupid, so if you show commercials telling them how exciting Space Cases and Shelby Woo are, they won't notice that they look like they were filmed by someone who has no idea what they're doing.

That's kind of what early Nick was. A network that sold itself entirely on its brand.

I'm 21, a lot younger than some anons here.

To me, "old Nick" was early-mid 2000s Nick, when they had Ned's Declassified, Jimmy Neutron, Rocket Power, early Fairly Oddparents, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, the later seasons of Hey arnold, Invader Zim, pre-movie SpongeBob, Drake and Josh, My Life as a Teenage Robot, still had reruns of 90s shows, etc.

Before they started airing crap around 2007+ like the Naked Brothers Band, season 5+ SpongeBob, Back to the Barnyard, Tak and the power of juju, Fanboy and chum chum, Planet sheen, etc.

bump

Viacom is owned by National Amusements. Comcast owns NBC Universal.

Nick at Nite when it was made up of shows from the 50s 60s and 70s was great. Does anyone even watch Nick at Nite these days?

A fucking sweet channel from '77 to '06, that year was the year where they started to suck, they started airing shit like Naked Brothers Band, Schuriken Shool, Holly Hobby and Friends, Tak, post season 4 Spongebob, Mighty b, etc, but they recently have been expriencing a resurgence with them announcing tv movies based off of classic properites like Hey Arnold! and Invader Zim, and shows like Welcome to the Wayne and Loud House

All y'all niggas is newfags. Even the ones who don't think they're newfags are newfags.

I remember the Lassie/Flipper hour. I always watched Lassie with my great-grandmother but that fucking dolphin was lame and I'd peace out to go play in the dirt.

Mighty B and Tak was pretty good. You know what else was pretty good? Mr. Meaty

Wild N Crazy Kids Hosted by Omar gooding.

Mystery Files Of Shelby Woo
Pete And Pete
Secret World Of Alex Mack
Roundhouse
Animorphs.

how in the fuck can sombody forget catdog of all shows user

Eureka's Castle

The reason why Nick began sucking around 2005-2007 is that the end of 2005 is when the original Viacom became CBS Corporation and a new Viacom was created as a spin-off. Cyma Zarghami took over as the new president of Nick as part of the management shakeup, and spammed nothing but endless SpongeBob reruns while treating other shows poorly. Also, Nick Studios closed down in 05 (R.I.P.).