Well, which is better, Disney shorts or Looney Tunes?

Well, which is better, Disney shorts or Looney Tunes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NEcjjW_Nq5w
youtube.com/watch?v=pEFTJVUEo7M
youtube.com/watch?v=-fIomAY6SYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Steven Universe

Disney. They were better animated, and more original.

A lot of looney tunes shorts were just brainless slapstick, and often enough the same slapstick repeated over and over.

>more original

Disney was definitely more anal about keeping the animation even and smooth, but they were NOT more original. All of Disney's characters lacked strong personalities (especially Mickey or any of their 'cute' one offs). That's why Looney Tunes was more popular during wartimes, they were alot more human than a 10 minute short about a naked baby kissing a flower that turns into a tree that starts dancing to violin music. Kitschy.

The current ones? Disney by a mile, it's not even a contest. Poor Bugs, I don't know what they're smoking over at WB.

Disney treats its properties better.
The latest Mickey Mouse cartoons are miles better then Wabbit, and Disney never tries to be hip with the kids like Warner Bros did with Space Jam and Loonatics and all that bullshit.

Actually I take that back, stuff like Goof Troop and Ducktales is sort of "hip with the kids" but I think it pulled it off better

But the classics I may prefer Looney Tunes if only because the density of jokes is greater. Mickey isn't a great leading man, but while I would prefer Bugs over Mickey, I might like Donald and Goofy over Daffy and... and... I don't even know who would be the third most popular Looney Tune. Porky Pig?

is this a troll question or something? i assume from your pic you mean the classic 20-40s shorts?

warner bros has 20+ well known characters that have all different personalities

disney has 5.

Looney Tunes is objectively the greatest animated series of all time.

Also OP, limit "Disney shorts" down to "Silly Symphonies." I'd say Fantasia and certain other Disney things are better than the majority of Looney Tunes, but if we're just talking about the theatrical shorts then Looney Tunes is GOAT.

I'm going to refrain from pushing the point that Loony Tunes isn't even good and instead focus on the fact Disney beats in every single area, taking the more recent shorts into account.

>Porky Pig?
Elmer. The three share skits.

Chernabog is a character.

youtube.com/watch?v=NEcjjW_Nq5w

Overall I think Looney Tunes is better. However, in modern times Disney is far better.

Disney had the better animators, Warner had the better cartoonists.

A lot of Disney shorts were straight retellings of public domain stories, hardly original.

According too
>The 50 Greatest Cartoons: As Selected by 1,000 Animation Professionals
>Warner Bros:18
>Disney:9
I'd agree with that.

Donald carried whole Disney shorts.
Looney tunes had several one hit wonders like Michigan frog.

Back then LT, now Disney

Warner Bros, no questions asked.
Wabbit is getting better with Daffy being crazy again and Porky being fat again.

The Rudish Mickeys however are a guilty pleasure of mine but are a embarrassment to real Disney stories, let alone Mouse Works/House of Mouse which still ass rapes it.

In short stick to the comics when it comes to Disney.
You're thinking of Quack Pack, DuckTales87 tried to produced a quality show.

The less said about Nu-DuckTales the better.
Debunked.

Again, Wabbit is getting better with Daffy being crazy again and Porky being fat again and the Rudish Mickeys however are a guilty pleasure of mine but are a embarrassment to real Disney stories, let alone Mouse Works/House of Mouse which still ass rapes it.

>Debunked.

Golden age Loney toons > Golden age disney
Current disney >>> Current looney toons

>Wabbit is getting better with Daffy

Too bad it still sucks

>an embarrassment to real Disney stories, let alone Mouse Works/House of Mouse which still ass rapes it.

I dunno, I personally like a bit more the current Mickey shorts than MMW and HoM

You're not only delusional but also sick in the head, at least MMW and HoM were respectful to the original shorts & Walt's vision, Rudish Micky is every thing Walt hated about animated.

I still like the new shorts a bit more, whether Walt would like them or not is irrelevant, he's being dead for decades

There's literally nothing wrong with trying something new, especially if you make it good

Nothing you said is true.
You're delusional, seek help and get meds.

Disneyesque animation is all but unbearable for me to watch, so LT wins by default.

>I still like the new shorts a bit more

I know for a fact this is true

>at least MMW and HoM were respectful to the original shorts & Walt's vision, Rudish Micky is every thing Walt hated about animated.
If the stuff can be fun and entertaining, then it really doesn't matter at all whether it is or isn't in agreement with Walt's vision. I don't even think that most people give a shit about that minor aspect.

Unless the people are someone who get needlessly obsessed over the 'originals' and can't move on. At which point it just gets sad that they'd limit themselves so much.

This. Pretty much entirely this.

No, it's not.
Yes, they do, it's why most people avoid Disney's TV unit.

>Yes, they do, it's why most people avoid Disney's TV unit.
Well good for them. It still doesn't change the fact that in the long run, if something is entertaining, then it doesn't matter.

>Wabbit is getting better with Daffy being crazy again and Porky being fat again.

Just because they try to make the characters to how they used to be doesn't mean they're automaticaly as good as they used to

Better then forcing Donald to fly south for the winter when he was seen in winter landscapes multiple times in the original shorts.

youtube.com/watch?v=pEFTJVUEo7M

>implying

The Christmas special was fucking amazing

Here's the thing, Donald having to go south for the winter was actually entertaining

Better debate

Donald or Daffy?

Donald

Daffy may be crazy but he'll never be shell-shocked Donald Duck crazy.

Donald > Daffy
Bugs > Mickey

Thats not the point, the point was that there was no point to shove in a pointless point in this.

Donald was shown in a winter backdrop more then once and what they did was disgraceful the the source material, please do research before you end up shitting on Ollie Johnston's grave.

youtube.com/watch?v=-fIomAY6SYA

I mean for fuck sakes, Scrooge's first appearance was in Christmas on Bear Mountain, a winter based plot no less due to everything taking place in the northern hemisphere.

This is objectively true

even if I like Mickey more than Bugs

Definitely Donald
but I like Bugs more than Mickey

Why does it matter if it's funny and entertaining?

Things are better if research is done, otherwise things can go wrong.

Nothing went wrong tho, the Christmas special was bretty gud

Thats a moot point in the end.

Then let's just agree to disagree I guess

You have your opinion, I have mine

In the end I find them a guilty pleasure.

right now disney

Disney shorts by a landslide.
In terms of animation, Looney Tunes animators are Disney inbetweener level at best.
No way they could compete with Disney's Nine Old Men.

So? He's a non-character, he doesn't even have a personality.

Wabbit is still a thing? I thought it was dead

Disney, the only character worth watching is Daffy in Looney Tunes.

Disney

they've always been better and always will be better