Doomguy just acquired a Red Lantern ring. How fucked is the DC universe?

Doomguy just acquired a Red Lantern ring. How fucked is the DC universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co
youtube.com/watch?v=zZMg9ryeWOw
youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it is fine. Doomguy only hates demons, people who kill innocent people and assholes.
infact DC universe just got a new force of nature bullshit

Just a tad redundent. What next arm superman with a lazer gun?

Personally, I think he'd reject it

Think about it yeah, he's one angry puppy, but he's not evil about it, His rage is pointed at the unjust and the cruel. He was sent to Mars only because he beat the everloving shit out of his CO. Why? because the scumbag ordered him to pull a My Lai and gun down civilians. In NuDOOM, we see in the first few minutes how that's continued. Hayden tries vomiting out his little Machiavellian spiel about how all this death was worth it, all while Doomguy looks at the corpse of an innocent, whose life Hayden is dismissing as trivial and worth sacrificing. He cracks his knuckles and smashes the comms with Which Hayden is trying to speak with him out of sheer rage and indignation. Later, at VEGA's processing core, he hesitates to kill him, as he's innocent, and doesn't deserve to die just to serve as his platform to Argent D'nur. He then backs him up onto aharddrive to save him just before hsi core overloads.

Doomguy is a good guy. Just a very angry good guy whose rage is directed towards the uncaring and the cruel.

Constantine is out of a job and Raven never needs to worry about Trigon again.
That's about it.

The only hero in any real danger is Etrigan, but Doomguy *may* give him a pass.

Actually anything evil will suffer the DC universe would get the equivalent of Superman that doesn't shy away from killing on seraphim steroids with guns that always runs a top speed, Doomguy is a straight up hero with an affinity for guns and an interesting lack of diplomatic skills when it comes to dealing with stuff from hell.

The only question is if rich gets richer stacks with the ring.

Listen Doomguy no ifs, ands, or buts
Etrigan does not have very huge guts

I love that heaven agrees with him too as they gifted him even more skill and superhuman abilities, that with the huge amount of hell energy he has absorbed he is basically unstoppable in hell. Not to sure how he would fair power wise in DC things get kinda crazy with DC, but I can imagine him trying to go on a one man crusade against Apokolips and that can turn out a number of ways.

Red Lanterns aren't inherently evil in the comic.

Atrocitus became a Red Lantern because his family and his entire solar system was killed by Manhunters because the Guardians fucked their jobs again. His most loyal soldiers have similar backstories, Dex-Starr became a Red Lantern because his owner was killed right in front of him and now hunts down the person who killed her.

They're "rage" sure, but as far as they can see they're "righteous" rage

>That face when Dex-starr is the best lantern of any color

I can just imagine doomguy creating a Giant fucking BFG construct with his ring, thing will be the size of a goddamn truck.

Hell, imagine if one fell into the Marvel universe and the Punisher got one.

Isn't he more of a Yellow Lantern? I mean, who can inspire fear more than someone who scares the shit out of literal demons?

I still need to play 2016. Never played a Doom game before, which I know is blasphemy but that one looks like a lot of fun.

Fuck being a poorfag. Doesn't help that there are a ton of other games I really want to buy either. And yes, I know it's only like, $20 by this point.

NuDOOM is fun, but try the originals first

He'd smash it because an alien demon made it with dark sorcery. Ironically, he'd probably still absorb the powers and then wipe out the Red Lanterns.

His limitless rage is the reason he's so scary

It's pretty fantastic, I'd recommend putting it near the top of your game priority

Yellow Lanterns don't make sense in general. Literally every other lantern it's just they happen to excel at one particular emotion, YL inspire their particular emotion in others. So by that same logic, wouldn't Red Lanterns be able to wield both? They do inspire fear wherever they go.

>Frank's face turns into a permanent Dillon scowl.
>All of his constructs are crazy and insane guns and explosives.
>Frank can now fly, survive in a vacuum, and survive in the depths of the ocean.

There is no running from Frank. There is nowhere to hide from Frank.
He will find you.
He will catch you.
He will Frank you.

NuDOOM is pretty great gotta love how Doom Guy himself is like "FUCK YOUR PLOT AND LORE THERE'S DEMONS THAT NEED KILLIN

Don't forget vomiting lava. Even if you get close to him you're still fucked.

All Doomgames are fun, except vanilla doom in like 3 levels(4 if you stretch it) that are kind of slow and give you little weapons or that one with a puzzle that is mostly trial and error.

If you want old school doom Doom 2 gives you more of the arena experience and brutal doom fixes the few stinkers of original Doom.

Doom3 is cool as horror goes but it feels slow for a Doom game, the expansion packs are a bit of in between for Doom 3 trying to become Doom 2.

