Hey niggers. Did you know that Brendan Small did an interesting side album after Metalocolypse "ended"...

Hey niggers. Did you know that Brendan Small did an interesting side album after Metalocolypse "ended", called Galaktikon? Its basically a heavy metal space opera. The Galactikon II album comes out this month.

Did you know that hes got a comic book being made about the story? Im sad that people at Comicon were able to get a metalic cover variant of the first issue of the comic, with Brendan there signing copies.

youtube.com/watch?v=kSZ39pkVP70
youtube.com/watch?v=RYTqq02gZIo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFESihUvYYk
youtube.com/watch?v=KN70OHktQAY
youtube.com/watch?v=4mWOvJgL2qM
youtube.com/watch?v=AbjwH0o__jQ
metalinsider.net/interviews/interview-brendon-small-on-galaktikon-ii-the-end-of-metalocalypse
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Derp, I forgot to link the other song teaser.

youtube.com/watch?v=HFESihUvYYk

Galaktikon animated series when?

Well, the first Galaktikon happened when he had all his band together, but couldn't get clearance to record dethalbum 3, (i Think), so he was like, fuck it, and using his own money recorded it.

But, enough of that, it's storytime, niggers

Goddamit, Brendon, that's genius.

I'd watch an animated version of the Galaktikon album ala Interstella 5555. That'd be tits.

Can't wait for the next album, though I'll admit I'm still holding onto the tiniest string of hope that it's somehow Dethklok related. I love this new project Brendan's got, but I want to at least know how the *riff*ing story ended.

Also, I wish I knew guitar so I'd know what T1TS sounded like.

I just imagine the pitch harmonics from the show. It works.

And, I mean Galaktikon 2 is supposed to be the spiritual successor to metalocalypse. Unless we get some throwaway lyrics referencing a past apocalypse of metal, I'm not sure it'll be tied except musically-wise.

Yeah, I know it's really unlikely. I just hate how shafted Brendan got. You can tell he really wanted to make something for the fans. Thankfully he didn't let it go to waste and now we get Galaktikon II.

I like the use of theTriton lyrics as dialogue here.

Had to change the dimensions on this cause the file was too large.

Brendan's work ethic is scary. Watch the making of Doomstar on youtube and you'll see what I mean. The guy has to make something, usually a whole fucking lot of somethings. No way he'd be kept down because of a cancellation.

Although, it hurts me too, friendo.

>Lazer Witch in issue 2

youtube.com/watch?v=KN70OHktQAY

Best Galaktikon song?

I have to either go with beastblade
youtube.com/watch?v=4mWOvJgL2qM
or You can't run away
youtube.com/watch?v=AbjwH0o__jQ

I like Dangertits. It was pretty funny to imagine it playing when they pop down their big warp drive engine in the comic to perform the "Dangertits" maneuver.

"On My Way" is also rad as fuck. The whole albums great.

Agreed. I only got into it a bit ago, but I've been listening to it like crazy for a month or two now.

I already love this little guy. I love derpy robots.

bump for storytime.

What are the chances the comic gets abruptly cancelled?

It's 6 issues, so, low?

Brendan better wear the helmet playing live.

The comics are only going to be about the first album.

The second Galaktikon album is a totally different space story, so maybe theyll do another set of comics for it?

metalinsider.net/interviews/interview-brendon-small-on-galaktikon-ii-the-end-of-metalocalypse

>"Galaktikon II is coming out of the same place Galaktikon came out of. When the first one came out, I didn’t know if I was able to make Dethalbum II. I know that I won’t be able to make any more Dethklok records in my current situation with Adult Swim, and that’s okay. I would rather spend my time making music that the same audience will like, but under my own brand, and build it out. The big difference between Galaktikon I and Galaktikon II is that it’s a different story, and if I keep making Galaktikon records it will be like Tales From the Crypt Presents, a different story each week. This is like a story involving something that’s happening in outer space. This first one was a really crazy divorce story, this one is really different and I don’t want to tell you anything right now, but it’s a whole story, and it’s got a different feel and it’s a little bit darker too."

Damn. I was hoping for an Amory Wars type deal with the same story across multiple albums.
Oh well.

I guess Sup Forums isn't big on Brendan's works

It's late.

You saying this would be bigger in 2014?

Contrary to pupular belief, Sup Forums doesnt actually read very many comics or watch many cartoons.

No, I mean it's 430 in the morning.

>tfw we will never get the Motorcity soundtrack

>tumblr glasses
fuck you brendan
just make a compromising deal with [as] to finish Metalocalypse already

He tried to compromise. Adult Swim said no.
He got backing, both financially, and by fan support. Adult Swim said no.

Plus, I'm fairly certain that's the Lazer Witch. She's a combination psychiatrist/Psyhic. I'd say the glasses fit

Dangertits is an amazing track that needs more love

I think the studio and everything was already booked and paid for, but the lawyer forgot to do some paperwork before fucking off on holiday, so not wanting to let it go to waste Brendon made Galaktikon.

I thought the robot was named Tits for a second there.

You right.

>theTriton