Has there ever been a better version of any of these characters?

Has there ever been a better version of any of these characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2Q-PdpYVHf0
youtube.com/watch?v=sd9MEDj5_2s
youtube.com/watch?v=32QhnPKfcGA
youtube.com/watch?v=eZi-qbhqyMc
youtu.be/Pa93kQmHdyY?t=21
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah the ones that worship My OC and my fan fiction.

the show and its version of the characters are fun but the only really work within the show.

Archie ones lelelelele

The Sonic Boom comic.

Wow, that was easy. Yes, they are actually different from the show.

Every single iteration of Sonic that isn't voiced by Roger Craig Smith is better than this hipster.

>The hero villain dynamic is treated as a day job.

Love this shit.

Urkel's "IM WAIIIIITIIIIIIIIIIING" shit was obnoxious af though

Advetures version of Robotnik was absolutely GOAT. Boom has the best version of everybody else.

>legitimately hating mike as being the best eggman for years
No

Best version of Sonic and Tails without a doubt.

>hipster
Boom Sonic is perfect amount of assholishness and heroism.

ew.

Sticks is a cute! A CUTE!

I really like how Ian Flynn wrote each of them, but otherwise there isn't much competition.

Sauce

I liked Drummond and Griffith better, but I still love him as Sonic and he does a fantastic job at it. Also, if Drummond ever came back or something, Roger Craig Smith should still voice Boom Sonic.

Best Eggman is mute

>Has there ever been a better version of any of these characters?

Yeah, back in the days of the Genesis games.

This.

Too many versions of Sonic make him an unlikable dick or get way too close. I'm looking at you OVA Sonic!

As far as voice goes
Sat AM = Modern/Boom > Adventures > everything else.

Sonic the Comic is best Sonic

When are you going to finish those arms, user?

what if he was the new voice of shadow

i kinda liked the sonic from the metal sonic ova
even if the voice was kinda grating

youtu.be/2Q-PdpYVHf0
THEY KNOW
MEME MAGIC IS ALIVE

That's nothing. They've gone so far as to acknowledge Chris-Chan.

I know it's not the most popular opinion but I like Amy's Sonic X version most. It captures her annoying, clingy, lovesick personality perfectly

This is a bait thread that doesn't deserve extra (You)'s. Sega Genesis still exists, OP. This show is comfy, sure, but it will never reach the success of the original

i'm more surprised all the mentions of his reason for hating Boom
so far I've counted like 3 jokes relating to sonic's arms

The only characterization I really hate is Sonic's. He's so damn boring in this show compared to how he acts in some of the games. I'd rather have obnoxious attitude/ "goody goody" Sonic rather than someone who just stands around making bad puns.
That being said, Tails has never been better. He's adorable, smart, and not annoying in this show. Best characterization for him EVER.
Knuckles is hit and miss. Whe he's funny, he's great, but when he's not, I miss the angry, hot-headed Knuckles.
Amy is alright, but seems like an entirely different character. Not a bad thing, though.
Eggman is amazing. Great rendition of him.

>Amy is alright, but seems like an entirely different character. Not a bad thing, though.
probably because her entire character in practically everything else is her being obsessed with Sonic
>Eggman is amazing. Great rendition of him.
agreed. the guy voicing has great comedic delivery

This show is great but it'll be god-tier if there's a Shadamy scene thrown in somewhere

>Knuckles is hit and miss. Whe he's funny, he's great, but when he's not, I miss the angry, hot-headed Knuckles.

this

This Eggman stands alongside the Lon John Baldry Robotnik

That may be so, but my problem is less with the characterization and more to do with the voice (although the latter hinders my enjoyment of the former). Previous Sonic VAs were criticized for being too over-the-top, but Roger Craig Smith's Sonic reminds me of those sprite videos Dorkly puts out, where their Sonic and Tails performances are coated by so many layers of irony they're unrecognizable, and every line sounds the same: flat and unconvincing.

I don't hate the guy, he's obviously very talented; I just wish he wasn't Sonic.

I used to be one those Sonic fans who would put out cringey character impression videos on YouTube, but I always felt I did a decent job at impersonating Drummond, and acted in a few fan videos as well as the shit-tastic fangame Snoic Generations: youtube.com/watch?v=sd9MEDj5_2s
youtube.com/watch?v=32QhnPKfcGA

Anyway, I was pretty butthurt when Ryan was first replaced with Jason, but by the time of Black Knight he had gotten pretty good. I wish Smith could grow on me like he did, but I just can't stand what he brings to the character. And I was so pissed when I learned how close SEGA came to getting Drummond to come back for Generations.

So Forces?

i hope that's at least as good as Generations

>And I was so pissed when I learned how close SEGA came to getting Drummond to come back for Generations.
why would they get him back for Generations?

IIRC they were originally going to separate the Adventure era from the Modern era. While I think that would've been a dumb distinction to make, I'd gladly have put up with a goofier story if it meant having Ryan Drummond back as Sonic.

> I'd rather have obnoxious attitude/ "goody goody" Sonic rather than someone who just stands around making bad puns.
you have Sonic down so wrong in this show. When is he pun-crazy?

Not him, but from the few episodes I've watched I didn't see him make too many puns. He did stand around a lot, though. This Sonic has so little energy compared to previous iterations. Is he like that in the Boom games, too?

youtube.com/watch?v=eZi-qbhqyMc

post your favorite knuckles

youtu.be/Pa93kQmHdyY?t=21
Pic related is a close second.

Boom > Adventures = SatAM > OVA > Underground > X

I don't mind Boom!Amy & I think that version gets too much hate, but it's not really my favorite version of her. I prefer the post-reboot Archie!Amy & even some versions of her in the games, tbqh. I like Amy when she's more energetic & optimistic.

Archie did it first.

Ian got a lot of flak for it on the BumbleKing forums, too. Can't be having a vague "penis" reference in our Sonic comics, nosiree.

>figuring out which robotnik is best

You're better off saying who the worst one is.

That Sonic Genesis comic version was amazing

is the Boom version of Tails different from the game version? It doesn't feel like it.