Doom 2016 is pretty much juggernaut simulator, every thing about the game makes you feel like an unstoppable juggernaut mainly because the Doomslayer technically is one, the game gets hard in higher difficulties after the AI patch and it is in general one of the best single player experiences I've experienced.

Play it, or just watch someone play through Vega Core or Necropolis for maximum fun, to keep this on CO related terms, is there any DC hero outside of speedsters that can handle the Doomslayer fully equipped? Let's assume that magical abilities and psychic stuff don't work due to the seraphim blessing and his reported incorruptible spirit.

>tfw they spent most of the time with the multiplayer for nuDoom that people barely bother with rather than the amazing single player

damn shame

Go to /vr/ RIGHT NOW and ask how to get Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, and Doom 64 running on your computer.

Multi-player fells quakeish without the depth. Don't get me wrong turning into a revenant is fun as fuck but if I play Doom I do it for the single player.

Oh fuck off, DOOM '16 has amazing multiplayer.

Eh, it alright

>Yfw BFG Division kicks in

its okay but the SP is way better

Git gud.

They're two completely different beasts.
I personally find MP way better because humans are always going to be more fun to play against than stupid AI.

SP is fun for juggling stress-relieving onslaughts with chill Metroid-esque exploration but when I want to go hard MP is unmatched.

>running into your first Summoner
>youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co starts playing

>t. turbosperg who needs validation via "you won teh game" screens at the end of deathmatches

Anyhow, Doomguy doesn't need a red ring, and I doubt he'd let a red ring get put onto his finger with the knowledge that some red lanterns are evil raging maniacs.

He'd be more likely to turn the red lanterns into a thick red paste than join them.

Not at all, Doom Guy is ultimately good. Sure he loves bloods and guts but that's mostly against demons who try to reek havoc on Earth and Mars. He's a killer but not some deranged sociopath.

I'd imagine he'd be like Darksied but a good guy.

>t. "I just play games for fun!" girl too busy getting triggered by people who enjoy challenge in their games to remember to water her Facebook crops

>When you hear Rip and Tear for the first time
There is no bad track in the Doom OST

>mfw the spooky sounding synths start

If anything it would actually be fixed a good bit because Doom guys just kills demons and monsters, granted Raven and the like might be a bit fucked.

fuck to the yes
youtube.com/watch?v=zZMg9ryeWOw

NuDoom is great don't let Sup Forums tell you otherwise.
Doom 1 and 2 are also great classic's but 1 is literally just 2 with less stuff so I'd recommend just get 2 and Final Doom.

3 is good but its a Doom game the same way Fallout 3/4 is a Fallout game.

I'd get Doom 1 over Doom 2.

Although Doom 2 is great for several reasons, I like Doom 1 more overall. A lot of the levels are more atmospheric and less gimmicky with shit like Tricks and Traps and Barrels O' Fun, and Doom 2 also had it's bore levels, namely a lot of the city ones.

Doom 1 feels like the complete idea, Doom 2 just feels from the get go like a big expansion pack. It's a good one, but I don't think Doom as a series would be where it was if they'd come out with Doom 2 first.

Good core gameplay but brought down but so many awful design choices. Not nearly as good as people say it is but I'd still recommend it, but if you haven't played the originals then you really need to.

*brought down by

Try the classics First Especially Doom 64 Via Doom 64 EX source port

And then the game says fuck you right back and tries to push it down your throat.

Ignore everyone telling you to skip Doom 1, they're bad people on a fundamental level.

and then DOOM Guy tries to ignore it entirely and goes straight to more killing heretics

The loading screens were pretty great too

"The Doctor is willing to give you any assistance in this endeavor...You don't. You just need to get to Olivia Pierce as soon as possible before she opens a portal to Hell. She must die.

And then you sit in Hayden's office as he explains the entire plot to you.

Except that dubstep one.

Not jumping around his office completely ignoring him

Not trying to shoot him immediately only to get cockblocked by literal plot shields

Well fuck you Hayden I blew up your entire project and I'm comin for you next game when it is (hopefully) made so I can shove that lightsaber up your robotic ass

Fuck that bullshit ending.
>Be sure to buy the sequel, goy!

>When Rip and Tear intensifies while horde of demons is swarming at you

Gotta love how the guy with ultra magic tech and holding the uber mega god sword straight up says "Yeah there's no way I can kill you" and hopes that you aren't able to get back to him when he teleports you to supposedly some empty zone

...oh how wrong he is. Doom Guy's rage can not be contained forever

It touches his Finger and explodes, Doomguy is unharmed

I just want a sequel/DLC where we can use that sword in anyway, even for 1 battle.

Has there been any news/updates on a continuation?

