Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RogersBase/status/892453872333078529
youtube.com/watch?v=YGJlMELI3lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

twitter.com/RogersBase/status/892453872333078529

Petey btfo

Based vera

youtube.com/watch?v=YGJlMELI3lg

I know you guys here on Sup Forums arent sentimental at all but I just wanted to write

Spider-Man's been my number one favorite hero of all time, ever since I was kid living temporarily in Italy; watching The Animated Series from the 90's. You could imagine my absolute reaction to seeing Raimi's first movie. Panini Comics was publishing anthologies of Spider-Man (If an user could tell me if theyre still making these, I'd appricate it), and I bought 17 volumes of them. Through thick and thin, I read Spider-Man. Fuck, I'm still reading Dan Slott's stuff nearly a decade later. I just love Spider-Man, guys. Hopefully one day I get to work on him.

Just wanted to share this with you anons

Rivera is great, my favourite modern spidey artist.

Based One Piece man

What a loving relationship.

I might actually start reading comics again if they put him as the artist on the Spidey series.

I really hope Marvel starts focusing it's talent on the big books again.

Me too pal, I loved Spider-Man as a kid, i still like him. My first comic books were Ultimate Spider-Man and i didn't even had internet back then, i live in Russia so it was really fucking hard to find those around, me and my brother used to go around town's newspaper stall's looking for them. And i got really fucked then we finally found 616 Spider-Man, because the most recent story arc that was published was that "Gwen fucked Gobbie" thing, and we bought all 6 books. After we got internet we downloaded whole Ultimate Spidy from the begining and read them together. I miss those times, i miss my bro.

Thanks for sharing user, Don't give up!

And Ultimate Spidey was too good for Ultimate universe.

I look at this page and find it crazy that there are people in the business - including some reputable writers - who thought this was a mistake and that Peter never finding true love is ideal.

It really boggles me too, I remember picking up Brand New Day when I moved back to the states and I was confused as hell. The realization and anger set in the next few years though.

thank you for sharing, Ruski user. That story sounds comfy as hell.

user i love Spidey too but i cant bring myself to buy modern ASM, after OMD Peter just felt like a different character all the way trough, like 30 years of character development just disapeard and has been stuck in some loop, its kind of stupid how Marvel still is afraid of aging peter up since they are still trying to push this Spider-family BS

Still wating for this to happen

Spider-Man Rebirth when

When they pry the series from slotts cold dead hands

As long as Quesada and Slott are still at Marvel, never.

We have to hire a assassin, this immature never allowed to mentally grow up Spidey has gone on to far enough.

>Yay Ultimate finally getting cancelled due to lack of interest
>Oh cool a new Spidey show, I wonder what they going to do-
>Dan Slott close on the project
>Quesada leading the charge and cameoing, meaning no MJ, we will probably get Michelle who will likely be a massive bitch.
>Peter is at a super genius high school
>Multiple Web Slingers, including Miles and Gwenn

DAMN YOU MONKEY'S PAW!

>double trips
Checked!
Also, do you got more Spidey reaction images?

I don't even understand how they can consider this a Spider family. Say what you will about the Bat family, but they got that dynamic right.

No matter how many members get added to the Bat family, Bruce is always the oldest, most successful, and most experienced crime fighter.
No matter how many robins and batgirls get added to the mix, that never changes. The only one who comes close to Bruce is Dick.

That should be what the Spider family is.
Peter is the oldest, the mentor. The one the other Spiders, even if they don't necessarily look up to, at least respect. Not shit all over him every chance they get.

Peter should not be fangirling over teenage super heroes that have done fuck all. They should be in awe of Peter.
Peter is at the point where, when he makes a suggestion, other heroes at least consider it as a valid option and not putting their face in their palms because "Spider-Man is being a retard again".
Peter's lovelife should be at the point where he puts his focus on only a few women (Preferably Felicia and MJ) instead of a new girl every week like a man in his 20's.

Miles should Peter's sidekick, not "The other Spider-Man who's perfect and does no wrong". You're a guest in Peter's world, not the other way around. Pick a new name, shadow him, and learn something.
Silk needs to stop being such a fucking cunt to him for no reason.
Gwen should be the goddamn Batgirl in this family. Hell, she's even a legal age college student so it's not creepy if they bang.
Kaine...Kaine is fine where he is.
And that Ben clone shouldn't exist.

The have spider characters in highschool, college, and doing shit at the daily bugle. Let Peter be the goddamn adult.

Yes I do

The problem is, writers self-insert themselves as Peter, not making Peter relatable to the reader.

By the way, what the hell happened to MJ's skin-changing firefighter boyfriend, did they just decide he never existed because on how bland and forgettable he was?

God you've hit EVERYTHING on the damn point; good shit user
>have a concept of Spider-Gwen becoming a college junior and falling in love with 616 Peter by accident
>end up with short term relationship cause fuck its kinda wrong but goddamn if they arent lovesick as they are for each other

I'm okay with Ben29, just make him like he was supposed to be; the happy spider-man compared to the broody family man Peter was at the time.

Also where the fuck is Anya?

We just havent had the right luck of a good self-insert, huh

Probably.
Of course it could also be the Mephisto thing. Part of the deal is that Peter and MJ get to go through life feeling like a piece of them is missing.
It's entirely possible that Peter and MJ are cursed. Cursed to never find lasting happiness with others because they're meant to be together, while also feeling cold and even resentful towards one another for reasons they can't comprehend.
I guess they needed a lore reason for Peter to always be alone and miserable.

