>Batman would rather let the Joker run free than let Frank kill the clown

>Batfags will defend him and say DC's in-story excuses for the Joker running around work

I mean. By all accounts the Batman should be tying to stop the killer even if he is after a worse killer.

This isn't a Joker's life or an innocents life thing

Yeah but that doesn't require him to let the Joker run away

>Batcucks

Yes we know it's stupid. It's a comic book about a rich guy who decides to beat people up because his parents are dead. His greatest foe is a clown and he recruits orphan children to use in his crusade. Batman is not a sane person.

>pretending Joker being alive despite being so ridiculously evul isn't bad writing

Kinda does. If they're fighting there's a very real possibility that Frank will just ignore Bats and put on in him

He doesn't have the time to restrain Joker and the only way to stop Frank from murdering him is to make him go away. Worst case scenario is that the second he manages to take down Frank, Joker could stab him in the back.

>Batfags defending Batman defending a mass murderer

Idea for the best Batman Punisher crossover.

Frank goes to Gotham to do what he does best. Starts out with some small crime bosses and works his way up the latter and eventually starts going after a few named villains.

Frank finally starts going after so named villains, but at this point Batman is right on his heels. He corner's Frank just as he's ready to put Joker down for the count. Except this time Joker is shot (Not fatally but he can't escape) Batman and Frank start fighting and after a while Batman is able to knock Frank out and calls for a police car and soon both Joker and Frank are arrested and put in Arkham.

In his cell Joker is laughing about how Frank couldn't finish the job but Frank pays him no mind. In fact he thinks he's rather grateful for Batman. Because now Frank is exactly where he wanted to be and just smugly smiles and tells one of the orderly he's looking forward to getting started on making real progress.

Frank wouldn't go to Arkahm, he'd go to Blackgate. And Frank in prison has been done to death at this point.

Thread reminder that Joker being alive always comes down bad writing.

It was written by Chuck Fucking Dixon. If anyone had a handle on how to write both Batman and Frank, it's him.

Obviously Chuck Dixon knew Batman would let a mass murderer who will never quit run away if Frank was about to shoot the clown. What for? Bad writing.

By the way, it's the Joker being alive part in his comics that's bad writing.

>What for?

Because Batman doesn't look allow vigilantes to murder people, dipshit.

He also apparently doesn't bother to testify in court to have the Joker executed numnuts.

The whole "No vigilante justice" concept doesn't work when the courts don't kill the villains either.

You can't executed mentally ill. And Joker is certifiably insane.

>Batman runs around brutalizing criminals (who somehow do not die), hoarding super technology, and breaking laws
>suddenly is a lawfag

If Batman respected the law he wouldn't be a vigilante instead of a policeman or in government.

How many Franks would Frank have till he was legally Franked?

That's pretty much the Lockup episode from BTAS.

>And Joker is certifiably insane.
>pretending the Jury and Judge would have to accept an insanity plea
>pretending the Joker in a less badly written Gotham could pull off an Insanity Plea.

Criminally insane isnt the same. Dahmer was crazy too.

Legal insanity implies you don't know what you're doing. Joker is a super genius schemer and crime boss. He's not insane

That's why he's often depicted as being fully deputized, that way he's acting more like a Texas Ranger than a vigilante

If he has the authority of a lawman then he can kill the Joker.

>'That man has killed hundreds of people and caused massive amounts of property damage. Again."
>"No, set him free."
>"What the fuck? Why?"
>"My morals."

>Batfags defend it

>That's why he's often depicted as being fully deputized
when

Gotham Central he's explicitly not part of the department.

Even if he was, lots of cops shoot felons. What's Batman's excuse besides bad writing?

I like how scared Joker is of Frank.

I think Batman wasn't so sure he could take Punisher down without the end result of Joker being killed. Punisher is a very capable of making it happen. So Batman's best option was to take Joker out of the equation.

Yep. And?

>Batfags defend it

Imagine how many people the Joker killed for shits and giggles that night after Batman let him go.

Oh shit I didn't know Daredevil did a crossover with Army of Darkness

isn't Chuck Dixon responsible for Batman's shitty no killing under any circumstance rule? I can't pin point it exactly but in the 80s Batman was willing to kill in self defense. Then in the 90s he went full gay.

he just allows murders to murder people

He doesn't want to kill people.

The problem for people is, that he us still depict as morally right.

tsundere batman is best batman.

Why doesn't Batman just profess his love to the Joker already?

Has anyone ever really done a story that shows how FUCKED UP Batman's morality really is?

>FUCKED UP Batman's morality really is?
It's not really. I mean imagine if Batman were a cop instead of an insane man dressed as a giant bat.

Would it be right for a cop to kill a criminal, or allow another criminal to kill a criminal, just because the courts won't kill said criminal and said criminal might escape and kill again? Hell, would it be right to criticize that cop for not doing so when literally anyone god damn else could after the criminal is already in custody? Fuck's sake, Lee Harvey Oswald only made it 2 days in custody.

