Does you frighten of WOMAN?

Does you frighten of WOMAN?

Are we taking bets on how long before she gets bored

Is it like those women who "work construction" for a week and then quit since they've PROVEN that women can work construction? for a week

Oh wow wo the fuck cares

>She's not even looking at the comics.

>two issues to the left

uh oh. How long until that barney-fag gets summoned?

>comics shop
>buy those horrible fucko pops "fake nerd badges"

You know, any time someone calls attention to the 'breaking of gender roles', it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo.

FUNKO POP CANCER CASUALS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've been there, it's one of my two local choices. It's cramped and in a small unit under a fucking railway which gets super noisy every time a train goes over. Which is all the time because it's a main line into London. Selection was crap when I went there last and I doubt it's gotten better now.

Hopefully soon to derail this thread away from more culture war bullshit.

(((woman)))

really? I know the last year have been shity for Sup Forums but as far as I know this is one of the boards that have an equilibrated gender gap.

>giving ammo to Marvel's bacterial marketing

took the words right out of my mouth.

YAASSSSSS SLAY QUEEN

Why is she looking at the two same funkopops?
I mean who didn't at least grab two different ones? Did they think nobody would notice?

Did she order those Funko Pops because they sell well or because she thought they've "got to" be in a comic shop? That's the real litmus test.

Came here to post knuckles. Guess you guys are 2fast4me.

Most comic shops I've been to have had female customers and even employed female workers.

I mean still been prolly guys outnumber girls 6 to 1, but they're there.

I hate to tell you this, but women in comic shops is not new, it's not frightening, and its also not a big deal to anyone.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I can't stand talking to people behind shop counters anyway.

I wish I could strangle anyone who says that over the internet, including those who do it ironically.

>Funko Pops

I'm doing a great frighten

This has gotten worse than that Cash Me Ousside Wut You Say Abou Dah shit before.

Her hairstyle is pretty frightening. Makes her look like she's gonna start ranting about the Partriarchy any second now.

No, she is looking at Baymax.
thanks for the shitpost

maybe, just maybe, she is unpacking stock to put on the shelf. you know. . . what people who work in stores do.

I wonder if she could gain a wider community salesbase if she advertised her place as a safe space.

Rhymes not intended.

>being proud of owning a comic shop
That poor, dumb, bastard.

is that twiilight sparkle?

Why would a girl working at a comicshop be newsworthy?
Also if it was about her stocking it, why show her nowhere near a shelf and looking at them like she wants to buy it.

>has purple hair
Hmm.

Cool but honestly, outside of the US (maybe not even then), how do people manage to keep comic stores open?

We barely have any in Australia. Pull lists can't be enough.

it doesnt look like she is stocking
it just looks like she is really interested in the toy shee is holding on her left arm while not being interested at ll in the one she is holding on her right arm

didnt say its newsworthy, just said its possible

And now that i notice she has the Red Armoured AND the white Baymax maybe she does want to buy them both

Most usually stock up on other nerdy things. Like card games or boardgames or figurines or action figures or etc.

In the UK they focus heavily on selling figures and memrobilia.

>that hair
>those lips

Jesus Christ.

I thought you were a meat head

no idea
comicbook stores are an oddity as it is and we recently got a chain that sells marvel/dc/manga wich sucks all the buisness away
the one i used to go to, because im a filthy pirate now, moved into this old toystore that closed wich is twice as big as their old location so they must be doing something right

I been going to one day for 6 years now, it's noting special a no news worthy

Uh, okay. I'll just go somewhere else then.

>I'm a women that identifies herself with comics
>I MUST have colored hair
Same with dudes with unkempt beards.

Moose works at a comics shop and shes great. I feel sorry for Americans.

Well, does she hate Marvel's ))))))FREE COPIES(((((((((((( ?

She owns and manages it.

My local comic shop is owned by a 70 year old woman. She's owned it for decades. Super sweet lady. Loves to talk to the customers.

Always calls every Wednesday when your stuff is in.

just turn off your brain

She's hot.

Curious on this too.

God this is such a good line. I know they were making a joke but it really is a really strong point that a lot of people need to grasp.

Definitely must make a good killing on Kotobukkakeya statues to thirsty nerds.

>mfw my local comic shop was owned by the same woman for 12 years and three years ago she closed forever
I didn't know she was special, I just assumed it was natural,
also my mom play videogames, should I call national geographic?

>tfw no grandma comic shop
Why do I even bother going to comic shops at all?

I would totally go to her shop looks like cozy place

A girl works at mine. Chatty little bugger.

Call CNN. You'll make tons of cash. "Even in Trump's America, women are still not afraid to play video games!"

Want to know why people find it weird when women are doing stuff that is mostly done by men?
Because people keep making these stupid articles that points it out like it's something weird/special.

They only really work well in capitol cities. Paris has the most profitable.

Bingo, also refer to Knuckles' comment

Boco, you romantic.

She looks like a killer from Girlhouse if his "wig" was made out of a tumblrite.

>that thing
>woman

I'm pretty sure there were women working in Forbidden planet 20 years ago when I used to go, and I'm talking about the Dublin branch, in that well known haven of gender equality, the Irish Republic. And in other shops I've been to in the interim.

