The Unstoppable Wasp #8 storytime... last issue

A character and a comic with potential... wasted because they focused on characters that nobody cares.

>Agents of G.I.R.L.
This seems super pandering and shitty.

It doesn't even make sense either.

>Genius In action Research Labs

They forgot the A

This. You can't just ignore action. in, of, or, and other words like that you can ignore, but not action.

Finally Hank Pym, too bad he can't save this comic like he saved the Avengers... oh wait.

At this point I'm surprised Nadia isn't lesbian... yet.

>last issue
And nothing of value was lost.

This character with the canceled comic is fan of that other character with the canceled comic!

Again with this... I'm surprised she didn't find out it before.

I'm not thankful for many things, but I am thankful to all of the people who flipped through this comic at the stands and said 'fuck this shit' and then spent their money on something else.

>Nadia sleeps spread eagle
Huh.

She forgot to mention that she took advantage of the situation and married him...

Why does Tony get to start two civil wars and stays a superhero but Hank slaps someone once and he's demonized forever?

an actual well written moment...for once. Seriously why not start with the Hank Pym stuff that stuff is gold.

OH BOY, couldn't just let the series end without addressing this. Thanks a fucking lot.

Fuck them! I want to be a Van Dyne now...

That looks interesting, too bad Pym on his own already created that about 10 years ago.

Tom barefoot

That dress deserves to be on a better version of Janet

Meh

Why didn't she take her mom's last name?

Well, that's all! but don't worry guys, he will write another comic...

Because that isn't synergy, she need to be a Pym or a Van Dyne :P Nadia is Hope in Russian.

Please no.

Any word on when/if Pymtron will meet her?

>an actual well written moment
Hold on. Which part is well written? The part where Marvel overblows the Pymslap yet AGAIN, or the part where the original hero sucks the legacy hero's cock and keeps sucking after they nut?

Did this woman exist before this comic? Or the idea of Nadia. I never followed Pym.

Eh it's well written compared to most of the comic, though I do agree overselling the pymslap is a huge sin that I wish writers would move on from. I'm just glad it was only one page.

With any luck we'll never see any of these lame OCs ever again.

I seriously doubt we ever get to see them again except in another comic book series by the same guy.

Then again, at least the guy gave Nadia some supporting cast so that the next writer that wants her to suffer can kill them all.

Hank had a wife before being an Avenger she was the reason why he even went into super science she died and he continued to do super science because of her

Waid introduced Nadia in Avengers. Then they got Whitley to write this solo shortly after he pitched this "story" and Brevoort approved it.

You mean Pym's first wife? Yes, she existed. She was kidnapped and killed by commies.

Hank's life gets a little rewrite. Before he didn't discover pym particles until after Maria's death.

Seems bit of an odd change.

Are you mad that Hank Pym isn't the super star perfect hero Nadia thinks he is?

>canceled at issue 8
Who could have possibly seen this coming???

am I mad that marvel won't let this shit go or at least make it know that the fucker was having a mental breakdown

Yep, Nadia origin makes sense because of that and in fact Pym fell in love with Jan because she looked a lot like Maria.

>overblows the Pymslap yet AGAIN,

Its amazing what people will defend just to justify their hate

What did he mean by this?

Well they did state he was mentally ill at the time

Pym slapping Han has been used for years and years as the number one reason nobody likes him, but now that its in a subpar comic book nobody likesm all a sudden Hank Dindu Nofing

Wait, Hank was aware he was mentally ill? And Hank can be accused of a lot of things, but "pride" just isn't one of them.

How do retards like this get jobs writing comics?

you can't be aware you're mentally ill - specially if it's schizophrenia so powerful it actually made you believe you were a different person that killed the previous you

>Hank was aware he was mentally ill? And Hank can be accused of a lot of things, but "pride" just isn't one of them.

No, she litterally said he was in denial, and pride takes many forms

yeah but I've been hearing complaints about it being the only thing Hank Pym stories are about since the Busiek run and even before than. People have been treating the fact that she has been hit once as the only story they tell with Hank Pym, doesn't help with the Ultimate incarnation that being his defining feature.

Just remember, Janet is a horrible person.

>Genius In action Research Labs
>G.I.A.R.L.

:genius:

>Ultimate incarnation
Didn't this hurt some other characters, like how Shocker became a joke?

This was a nice ending for a crap book.

