He needs to kill himself asap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-eB09QMZ2OQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oP3pPi5UVdE
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ButtMonkey/WesternAnimation
archive.is/FTrFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut up Harmon

I know right, fuck him for caring about things.

>Jerry
>caring about things
If he cared about things he wouldn't be dealing with this relationship drama. His own incompetence and negligence led him to the situation he's in now. Beth is a woman simple enough to get swept off her feet in 5 minutes by a fucking Meseeks. If Jerry can't compete with that low fucking bar, he really doesn't deserve her or his family.

I have that windbreaker.

>mr. meseeks
>low bar
i agree with what you're saying but lets be real, mr. meeseeks sure does know what to say to a woman
youtube.com/watch?v=-eB09QMZ2OQ

FUCK YOU JERRY FOR NOT BEING NIHILIST AND COOL AND NOT BEING THE SMARTEST MAN EVERRRR AND banging the smartest man in the universe's daughter.

I like him

Camp Camp unironically is a lot smarter on people's different viewpoints of lives and philosophy than Rick And Morty.[/spoiler

this

the show would be so much better without him or Beth really it should just be Rick, Morty and Summer but mostly just Rick

maybe just make it 3 Ricks running around telling everyone how stupid they are that would be the best

>Beth is a woman simple enough to get swept off her feet in 5 minutes by a fucking Meseeks
That's not how it works for married couples. It was only so easy precisely because it wasn't Jerry.

Why does this show hate him so much? Is he just the Meg?

What does the sound of wind have to do with this?

There wouldnt be anyone to combat Rick's behavior. I get why you dont like him but saying the show would be better without him is ridiculous. He's already going to be less active in the show with the divorce, cut him some slack.

Wait a fucking second. Who is he getting an unemployment check from?

This explains it: youtube.com/watch?v=oP3pPi5UVdE

Maybe the best thing for Jerry is to get out of the house and try to help the kids when they need him by being there for them and offering an alternative to being around their drunken mother or Grandpa all day
Jerry is a piece of shit but he cares about his kids, I do believe he wants Rick outside the house mostly because of them

I think all the Jerry hate this season is going to culminate in a weird ass metaplot where somehow the universe is conspiring against him and it's Rick's fault.

I also think that the divorce is going to be nothing but good to Jerry and he's not going to get beat down despite the universe hating him.

actually THAT would make a really impactfull season ender....

and his new housing is literally the same as milhouse`s dad. LOOOOSER.

Reminder, that without Beth he'd be a fucking movie star

>hey beth your dad just took our kids into yet another dangerous adventur-
>yeah, I don't care

why does anyone like that bitch again? do the feminist writers not realize they are basically advocating MGTOW?

>anyone advocating MGTOW
>ever

Harmon's such a little bitch.

he doesn't need to kill himself
He just needs to improve himself.
But along those same lines the only reason there's any tension between their relationship is because Jerry doesn't think Rick is a good influence on his kids and is constantly butting heads with Beth because Rick just up and disappeared and suddenly came back.
Along those same lines though: Jerry did get Rick's Daughter pregnant before they were married.
In conclusion; I think that both Beth and Jerry are equally to blame for the situation that they're marriage is in.

Yeah because Rick is so great and isn't an asshole at all
>"Ahh, not so fast Morty. You heard your mom, we’ve got adventures to go on Morty. Just you and me, and sometimes your sister, and sometimes your mom, but NEVER your dad! You wanna know why Morty? Because he CROSSED me. OK, take it easy, Rick! Th-that's dark. Oh it gets darker Morty... Welcome to the darkest year of our adventures. First thing that’s different, no more dad Morty. He threatened to turn me in to the government, so I made him and the government go away... Ohhh fuck... I repla-burp-ced them both as the defacto-patriarch of your family, AND your universe. Oh man... Your mom wouldn’t have accepted me if I came home without you and your sister. So now you know the REAL reason I rescued you. Ohhhh-woah... I JUST TOOK OVER THE FAMILY MORTY! Oh man. And if you tell your mom or sister I said any of this, I’ll DENY it. You'll deny it... And they’ll take my side, because I’m a hero, Morty. And now you’re gonna have to do whatever I say, Morty, FOREVER! A-and I-I’ll go out and find some more of that Mulan, Szechuan Teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty. Wh-what are you talking about? Because that’s, that's what this is all about Morty! Szechuan? Th-that’s my one arm man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family Morty crawls away- Morty, that was FAKE! -and Morty gets pulled back. I-I’m driven by finding that, McNugget Sauce. Nuggets? I want that Mulan McNugget Sauce, Morty. Mulan? That’s my series arc Morty! What the Hell? If it takes 9 seasons, I WANT MY MCNUGGET DIPPING, What're you talking about Rick? SAUCE SZECHUAN SAUCE MORTY! What're you talking about? TH-THAT’S WHAT'S GONNA TAKE US, ALL THE WAY TO THE END MORTY! SEASON, 9 MORE SEASONS MORTY! Szechuan sauce?! 9 MORE SEASONS UNTIL I GET THAT DIPPING SZECHUAN SAUCE! What is that?! FOR 97 MORE YEARS MORTY! What are you talking about?! I WANT THAT MCNUGGET SAUCE MORTY!!!"

