Jerry Discussion

Why does jerry deserve to be shat on?

A better question is what should jerry be doing to fix his current situtation?

I understand he makes mistakes and is cowardly sometimes, but I am wondering what someone in jerry's situation should do. His wife doesn't love him, her father is clearly out to get him, he has no friends, he isn't smart, and has to deal with his kids almost dying on daily basis.

The show is clearly saying that he should in some way MAN UP. But if you were in Jerry's situation right now what would you do?

He is stupid, he has no balls and he is a failure.

If you were in Jerry's position what would you do?

I think it relates to what Morty said in the Blooddome: he needs to say what he feels. He needs to stand up to Beth's hypocrisy, he needs to be honest with himself AND his kids instead of hiding it all in fear of not being liked. Basically, he needs to find his own self-esteem, and I'm fairly sure that whatever creature is following him (if there is one) will be the catalyst for this change.

Find a job season ago.

Because he's a man and not an ally.

What does it mean when you say

>> not an ally

If even Morty has bigger balls than Jerry that's something he should think about.

everything youve listed, his wife and rick hating him and having no friends, are his own fault, nobody has to like someone just because, he has to have a personality that people want to be around

This. Jerry needs to take his nuts out of storage.

Jerry needs to make VERY SMALL strides. Start with finding his own self esteem (if you don't like you, why would anyone else?) He needs to get a job somewhere like whole foods, where he can make small accomplishments to make him self feel lke a productive person, where Beth can "run in" to him and see he has (idiot) friends who value him. HOWEVER, Beth is a catch and soon there will be men trying to get that, I think it will be good for Beth to get laid, but she will eventually go back to Jerry/Jerry type when she is hurt by the endless sea of assholes that men comprise. That being said, I love how pathetic Jerry is and I don't want to lose that, but Beth won't get back with him unless he changes as a person, so I like where this is heading. JERRY ADENTURE WHEN???

*ADVENTURE

I don't think Beth ever needs to get back with Jerry. I feel like everyone in this thread is valueing Jerry based on what he can do for others and never questions what others have done for him. I feel that ever since rick moved in his entire family have grown colder and colder toward him. Since the beginning he had the label loser on his head and everyone was watching to see how he would fail. Usually if this is a group of friends you say goodbye and surround yourself with people who bolster yourself esteem and help you move up in life, but when its your immediate family and kids...

Why do you need to "deserve" to get made fun of?

He should kill them.

-Begs his daughter for money.
-Leaves wife in life or death situations on her own (Cronenberg universe Jerry was an exception) constantly
-Ignores and treats kids like shit when there's no emotional benefit for him.
-Acts as if he's the patriarch of the family even though he makes no money and treats kids like shit.
-Spineless, refuses to enter conflict and the few times he did he had no backbone to stand his ground and just folded instantly when confronted.
-Tried to sell out Rick even though he has solicited Rick's science shit multiple times, and not only has Rick has saved his life MULTIPLE times, Rick has intervened in several scenarios where if Rick was not present everyone would be dead (the 'Show Me What You Got' aliens would have destroyed earth for sure).

The only time he's been in the right was his parents weird cuckolding.

People making fun of a person will always highlight that persons flaws and show constrast with their own personal strengths in an effort to say that:

>>We aren't making fun of them for NOOOOOOO reason. They asked for it.

My problem with this is that it is clear that everyone has problems in this episode. But why are Jerry's problems valued less. If any normal person was in Jerry's shoes they might have full on depression and sucidal thoughts but my man is trucking through the abuse.

>that gif
What fresh hell is this?

Thus far in the series, he has manned up twice. The first time was when he told the truth to the Plutonians. The second time, however, was when he held a gun at a surgeon and demanded his penis be used as a replacement heart just because.. it would make him feel good about himself. Is him manning up really a good thing?

He should pull a Lars

>if you don't like you, why would anyone else?
F-fuck you, user.

Because Jerry needs to be shat on for his own good. We've seen multiple episodes that give evidence to the fact that the only reason Jerry is such a pussy is because he's been living life on easy mode. He got married and had kids at a young age, so he never had to worry about trying to attract a mate. His wife has a high paying job, so he's never had to worry much about his career. The reason Rick walks all over him is because he just isn't equipped to stand up for himself.

In realities where he doesn't get married, he never falls into this slump and ends up successful. In the reality that Rick destroyed, he rose to challenge and ended up successful. Jerry just really needs the adversity in his life so he can grow.

