What comic is this?

What comic is this?

The Sandman.

Fun fact, that's the second Despair.

The first one inspired Rao (Superman's sun) to allow life on Krypton and then blow the fuck up to make the survivor a symbol of despair.

I do love how that's become the exact opposite for Supes and he's the biggest symbol of Hope, DC has on pair with the entire blue lantern corps.

This is how bad this place has gotten, people don't even bother to read the most entry-level constantly recommended shit like Sandman.

It's like going to Sup Forums regularly when you haven't even played fucking Zelda.

That's very interesting, user.

I love Zelda, he's really cool!

That's sort of the underlying point of all the Endless. They govern their realms, but they also define their opposites.

Naturally, Despair would produce the symbol of hope

Maybe OP isn't even a Sup Forums user and just came by for this.
On /toy/ there's always people that aren't into the scene coming for curiosity.
It's not something negative.

Destruction was such a bro. I always liked him best.

Stop sperging, it's not like they are pretending to know about a comic they haven't read.

>Due to weird shit Despair somehow gets a Blue Lantern ring

I remember Peter David quipped in one of his articles many years ago that. rather than a big bearded viking dude, Destruction should have been a 4 year old child.

How was the first despair kill?

I don't think we've ever learned that. It's one of the big question marks hovering over the mythos of the characters, as well as the corollary question "So who WAS this second Despair before she became Despair, and what was that transformation like?"

That and the strange room beneath necropolis that the endless couldn't go to but needed something from it for the funeral.

Consumed by Delight which lead to Delirium

Nah. I remember dream said something about the killer getting tortured for eternity. You could say that is her torture but I doubt it.

My favourite bit was that humans were modeled after the guardians.

I never expected her to give me feels, the cute bit with Destruction being the only one who called her pretty, the kiss and shit.

She was also one of the less toxic Endless I'm the long run. I pitied her a lot when reading the Sandman

>"So who WAS this second Despair before she became Despair

Desire were twins originally. They mention it in the series.

The line is something like
"Delirium was Sad
So Delirium went Mad" right? Probably has nothing to do with her doing anything to Despair. Might have to do with Despair dying though

dirtguy

And whatever the Angels wanted from Lucifer in the Kindly Ones.

And who hired Loki and Puck, although I'm almost positive it was Dream himself.

Anybody read any of the spin off issues?
I remember liking the Bast mini.

I find most of Gaiman's older stuff relaxing to read.

I actually really liked the manga of Death's adventures, as well. It was a cute little adventure.

Boku No Endless

I always thought it was Desire.

it's implied the second Despair killed the first

where do i start with Sandman?

Sandman #1

At the start.

it was dream

It was Dream little to no doubt