Other urls found in this thread:

www4.zippyshare.com/v/U6LCF2KI/file.html
www4.zippyshare.com/v/fcyBpvy3/file.html
www4.zippyshare.com/v/ONS8oJWH/file.html
www4.zippyshare.com/v/JiwrQhAV/file.html
www65.zippyshare.com/v/1AAuRAzn/file.html
mediafire.com/download/cf6qlido6n44qfc/
mediafire.com/file/tz6zl6o3budmrvd/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectionism_in_the_United_States.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any one shere there is no retarded "stalin wants his illigitimate son to succeed him until switching to supporting Superman" subplot. None of Soviet Union leaders were comrade Kim
Also, any one where there is no retarded "one man saves capitalism by running allbusiness brilliantly" subplot

The Doom That Came to Gotham

Probably not. All I know is I have always wanted to see a story about Jordan Luth-1938, the first Necronaut. Seriously, the idea of people traveling to the afterlife is a god damned gold mine.

I liked it.

My personal favorite Elseworlds is Superman: Man of Steel third annual, by Christopher Priest. It's set in a world where the Kryptonians listened to Jor-El and 500,000 of them traveled to earth, conquered it and formed a new government. Kal-El grows up disaffected from the utopia his father built, until he meets some of the few human resistance fighters left under their leader The Batman. It's pretty cool.

T H I S

Jupiter's Legacy

>tired of Superman fanwank?
>have some Luthor fanwank to go with it!

Read Multiversity mastermen. It's about Nazi Superman and much superior to this shit.

Millar also doesn't know what Capitalism means. Luthor is shown running a protectionist and government controlled economy.

The Doom that Came to Gotham
Planetary
The Killing Joke
The Dark Knight Returns
The Golden Streets of Gotham
All-Star Superman

I'm not sure how many of these are TECHNICALLY Elsworlds, but yeah...

Was this ever released as a mini-trade under its own title, or too short? Because finding individual annuals is a pain in the ass. I'm still looking for the first post-crisis meeting of Batman and Superman from their annual.

>The Killing Joke
what? that's canon

Moore didn't intend it as such (hence the pic of Batwoman and Bat-Mite in the cave), but yeah, it's obviously canon now. Got ref'd by Death of the Family and Suicide Squad the same year.

*Death IN the Family damn you, Snyder

Superman: Secret Identity is the GOAT.

JLA: The Nail and Another Nail (the most pointless sequel of all time, but it still looks amazing)

Batman: The Order of Beasts is good Eddie Campbell shit

A bunch of the 1994 Elseworlds annuals were good, especially The Super Seven which is 90s as fukk but has Lex Luthor's brain in Metallo's body fighting alongside the Justice League as Metallex so yeah it's good

The Golden Age was technically an Elseworlds even though lots of it got made canon later

Justice Riders got that good JH Williams 3 art and old-west Wonder Woman

All ones I liked better than Red Son, but Soviet Batman is pretty great.

The Red Rain series where Batman becomes a vampire is pretty neat.

I liked it as well but I get tired of all the Superman Elseworlds having Luthor (or Brianiac) or both as is the case here as the villain. While I hated the fact that JMS picked a really tedious villain for Earth One vol. 1, at least it was something new and for a few pages you could buy that it was more powerful than Superman (it's only in the aftermath that you realize it was all just plot contrivance for events to turn out the way they did).

Nope. But you can find that annual as a scan AND as a digital rip.

>Superman: Secret Identity

Superman - Secret Identity 01 (of 04) (2004) (Digital-HR) (Minutemen-PhD)
www4.zippyshare.com/v/U6LCF2KI/file.html

Superman - Secret Identity 02 (of 04) (2004) (Digital-HR) (Minutemen-PhD)
www4.zippyshare.com/v/fcyBpvy3/file.html

Superman - Secret Identity 03 (of 04) (2004) (Digital-HR) (Minutemen-PhD)
www4.zippyshare.com/v/ONS8oJWH/file.html

Superman - Secret Identity 04 (of 04) (2004) (Digital-HR) (Minutemen-PhD)
www4.zippyshare.com/v/JiwrQhAV/file.html

I'm still surprised that Secret Identity is an elseworld. I thought it was Superman's Year One.

You're thinking of Geoff Johns' Secret Origin. Secret Identity is Kurt Busiek's story about a real-world guy named Clark Kent who gets Superman's powers and try to do as much good as possible while living a semi-normal life. He's working on a Batman sequel right now.

Fun Fact - Busiek wanted to do this but at first was told he couldn't because it had already been done as the DC Comics Presents (the Superman Team Up book) that gave us Superboy Prime.

