Nostalgia thread

Nostalgia thread.

Which shows do you remember fondly and which still hold up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTQI_XjoSSY
youtube.com/watch?v=IAzH3nw4SHo
youtube.com/watch?v=GqBM-RrprfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Big Guy and Rusty, I still think it holds up.

I don't think I've heard of that one

At least I believe it does. I also like the sequels, both Alien Force and Ultimate Alien but have to admit that they both have really annoyingly grating flaws compared to the original (even if I did love the darker tone of the first two seasons of Alien Force).

Clutch Cargo
youtube.com/watch?v=UTQI_XjoSSY

wut

I love beast wars, but the cgi aged like spoiled milk.

I miss him.

Not a show but I rewatched Ferngully recently and it's surprisingly still pretty decent.

I loved the felix the cat movie but I loved pic related

My dad introduced me to speed racer as a kid

This fucker right here. I can't imagine that it still holds up.

Also most of the 90's toons such as Duck Tales/Rescue Rangers.

Shame there are so few episodes actually available in English. There's literally only a hand full that I've been able to find.

duck tales came out in 87

They're literally timeless, but they always take me back to when I was a kid watching them. Especially the public domain ones we had on those shitty VHS's.

Of all the shows I watched as a kid, only the DCAU and Hey Arnold still hold up.

>go to walgreens as a kid and buy looney toons/popeye/superman on a side gle tape for a dollar
>love the hell out of it
>week later buy a different tape with different artwork by a different company
>it was the same shit as every other tape they sell for a dollar
Public domain was an unknown concept to me as a child, but I hated it.

>Elmer is dressed like a train conductor.
>Sam's head is coming out of ring of the logo.

>hey arnold
>EEnE
>rocko
>TMNT movies

I meant to say TaleSpin but Duck Tales wasn't bad either.

I also have fond memories for the Alvin parodies. Dick Tracy and Batman come to mind.

good choices

Many, but especially this one.

The story still holds up. The animation....I can overlook.

Oh fuck you now I've got the themesong in my head.

Boomerang has lately been spamming them lately, in hour long blocs no less. Unlike TTG I never get sick of it as there's such variety

1000 years ago, superstition and the sword ruled

>I also have fond memories for the Alvin parodies.
You mean season 8 of Alvin and the Chipmunks (also known as Chipmunks Go to the Movies) that focused on movie parodies?
youtube.com/watch?v=IAzH3nw4SHo

we had them on laserdisk

This is true. Also maybe half of tom and jerry is timeless. The tex Avery tom and jerry is fucking garbage. Which is crazy because his looney toon shit highly regarded

youtube.com/watch?v=GqBM-RrprfY
it's based on a 90s Dark Horse comic

written by Frank Miller

>Rewatched this for the first time in 25 years
>Somehow even better than I remember it.

I remember this show being a decent filler, but how batshit insane it was went way over my head as a child. As an adult I can truly appreciate depths to which the madmen who created it did not give a shit about anything and yet managed to get away with everything.

I recently watched a documentary with Chuck Jones where he was talking about the difference between stuff like the Golden Age Looney Tunes and the Hanna-Barbera animated series.

He said that you can mute a LT short and still understand almost perfectly what's happening, but if you mute a Hanna-Barbera (or any modern series) then you'll have absolutely no idea what's going on.

So much of the humor and story in the LT/MM shorts (hell most Golden Age animated stuff) was visual, the music plays a greater part at adding to the story than the dialogue does in most cases. That's what helps to make them timeless.

TaleSpin was fucking awesome, I loved it as a kid and I remember watching the episode with the Pandas before it was pulled from syndication.

ended on a cliffhanger. i dont know who to blame, but im still angry about it 20 years later

Damn, that's actually a cool intro.

Have you watched Omniverse?
It's really good.
the new ben 10 series doesn't really have anything to offer to adult fans though, even super fans. Only the most devoted lolitards still watch that show.

are you me user?
i loved this show as a kid and was legit mad it never got resolved.

i remember this show
they fought against aliens that kept splicing their own dna right?

also i'm still dissapointed this serie never got made

Used to be one of my favorite shows to watch on sick days, it's pretty much timeless

>dissapointed

Posting this even though I only found out about most of these recently. I guess you could say they're quasi-nostalgic for me, all still hold up.

That's some really nice art.