How do Snyderfags rationalize this? Do they admit Snyder is a hack...

How do Snyderfags rationalize this? Do they admit Snyder is a hack? Do they admit that people want to see faithful adaptions of iconic characters and not shitty pseudo-OCs?

>mainstream appeal means its good

it was a mediocre marvel-tier movie so of course normies liked it

then add the whole feminism/fuckdrumpf bruhaha and of course its gonna get a fucking fresh rating you fag, they even gave good reviews to ghostbusters

what i can't rationalize is how Sup Forums is so vehemently against the best capeshit movies that have been made because "not muh supes" it is fucking superman just with a little more brood you faglords

oh well, now that WW made a million bucks you can enjoy the next 10 years of quipfests like marvel that the DCEU will be

yes, im mad

OP got his answer with this dumbass

It's become impossible to know if snyderfags are real or just role playing

it really feels like i'm taking crazy pills in a world that Sup Forums praises WW and hates so much on MoS and BvS

I also thought Homecoming was pretty good

Dude slow motion so epic XD

See, I actually respect the consistency here. You might like the Snyder movies I think are garbage, but you recognize WW was different and don't like it for that.

It's the anons who defend both while decrying Marvel that baffle and annoy me. At that point you're just a fanboy who can't admit they'll lap up anything so long as it's about DC characters.

but this wasnt faithful at all! the Amazonians were never created by Zeus to protect/guide mankind, and they never subsquently failed their mission. Until the New 52, WW was never a natural god. There was also never a rule that incidacted only gods can kill gods. Also her wrist clang shit was only ever a thing under Gail Simone and was forgotten for good reason. She also never fought in WW1 and her entire supporting cast of humans outside of Trevor and Candy were made up OCs.
Goddamn you are such a fucking casual it hurts.

yeah I dont understand it. While I liked WW i felt like it was just average, just below MoS and well below BvS.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Superheroes are an inherently stupid concept, a fact that more and more folks are starting to notice. So it tends to rub people the wrong way when cape films overstep their bounds by trying to be serious and introspective. That shit is an automatic point deduction.

you are such a fucking retard

>hurr durr he has a different opinion than me so he is under 18 XD

try actually engaging in a conversation or go back to redddit you chucklefuck

I see nothing wrong with your image. The person who made that clearly missed the context of when those movies came out and were reviewed.

Diana in this movie is a warrior who wants to bring love and peace to the world. That's a faithful adaption of the character. All those other details you listed are typical shit that gets changed in capeshit movies.

Meanwhile the fun loving heroic Superman from the comics is a brooding Batman wannabe in the movies.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Wonder Woman was actually pretty serious. It just didn't veer over into being a grimdark Snyderfest. It was unapologetic about being a capeshit film unlike most capeshit nowadays and there is some charm in that.

But Snyder was the one who fought for the film to be made, wrote the basic story, and produced. Even if you don't like him, he had a big hand in this.

>Fought or the film to be made

So?

>Write the story

He wrote a basic outline. Jenkins and Goyer filled in all the details and did everything. Stop this meme.

>Produced it

Just like Nolan produced MoS. He put his name on the project and probably threw a couple million at the budget.

Stop trying to attribute WW's success to him. He couldn't make MoS and BvS good and yet he's responsible for WW?

>Looks at writing credits for MOS
>Snyder's name is nowhere to be found
>Looks at BVS
>Sees Terrio, and Goyer but no Snyder

>looks at writing credits on WW.
>co written by Zack Snyder

Really makes you think....

So you admit Snyder is a shitty director?

>home alone and spaceballs
>bad

I'll just leave this here.

Holy fuck i have never seen more truth in my entire life please fucking spread this.

>It's the anons who defend both while decrying Marvel
Wonder Woman is not a fucking Marvel film, no quips, has actual consequences such as Steve dying and while more hopeful is still honest about how horrible humans are.

>honest about how horrible humans are

Like how the remaining German soldiers immediately stopped fighting after Aries died and started hugging?

That part alone made me feel like they threw away the humans are a mixed bag narrative at the last minute which made me mad

is it true Oscar judges don't even watch the movies awarded?

I haven't seen it yet but a commentator I rather respect said that where BvS was a critical deconstruction of its characters and the world they inhabit, Wonder Woman is a genuine propaganda film for a better world, a less male dominated society. And while I doubt I'm gonna enjoy it as much as BvS it still sounds like something I'd appreciate.

>Do they admit that people want to see faithful adaptions of iconic characters and not shitty pseudo-OCs?

You mean a Superman that leaps over buildings and runs faster than a speeding bullet beating up gangsters? Or one that acts like a 10 year-old who has sleepovers with Batman? The John Byrne "Man of Steel"? Morrison's version?

As for the reason for Wonder Woman's success, look no further than it being the first female-led superhero film ("OMG, FINALLY!") with a childish "love conquers all" message that appeals to mainstream audiences, especially in an age of Trump.

They do watch them. But they don't watch them for long. They only watch them for about 25 minutes at best.

>As for the reason for Wonder Woman's success, look no further than it being the first female-led superhero film ("OMG, FINALLY!") with a childish "love conquers all" message that appeals to mainstream audiences, especially in an age of Trump.

>user believes this

Wonder Woman has the same Isolationist parent problem as Superman. Guess which one audience liked more?

>yes, im mad

Really? I'm so fucking shocked.

reminder that this board was going around calling Wonder Woman a literally who that wouldn't make shit at the Box Office.

>snyder has his hands all over incredible movie
>snyderfags are supposed to apologize

Look, we know you just start these threads to post the "HAHAHA" pasta with the drax image.

>WW
>faithful adaptation
>even a good movie

PS: Zack Snyder had to fight all the WB and DC people to include Steve Trevor on the movie. And the movie wouldnt even work without him, so yes, say THANK YOU ZACK

Regarding the better reception...its a mcu movie with dc characters. No surprises here. It also gets a 25% boost for being a female hero. If it was Green Lantern it wouldnt have received the same score.

But you already know all of this

most of the movies here deserve those scores.

go back to Sup Forums

The one that was part of a good movie?

He also had his hands all over MoS and BvS directly. Explain that.

Can we just make this a general WW thread? This was a solid movie, but it doesn't extend beyond that. The horrible third act alone killed any potential this had for being a great movie. I think MCUfags, Synderfags and neutralfags can all agree that MCU and DCEU don't break the mold with their lackluster third acts, but holy shit

WW's third act completely ruined the novelty the first and second act were directing us toward. Instead of giving us a nuanced approach to human morality, which justifies WW's lack of faith in her fellow man, we instead get a clumsy "Nah, Ares did it". The movie would've been infinitely better if Ares was nothing more than a tale. Then if you REALLY wanted to include him, bring him up in the president day for the JL to fight, only his influence on man is dialed up to 11. That alone could make a JL movie

Holy shit people are actually arguing about this? Wonder Woman was generic and 100% catered to the tastes of the average person. They played it safe as hell and of course it paid off. I'm not a WW expert to judge if it was a faithful adaptation, but whether or not it was had nothing to do with its success.