Batman: The Telltale Series

The first 16 minutes of season two are now up:

youtube.com/watch?v=d0i7GVxdXEY

There's another major change to the mythos already. How do you guys feel about Riddler being an active supervillain before Bruce becoming Batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/reGCOMlS1ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kind of weird but they're so deep into their own alternate universe at this point I don't actually care. I just wish somehow you could have saved Vicky to throw her in Arkham and make her your Hannibal Lecter

That would've been dicey if you chose to share your identity with her,, so I can see why they didn't do that.

Gotta give it to them haveing it turn out the Waynes were evil was interesting I kept waiting for the part where it's revealed it was a lie but it never came

Maybe they'll swerve us and she survived the collapse to come back later with a gratuitous facial scar and working for R'as al-Ghul or something.

This. Taking a different angle on the Wayne family was genuinely refreshing. I wish there were more interesting Wayne moments, though. After a while the whole "BUT UM BUHMAN" got a bit stale.

Best Dent, best Selina. Vale was odd, not sure I liked her. Joker is only slightly cancer.

Batman, you have failed this riddle.

So when does s2 hit, a week or two? I feel like we've gone from no news to trailers and shown content real fast.

I loved this version of Harvey but his storyline petered out big time by the end. The character and his relationship with Bruce wasn't done justice.

Next week.

>telltale
Ugly design, ugly directing
Why would anyone play this?

I'm okay with that. Somewhat solves the tired and annoying "Batman created his rogues" argument that people always throw despite not making sense.

Kinda nice that Batman isn't responsible for all his villains for a change.

Here's the first hour of the game

youtu.be/reGCOMlS1ts

So we can all agree that The Agency is somehow The Squad, right?

Also

I get the feeling that the lady alongside Waller is gonna turn out to be Harley Quinn somehow

>have an opportunity to make a game actually set in the comics universe
>just make it stupid wannabe Nolan-esque OCs instead
Why could they do it with Walking Dead and Fables but not Batman? I just don't get why there's basically never been a DC or Marvel game actually set in the comics universe except some dumb beat-em-ups.

So Gotham?

They're never going to address that assassination attempt at the end of the last season, are they?

Oh cool, a trophy room!

I'm not liking Tiffany's sudden larger role. They're not going to make her Batman's new sidekick, are they?

Because that limits a lot of what they can actually do. Walking Dead and Fables work because they're much smaller stories and it's easier to keep in track. Batman has a shitload of stories, continuity, and retcons and reboots to keep track of.

Plus, it's more interesting to do your thing and play around with established characters and stories instead of trying to recreate them. That's just boring and needlessly restricting.

I can make out Catwoman and Joker (and Joker vs. Batman) in the episode menu, but not all the shapes in the second episode. I want to say they're Firefly, Lady Shiva, and the Ventriloquist?

I'm guessing they are going to kill Lucius.

It looks like Bane and Hugo Strange. They seem to be setting up Bane with Riddler being the one to release the inmates of Pena Duro.

This universe sucks
Telltale games suck
Choices dont matter

Also Alfred

You think Alfred is going to die?

Well in the first hour of the game, when Bruce is in the cave Alfred is acting like he's sick and Bruce is totally worried. So I think TellTale is setting up for something with Alfred

This

>Telltale will never make another Sam and Max game

That's true. It's very possible.

Lady Arkham was such a shit villain I don't have any hopes of them actually doing the real batman villains right. Too much time spent on irrelevant bullshit for her to just turn out to be a generic psychopath that KILLED HER OWN PARENTS WOAHHHH like that's supposed to be shocking. If Vicki was a more well adjusted person her turn to villainy would have meant something but it turned out she was just basically Zsaz with a vagina.

Penguin sucked too, I was hoping it would go somewhere but he was just a pawn in another person's scheme, it didn't help that everyone took stupid pills about the fact that he was a crazy criminal just so they could get a scene where he takes over Waynecorp.

>it didn't help that everyone took stupid pills about the fact that he was a crazy criminal just so they could get a scene where he takes over Waynecorp.

They explain this in the story. He had his criminal records wiped out and even gave himself a false background of education.

>Harvey Dent insists on representing himself in court

THAT'S OUR HARV!

I still dont understand how penguin had that accent if he grew up in gotham and was there until he was at least a teenager

that isn't how accents work. At most he would pick up a secondary inflection here and there

so what's the answer to the riddle?

I'm guessing he only stayed in Gotham long enough to befriend Bruce before he lost his parents. He had an accent in the flashback where they were kids.

Man, the choices must really not matter. His "recreate a save" thing didn't even let you pick what type of Batman you were. I thought all of that stuff about brutalizing Falcone and breaking arms was going to at least mean something. But I guess everybody has a short term memory.

"They played us like a damn riddle!"

I always hated the Riddler

I kinda dig it too. I like the idea that Batman is an answer to some crazy shit, while maybe further villains like Joker are answers to him. Helps with the whole escalation theme that ends up in a lot of Batman stuff

I gotta go back and make sure he turns into a proper Two-Face. It's too bad I hate Selina, but even I have to admit she was done well here.

Probably a clock.