Jerry's case is so fucking dumb.

He went through so many situations with Beth where you'd think will improve their relationship but the next episode all of that progress disappears. The meeseeks episode, the cold stone creamery episode, the marriage council episode, the multidimensional tv episode. There's just so many episodes where at the end they're happy with one another but it's like they're reset in the next.

You're like those sheep who hated Meg just because FG shat on her.

If he stayed or comes back he's only going to die to Rick antics; he cares even less of him for not being from his universe.

>he was ready to ditch Summer and most likely the universe they've been staying at and leave Beth completely alone

>C-137 Jerry will kill Rick one day or at least get super close to it

>the pickle Rick ep is only a gag ep to show he's modified the mechanics of that brain device from the start of the season and is going to use the complete version in a fucked up way...

>...he's either going back to his old universe to find Uni or the one from the current one and trap her in a singular body so he can have her to himself

>he keeps telling Morty to rise above the chemical need for love and it might be due to him always trying to get back with her and failing

He's never going to kill himself because the writers aren't bold enough, he's never going to better himself because Dan wouldn't allow it, they're going to get back together by the end of the season because rick will feel bad for Linda and because they'll want to reset the status quo.

>last episode wasn't terribly plotted, just unfunny

Unless it's not Jerry that's the problem and it's Beth that is.

He still dated Beth, but he never married her in that universe. And he was miserable.

isnt' C-137 Jerry frozen?

Well now he is divorced and miserable.

He actually seemed pretty all right in the last episode. Lonely as his situation might be at least he doesn't have his family to stress him out anymore.

He just has to deal with a wolf.

The joke is Rick needs Jerry to create Morty.
Jerry is capable when Rick is not around to fuck with his life, like in the Cronenberged world or where he was an accomplished actor or if the comics are canon, a successful manical Theme Park owner in a world, where Rick is a good-hearted Doofus, who never scored (and birthed Beth)

A wolf that feeds on his misery

Damn, this would be legitimately great

Coyote

I like it to user but don't derail the thread

>He doesn't deserve Beth

Of course he doesn't. Beth is a cunt and I wouldn't wish for my worst enemy to be tied down to someone like her

i am now disappointed theres no way itll be this good

>Implying Beth doesn't have deep-seated abandonment issues
How many fucking times has Rick been responsible for endangering everyone, up to and including turning his entire old Earth into a Cronenberg world? Jerry's a wimp and an idiot, but he knows Rick's one misstep away from getting Morty or Summer killed. Fuck, even MORTY'S aware of Rick's bullshit by this point.

to be fair neither beth nor jerry know about kronenberg world.

Yeah, but Cronenberg World is the biggest point in Jerry's favor. There are points where Rick can fuck up super hard and not be able to fix it.

>His own incompetence and negligence led him to the situation he's in now.

No, his wife's debilitating mental illness is why he's in the situation he's in now.

Rick replaced the entire family with robots for three weeks and she didn't even notice.

I really don't get this trope.

The Office had Toby, Parks and Rec had Gerry/Jerry/Larry whatever his name was, Family Guy has Meg, Archer has Cyrril ironically voiced by the same guy as Jerry and Rick and Morty has Jerry.

All of them are kinda wimpy, milquetoast losers and they all get absolutely eviserated by everyone else on the show including the writers, but for no discernible reason other than, "It's funny!"

Well Sup Forums, I don't get it, what makes it funny?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ButtMonkey/WesternAnimation

Schadenfreude augmented by the need to know someone is more of a non-contributing fuck-up than yourself.

It's really his fault for marrying a horrible person with an even worse father.

>people hate Jerry because Rick hates Jerry
Jerry is like the anti Pet character
like a reverse Lightning
I can imagine what goes on when the writers are writing for Jerry
>One, Jerry needs to be more pathetic, sadder, and lose access to his family. Two, whenever Jerrys on screen, all the other characters should be asking "fuck you Jerry"? Three--

they have frozen people before and they live as long as they don't get shattered

I get no pleasure from their misery, because they just need a break! Seeing these people get picked on constantly makes me root for them as underdogs, it doesnt make me laugh. If I identify with losers does that make me a loser too?