And Batman's not even a fucking cop. He doesn't get paid to do this shit. He doesn't have a responsibility to god damn anyone. He's a god damn volunteer.

Batman makes it his responsibility as soon as he put on his tights. You're not exempt from it because you're a volunteer.

>trying to blame this on a fictional character instead of the hack that wrote him
Call me back when Frank actually kills a supervillain instead of one off mobsters.

>Batman makes it his responsibility as soon as he put on his tights.
Walking around with a bunch of self defense equipment and a giant bat costume does not require you to do jack shit any more than walking around with a gun, which he doesn't but a shitton of people do, would require anyone else to do anything.

Walking around picking a fight with criminals and constantly raising the stakes sure as fuck does

>Walking around picking a fight with criminals and constantly raising the stakes sure as fuck does
So stopping one crime requires you to stop all future crimes by that person? Batman doesn't raise the stakes. He simply stops, prevents, and solves crimes. And he doesn't pick the fight, he just takes it up. The criminals pick the fight with society.

And beyond all of this, none of this would obligate him to kill. I return you to the cop example.

He knows he's not gonna talk Frank out of this one. They're like two sides of the same psychosis.

You need to learn how to read, idiot, nobody was defending Batman. They needed to explain the situation to you like you're a fucking child.

Batman isn't Judge Dredd. If he started murdering people he couldn't do his job since the cops would be on his ass 24/7.

Why the fuck doesn't Shield just get rid of Frank? Dude's clearly a crazy person and is completely inconsistent on who counts as "bad enough to kill."

Seriously, Eminem is at risk for killing Barracuda in self defense but Thunderbolt Ross is okay cause he's a soldier too?

>Why the fuck doesn't Shield just get rid of Frank?

Because Nick Fury doesn't give a fuck.

Niggas, you all know the real problem is that they let Joker amass a huge body count, but DC doesn't want to get rid of their cash cow so it becomes harder and harder to justify him being alive and getting saved by Batman

All this would be fixed if Joker barely killed anyone

Joker threads should be banned and anyone who makes them gets rangebanned. This cancer has been going on for a decade now.

Is Batman DC's equivalent of Justin Trudeau?

I liked him better as a clown themed hood anyways. This whole crazy psycho killer edgy shit

>Why the fuck doesn't Shield (an extralegal military force ostensibly devoted to protecting people that keeps assassins on its fucking payroll) just get rid of Frank (an assassin of the worst sort of criminals that has a near perfect record of clean kills)

>and is completely inconsistent on who counts as "bad enough to kill.
Retconned

>I can't pin point it exactly but in the 80s Batman was willing to kill in self defense
>I can't pin point it exactly

Because it never happened?

you think the cops would be on his ass for killing a mass murder who's killed dozens of cops?

>Frank goes to Gotham to do what he does best
Take out no-name, street-level thugs who have no effect on anything?

don't play yourself,son

Yes. Shitty writers that write professional fan fiction cannot kill the most famous villain of all time and have to come with awkward reasons why

It has nothing to do with the character and everything to do with business

He's not wrong, and you're not wrong either. He's never actually killed anyone, but he once gave Jason a lecture about how they never kill anyone, unless it's in self defense.

>Blaming batman for his continued existence rather than the criminal justice system

Lol, ok. It's not batman's fault that the law can't be bothered with the death penalty.

He just catches the guys to get processed through the law. If they die because he caught them, he's fine with that.

He just refuses to be judge, jury and executioner.

this. I usually come to these threads dejected by the sheer amount of autism that Punisher fans have about Batman being so popular and not killing.

Anybody that wants batman to kill is either shitposting or simply an idiot. Batman would head Jim's call to rape the Joker before he ever even considered killing him. Seriously, there is one reason he became Batman, he's not going to start doing the exact same crime that set him on his path.

Why do people want batman to kill mooks is the real question? I seriously don't understand the question. It makes more sense to ask why he hasn't tried to become a magician in order to be more effective. Why don't people ask "why hasn't an angry parent or friend of a victim or a crazed cop killed the joker." to which there is NO answer. But I can't take anyone seriously who would ask why Batman hasn't done it. We've literally had issues consider the subject before.

>Anybody that wants batman to kill is either shitposting or simply an idiot.

I forgive you my son.

>We've literally had issues consider the subject before.
They usually have stupid reasons like "If I kill him the city will send something worse to take his place."

That was when I stopped reading Batman.

>Why don't people ask "why hasn't an angry parent or friend of a victim or a crazed cop killed the joker."

People ask this question all the time. The answer is usually Batman will save him or something.

Batman is a crazy person with an unhealthy aversion to death which is why he works tirelessly to prevent any death he can even with the likelihood they'll go onto murder others.