>A character and a comic with potential

Neither of those things were true.

eh not really there was a period of time when Spider-man villains were treated as jokes, but you could tell who read the stories when someone made fun of the Shocker because they would focus on the costume.

But here was some of the damages some where bigger than others.

Captain America- Some writers tried to adapt the Ultimate Personality but after Ed Brubaker took over unless your name was Warren Ellis people cut it out.

Norman Osborn- A lot of the dark reign characterization comes from the Ultimate version which was Lex Luthor who was also the Hulk.

Nick Fury- Shield is responsible for everything(just count up how much shit they were involved in) and while the movies was responsible for Jr they were trying to work that version of Fury into other universes.

the Fantastic Four-a lot of stupid shit can be placed on trying to make Reed Richards more morally gray and while Hickman did do some solid stuff other writers did not do a good job with the stuff. Ultimate Sue somehow became one of the most toxic characters in comics.

Continuing to push forward and make shitty decisions even after your previous ones have caused untold suffering is a sort of pride, I suppose.

>dat awkward matt

To be fair, "superhero backed up by an Ocean's Eleven of noncombat tech geniuses" isn't a terrible premise.

The problem is that 1) none of Nadia's recruits actually have a personality, and 2) tech innovations aren't interesting when it's a comic book and all the tech is complete bullshit anyway.

Jesus fucking Christ

oh pls. the slap is the only thing people remember about Wasp

well that and being a cunt

this is dumber than anything in America

Whitley is a fucking terrible writer this is inexcusably bad

that was a different episode

Hank being canonically mentally ill (bipolar) is relatively recent i think so this is a little bit of a retcon to explain why it never came up before.

wait, so Hank is responsible for treating his own mental illness? How the hell would he do that? He's mentally ill. He needed help from others.

God, at least EMH Wasp noticed that and pushed the others to help him out. This is just irritating

>Being canonically mentally ill is relatively recent

He was schizophrenic and thought Yellowjacket was another guy that killed Hank Pym

He was under the effect of some different gases the time he tried to take down the Avengers as Ant-Man

Holy shit, you don't know shit about Hank, fuck off

Didn't she give Janet a black eye in the last issue? So it's not okay for hank to slap Janet, but she can?

lol @ this comic being rejected by scholastic, btw. Like sorry, we decided you're just not what we want for our target market of 9-year old girls.

they have standards

I'm guessing this is mostly going off Busiek's Avengers run which tried to explain all the complicated shit with Hank as him having real-deal-not-comic-book mental illness

no I mean like Hank literally coming out and saying he has bi polar disorder and not generic comic crazy

Avengers AI actually

Did she? Black eye Janet

I know I might be nitpicking but something about the backgrounds being completely blank makes me ill, physically ill. Unless it illustrates they're in a simulation or a Korean webcomic, there shouldn't be this much negative background space.

Yet they keep rewarding him with more work. Somehow he's "failed upwards" and is getting a Hulk/Thor team-up book.

I refuse to believe 9,000 people were actively reading this.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Just give me a book to write at this point. I can't do worse.

Dude he wrote Princeless the Disney movie Disney should have made(actual review said this), to them he's like their Alan Moore even if the project is esoteric shit he has the titles to coast on he's one of the progressive indie darlings right now.

he's also a bronyfag &needs to die

he's a bronyfag who other bronyfags hate. It's quite amazing.

that escalated

This is the Princeless guy? Oh ho ho ho ho ho holy shit I'm kind of sorry I even liked the one issue that was 90% Janet narration now

Yellowjacket, Goliath, Ant-Man, and Giant-Man could have a group therapy session.

I should do a storytime of it one of these days.

I wonder if Ultron is salty that since Maria was dead before he existed that he never got to build a robot based on her brain patterns. Seems a reference that would right up his alley.

That's because you don't understand how sales work, those numbers are retailer orders. Retailers sometimes order more than they actually sell because sometimes they need to have an extra copy in the bin or something.

It's a nitpicky complaint because sometimes you just need to focus on the character and relevant object for effect, and eliminating the background once in a while can work (as long as you've established the backgrounds to begin with)

Don't forget, Marvel ships copies of comics that weren't ordered to retailers (which the retailers have to pay shipping on) and counts them as "sales".

I remember her leading the Avengers at the book's peak.

Did Pymtron ever show up in this book? Pymtron appearing to tell his (their?) side of the story might have actually redeemed this.

Also, how did she not know about the slap? Everyone brings it up once a week.

Sliding time scale. She hasn't been doing stuff for a week yet.