He did, that's what caused the divorce.

Find a job
It's not that fucking hard

Well, maybe Jerry's just a piece of shit, then

The idea that mockery is so injurious that it needs to be "justified" morally, as if it were physical force, is complete horseshit.

The only justification you need to mock someone is the fact that you want to mock them.

lego treadmill

The role of a father is to take charge of your family and steer their direction onto a positive course. I can understand how Jerry might feel helpless when Rick constantly takes Morty on an adventure, but Rick actually tampers with the family structure almost never and aside from the negative comment here and there, actually leaves Jerry alone for the most part. Now, any person of normal or at least slightly lower normal intelligence and drive would attempt to connect with Rick and use his intellect to better his position in life. I mean, he could ask rick to help him get money, or improve his career in some way. But no, he sits around all day playing games on his apps and pestering his wife and kids instead of anything worthwhile. He only ever asks Rick for help with stupid shit, like the dog episode, his golf swing etc. He never really gave Rick a chance from the beginning, just "Get your father out of the house, put him in a home" its like Dan Harmon said, Jerry means well, but he thinks that meaning well in enough.

Very true, Jerry does great without beth, but beth sucks without Jerry

Morty is stupid, a failure, but still manages to stick up to Rick and somehow be successful in situations when the going gets tough.

Leading that primitive tribe in the micro-mini-teeni-verse for example.

Need a hug, buddy?

White Male.

This post smells of roast.

To be honest beth is a high strung bitch who no one could put up with. While jerry is pathetic and weird in his interests Beth is just boring. Past being a horse surgeon she isn't even really a person. She just pretends that she is because she used to be once. The whole thing about their relationship is that they were just as bad.
It's sad, I would have called you out saying Beth will improve and not Jerry. We have evidence is does/would and could. However, the show is pushing this plot where the literal universe is against him now. Nature itself wants him to be poor.
I don't like that. I think it's cheap and stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I laughed my ass off but if Jerry's getting fucked Beth better not get out of her Rick worship scott free

this

big thing that confuses me is doesn't Jerry own the house?

Why is he leaving and not Beth?

Why on earth do you think Jerry owns the house?

Because they kept saying it was his house

Because Beth is the one with the highly skilled and profitable career?

If he owned the fucking house do you think he would need to beg for money from his children? He could just take out a home equity loan.

It's america. Men are fucked in divorces

I mean, Jerry kept saying that, certainly.

Rick does more harm than good. Jerry is 100 about Rick and Beth is a fucking retard (like Summer right now).

The irony of Morty and Jerry is that they have trouble standing up for themselves. They can be impotent or frustrated while Summer and Beth for the most part pursue their goals smoothly but in actuality both Summer and Beth freely give up their autonomy to Rick.
They do what they want and what they want is to be told what to want. Hell telling her what to do is exactly what Beth asked the Meeseeks for. While she's successful, she lacks direction and her validation is paper thin.

Jerry needs to be shat on to become a better person. He needs to struggle to transform into a stronger form of himself, which we know he's capable of being. He's been coddled for too long.

To be fair our Morty has some balls

Because-
*tears off shirt*

SHIT ON THE FLOOR!!!!

GET SCHWIFTY!!!!!

*starts twerking*

TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES!

SHIT ON THE FLOOR!

GOD ISNT REAL! (EXECPT FOR ALLAH BECAUSE THET WOULD BE RACIST TO SAY HE ISNT)

GET SCHWIFTY!!!!

SHIT ON THE FLOOR!

/thread

Because he's the one who pushed the ultimatum. When you break up you move out (if you're being a bitch/fair about it or have a family) until things are settled.
Jerry should by all rights get the house in court but that would hurt the status quo so he'll get cucked as per usual.

>Nature itself wants him to be poor.
>Implying that wasn't a robot dog Rick sent out to steal his unemployment check.
>Or that Rick didn't implant a micro transmitter in Jerry's ear to make him hear "loser" every time the wind blows.
C'mon this is Rick we're talking about here. Do you really think he would just stop at setting up Beth and Jerry's divorce? Of course his vengeance is going to be convoluted and go multiple layers deep until Jerry is a completely broken shell of a person.

He's an idiot that should've worked harder on finding a job and not ask his daughter for cash but the rest is either wrong or just false.