I dunno about owners but presumably you get a bank loan and lease a place and you too can be the wonderful owner of a comic buke shop

Yeah, I'm a real Rico Suave.

This. My LCS is the best one in my area by a large margin and its owned by a woman. This isn't a passing fancy, either, since she's been in business for decades. Several of her employees are women, and a few of them are genuinely into comics.

Yes, men still outnumber women by a lot in comics, but women have always been around.

The LCS I shopped at since the 90's ( yes I am old) was owned by a married couple and the wife ran it most days, there were plenty of female customers ( moms coming in with sons mostly) and their daughter worked there when she was in Highschool.
so.....

no it's not - Amy is challenging perceptions, not reality. It's not "I'm going to be a credit to my gender", it's "all that stuff you heard in the media is bullshit and I'm gonna show you why"

and please nobody try to start shit about what the media does or doesnt portray, that's not fucking germane to the discussion and you know it

>Checked.
There's actually loads of comic book stores where I'm from (France), since it's heavily part of our culture.
There's even a vintage comic store in Lyon, and every part of the wall has a doodle of a variety of well-known French comic characters (such as Blueberry), drawn by their respective creators.

the media doesn't really help it's case with clickbait titles like that. If you try to make a big deal out of something people come away with it's a big deal. She might be challenging the perception own lcss isn't a boys club but the perception that some people are going to come away with is "if they're making a stink I guess it's not typical for them to be in this boys club"

>Does you frighten of WOMAN?

I is of terrror! Menses attract bear whose terrify claws will make ribbons of precious comic pages.

Quickly scout! We must eat all of this honey before the bears arrive!

we all know only two things attract bears, menstruating women and honey

Well that's just great. Ya hear that Sup Forums? Bears.

Now you're puttin' the whole board in jeopardy.

Well, have fun when it goes out of business then, I guess.

Comic Book stores are terrible business models nowadays, thanks to the internet

A. You can subscribe to the comics you want to read directly through the publisher, OR you can buy them online and read them digitally, at a cheaper price than a physical copy

B. All the collectibles that a local shop could possibly sell are available online, and probably at least a little cheaper than your local seller is trying to flog them for ( because any comic shop owner worth their salt KNOWS the value of what they are selling)

So really, the only people keeping comic shops afloat are the ones that play card games, and just stop in to see what's available. But I've gone to comic shops in my area on multiple occasions, and barring a few new releases, their stock remains largely the same. Especially the expensive high-end collectibles. Yet they will never drop the price even a little. No matter how many YEARS its been sitting on their shelves, collecting nothing but dust.

So basically, if she ain't hosting D&D, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh card tournaments, she ain't going to last 2 years. And even then, she will probably have months where she will be struggling to break even

Shut up Boco

They might be staring at you because you have clown hair, not because you're part of the gender that makes up 52% of the population.

Yes sir...

>Gosh, a woman with a comic shop
Why is this even news?

Is there a law that forbids women from owning a comic book business? Are news sites so desperate for clicks that they'll write about any insignificant shit? I genuinely don't understand what's so groundbreaking about a woman owning a shop in a western country. There are plenty of women that own businesses, it's not like it's illegal. "Gosh, a woman with a comic book shop in Saudi Arabia" would be newsworthy, not this shit.

literally anything is newsworthy when you have an agenda and your candidate didn't win. dog took a shit today? put it on camera. russia said they gave FDR polio? put it on the reel.

>take THAT, men!

Stop making threads OP. It'll be better for us all.

I would literally never see this shit if not for and my LCS is literally run by a woman as well. She doesn't do retarded shit, everyone is chill, nobody gets autistically butthurt. Do you even have an LCS OP?

she would be into shit figurines autist stupid fake smilen bitch

Not sure if Poe

The comic store I go to has a male owner, but he only shows up on Wednesdays and special days, most days it's two female workers.

This isn't surprising. Of course some woman own comic shops.

My LCS is owned by a husband and wife and she is very sweet, her kids are too.

I really don't get the big deal about this. She's ugly and so could likely be an actual comic enthusiast.

If she was hot it would just be a fad for her.

a woman owns and runs my shop, she was probably reading comics before I was born, we shoot the shit all the time so why is this a big deal again?

yas queen

My LCS is was owned by a woman, until she sold it to retire 2 years ago.

Manufactured drama
Do you think it's a coincidence that she has pink-and-purple dyed hair?

That's a very funny picture sir you gave me a good chuckle

Must have been while you were kissin' me

I understand women have been able to own property and businesses for some time now.

Is the (((BBC))) still amazed by it?

And oh I swear its true...

>BBC
what did he mean by this?

I didn't know we were back in 95.

We're talking about a show in a franchise that had a cartoon 20 years ago where the lead female was the smartest and most capable member of the team sans Sonic. Any "people think GURLLLS can't do it" argument is undermined by the franchise having been pro-feminism since nearly its inception and the most popular characters that weren't from the original quintology being Dark!Protagonist and a girl.

It may not be a relevant counterargument in other contexts, but it sure as fuck is for Sonic.