This show was a shining oasis in a desert of Teen Titans Go

This show was a shining oasis in a desert of Teen Titans Go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9pIwVQJwZbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MaOpwXQY-4I
youtube.com/watch?v=g-4orvjGS2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CN is dead

It's fucking shit, it could be perfect if only teen titans go air in cartoon network.

It better be. A Network does not deserve to live pulling the kind of shit they do.

Dude, i have to 100% disagree with you. this show was not just good, it was excellent, especially considering this is just the first few episodes

Its pretty nice. Its just a lighthearted little kid who wants to help people and get stronger. He is a non-bullshit version of Steven, and the rest of the cast isnt bad either. Mom is hot. Its got potential. World being just the Plaza feels a little small right now though.

Steven is not bullshit.

They are both good kiddos

Isn't he voiced by the voice actor of the first Gohan?

They say this show is partially inspired by Dragonball. What is the ongoing story? Does this kid want to be a fighter? I thought this had something to do with video games, given the show's old name.

Here watch the first episode yourself

pt1
youtube.com/watch?v=9pIwVQJwZbQ

pt2
youtube.com/watch?v=MaOpwXQY-4I

pt3
youtube.com/watch?v=g-4orvjGS2w

well more specifically he is voiced by Goku's voice actor in Dragonball.

It's shaping up to be pretty great. Maybe not a masterpiece on the level of AT, RS, and that ilk, but who knows? It's only the first 6 episodes and a bunch of shorts so far. It could seriously build.
Right now the only issues I see are how the world seems a bit too light for anything to matter. Not that every show needs HEAVY DEEP WORLDBUILDING, but this one is so soft you can't build on it at all
except, that's what Ooo seemed like at first, and it tightened up. It made watching the first season kind of weird because shit seemed so random, but later that random shit was worked in as a normal part of their world that everyone understands. Hell, Marceline is called the vampire queen because it rhymes.. we eventually find out she's the only goddamn vampire left, so I guess queen by default, but never a queen in any legitimate capacity (though Pbubs lets her attend princess meetings, she doesn't go so far as to hold them at night)

at least, sometimes he is
I really hope that isn't a 'replaced' situation, and is more like a "remember how in the 80s TMNT, actors just weren't available for stretches at a time, and since they were recording massive numbers of episodes at once, they just had semi-regular substitutions" situation.
It's funny hearing people talk about old TMNT sometimes with Rob Paulsen and he doesn't remember part of it, and that's because he wasn't IN that season.

Doesn't he have throat cancer?

Are you saying Goku wasn't always voiced by the same person in Dragonball? I've seen the whole thing a few times over, never noticed.

had! it's completely gone. I'm not sure about the current TMNT and whether he had to take a break or what, surely I would have heard something about that by now, as it's his most, er, voluminous current gig. As of 2 months ago, he sounded almost back to normal (which, granted, isn't quite at his peak anymore) when he was telling us patreon supporters that he won't be charging us money anymore since his podcast is now going to be on nerdist's paid subscription thing (but with a free audio version coming out afterwards, so no big deal i guess. we hadnt been getting a video version of it in a long time because they couldnt get good camera setups)

no, I'm saying K.O. isn't always Goku
Though if I was saying that about Goku, it would probably mean I got confused and meant how Funi has a new Gohan
the two things, oddly enough, kind of line up in a weird way.. because you can't do both or the mafia union goons will break your legs.. so the fact that Nadolny's on a CN show now explains why she's not on DBZ anymore... but on the other hand, the fact that she's not in EVERY episode might mean there was some complication there, possibly due to being canadian

I still refuse to go out of my way to put the channel on.

This show looks like shit.

>bad guy is literally just N. Gin
>but voiced by Jim Cummings
eeeeugh

with the TTG landmines constantly, I don't blame you for not wanting to LEAVE it on, but CN is always a place I check when I go to the channel guide when I have cable...

who? i've heard most comparisons to dr wily
I should check out more things that this was inspired by if I'm going to do clever fanart

A character from crash bandicoot

Ah, I can understand your eugh then. But hey, Jim Cummings! He's always good