I hope we get the glowing eyes/logo in Infinity War and beyond, the new Iron Spider would look great with it

This may seem a bit unfair but I just don't like Spider-Man: Homecoming because to me it encourages the Dan Slott version of Spider-Man. I know the circumstances and all are different but I just can't shake the feeling that it's going for that same sort of appeal in a way.

Why Peter can't have good fights nowadays? I remember worthy Thing trashed him like nothing.

>Gwen should be the goddamn Batgirl in this family. Hell, she's even a legal age college student so it's not creepy if they bang.

She came from another universe, there is no reason for her to stay in peter universe. She got her own problems to deal with.

It seriously felt like that to you? Weird. I had a feeling just like others that it was influenced or taking things from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics but that's just probably because I noly played the Ultimate Spider-Man game and never read a Dan Slott run since people here kept saying he sucks and his run sucks but tried out the 2014 run and still currently reading it at the moment.

I'm with you guys too but I'll be honest, after watching ASM2 I don't know what happened but I took a break from loving Spider-Man to just liking him. I probably got tired of the reboots and all but after seeing Homecoming, it made me love the character again and made me want to try reading his stories since I usually just watched his animated shows back then as a kid. I know not many people here didn't like it so I may get hate but I'll just deal with it.

How would Horikoshi write Spider Man if he got the opportunity to do a full series for him?

There will be a-lot of crying from peter. He will be probably written as the barrage kid from his older works or that tintin character.

What if he wrote him like Deku in an Ultimate Spider Man reboot?

Would you read a one-shot/mini where regular Pete faces off against Zombie Spider-Man (Marvel Zombies Earth)?

I think it could work in the tone/atmosphere of the last Marvel Knights they did (except with an actual plot ofc). Imagine a really twisted scenario where Zombie Pete stalks 616 and kidnaps him/his allies, at the same time struggling with his hunger. Zombie Spidey's always been the most unwilling monster of that universe, but also totally demented and unstoppable. It'd put regular Peter totally on edge and force to him against someone who never gives up, like him.

Yes, i would watch it

I wonder if sandman going in it...

any pastebins with all the spider man comics and shit like how the star wars threads have em?

I got into Spidey thanks to the 90's show, and it's still my absolute favorite Spidey show. After that I went to the library and started reading the JMS trades, and fell in love. I've gone back and read some of the classic stuff, but the JMS/JRJR run will always be my favorite.

My brother and I started buying ASM during Back in Black, and that was great. I was a dumb teenager when OMD was happening, so I really didn't understand what was happening, but I definitely didn't like what I was seeing.
I continued to buy the comic, even when my brother stopped reading. Brand new days had some good stories like new ways to die and grim hunt but a lot more shitty ones. I liked most of what Slott was doing with Big Time, but I stopped as soon as #700 came out, and swore I wouldn't buy a Spider-Man comic until Peter came back. Didn't like Superior at all because the only reason it worked was everyone was retarded. Bought ASM volume 3, #1, but I saw Slott's writing hadn't improved at all. Dropped it as soon as Spider-Verse ended and I haven't bought it since.

At least I have Renew your vows now.

So how do you guys feel about the Nick Spencer rumor?

Personally, I'm fine with it. I loved Superior Foes and thought his Ant-Man was really fun too.

I've actually thought Secret empire has been fairly decent aside from the bullshit twists every issue that never get resolved, but still.
He's an asshole on twitter, but as long as he can keep that separate from his work, I'll be fine.

Also, gonna dump some photos I took of a new action figure I got

It misses a lot of the pathos behind younger 616 Peter. It'll probably grow on me as the series expands, but it doesn't feel like the adaptation our boy in blue and red deserves.

I didn't like it either. It's a good movie, but a bad Spider-Man movie.

At least the Vulture was great

Spidey and the Gobby is still one of my all time favorite rivalries.

>JJJ
>No mustache
no sir I do not like it

A bit of context if anyone needs it: That's from the issue of Robbie Thompson's Spidey where Peter and Steve team up. The next day, Steve sees an article in the Daily Bugle accusing Spider-Man of fighting alongside AIM, then pays JJJ a visit to call him an asshole and demand that he rewrite the article. JJJ also shaves off his moustache afterwards.

Literally just Deku in 5 years

>That feeling when you once thought Pete and Carol would have been great together because she can kick him in the ass and get him serious and he can act as a means of restraint when she gets a bit overboard.

I still do... a little bit. even if its so stupid now, just look at the at picture, reverse pete and carol and cut out the others and you have him having a stubborn pout about something her giving him the business.

I'm the same way, I grew up on Spidey but Homecoming completely reignited my love of the webhead,
I loved the original films, I even liked TASM, but this was the perfect representation of what I imagined Spiderman to be as a kid, and he had a really strong "heroes journey" arc through the movie that just made it a classic for me, and I'm a sucker for those

Now just give me Mysterio and the thick raised webbing like Tobeys suit

Spider-Man is a lot of things to a lot of people, and he's a really important character to me. I found a lot of the most important aspects of the character lacking in the film, but it was a good film and I'm glad to see it get people passionate about the character again.

What. Why did she puke?

Because she came to the realization that she was turned on by and was actively trying to seduce a 15 year old kid.

Here's some OC stuff I did back in June. Still learning how shit works with perspective and scale and other stuff so I've adapted to drawing people more boxy than I should

Top kek, you need to be over 18 to post on this site

Hey man, He is trying.

Drawing is hard thing to do.

I am me dude. I just got a shit art style.

SPIDER-BLOOD
SPIDER-BLOOD
RADIOACTIVE
SPIDER-BLOOD