Did anyone else first get exposed to webcomics through BZPower...

Did anyone else first get exposed to webcomics through BZPower? I mean they were almost all very crude and poorly written sprite comics, but hey, you gotta start somewhere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3yfFpG7o8
youtube.com/watch?v=LX1t4UIlhAw
youtube.com/watch?v=jBo60VdG3PM
youtube.com/watch?v=NJkJz7ZSKlY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was my first ever message board

It was mine too

What was your username /co? Mine was Biggatoa

Can this be the designated Bionicle thread?

Sure
Did the movies have a God-tier ost or what?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3yfFpG7o8

Yes.
Looking back, I'm not sure I want to remember all the autistic shit I read there.
Looking even further back, I'll fall into the Bionicle nostalgia sinkhole again, so I'm leaving this shit before I start digging up my old sets again.

Oh, before I leave - they ended the series with Makuta getting his head smashed in by the fucking moon. That's pretty sweet.

it was how I found out about RPGmaker and maybe Game Maker, then I found out about Sup Forums culture via some of the Game Maker crowd. Namely the maker of Seiklus who knew Flimsy Parkins a webcomics maker who killed himself a couple years ago.

Is this another bionicle thread again becuase the other one was pretty fun

It was on BZPower I decided to start making a webcomic.

and then never did.

Same here and the autism of the site and userbase fucked so much with my head that for a while I had a very strange outlook on message boards in general.

>I've kept every comic I ever made for BZPower to remind myself of the only time in my life I've been productive

All of Bionicle's music was GOAT, even from the beginning.
youtube.com/watch?v=LX1t4UIlhAw

I wish Nathan Furst could legally post the rest of the soundtrack. Oh well, at least he was able to post these.

Post some

I remember Dark709 comics

youtube.com/watch?v=jBo60VdG3PM

For an 11 year old, I found them very entertaining

My first exposure was Dr. McNinja. Still one of the best webcomics out there, by far.

Man, I didn't even know that was a thing until 04-05. I mostly browsed the fanfic section more often than not.

I'll post the last thing I ever did. Anything before this is an irredeemable shit show. Highly doubt anyone here would remember it, I only had like 5 regulars read it.

>Will never have a toy series with a genuinely amazing story like Bionicle's ever again.

I first heard of bzpower when I was watching an episode of Stories of Matoran where skrall was looking up his review on bzpower.com and then complained about it

youtube.com/watch?v=NJkJz7ZSKlY
Oh shit I found it

I mean, the entire OST for the first movie was released a while ago, so it's out there. Still waiting if he can put out the other two.

>volunteers to join team despite being nothing but a translator
>willing to sacrifice himself because other members of the team contributed more than he ever did
>made a deal with the devil to keep his God from dying
>fails
>Sacrifices himself to revive his God
post yfw there will never be another Sup Forums as based as Matoro

Same here. I think I was like 14 when I joined. Looking back, the place was a garbage pile with an oddly large population of Christian kids and/or autists all run by teenagers on power trips. I was only there for about a year and moved on to other internet haunts pretty quickly.

>despite being nothing but a translator
He was also a solitary hunter in the Drifts, one of the most extreme places on the island, so it's not like he had nothing badass on his resume.

XANIS!!

i remember having a blast watching the dark709 movie

Oh fuck, I loved how flexible that kit was. Wish I still had it. Or knew anyone who had a sizable version of the sheet.

It did fill a unique niche of sci-fi but with a strong fantasy mythology. They've restarted Bionicles but they've dumbed down the story a lot. Also the masks don't have specific powers, which irks me.

First version or second version? I kept literally everything, I have both.

So what are people's thoughts on the comic? I read the first couple of issues and it wasn't great. Certainly not as good as I remember it.

Yeah it was pretty dumd how they couldn't get ther elemental power until they put the gold masks on like what

Their logo always pissed me off because it's not one gear and two gears couldn't be that close together.

I'm just glad they finally got rid of the archives so that all the shit I did as a teenager here is now lost to time.

Either or, second's preferable.

Here user. I haven't looked at this thing in depth in years.

I was able to find a few of my posts o. The wayback machine

Kinda makes me sad its all gone, even if it was a bunch of cringey, preteen internet posts

Hey thanks man.

Not only that, but usually characters could come back through the Red Star, but what Matoro did ended up destroying his very essence, and he knew as he put on the mask.

Hell, there was an alternate universe where he didn't, and even after centuries of being segregated, exiled, and his named turned into a synonym for coward he finally saves the universe.

It was even more stupid when they revealed the Toa don't even need the masks for elemental powers, because the power stems from within them or something. They just have to "believe".

What?

And the head piece is off-center. But I'm not surprised they didn't correct it. The entire site looks nearly the same as 15 years ago, with tons of links on the homepage that lead nowhere. BZPower is a relic, clinging onto existence like how the fanbase clings onto this double-dead franchise.

>Animorphs thread earlier today
>Now a bionicle thread
Hmm, check /toy/ in a month. I got some ideas.

Makuta stole Mata Nui's giant robot body that sat dormant under the island of Mata Nui(Which was then destroyed), so Mata Nui was flung of to a desert planet to get his own robot to fight Makuta and bash his brains out with a moon.

And so, Bionicle died yet again.
And now all that remains are some Autists calling themselves TTV making up an idea for brick Bionicle