You're forgetting that she basically left him because of her daddy issues. She was ok with everything else.

It's usually a pretty funny character in my opinion, but it kind of misses with Jerry. Mostly because he can be very sympathetic and he's right about most things involving Rick. But he gets shit on whenever he tries to stand up to the Mary Sue.

Oh, and with Toby and Jerry they didn't have any "real" consequences for being shit on. They just kept chugging along, shrugging off whatever insult, or prank was pulled against them. Meg and Jerry tend to get viciously beat down, sometimes with real serious consequences.

There are plenty of failed marriages whose members who still love each other to some degree and can have legitimately great and emotionally rewarding moments with each other, but nonetheless would be better off apart overall.

It "empowers Beth".
>credits one of the “new writers” for the idea to give Beth and Jerry their much-needed divorce, a decision that empowers Beth
archive.is/FTrFA

>the creators of the series are thankful for a more diverse writers’ room
>They credit the newfound diversity
>it has a lot to do with having an equal number of male and female voices writing the show
>The simple product of their newfound gender-balance
>spoke about the value gender balance has brought to the writing
>writers’ room has a gender balance of three males and three females
>nobody represents any gender because if nobody outnumbers anybody else, then nobody’s an ambassador to anything
>Equity allows everyone to objectively examine where the show was previously lacking
>It’s safe to say that Summer has a story where her body image issues take a sci-fi turn
>Expanded roles for the female characters on Rick and Morty are slated to make Season 3 the most balanced, thoughtful, and best one yet

Toby is I think, my favorite example, because it's not the show trying to sell the idea that he's everybody's punching bag, it's specifically Michael just hating Toby because Michael comes up with these stupid "fun" ideas, and Toby reminds him all the reasons it won't work, so Michael just shits on Toby every chance he gets.

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed over Jerry? Do they feel some kind of loser kinship going on?

Likely.
I just can't find him funny anymore. Now he is an underdog and you always root for the underdog.

That and Rick being a bigger prick than ever doesn't help.

Jerry, if he wasn't held in the same spotlight as the literal God that is Rick, would actually be seen as a normal decent man. He cares for his family, makes time and effort to spend quality time with them, and is just all around a nice guy. He's a coward, but he's a coward in situations that take place in the show, whers every other day is a new Armageddon taking place in your household. Jerry is supposed to be the straightman, but a lot of people find it offputting when the straightman is shat on every time he's on screen instead of acting as a foil. Jerry is also the most realistic character out of the bunch, and if you don't relate with him more than a degranged alcoholic Nihilist, a literally retarded teenager, a desperately wannabe nihilist valley girl, or an abusive codependent aloholic mother with Daddy issues, I would whole heartedly recommend booking yourself a psychiatrist immediately.

>>It’s safe to say that Summer has a story where her body image issues take a sci-fi turn
this sounds trash

Beth is not portrayed as being in the right. Nobody in the show is in the right.

Rick is canonically completely miserable and terrified of dying alone, the writers don't want you to agree with his viewpoints or his behavior.

I don't really remember the office, but the trope was completely subverted in parks and rec, with Larry being a successful family man with a hot wife and a ton of daughters and grandchildren.

Family guy had already turned to trash when they started shitting on Meg.

Cyrril is hilarious imo and not really sympathetic or incompetent. Pam in the early seasons was more of a buttmonkey, since she was truly useless and everyone shat on her.

He sure cared about Beth when he locked her out of the car with that Hobo. He only cares about convenient things

That Jewish guy married Beth and that one lived a happy life

And neither did Jerry who gets them every other weekend

Yet at the end of the episode with Unity he was shown as still trying to at least put effort into curing it

I really, really don't understand what jerry ever did that was so bad. he's not a great person, but he's no worse than beth. why do the writers hate him so much? my only real theory is that rick is who they want to be and jerry is who they really are

He's cowardly. People frown on cowardice more than any other negative trait

Pretty much

it really isn't.

Beth is a needy clingy bitch with little self respect. Her willingly throwing away her marriage to keep Rick from abandoning her once more is selfish and pathetic. She doesn't give a shit how it might affect her children. All she cares about is how she feels. She drinks heavily because she can't deal with reality.

If Jerry is bad, then Beth is equally as bad. Beth is truly her father's daughter.

That'll probably be the episode where she turns giant.

