You know, this entire movie is really one big joke...

You know, this entire movie is really one big joke. Baneposting gets all the attention but it barely scratches the surface of the clown show. From Catwoman's stupid big hair and high heels to the overpowering Mary Sueness of Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character, everything about this movie is clumsy, goofy, and slipshod.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6r8uj6/the_dark_knight_trilogy_a_retrospective/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only the plane scene matters.

Still better than Man of Steel.

/thread

It's funny. Batman Begins was so formulaic and stupid by pre-Dark Knight superhero movie standards, then Dark Knight came out and basically changed the genre, and then TDKR was formulaic and stupid by post-Dark Knight standards.

They should have scrapped this entire script and started over. It tried to cram Millerbats, Daughter of the Demon and Knightfall all together when none of them have anything to do with each other. So it's like Spider-Man 3, but even worse.

And yet it has a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and is beloved by Red Letter Media.

Refute that. Oh right, you can't

*mic drop*

Spider-Man 3 isn't bad either.

It has a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

*slaps face*
Idiot

after TDK any movie would suck
that being said, this movie does suck

See

>Spider-Man 3 isn't bad

It's not godawful, but that doesn't mean it's good. It is somewhere between crap and mediocrity -- and were it not for Amazing Spider-Man 1, it would be the most forgettable Spider-Man film.

Rotten Tomatoes

And Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman.

>Wonder Woman
WRONG
R
N
G

See

I never forget. TDKR has a higher rating.

TDKR
>all critics - 8/10
>top critics - 7.8/10

Wonder Woman
>all critics - 7.5/10
>top critics - 7.8/10

Sorry your Zack Snyder Patty Jenkins rapebaby isn't up to par.

TDKR gets an excessive amount of hate just because it's the sequel to TDK. If you could judge TDKR on its own on its own merits, it's a pretty middle of the road movie. It's decent enough, and competently put-together, but it has its share of flaws.

It's not "one big joke". If you think that TDKR is as dumb and goofy as a movie can be, you must not have seen more than a handful of movies.

It's just a decent movie that was pretty clearly rushed. If the movie had another year for rewrites it could have been just as good as the other two.

I actually like Spider-Man 3. It would've been better without the black suit, probably, but I liked what they did with Harry.

It's still a fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes. And any fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes means it's a good movie (but only critics are important). Just like Ghostbusters (2016). Sorry a GamerGater like you hates women, sweetie.

Why did Nolan let Tom Hardy and Christian Bale talk the way they did? Isn't this series supposed to be "grounded"? Why didn't they give Bale a cowl that let him breathe through his nose? There are horror stories of him seeing stars from being unable to breathe properly.

lmao you really belive that shit? Some anons connected the dots, it's about the truth.

The Nolan trilogy is built on funny voices, Batman, Joker and Bane all had them. My favorite part is that Hardy actually said in interviews he was doing a Caribbean accent under all that distortion.

And from people who actually liked Bane before they ruined him in Hardy's worst performance ever.

>It's just a decent movie that was pretty clearly rushed. If the movie had another year for rewrites it could have been just as good as the other two.

The Nolan films have atmosphere, solid cinematography, impressive designs, earnest performances and a good soundtrack.

Not a one of them has anything approaching an intelligently written plot. The story progression in all three are worse than your average comic book, filled with nonsensical plot developments and wtf character motivations.

Batman Nolan movies were always trash, people only liked TDK because Heat Legend died.

I choose to see the whole final act as an affectionate tribute to Batman 66

People only liked Begins because of Batman and Robin

The only one with good set design was Begins, and when you're doing Batman, Gotham is one of the most if not the most important aspects.

Yeah but we all know that here. I dare you to go into the lion's den.

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6r8uj6/the_dark_knight_trilogy_a_retrospective/

Begins was maybe the only one that had some Gothic elements to the architecture it seemed. The second two were just cities.

Goth-am with "Arkham" Asylum, you'd think gothic architecture or north east horror would be intrinsic to the setting. I wish bane had sprung the villains just so we could have gotten zsasz in a creepy suburbs and woods scene leading to the beef in the school.

instead we got connery blowing up a football stadium in a city that resembled metropolis more than gotham.

Begins had a good plot. At least until the final act.

And the Dark Knight Rises was a decent if underwhelming film.

I was just so. Fucking. Tired. Of everything to do with the League of Assassins. Still am.

This.

I hate how diminishing the League of Assassins is to Batman, I understand the obsessive need movies have to make a personal connection between heroes and villains, but going to a monastery and training with ninjas is so much less interesting than travelling the whole world for years picking up whatever exotic crime frighting skills he can with various different mentors.

So is Batman and Robin but that doesn't make it good

And that's because Nolan takes most of his inspiration from Jeph Loeb, who was way too willing to throw characters under the bus for the sake of his plot and whatever "themes" and twists he wanted to add to it.

TDK Joker is one of the most retarded villain sues in fiction, and yet he gets a pass because Heath Ledger's performance (and the character's popularity) blinded audiences to everything else

>Catwoman's stupid big hair and high heels
It made my dick hard hence it's good.

More seriously, given how fetishy her whole getup is, the lack of heels would have been odd to me. I already find it strange on some suits in comics.

>Catwoman's big hair
Would you prefer the butched lesbian look a.k.a. Miley Cyrus haircut?

and the whole MCU

He's still the best capeshit villain by far, prove I'm wrong.

protip:you can't

And it makes me sad, it really does, because once upon a time I loved David Warner's Ra's al'Ghul as a villain. Animated Talia, too.

But they just get overplayed and overplayed and at this point I'm sick of them. Even in the games, where they were objectively used pretty damn well, I had to roll my eyes because it is so tired at this point.

>Tommy Lee Two-Face isn't factually the best villain across all mediums ever

What did he mean by this?