>Secret Identity is an elseworld

It's not technically an "Elseworld" in that it doesn't have the logo nor does DC consider it as such, it's just considered 'officially' a Prestige Format story - the Clark Kent in it isn't an alternative universe/alternate reality/other dimensional Clark, nor is the Superman in it yadda yadda.

I'm pretty sure it's kinda similar to Superman American Alien and Superman - The Coming of the Supermen, which aren't in canon but are also not 'Elseworlds.'

>Batman - The Doom That Came To Gotham (2015) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Faessla)
www65.zippyshare.com/v/1AAuRAzn/file.html

The else worlds for Batman were all collected in two volumes and got released last year, except for Doom and the version of Gotham that includes Master of the Future.

Elseworlds - Batman Vol. 1 (2016) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Slayer)
mediafire.com/download/cf6qlido6n44qfc/

Elseworlds - Batman Vol. 2 (2016) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Slayer)
mediafire.com/file/tz6zl6o3budmrvd/

>Batman: The Order of Beasts

This has never been released as a digital which is surprising since it's recent. Not sure they have enough material to release another Bruce only volume and they threw in another Batman story into one of the two Justice League (catch all since it's includes the Supergirl Elseworlds)

I think The Dark Knight Returns is considered an alternate prospective future canon, as opposed to an Elseworld? It's definitely NOT labeled as an Elseworld.

Whereas All-Star Superman is definitely considered an alternate future of (at least Morrison's) Superman, since it plays with his DC Million, and references other things he's done, in addition to all the SA and GA referencing it does.

>The Golden Streets of Gotham
this is definitely an official Elseworld.

I'm not sure Wildstorm gets to use the technical name. Did you mean the entire Planetary series or are you talking about the Batman book and/or the JLA/Planetary, either way, all three essentially are alternate realities so they fit the bill, just not 'technically' Elseworlds.

>Multiversity Mastermen ... Nazi Superman and much superior

True this

Is that book the only story of him? Or is there more

Thunderworld Adventures

Love this one my friend needs to return my copy before they move away

Multiversity is an entire set of (not really Elseworlds) but 'other DC earths. Grant Morrison wrote them, as points out, Thunderworld Adventures (which I agree was excellent) is a Billy Batson/DC's Captain Marvel set essentially in a blend of the GA Fawcett Comics universe and if the later, post-1970s DC stories been more Silver Age-ish.

It has incredible art. In fact, all the Multiversity stories feature pretty great art, but not all of them really work as stand-alone stories.

Final Crisis features the Red Son Superman, I believe it also features an SS version, but it's been so long since I've read someone else should chime in. And Final Crisis isn't what you're looking for. So for the moment, it's just one story.

America IS a protectionist state. Not much government control tough

Luthor's America was isolationist where Luthor micromanaged every trade.

>protectionist

You misunderstand the word/concept. I don't want to get into a long back and forth and derail a thread about elseworlds, but protectionism would be state owned/controlled or closely collaborative industries where foreign exports/commerce/trade is either controlled, prohibited or otherwise impacted in a way that benefits the protectionist country.

As one example, China only lets a very limited (essentially 3 dozen) US films into their market. Yes, the USA doesn't show a butt load of Chinese films but that has more to do with the animus against sub-titles and general illiteracy. There's no official restriction, it's purely economic.

Likewise, China requires a foreign tech company to turn over IP to a locally owned company that said foreign company must partner with - such as the cloud computing centers Apple and all these other companies are establishing. NOTHING like this exists anywhere else on the planet. Not even the Russians try this BS.

Agreed that it's not the place to argue about it, so my last contribution to this is going to be... a wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectionism_in_the_United_States.

In today's age the US is still highly protectionist, according to Global Trade Alert the US has adopted over 1000 protectionist measures since the Global Economic Crisis in 2008, more than any other country since.[1][2]

Ultimately, it depends on which form of protectionism you want to talk about.

Back on topic, Elseworlds and What if's universes are always fun to read, although I'm not very familiar with DC. I have read OP's and I liked it.

Batman versus Elmer Fudd.

lt kinda ruins the story by saying that the only reason complete control doesn't work is because the wrong guy was at the top.

Does Marvel count?
Because outside of the antitheist wank, Silver Surfer: Requiem is GOAT

Justice League: A Better World and the Lord universe shenanigans in the Beyond comics

Red Son is only a good elseworld for the first 3rd. After the timeskip it completey falls apart.

Millar's best work was ghostwritten by Grant Morrison. Who do you think came up with that ending?