Yet another Sonic thread

What is it with Sega that they cannot have these two characters exist together or the former be in any games? They themselves have made various design alterations of Eggman such as the classic, nega, 06, and Boom iterations but SatAM(and AoStH) are strictly off the table?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y4fQfSeEFX8
sonicstadium.org/2017/08/pages-from-sonic-mega-drive-overdrive-1-leaked/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're practically the same. Eggman is here to stay and Robotnik is just another version. Some guy on Twitter asked if the new comics could replace Eggman with Robotnik when it's stupid and not what Sega wants. Who cares!

And yet Sega won't even entertain the thought he's just Eggman from another timeline when they made Eggman Nega.

The former was ALMOST in a game.

He was in Sonic Spinball

The name "Robotnik" was exclusively part of the American localization and all elements of the localization (such as "Mobius" and "Badniks") have been purged to align the canon with the Japanese series.

And none of that "Robotnik is his real name and Eggman is the name Sonic made up for him that he decided to own" bullshit. That's been decanonized as well. Sega Channel's official profile for Eggman lists him as having no "real name".

Essentially, there officially has never been a "Robotnik". That was just a dumb piece of non-canon foreign localization. He is and has always been "Eggman" in every canon.

I see your bait

Didn't Sega recently confirm his real name is Ivo Robotnik and Eggman is a nickname he prefers?

>A Sonic media with all three Eggmen

There's also Maria Robotnik and Gerald Robotnik from fucking SA2.

user. Are you saying they purged Shadow's backstory too? Because as long as Gerald and Maria Robotnik are related to Eggman, his family name even in Japan is Robotnik.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4fQfSeEFX8

Anyone has the leaked pages from the last issue of Mega Drive?

sonicstadium.org/2017/08/pages-from-sonic-mega-drive-overdrive-1-leaked/

Because those two designs were made for a western cartoon, idiot.

Where can I find this Eggs Man?

SA2 was made in the US, not Japan. The presence of "Robotnik" was part of the lingering American localization that is no longer canon.

Eggman has no real name, as per Sega Channel's official canon profile.

Because the one on the left was a shit designed made for a shit show and was never in the games. All we'll ever get is Modern and Classic Eggman from here on out.

>Eggman has no real name, as per Sega Channel's official canon profile.
This sentence lets me know you're an autist.

And this post lets me know that you'd rather throw around the word "autist" than accept that you are factually wrong.

I accept your admission of defeat.

Robotnik is just a western cartoon character.

More of a merge.

In Japan wasn't this just puyo puyo?

Yeah. The character doesn't even exist in japan.

who would dominator be?

Katella the Huntress

EggMan could had been the main character.

>Eggman should have been the main character
ftfy