Teagan Croft cast as Raven for "Titans"

deadline.com/2017/08/titans-teagan-croft-cast-raven-greg-berlanti-dc-digital-series-1202142006/

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomicsnews.com/2016/09/06/dcn-exclusive-interview-jonboy-meyers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who & why are they doing a Titans series?

>For DC Digital Service
Has DC even covered anything about that Comic-Con?

too young, it's going to be shit

They mentioned it in a similar way during the YJ S3 panel. So we know basically nothing about it

some nobody and because DC is desperate to stay alive

This show is gonna be terrible, I can feel it.

>too young
Fuck you protect loli Raven

Is that a Jojo pose?

Though I AM surprised they are casting somebody so young.

I guess it's gonna be like the animated movies where Dick and Kory are the parents to the rest of the team.

Stranger Thing kids were just backgrounds at best until they caught their big break.

pedo

Yeah it's weird, it's not like Teen Titans is historically one of DC's most popular franchises with young adults, the same audience that watch networks like the CW.

This confirms Rich's rumor.

DC's gonna merge the books and put the NTT team together again, and be okay with Raven and Gar being younger than Dick and Kory.

Who wants adults pretending to be teens with cringe performances?

I want them to be canonically older than 16 not kid shit

>why are they doing a Titans series
Is this a real question

Isn't Kory a teen in the new TT book? Despite it still being canon that she's fucked everyone?

No

No she's the oldest member of Damian's Teen Titans, the text states that she has the most experience and she just usurped leadership from Damian's incompetent ass.

Also she had a past relationship with Dick, she has to be in her 20s

She is like 19 I think or something. I think the author or artist said she was that age before the book came out in an interview. Dick is like 21-22 so the ages aren't that far apart.

Ok

I guess 19 works. I only figured she was still a teen because Damian was being super anal about the "teen" thing to Jon

No, what he said was that she's "mentally" 19 or something. It was stupid and he left the book like two issues in anyway.

Found the quote.
>It’s basically an origin story about where these characters are at, and them trying to find themselves. They are all teenagers, anywhere from age 13 to Starfire who is 18-19, and trying to figure out where their place in the world is, you know. You have to understand; these characters are not only teenagers but orphans, or from dysfunctional families. Damian brings them all together and over time they become the Teen Titans.

dccomicsnews.com/2016/09/06/dcn-exclusive-interview-jonboy-meyers/

He just said that she aged more slowly than humans. Like how Miss Martian was still a teen despite being 50 years old in Young Justice.

I wonder when we will find out that Jonboy has some terrible disease or something. He designed the new TT designs, then bailed two issues in. He went to Marvel to design the Inhuman Royal Family's costumes and draw Royals, then bailed 2.5 issues into that.

Geoff Johns and a couple of the cw showrunners. They're probably doing it because the original teen titans cartoon demographic is now the cw age demographic now that its been over ten years.

when are they finished casting?

do I have a chance to play beast boy as a 22 year old?

the CW shows tend to cast from a specific agency so either way if you're not already known you're fucked

Beast Boy casting call was for a teen Asian I believe. Dick and Starfire were looking for someone in their 20s.

Starfire is like 23 in human years. My guess on the ages:
Raven-18
BB-16
Aqualad-15
Damian- 13

Does this kills TTG?
If it does, I'm all in.

It isn't a CW show though. This is coming to DC's new subscription streaming service.

this actress was relatively unknown

Wasn't Raven like 15 in her mini?

This girl looks more like Terra than Raven.

Raven just entered high school in her solo mini series, right? I think she is like 16 at most. Also I'd say Starfire is just 19-21 if Dick is still 21-22.

Should have been more specific. It's Berlanti's company that decides it not CW. When Supergirl wasn't on CW the casting was still done with the same people because that's who his company works with.

She's known enough that she has an agent and has been in other stuff.

I can't remember if they mentioned her age. She seems older than everyone on the team except Starfire.

>casting an actual teen
This is either going to work out really well or crash and burn.

I wonder if she can actually do a good American accent? A lot of adult actors can't even manage a believable one (Sansa and Ramsey's actors ones are fucking terrible) and she's only 13.

Now that makes a lot of sense.