He was often realistically scared when aliens and other horror freakshows are involved but fought back multiple times, against queen alien Beth, mutated humans and wanted to shoot hostile robots with a party cannon he thought was a weapon. He stood up to Rick and gave his wife and ultimatum.

He had his bad moments with the kids when he asked Summer for money or ignored people at the table when he got really into that mobile games, but he tries to help them and give them advice on multiple occasions.

Most of the times when Rick saved his lives is where he put him at danger. Frankly, the times he fucked him over outnumber the times where he saved him.

In summation, he's a neurotic loser most people grow up to be with better and worse moments and your post is trash.

I think that would be a really shit joke. I find that reality itself has decided to shit on Jerry being far more amusing. It would also shit on all the
God isn't real posting by introducing a God character/stand in for comical purpose. They could demystify it but it would still be amusing.
As for all that other shit? Rick didn't have the time. If it were him, everything he's done up to this point would suggest he would to it personally letting Jerry know it was him fucking him over. Rick's very ego like that. Remember Something Ricked and the Devil?

You are overlooking the double standards for men and women in society. A woman doesn't even have to look decent for a man to "take her off her feet" and take care of her. Beth looks decent and has a high paying job, making her a "catch" for men. Jerry will obviously improve, I mean I would say it can't get much worse for him but it looks like it is (even though its his fault, sitting around collecting unemployment and waiting for a settlement from beth) See pic related

He's a fictional character, it doesn't matter how hard he works if the writers refuse to let him catch a break. We're caught in this loop where it's supposed to be funny to watch jerry suffer because he's a loser but he's a loser because they put him through so much.

Nah beth is a pain and her job is emasculating due to the high income. She could get roots easy but guys would want to settle with her at all

Plus you have the two teenage kids as baggage and Rick who's aiming to do what he wants, when he wants, with Morty and Summer depending on who he needs and when. It's gonna be hard to find a guy who's willing to do all that, let Rick have free-reign, and deal with Beth's daddy issues.

Jerry needs to find Rick from dimension J19ζ7 and have epic Rick and Jerry adventures. They are a good team and frankly Jerry is being held back by Beth and his family.

Rick J19ζ7 and Jerry could be the greatest heroes if the multiverse.

Beth is sick of being with Jerry, and her every character nuance screams of not being satisfied intellectually, financially, emotionally and in the bedroom. We haven't been able to see beths character develop (granted this is a different beth after cronenberg) because she is stuck providing for a family in a job she doesn't really like because she has no partner in life. She chose jerry cuz hes so pathetic he will never leave her (like her dad). And the only person who feels emasculated by a woman is a beta male (oh right I'm on Sup Forums)

this

you have never been in a relationship of merit. Summer should be out of the house next year, and a new boyfriend wouldn't give a shit about Rick and Morty's relationship, it seems like Jerry's big problem with Rick is he is not in control of his son.

Man you're spitting fire with that passive aggression at the end there. Wew.
But yeah, no. Beth is a bum deal. No one wants her drunk, 2 kids, arrogant, daddy issue ass. How does it feel? You're not invested in her outcomes are you? You couldn't be inserting as her, could you?

>bitches about betas
>claims Beth's next guy will be 100% and totally okay at letting Rick do whatever he wants
Yeah man, who doesn't love living with their cunt inlaws. You're a fucking trick

>He could just take out a home equity loan
He is spineless, not retarded.

I think Beth was basically keeping Jerry as her pet man. Getting divorced is probably the best thing that could ever happen for Jerry. I predict she'll eventually come crawling back to him by the end of the season. If there is justice in the world, he'll be like "nah, I'm cool" and walk away.

>Beth is sick of being with Jerry, and her every character nuance screams of not being satisfied intellectually, financially, emotionally and in the bedroom

The reality is that Beth is intellectually, emotionally, financially, and sexually mediocre just like Jerry. Jerry recognizes his mediocrity and accepts it, while Beth tries to deny it and wishes she was special like Rick when in reality she's not.

She's never shown herself to be in anyway better than Jerry other than the fact that she's smug.

Don't look back. I'd be more than happy for them to both be better for splitting but it will sit poorly now that the Jerry is a loser joke is literally his entire character now.
Like he can't just get a shit job that he thinks is super cool and deck his house out in terrible merchandise and collectables or something which would still make him a loser. No, now he has to be in perpetual suffering.
There's a difference between pathetic and miserable and it's looking like the writers want miserable.