>Your mom wouldn’t have accepted me if I came home without you and your sister. So now you know the REAL reason I rescued you. Ohhhh-woah... I JUST TOOK OVER THE FAMILY MORTY! Oh man. And if you tell your mom or sister I said any of this, I’ll DENY it. You'll deny it... And they’ll take my side, because I’m a hero, Morty. And now you’re gonna have to do whatever I say, Morty,

And with that, Rick officially slips beyond even the tiniest hope of redemption.

I understand the world is a post apocalyptic wasteland now, but I highly doubt Jerry and his family would have dropped to feral caveman mindsets. Especially after so short a timespan

Huh? Was Jerry shown interacting with the robots?

I just assumed that HE assumed that they simply didn't want to spend time with him and he's too much of a pussy to even bring it up. I didn't notice anything that implied that he spent time with the robots and didn't notice anything odd about them.

they are doing a bad job, because I am literally Rick.
>intelligent
>nihilistic
>twaited sense of humor
>old, but not too old
>can fight, if I need to, even though I look wimpy to the stupid
>atheist

>Creator taking his divorce out on his characters

>Jerry and Beth would be fine if Jerry could find a job and Beth would just finally let go of her dad and grow up.

Seriously. Beth's daddy issues are so severe its sick. Jerry just has a shitty ability to find a job.

Sup Forums identifying and constantly defending Jerry is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in these boards.
>J-Jerry is good because he CARES about the family!

Jerry did literally nothing wrong.
I'd hope the show is eventually building towards Beth realising she's the baddie in the situation due to her father issues, but with women writers I doubt it.
She'll be shown as 100% right.

This is why you never let your in-laws live with you. This happens even if you don't have a portal gun and infinite realities. With parents around you never truly grow up and put your lover first and your parents second which is what is needed.

this is the same guy who couldn't get over the fact that his show was canceled and has to bring up how "unfair" it is in every other project he works on

Jerry's literally just a normal guy who can never catch a break because his father in law in a nihilistic god.

>every character in the show hates Jerry
>the universe of the show itself hates Jerry
>the creators of the show hates Jerry
Gee, I wonder why people would feel bad for him and a need to defend him. They should either make him out to be a worse person or lay off him a little.

He's a bad, uninteresting character and every one of his chapters and subplots are boring. The infatuation people have with him here just reeks of contrarianism. "The show and the creators want me to hate him, so I'm going to like him instead".

>a bloo hoo hoo Beth drinks and is mean to Jerry sometimes
That's precisely what makes it so fucking terrible. We had a promising student looking to become a real doctor instead of a horse surgeon (which by the way is still infinitely better than the unemployment circus Jerry is going through) get impregnated and life ruined by a leech like Jerry. The fact that she's mentally a little unwell now is a result of her being with Jerry. Jerry literally had her wrapped around his finger and neglected her, Morty and Summer because he thinks whatever he wants to do is always right. See the whole Pluto is a planet debacle for example. He's the guy that doesn't listen to others or only nods and pretends he's listening and then expects everyone else to shower him with attention on demand. He's a hardheaded moron who doesn't care about things until they're gone.

Like I said, if Beth was seriously at a point where a Meeseeks could sweep her off her feet in under 5 minutes with a simple compliment and psuedo-deep conversation, that's on Jerry for seriously neglecting her and letting their relationship crumble over 16 years to that point, well before Ricks arrival. The fact that Morty and Summer don't respect him is also on him. Morty seriously began the show with at least an ounce of respect for his dad, and like the viewers, all we see is him crying and complaining. He never mans the fuck up. He can't hold a job, he argues over simple facts, can't follow instruction, he insults his wife in a passive aggressive fashion when he's usually the cause of a problem, he's now crying about losing the family he never acted like he gave a shit about before, etc. It's amazing Morty even still talks to the guy.

I mean seriously. Can you name one time in the series where Jerry even attempts to have a genuine father-child bonding experience with Morty or Summer that he doesn't screw up due to incompetence or brashness?

It's almost like the female writers are pretty fucking amazing to make so many normies care about a make believe loser to the point of having 5 threads up about him at any given moment.

>Can you name one time in the series where Jerry even attempts to have a genuine father-child bonding experience with Morty or Summer
That time he was begging Summer for money. Felt relatable to me

Topkek

Reminder that later or sonner Rick will pull his life together, find an attractive girlfriend and be happy again, just so it could be destroyed by Rick and be forced to live with Beth again.

Have you ever noticed how society conditions us to hate and reject weak or insecure men as being cancerous and deserving of the contempt they get while also telling us to support and empathise with every minute weakness or insecurity in women because they somehow make them MORE deserving of our love and attention?

rick really is his own worst enemy

Did they hurt your feefees, user?

Nah, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of gender politics and yet another reason why men and women will never be societal equals.

it's called the double standard