Netflix picks up Cannon Busters

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-02/netflix-to-stream-lesean-thomas-cannon-busters-animated-series/.119640
12 episodes in production, no premiere date yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/tv/news/a834554/netflix-hits-back-20-billion-debt-inaccurate-report/
youtube.com/watch?v=-ze66dSv8UA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait what?
Wasn't this just some hopeless kickstarter or some shit?

Thank fucking god

They kickstarted a pilot based on Lesean Thomas' comic. looks like it paid off

>hopeless
no such thing anymore.

brave new world, unless you stay home shitposting on Sup Forums ALL DAY long.

I'm happy for LeSean, dude deserves this.

It's great to see a black man succeed in the animation industry

>main girl has autism
neat

for the love of god I hope they get better voice actors

thats been a running flaw in Lesean's shows so far

>Netflix revives Voltron
>Netflix makes a pretty damn faithful Castlevania adaptation
>now this
Is Netflix saving animation?

Lesean might be an arrogant prick, but this did look decent. Looking forward to it.

imagine that

they are 20 million in debt

>>Netflix makes a pretty damn faithful Castlevania adaptation
neat
I hope it premiers soon because the current show has too much drunk Trevor and goatfucking.
But of course it does, it's written by Ellis.

>pretty damn faithful

They kept Alucard's after image shifty thing.

if I recall properly most of that debt came from that Marco Polo series they recently canned, cause that show was stupidly expensive for whatever reason

This is finally getting more exposure? It's about damn time.

So how many days til the Sup Forums shitposting drowns the sub?

>million
20 BILLION, user

It's not like Castlevania III had a deep and intricated plot.

Is Hulabaloo next?

>brown lolibot protag
Nice

>steampunk

God I hope not.

>gets a full season
>"i-it was hopeless!"
Urbance when?

still doing better than Blockbusters.

Why?

whats up with the animation projects? did they strike gold or what?

The pilot is out, but it hasn't even cracked 1 million. Here's why I think that happened: Urbance's aesthetic is all there but the problem with the pilot is it's lackluster voice acting. It killed the whole thing for me.

YEEAAAAAHHHHHH

>Urbance's aesthetic is all there but the problem with the pilot is it's lackluster voice acting.
Can't they reach compromise?
>"We like it, but the voices were shit. Replace them and then we'll talk."

cool. Happy for the guy.

debt is not necessarily a bad thing

When working on budget I suppose you take what you can get. With Netflix money behind it no reason he can't spring for professionals.

Can anyone post the pilot for this cunt

explain why

digitalspy.com/tv/news/a834554/netflix-hits-back-20-billion-debt-inaccurate-report/ ?? Does this mean things are better now?

Cool. I happy for Thomas.

Old media has been having it out for Netflix for ages.

That and the writing was kind of shit

>Debunking the LA Times' account, Netflix insisted that their calculations were "inaccurate" and even called Disney and ESPN out at the same time.

How do these guys get away with shit talking The Mouse and live to tell about it?

game:
>trevor prays in some altar and goes to fight dracula
series:
>evil priest does some shit, trevor is a drunk who doesn't care for people and dracula is sympathetic and SCIENCEr

The data was misrepresented.
I hope Netflix acquires more cartoons and anime.
Only issue I have is that Netflix overspends on some shows so they have to remove shows they can no longer afford to license.

its a prologue

Did they ever relased the pilot?

>Only issue I have is that Netflix overspends on some shows so they have to remove shows they can no longer afford to license.
Why did Super 8 get special treatment? Most people still type out petitions for canceled shows to this day.

(OP)
>brown
>blonde hair
When will that trope, holy shit? It looks so fucking bad. Except in extremely rare occasions, hair must always be darker than the skin color. That's basic fucking taste.

Netflix ruined television. Content nowadays may be better than ever, but on-demand/binge-watching/marathoning are terrible ways to present a show.

>getting this upset over cartoons

I dunno ishvalans always looked pretty cool to me.