>How fucked
Found the hellspawn

Got you faggots covered

youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ

>heh, nothin personal doom guy

>all this nu-doom worship
Disgusting. It's just Painkiller with smaller arenas, less enemies, repetitive glory kills, health/ammo pinata enemies, a retarded story that the game forces you to watch, upgrades that make you overpowered, and godawful WUBWUBWUB fartstep. I can only imagine it being fun if you're an eight-year-old or a retard who wants to watch things explode for eight hours straight but still wants to feel more "hardcore" than a CoD fanboy.

NuDoom is the video game equivalent of an MCU movie.

painkiller was also great, fuckboi

>painkiller was great
Exactly, so why submit yourself to an inferior copy? Is it because it has shinier graphics, because it's attached to a big brand name and publisher, or because it's popular and you're a huge tool?

DOOM 2016 did not dissapoint. Well above average and fun all the way through. The only problem is that the final 3 levels have lackluster design. But otherwise it's a proper modernization - not a return, and this is important - of Quake era twitch shooter mechanics despite what some /vr/ old farts claim

The original DOOM gameplay has aged like wine and still holds up great, not to mention it's ports have so many mods you could literally grow old playing them all. Quite possibly second only to RPG Maker in terms of sheer content. Well above anything Skyrim and Source ever acheived. Play at least DOOM I and see if you like it.

Well said, it's a good game inspired by what most of the fans liked of old Doom an modernized it well, it really got the attitude right personally I would have loved a bit more of exploration to remember the wallhumping days but it is OK.

Yet technically speaking I really doubt anything will EVER come close to achieving what vanilla DOOM did for PC gaming.

>literally "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE"

What a fucking baby.

>not green
>not blue
>not yellow

Any ring would fit him...is that against the rules in the lanternverse?

I try to gift doom 1/2 before giving doom4

>mfw the Berserker kicks in

Didn't Marvel publish the doom comic? Does that make doomguy in the marvel universe?

Did they? I thought it was IDW or Dark Horse

Wiki says marvel

Interesting.

Mephisto would shit himself. Do you think he'd recognize him?

I feel like you're exaggerating tiny details to try to make nuDoom seem casualized. It really isn't. This is from someone who played the originals and loved them. NuDoom is awesome.

so are you saying he'd be worth of thor's hammer or flying nimbus?

>Mjolnir

I'd say he's worthy

The central battery explodes, all red lantern rings are now powered by him

You mean the outsourced multiplayer with poor netcode that attempts to be an arena shooter like quake yet botches that immediately by having a loadout system rather than pickup weapons on the field?

I mean good on you if you enjoyed that. I spent a couple afternoons with it, but as far as I could tell the multiplayer had fundamental issues that got in the way.

I would appreciate some melee weapons in Doom 5, since the sword is a plot element. I would also greatly appreciate the ability to pick up Imps and use them like fucking clubs until they gib.

Dex-Starr a shit. Red Lanterns in general a shit.

Doom 2016 is a love letter to arena shooters (specifically Quake) and Doom (specifically Brutal Doom). There are some light exploration and platforming elements but most of the game is about arena combat against hordes of demons with constant escalation. Its absolutely worth your time if you like old-school shooters, less so if you mainly like modern shooters.

While we're at it
>Doom 1 is a good shooter with fantastic level design. Must play
>Doom 2 is a great shooter with tons of experimental level design. Should play
>Doom 3 is Half-Life with demons. Play if it seems interesting to you

Then there's the rabbit hole of doom modding...

Would you kill something this adorable "for the greater good"? They can give such wonderful and beautiful power!

>HDoom
Fuck Yeah

Right on as usual, Bullhorn.

it's getting a VR expansion where you play as an AI

but i don't think we're gonna get an expansion or doom 5 until id finishes quake champions & rage 2 (which surprisingly hasn't been cancelled)

doom 4's multiplayer was ok.

i felt it was a better halo than what 343 did to halo but the loadouts were a huge deal breaker and completely misses the point of why people liked doom & quake's multiplayer.

i hope they learned from this in quake champions and include a classic mode that turns off hero abilities

who needs a jetpack when you have hate?

>flying nimbus
Doomguy is canon asexual so he could rain death from above on that cloud forever

i don't think nimbus works like that otherwise goku could've never used the cloud after chichi date raped him

it was something about being "pure of heart" or whatever. However you interpret that, Doomguy's covered; there are few beings in the universe more pure than him in any sense.

it's almost as if the "emotional spectrum" was some contrived and poorly thought out bullshit.

There was an issue way back when which explained that Sinestro Corps members are only able to harness their power by facing their greatest fear and focusing on it. I don't think this was ever referenced again.

Is there any Red Lantern in comics who's like this?
Seems like there'd be quiet a few Punisher like lanterns flying around.

Summoners are oddly attractive

I think I need some human contact or I'm going to go full /r9k/