Buy trade for $15

>buy trade for $15
>finish it in 15-20 minutes

how do you guys afford this hobby? I liked Empress, but every time I buy a trade I feel slightly ripped off

Sounds like you're just reading it for the story, try and appreciate the visual storytelling. It takes me at least 10mins to read one issue

I pirate everything new and only buy good stuff later on.
I also take the time to enjoy the whole work, not just the words.
If I wanted books, I'd buy books.

You do have to careful what you buy, personally I prefer buying from Book and Comic stores because I see how much i'm getting. Generally go for bigger stuff, like all of Planetary for around £45.

I'm a wagecuck, I can pay it but have no time for reading it :(

Nothing's stopping you from enjoying a comic trade more than once.

stop buying modern marvel

true, but I've also read House of Suns multiple times and it's been a much more satisfying experience

Either you're a master speedreader, or you're almost not reading at all if you get through a trade in 15 minutes.

What's it about?

Humanity starts expanding out to the stars in slower-than-lightspeed ships. At the same time, groups of individuals make mass clones of themselves called shardlings with infinite lifespans and follow humanity along the way. Six million years later, the Shardlings have a big family reunion and find out that their buddies were up to some shady shit that involved wiping out an entire alien civilization, and they've got to stop a couple of sentient robots among them from telling their friends about it and wiping out all of post-humanity

By not paying MSRP? InStockTrades sells all trades for 42-50% off.

>finishing a trade in 15 minutes
what

a floppy in 10-15 minutes, yeah, but a trade?

/thread

I think Amazon Prime has a similar discount rate? Not as much as InStockTrades, but it's certainly much less expensive than going to a Barnes and Noble or LCS and buying the trade off the shelf.

But I've been getting most of my TPBs from IST. Only reason I'm using Amazon is because IST's delivery date is unpredictable and I'm moving in a few weeks so I'm just doing what can be confirmed.

Amazon's packaging is a fucking travesty though. I wouldn't order anything expensive/hardcover from them ever.

So, don't buy. Here's a trick that works flawlessly:

>Go to say, Barnes & Noble, with a backpack/messenger bag/laptop in a case. >Grab a couple magazines, a couple trades/graphic novels (or even regular books, if you want - works for that as well). Be sure to also grab books that you don't want. You'll see why.
>Take them to the cafe, and put them on a table.
>Go grab a cup of coffee, or a soda from the cafe, and take it back to your table.
>It works best from here if you pull out a notebook or your laptop, as though you're about to be working on something.
>Flip through the magazine, put it aside.
>Flip through the book you really want to take with you. You're going to pretend you're reading, but you're really just making sure the anti-theft tag (it's a tiny slip of paper with metal in it) isn't present.
>if you find the tag, slip it out. Again, it's tiny, so it's easy to ditch.
>Slowly finish your drink. The idea is to be nonchalant. You're one of those douches who goes to the cafe and reads books in the store.
>Put your notebook or laptop back in your bag, along with whatever book you're taking home with you.
>Throw away your drink, and leave your remaining books (and magazine) in the same pile on top of the trash cans that everyone else uses (you'll see it when you get there).
>Walk Right Through The Door

You just got a free trade or three, and the best part is, if you don't like them, you can exchange them later at a different store location for store credit. Or, if you really just want to maximize your gains, grab something like the Six Sigma manual from the business section, instead of anything else. You return that without the receipt, and that's $130 store credit, no questions asked.

>t. bookstore manager

you fucked up your meme arrows but that's interesting content

If you're going to steal then just pirate. No reason to come up with some convoluted scheme like an underage delinquent. Or get a fucking job.

Thanks for the tip. The only problem is that i buy comics specifically to support my lcs and the companies who make them. But this seems like a great way to read marvel while simultaneously fucking them over

This is a tip for those who enjoy the fun of a shoplift, or don't want to work. Piracy doesn't put titles on your shelf, silly.

That's why you do this at a corporate bookstore, instead of your lcs. It's good for backfilling your shelves on the cheap.

That's because this comic sucked user. Imagine how the people who paid 4 bucks an issue felt.

He's not talking about the quality of the book, you baka.

Recently B&N has been doing a lot more sales for the Big 2, just last month they had a Buy 2 get 1 free for marvel then the same sale for Dc and online they usually have them for at least 30% off

This, it takes me up to 15 minutes just to read a single text heavy floppy.