Does Jerry have a professional degree? Just go work at a supermarket or whatever. He tries to be something he's not and that's why people don't respect him. Of course his kids love him, but considerably less so if he keeps butting in their lives when he has nothing to offer. He can't expect to have the respect of others when he can't respect himself first, or something.

plus, we see Rick hanging out with Jerry, alone, it seems, in the trailer. So I'm curious to see how that happened.

He worked for an ad agency. Just to get in the door, he'd need a degree. Probably liberal arts degree or something like that.

A coyote stole his unemployment check just to make him suffer.

>Need $20 for some pop tarts and a pack of smokes
>take out a home equity loan

People who criticize Jerry are usually low test nu-males.

This is a really stupid post.

Doofus Jerry can singlehandedly defeat every Rick effortlessly. All he has to do is be like him.

Flanderization is not inevitable nor irreversible.

how do you even type zeta on a keyboard?

Ask for a divorce. Not even joking.

Honestly? Kill Rick to protect my children from his madness.
Rick thinks so lowly of Jerry that he wouldn't forsee Jerry just walking in, drawing a fire arm, and filling him with lead.
Beth would hate him forever, but she's a lost cause anyway.
Summer would hate him too. But Morty would come around eventually.
Hell, Morty tried to kill Rick already. He had no idea that gun was fake when he shot Rick in the head.
Morty may even help you hide the body and use Rick's crazy gadgets to cover it all up. Morty in the very least knows how to work the portal gun at this point.

>Anyone who criticizes this character is _______
lol let me guess, you're a real life Jerry and all these criticism hit too close to home?

I'm on my tablet, so I copy paste, but on my laptop I'd have to switch to symbol font first and type Z

windows character map, copy + paste

on my particular phone you can set different language keyboards to be accessable by holding down the space bar

лoл عندي キーボード

>Jerry gets his hands on a gun
>strolls into the garage to kill Rick
>The killbots put Jerry out of his misery
Would be a pretty funny way to end an his character arc.

>4 Rick and Morty threads right now
When are they going to /trash/?

Nu-males usually are self-loathing. Go see an endocrinologist.

Find some of Rick's old gear, go to Jerry Jamboree, and form a Legion of Jerrys similar to the Congress of Reed Richards and the Legion of Dr. Thaddeus Bodog Sivana.

he's an idiot with no redeeming qualities. they've made this clear basically every time he's appeared on screen.

whether some other character should babysit him is a question but from a writer's perspective everything that happens to him is pretty acceptable.

I'm such a loser that I make Jerry look like an alpha male.

you sound like a jerry lmao

Doofus rick believes in him. That alone is a redeeming quality

>anyone who dislikes me uh I mean this character is a buzzword
lol

Seething.

,':)

If Jerry is really as pathetic and spineless as the show makes him out to be, It makes one wonder what Beth saw in him to begin with and how he ever worked up the courage to fuck her.

>In realities where he doesn't get married, he never falls into this slump and ends up successful.

The shit eating Rick's Jerry is a badass ended up scaring our Rick and taking over the Council of ricks

>If you were in Jerry's position what would you do?
Kill Rick, Eat his heart to consume his essence, and then use his portal gun to fuck infinite versions of Summer.
But that has little to do with Jerry, I would go with that plan as any character in the show.

Telling your wedlock wife that she needs to abandon the only family she has left isn't standing up for yourself. Only faggets pull that him or me bullshit

>Rick from dimension J19ζ7
So is he dead too?

You're pathetic and you'd be an even worse father than Jerry

Shoot Rick in the back of the head

The one that eats shit? Probably not. Seems like the Council never let him go to their citadel unless he had to, so he was probably safe at home.

He had a penis and she was young and dumb.

He better not be dead

Forsake thy mother and father

If the writers were clever they would have done an inversion of the "Husband is suffering, Wife is having the time of her life after the divorce" trope

>Jerry gets a new job and a gf, he's finally happy in life now that he doesn't have Beth constantly putting him down
>Beth is miserable and alone because now she can't blame all her problems and faults on Jerry amd every man she tries to date realises how much of a shitty person she is and leaves

Help is on the way.

He was stuck in a codependent relationship. Getting out was the right thing to do. Things can only go up from here.

You sound like a virgin. Jerry is a loser with no redeeming qualities and Beth settling for him actively hinders her growth as a person