What are the Melanesian people

If Netflix ever does pick it up, they definitely should.

the story was also stupid and awful

But the combination of dark skin and white/blonde/light hair has always been interesting, and has shown up in many, many comics and video games.

>black chick
>blonde weave and blue contacts
Goddamn, it seems nobody likes natural black women.

So when are they gonna kick start blokhedz?
youtube.com/watch?v=-ze66dSv8UA

she's not natural, she's a robot

She's basically a sentient realdoll, so y'know.

Fuck off Sup Forums

Don't they also have like 100mil subscribers? At $10/month, they're getting $12 billion/year.

Where's the link to the pilot?

They also picked up the new baki, saint seyia, and devil man

Reeeeee, I wanna know what was that magic army about

There's going to be more Baki the Grappler?

Hasn't the poor boy suffered enough?

I think the problem is that the brown is too dark and the hair too yellow.
Also her lips are ugly.

YES

VERY MUCH YES

every business is in debt, even the us is in debt
welcom to the real world

Here's hoping the series blows up so that this becomes my most valuable comic.

I can't wait for the THICC.

He's doing 2 at once? Could've sworn I saw him making another show for crunchyroll too. Well, good for him, I like his art style

Pilot was alright so hopefully it is good

>hair must always be darker than the skin color
Since fucking when? Anderson Cooper looks cash

>Western animation is at it's very best when it gets inspiration from anime
Well how about that

So does this mean that the pilot will finally appear somewhere to stream?

And it's worst

>Content nowadays may be better than ever

It really isn't. If anything it's even more derivative and pandering.

Jewish trickery. Say you have a loss on the books, and the government gives you free tax (((exceptions))) and possible (((reimbursements))). These provisions are promoted to help small businesses, but we all know it's another way to allow large corps' higher-ups higher profit margins.

Everyone from Sony to Apple has done it. Why else would Trump have an university to begin with?

>Netflix throws money at shit

And you fags will eat it up.

That's not TTG

that's korean, not anime

well, you know what they say: the Beatles were their best when they were copying the Beach Boys.

>pretty damn faithful

This is what normal fags actually believe.

TTG is more inspired by Hanna Barbara than it is anime

It's cute how dumb you are

>mfw Netflix airs better anime than chingchongs

sure user
if that makes you feel better

You wish, you pleb faggot.

It's at least pretty faithful when it comes to video game adaptions.''

>pretty damn faithful Castlevania

Yes I loved the part where Trevor is an obnoxious asshole who kicks Alucard in the balls

I'm confused, anons. Is this a comic adaptation or was the pilot an original animation? I see there have been issues of it but they seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth.

Current state of anime is plagued by fanservice bullshit and borderline pedophilic drawings. Anything that doesn't carry that kind of crap in its sleeve immediately gets buried and forgotten by the japanese audience.

You're talking about maybe two or three shows out of twenty per season. Slice of life shows aren't even the biggest sellers. it's usually edgy isekai stuff which is still better than Castlevania was.

>Western animation had a creative golden age in the 30s and 40s, languished for fifty years, had a another golden age in the 90s and 00s, and is now languishing in the 10s.
>All we can get is eastern scraps and imitators.

Sad.

>Eastern animation is at its best when it gets inspiration from Western animation
Really gets the noggin joggin

>niggers

ew. no thanks.

If you don't incur debt at a certain scale, you're pretty much allowing the competition to overrun you.

Oh shit, I didn't think the pilot would be picked up but like said; I guess there's no such thing as "hopeless" anymore.

I thought it was funny how people were asking if they needed some voice actors in the comments for it. They probably do since the voice acting industry is tiny in Canada. I would honestly audition for Urbance because that voice over was so bad that I'm willing to jump in even though I've put off being a voice actor for health reasons.

>netflix investing on anime
>still not investing on cartoons

where the fuck is troll hunters season 2 also where are the other seasons of steven universe and gumball

>still not original teen titans on netflix

WHERE?

Troll Hunters has been renewed
>Tumblr Unvierse
Who cares.