>implying Synder WANTS Batman to kill
He had to be fallen so that he could rise, my son.

Joker and everyone else never should have been made killers. Can't execute someone who hasn't killed.

Batman should also be deputized so he can get away with killing, but chooses not to

what happens when the punisher accidentally an innocent?
one would picture the school shooter character would have to deal with that a lot

google escalation. It's why the Defense Department prefers not to take out generals and leaders. It's one of the things Nolan mentioned in Begins which made a good amount of sense.

There absolutely would be a power vacuum and someone would fill the void. Either someone more ruthless or someone more efficient. Either way that is absolutely what would happen. I mean, fuck, look at Chicago. Now or in the mafia days. Look at the middle east post-Saddam and Bin laden. It became even more of a fucking bloodbath. sometimes it's better to keep the scary man hiding in a cave rather than inspiring more scary men by making them martyrs.

If that's the reason you stopped reading Batman I don't know how you ever found joy from it. Realizing Dragon Ball Z was literally my morning poop in cartoon format for 10 minutes every episode didn't ruin my enjoyment for it.

>People ask this question all the time. The answer is usually Batman will save him or something.

I never see it asked and that would be dumb reasoning.

I believe there was a story where he believes he did so, he grapples over killing himself versus continuing the endless fight

But it turns out it was a trick, he never killed an innocent

Self-termination probably. The whole point is though that he's confident he won't because he's so precise.

It's just a bullshit copout, though. More than likely he's already killed innocents.

That's as dumb as Hulk never killing anyone in his rampages.

>the Joker actually ran
Bitch he'd hang out just to make things more interesting.

Dixon wrote something like 10 ten stories about Batman saving the Joker, all with weird gay undertones.

>all with weird gay undertones.

That's just Dixon's issues with gay people projecting into his writing again.

He is almost Card-tier in this.

>>"My morals."
"My superior morals."

I personally defend the characterization not the move. I don't have to think Batman is right to think he should think that way. In the grand scheme of things the joker needs to be dead or drugged to the point of essentially being lobotomized (or shit, just lobotomize him). But that isn't Batman's job nor should it be. While I'm sure the cops wanted to kill that boston bomber kid when they lit that boat up, had he been standing with his hands up it would have been wrong of them to shoot.

it's the same concept. Let the state execute him if they want.

Though that is where I begin to detest some writers. If "Batman" insists on keeping these villains alive because he thinks they can be reformed his should only be able to do so as Bruce Wayne, intense philanthropist who doesn't believe in execution. Batman should never be allowed to operate with or even be seen near a nut house. And really batman shouldn't be against state executions.

Fucking cunt.

>Eminem is at risk for killing Barracuda in self defense

Holy Shit, this is so stupid.

This.

No homo.

It's not just Dixon

If killing the Joker means he wins, why not kill him with a reaper drone from the U.S. military? Not to turn this thread into a full on retarded Sup Forums derailment but the military HAS been known to kill many innocents, either intentionally or unintentionally. It's one of those morally grey areas by its very nature. So why not have the government sick of the Jokers shit and get the army to send one of its drones while the Joker is out of the states and just drop him along with his goons? Surely The Wall has strings that she can pull to get that done.

I kind of wonder what Batman would do if the government gave him an ultimatum: "Either let us kill the Joker or we'll hunt you down too".

Joker is a terrorist, even if his goal is to cause chaos. Why the fuck would the government allow a domestic terrorist to run rampant multiple times? Yeah I know Gotham is "corrupt" and that is an explanation why writers can say he can get himself free so many times, but how many Americans have to die before the feds say enough is enough?

>Batman
>Rational

no worst case scenario is that the Joker runs away and kills innocents or detonates a bomb he hid or something

So he's a coward.

Yes.
Depending on the writer it's perfectly in character to have thanatophobia.
Retards however can't accept this and think it makes no sense.

Reminder that the Joker on his first appearance was a serial killer and he died at the end of the issue but he was brought back for having so much potential, nevertheless the editor toned him down because having a serial killer as a regular villain would make Batman look incompetent.

This shit gave me some GAY-aids or something

>pretending cops haven't killed murderous felons
>pretending the Joker being sent to Gotham over and over isn't bad writing

.>Brutalizing suspects is okay as long as you don't kill them

>Batfag gets triggered
>The corrupt cops would be bothered by Batman killing a canonical child and cop killer

>Batfags believe this

What jury's going to convict Batman? They couldn't even convict George Zimmerman for shooting a teen gangsta wannabe.

>muh slippery slope
>Pretending any American criminal in our world is as ridiculous as the Joker in terms of body count, resources, and not being dead

If Joker is so dangerous then he should be declared an enemy of the state and have the feds sent after him until he gets dumped into ADX Florence or assassinated ala Anwar al-Awlaki.

>you just noticed the bad writing

>t. triggered batfag

Depends on the Joker.