Maybe Raven is an Australian now. That ridiculous accent with Raven's brooding character would be hilarious

Hey good thing she isn't black

I wouldn't mind if she was black

Who said Raven has an ametican accent?

Everybody and everything must be from america

See: human Green Lanterns

Starfire will be black. If i remember correctly the casting call was for Dick to be white, Starfire open ethnicity, Raven white, and Beast Boy Asian.

Shame Cyborg can't be in it to be the black guy.

It should be Australian based with Dick being the only American.

>Farscape: Sup Forums edition

I'd watch it

She should be puerto rican and I think that twitter fans are asking for a romani Dick

That's Farscape, yo

In every adaptation she's had an American accent and her mother's been from America.

And in every adaptation she's terrible, soooooo...

lol get fucked she's american
biatch

beast boy pls

>In every adaptation she's had an American accent
But there's no reason for her to have one.
>her mother was from America
Her mother didn't raise her, she was raised by monks who left earth a thousand years ago.

She's not american, she's Azarathian.

Beast boy is African.

The show is set in Boston, isn't it?

>they actually cast a white woman

>woman

Desperate to stay alive, what are you on about, mate?

Ravioli ravioli I wanna fuck the gothic loli.

Does this mean we are not likely to get a Titans movie any time soon?

This, why aren't they doing a Titans movie?

user Superman and Wonder Woman are the only JL members' trilogies that have started. It'll be a long while before you get Titans shit.

user she's a little girl

tumblr

That poor girl. She doesn't deserve what is going to happen to her.

But they've commision stand alone Cyborg, Aquaman, Flash, GL Corps, Batgirl etc

It's not like it matters if they incorporate other movies between trilogies. It's a cinematic universe.

One would think TT is the obvious one, given the demographic.

>being a bad character
>being on a bad show
>having a bunch of gross older men draw her with a thousand dicks
>probably getting molested by Hollywood if it doesn't happen already

She doesn't know what she's getting into ;_;

I'd rather them not do this. Just have the teen titans without those guys.

Titans seems like a book that DC won't mind warping to match a tv show if it gets popular. Like with Supergirl

Given that the Nightwing movie got put on the back burner I doubt a Titans movie is likely. They will just take all the things they like, Cyborg and Deathstroke, and just use them in other movies. DC has historically done a shit job at promoting and utilizing the Titans franchise which is why it is so shit in the comics now.

>now

user, Wolfman/Perez and Johns' run are literally the only readable Titans runs.

Even if there wasn't a show coming out, DC would've put them together in a book eventually.

DC will ALWAYS go back to NTT at some point.

By now I meant that it has been shit since the NTT era. Johns' run is very overrated.

>DC will ALWAYS go back to NTT at some point
They won't since Cyborg is off the table now. The NTT era isn't coming back.

That's why they'll replace him with another black character like Bumblebee.

All they have to do is have Cyborg do a few missions with the TT while on the JL.

its not gonna be on the CW

They better make her goth.

I dislike John's run.That was the beginning of the end for the YJ cast.

post feet

She probably got the "Dan Schneider treatment".

Which they won't do. They made a very conscious effort to erase his NTT ties. I mean they wanted to could have cast Cyborg to be in this live action Titans show too to give the character more exposure like they did with Flash's show, but they didn't.

Sup Forums fuck off and die

Beast Boy is in the current arc of his solo book

>they'll replace him with another black character like Bumbkebee
Yes please.

This. As long as she does a good job as Raven and is goth I'm good.

Which is just a gimmick to try and get more people interested in it, but that doesn't mean he will be a Titans again.

See the Titans book would've been a 7/10 with good art because of the mediocre writing, but god does Booth's art drag it down to a 5/10.

The Titans curse is fucking real.

Why did they give her an ugly hair style? What about her signature look?

>what about her signature look?
What about it?

Booth is shit at designs. So he got rid of it.

She doesn't have a signature look.

She's a mother now, the big puffs wouldn't suit her.

But also I think they probably showed him the DCSHG design and he sort of based it off that a little.

Bumblebee doesn't have a signature look.

Prior to the 2016 book she wasn't even a title for a loooong time.

She is based in 70s fear of cults (like the movie the Omen) her mother got pregnant after she joinded a new age group that happened to be satanist she should be american.